InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Offspring ❯ A Little Enjoyment... ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The sun was bright and hot against Adriana's skin. Her eyes squinted, trying to hide from unforgiving rays. She was so dizzy… Everything seemed to move around her. She cautiously turned her head and saw trees quickly going past her. She felt a jolt under her body and grasped the ground… but it was fur she clung to instead.
 
She turned onto her stomach and was looking between two dark wolf ears that were held back through the air. She looked down and saw her toes were three feet from the ground. This was the wolf beast that had scared away the men, now she was on top if it's back. His strides were smooth, like cream that had been turned one thousand times. Adriana felt almost like she was on a horse, except it was so different! It was almost complete silence on how it's paws touched the ground, the ride was so smooth, and it was going so fast!
 
She carefully wrapped her arms around its neck and lay flat as she could. The wolf beast felt reassured by the assistance, it finally could run without having to worry about dropping his load. The shift of speed was noticeable, only by how much faster the forest was flying past them. Tears came to her eyes as the air hit them. She closed her eyes and stayed clinging to the beast, fearful that she would fall, for another hour…
 
 
 
The enormous wolf slowed down, causing her body to be pulled forward onto its shoulders. When it finally stopped she stayed were she was, unsure of what to do. The wolf bent its long neck and looked back at the woman. Adriana stared at the golden eyes, looking for an answer. The wolf nodded his head to the side, and then looked back at her. She frowned. The wolf did it again more forcefully. Adriana remained attached. The beast finally did an all body shake, causing Adriana to lose her grip and fall six feet down.
 
She fell roughly on her ass, and groaned in pain. She looked scornfully at her clothing and began to make repairs. She tucked the strap neatly into the shirt, like it was a strapless top. She looked at her torn skirt and wished she had her pack. She looked back up at the beast and saw something strange. The wolf was waiting for her to follow.
 
She got up and looked curiously at was it was standing by. There was a tiny path, almost unnoticeable, where lots of little branches poked out. The wolf took the first step and went through the twisty path. She quickly followed, but often got lost around a corner, and called after the wolf.
 
“Creature?” Adriana looked around, as she had once again gotten lost; the beast came back and hit her with its long black tail, and stayed. She glared at it for hitting her. The beast did it again… and again… until she finally got fed up with it and grabbed its tail. “Will you…?!?” The wolf started walking immediately after she grabbed its tail and she was pulled along. They walked for about another twenty minutes. Her feet were worn and bruised from stepping on sharp rocks. Her skin was cut and bruised from the men when they were rough handling her. She couldn't keep her eyes from shutting every two seconds.
 
She didn't even notice the wolf take a deep breath, and was too late to cover her ears when it let out an enormous howl. Her teeth chattered at its strength. The wolf and her walked through a particularly thick part of the brush and emerged into a large clearing full of action! Wolf pups were rolling around in the dirt while other wolves were play fighting. The older wolves slept in the sun peacefully. When the beast entered a particularly large family of wolves bounded up to greet it. Licks on the face playful nips at the legs sent the beast into a wrestling match with one of its brothers. Another sibling glanced back and looked again when she noticed something there. The large brown wolf got into a defensive stance immediately. She bared her teeth angrily. The other wolf looked over as he got bitten on the ear by the beast and growled. The whole pack of wolves looked alarmingly at the woman, then suspiciously. The beast got up and stood in between all of them and her. He let out another great howl, as Adriana covered her ears this time. She clung to the only creature she knew and stared nervously at all the golden, blue, brown, green, and silver eyes that stared back. She looked at the end of the clearing and saw a great cave that was before a cliff, right by a waterfall. It was such a beautiful place, and then she noticed something odd. She looked up and saw a man sleeping against a spear, drool coming from his mouth. It was a deformed human with a white Mohawk.
 
“Hey, you!” Adriana was happy, strange looking or not, to finally have a human. The man did not some how. He jumped and looked around surprised, then saw her. He narrowed his eyes to get a better glimpse and jumped. He ran into the cave.
 
