InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ First Attempt ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Outwitted*

Chapter 3: First Attempt

Dinner had finished fairly quickly, everyone was a bit unnerved at Kagome’s presence at the table. Kagome was highly amused at the reactions she got, they were terrified of her. She was tempted to yell out “BOO” just to see what their reactions would be. She was almost positive it would be comical, camera worthy even. Harry, Ron and Hermione were walking towards the dorms with the ever silent Kagome following behind them. Unknown to them were the eyes of Oliver Wood trained on Kagome’s form. Kagome felt this and was getting annoyed. She turned glaring into the startled brown eyes of the 7th year.

Oliver quickly averted his gaze to his friends. He couldn’t help but ponder the mystery that was Kagome. ‘Why is she so cold? I wonder what happened to make her act that way.’

‘Baka.’ Kagome thought to herself.

When they got to the dormitories Kagome checked for traps, spells, death eaters. She deemed it safe before slipping into a hidden room above Harry’s bed. She placed a fairly simple spell allowing no one to enter the area near Harry except Harry and herself. If they did they would trip an ‘alarm’ that would waken her. Kagome took a quick shower and fell into a light dreamless sleep after dressing in a black sleeping yukata.

Kagome awoke abruptly, stormy blue eyes snapping open sensing someone stirring below. She looked out the window seeing it was still dark out quietly slipping out of the room into Harry’s personal area. She blended in with the shadows using her own powers of concealment to hide herself. Someone was awake and whoever it was could have bad intentions toward Harry.

The alarm went off, Kagome was the only one who heard it. That was after all part of the spells design. Kagome shot a beam of pure power at the creature. He mind was reeling. ‘How the hell did a deatheater get in?’ Her inherited miko powers coursed through her veins. The concealment spell the deatheater had fell allowing her to feel it’s foul aura. Kagome chanted slightly under her breath, a small ball of her ki forming. The deatheater tried to attack Kagome before she released the attack but it was too late.

Kagome let the orb fly, it hit it’s mark right in the chest. It gave a startled scream of pain before disintegrating before her. Kagome cursed. It was only the first day and already deatheaters were after him. This was not a good sign. Kagome glared at the spot the creature once stood and used her miko powers to sense if there were any more of them in the vicinity. There were none. She didn’t need a wand to channel her powers, she channeled the power through her hands, eyes, her body. The wands didn’t work for her, because she was a miko as well as a witch.

To absorbed in what she was doing to notice the three pairs of eyes that watched in awe. To distracted to notice how they admired her abilities, her power. It was after all something they had never seen before. Something not completely witch. Something pure.

Kagome returned to her room and slipped in to shower, it was relaxing. The hot steaming water beating down on her back, soothing her. She was used to getting up in the middle of the night from nightmares. This was no difference, just this time her enemy was real, someone tangible, someone she could kill.

She dressed in a tight black body suit before slipping the Gryffindor house robes on. She grimaced, it was so ugly. But she needed to blend it, couldn’t have people getting suspicious now could she. Kagome heard the distinct mumbles of people getting ready, cursing and falling over themselves and rolled her eyes.

‘It’s going to be a long day.’

A/n: Tada! Another revised chapter.