InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Meeting Her Assignment ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Outwitted*

Chapter 2: Meeting Her Assignment

Kagome was staring at Dumbledore mentally willing him to burst into flames and die a slow torturous death. Her eyes were filled with a cold passionate hate for this man, not as much as she hated Voldemort but he was second to the top of her ‘hate’ list. It her mind it was his fault almost as much as it was Voldemorts that her brother was dead. Dumbledore could have saved her brother, he should have saved her brother. He should have known that Voldemort was at Hogwarts but because of his stupidity and ignorance her brother had paid the price with his life. She would never forgive him.

“Dumbledore.” Kagome greeted voice cold, detached almost lifeless. Which her eyes were most certainly not. Those hard sapphire orbs danced in anger, hate, in complete pain for just a moment. ‘He should have saved him.’

“I’m here, which one is Harry Potter?” Kagome asked so only he could hear completely blocking out whatever else he was saying. He was not worth her time.

“He is the one with the messy black hair and green eyes sitting at the Gryffindor table with the lightning bolt scar on his brow.” Dumbledore said quietly knowing how thin the line he was treading with her. He knew of her deep seated hate towards him. And he understood it.

Kagome dismissed him when she had the information she needed and walked up to the Gryffindor table. She spotted him almost immediately sitting next to a red haired boy and bushy haired girl. Harry under the inspection of Kagome’s cold look couldn’t help but shutter. Kagome suppressed her disgust at the sad excuse of a wizard, he was wimpy and scrawny. Completely worthless.

His magic, as great as it was, was untrained, untapped. He had not yet found his true potential. He was weak in her mind. She looked at him coldly, some part of her blaming him for her brothers death. After all it was he who Voldemort wanted dead. Why he wanted this boy was lost on her.

“I’m Kagome, I will be shadowing you everywhere you go, except when you are in need of privacy but be aware that I will be near by at all times.” Kagome told Harry.

“Why?” Harry asked dumfounded.

“Dumbledore’s request.” Kagome replied looking at Dumbledore disdainfully.

“Okay.” Harry whispered quite intimidated by the girl before him.

While it was true she wasn’t physically intimidating she was still pretty damn scary. Her eyes are what scared him the most, those dark pools of sapphire that showed nothing. She had naturally pale features and full mauve colored lips. Her body was developing nicely for a fourteen year old. Her hair was long and luxurious down to her hips a dark blue-black in color tied in a braid. But her power scared him, he could feel it even though she was suppressing it, he couldn’t even imagine what it would feel like if she let her power loose. He’d never felt such power, not even in Voldemort.

Kagome removed the soundproof barrier she had placed so that no one would hear their conversation. No one knew that Kagome had placed the barrier except Dumbledore. She took her seat gracefully across from Harry, scanning the area for threats. She found none. Everyone else was quite stunned at why she was taking a seat across from them.

Kagome looked at them all bored. “Do you have a staring problem?”

They turned away immediately. Fred and George on the other hand were intrigued by the dark beauty that joined there table. There first instinct, to drool and stare at her. Their second instinct, to flirt with the oblivious girl who was concentrating solely on Harry trying to figure out what was so special about him.

‘What is so special about this boy that he would live against Voldemort when Kiden could not?’ Kagome thought a headache already forming. ‘This is going to be a long year, especially if I’m already hating it.’

Kagome was brought back to reality by a hand touching her own. Her lips pulled back instinctively in a snarl as she flicked the offending appendage off and glared at the said offender. Two red headed twins. The twins were shocked as she dismissed them with a withering glare and turned back to Harry, studying him.

No one had ever just dismissed them. ‘What is her bloody problem?’ They thought at the same time. As the twins entertained thoughts of possession of Kagome they never once noticed the slightly narrowed eyes glaring in their direction.

A/n: Okay for those of you wondering about the pairings...Well the votes will be counted, including the ones before the revision of the story and I’ll see who wins. I will announce the pairings after I add the next two new chapter, not the revised ones. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.