“Ugh! He was useless…” She leaned against the beast and looked at the cave. She jumped when she saw several men flooding from the cave down to the clearing. She made a break for it. She ran through the path and kept getting lost. She herd them already catching up and decided to just cut through the forest.
 
Adriana fled; scared to have what happened yesterday, happen again. She felt the wind picking up around her, she kept running, faster, and faster. Unaware of how badly her feet hurt. She felt herself be pulled up and there was just blue air surrounding her. She became heavily dizzy and was relieved to finally be laid back on the ground. She breathed heavily, afraid to look up. Nothing was touching her, but she heard noises around her. She slowly lifted her head and looked straight into a spear. Her glittering eyes followed the shaft and saw it's beholder. Another deformed human. He had pointy ears and fanged teeth, black hair with a white stripe down the middle. He didn't look menacing, just curious.
 
“She's pretty, Hakkaku!” He looked over at another man. She followed his eyes and saw the white Mohawk. He looked at her and smiled happily.
 
“She is!” He looked up at the one with the white stripe. “Ginta… Kouga is angry.” They both looked behind her and backed away. She turned her body onto her back and pulled her skirt down. A tall handsome one looked at her with a sudden shift of expression. He had long black hair tied up in the back, with teal green eyes. He had dark skin, but not as dark as hers. He had the same pointed ears and teeth, but for the first time, she noticed a brown tail. She looked at the other two and it was the same. She looked, finally, behind Ginta and Hakkaku and saw several others that shared the same differences. She looked back at the handsome one and saw the armor and fur combination he wore. He held a feeling of authority. She looked down as she slowly stood up. She looked at him curiously, while he did the same.
 
“What is she, Kouga? Dinner? A toy… a little enjoyment?!?” A man shouted from the crowd, several others laughed. He looked over sternly and the men hushed. He looked back at her and glanced her up and down.
 
“It wouldn't hurt would it?” He looked over at the men and smiled. They all laughed. Adriana blushed, and then became infuriated. Her expression hardened a little, while she tried to look away. Kouga saw a large bruise on her shoulder and reached for it. Adriana saw his hand slapped it away. The men shuffled on their feet uncomfortably.
 
“Don't touch me…” Adriana spoke softly without even looking at him. All she did was glare at the ground while holding herself, shunning away his touch. Kouga seemed offended by her dismissal of his hand.
 
“Who are you?” He asked her loudly. She turned away and started looking for the creature. Kouga grabbed her shoulder and forced her to turn to him. Adriana flinched and gasped when his rough hands pressed into her purple bruise. Kouga quickly released when she looked up, almost pleadingly. He softly whispered so no others could hear. “I didn't mean…” She looked down. Kouga walked away towards Ginta and Hakkaku. She looked around for the creature and saw him staring with his golden eyes, almost worriedly. She started to run to him, but some men shouted at her to not move. She glared and ran anyways. The creature ran towards her as some of them men came after her with spear and snapped them like twigs in his mouth and growled. She clung to his neck and hid her face in his fur. The creature stopped growling as Kouga approached.
 
“Ze'ev, is this why you were gone?” Kouga patted the wolf roughly on the neck. Adriana looked up confused. Was this Kouga a threat or an affectionate bear? She stood more composed now. He looked at her softly for once. “Can you talk with me?” Adriana looked around, and pondered.
 
“Only if the creature can come with me.” She felt comfortable only with this strange thing. Kouga nodded and hopped onto Ze'ev's back. He held out his hand. “You'll walk, I don't feel comfortable being anywhere close to a man.” She looked scornfully down when she remembered the horrendous three that tried to rape her. Kouga laughed.
 
“Then you are going to walk then aren't you?” He rode up to Hakkaku. “Lead her to the cave, I'll be waiting in the main sphere.” He rode up the cliff edge on Ze'ev, who nipped at Kouga and spun around a few times out of annoyance. Ze'ev got him once on the hand and threw him down off his back as he ran into the cave. Adriana watched Kouga as he went after in a blue tornado. She was so caught up in staring she didn't even realize Hakkaku was leading her across the clearing. She didn't know what she was getting herself into…