InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Transfering to Hogwarts... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everyone! This story is officially off of it’s ‘Hiatus’ status. I have decided to revise it and write more chapters, thanks to my loyal reviewers! I hope you like the revised version.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Harry Potter.

*Outwitted*

Chapter 1: Transferring to Hogwarts

Kagome sighed to herself for what must have been the 100th time since she boarded the family jet. She knew why she was transferring to Hogwarts, that didn’t mean that she had to like it however. After all she liked Durmstrang, she had friends there, was on the quidditch team. But some stupid letter from Headmaster Dumbledore and now she was told to attend Hogwarts by her mother. She really should have hidden the letter. Or maybe destroyed it.

~!~Flashback~!~

“Kagome...” Kun-loon called her daughter holding a cream colored letter in her hand. Kagome winced when she saw what her mother was holding.

“Yes Mother?” Kagome asked calmly.

“When were you going to tell me about this letter?”

“What letter?” Kagome asked faking innocence.

“The one that reads...”

Dear Ms. Kagome Higurashi,

We ask that you transfer to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, though we are aware that you presently attend Durmstrang. We need someone with your talent and skill to protect Harry Potter from Voldemort. You having survived and almost defeated him before, by yourself, and are therefore a perfect candidate. You will be able to blend in as another student. He would not suspect you. Thank you for your time, Ms. Higurashi, we shall await your response.

Sincerely,

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

“Oh, that letter.” Kagome said lamely.

“Yes that letter.”

“Must have slipped my mind.” Kagome shrugged nonchalantly.

“You will be going won’t you?” Kun-loon asked glaring at her daughter, daring her to say otherwise.

“Yes, Mother.” Kagome said wisely.

~!~End Flashback~!~

‘Damn Dumbledore.’ Kagome thought. She didn’t want to go. She just wanted to forget all about what had happened four years ago. What happened at Hogwarts. Her elder brother, Kiden had been attending Hogwarts as a 12 year old, second year student. Kagome was 10 and would be starting her schooling a year later, at Hogwarts with her brother, but that all changed.

But halfway through Kiden’s second school year, the Higurashi’s received a letter that stated that her brother Kiden Higurashi, had been killed by Voldemort. Kiden, her Kiden. Why? Because his friend had been mistaken for Harry Potter and the attack hit her brother instead. Needless to say Kagome never attended Hogwarts.

As the plane landed Kagome looked about the land that would be her home for the next year and scoffed. She waved her parents off, they were a well respected and liked family. Rich, too. They were known in the muggle world for their import, export and software company that Kagome controlled. She had a knack for electronics, computers, software. In the magical world they were referred to as one of the greatest witches and wizards alive.

Kagome slowly walked up to the large doors to Hogwarts her things already being brought to her room. She pushed walked through the entrance into the building that haunted her every night, the building that her brother had died in. She glided up the stairs that led to the great hall. She was oh so careful not to show on her face what she was thinking, what she felt.

She pushed the large double doors open, gasps came from all around her, stunned. Kagome walked in glaring at everyone and everything. She was powerful enough, smart enough that she was in her last year at Durmstrang but would pretend to be a 3rd year here at Hogwarts. The 14 year old was cold on the outside, her face not betraying her conflicting emotions.

The pain from her past was too much, it took it’s toll on her causing her to hide her true emotions behind her cold facade. She herself had been attacked by Voldemort for absolutely no reason in her second year. All Kagome knew when she walked into that room was that she would kill Voldemort and protect Harry Potter even if it cost her, her life. Her life was meaningless to her, the riches, the fame, the power none of it mattered. Only revenge.

A/n: Okay, this was the new revised chapter. I hope you liked it!