InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Attractions and Classes ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Outwitted*

Chapter 4: Attractions and Classes

Kagome escorted Harry to the Great Hall for breakfast. Kagome glared holes through anyone and everyone that dared to stare at her, everyone turned away intimidated by the new transfer student from Durmstrang. ‘What the hell is these people’s problem?’ Kagome thought to herself wondering if she had something on her face. There was absolutely no reason they should be staring and if they continued to do so she was going to be angry.

Harry stole a glance at his protector, she was beautiful he had to admit. She was about 1-2 years his senior he knew that much. Kagome caught him looking at her and watched as he turned away blushing. If Kagome could’ve she would’ve smirked. ‘What is this feeling?’ Harry thought looking at the slightly older girl. ‘Must be something I ate last night.’ He thought dismissing it.

Harry entered the Great Hall followed by Kagome right after. He couldn’t help but wonder why she agreed to protect him. She didn’t seem to like him. ‘I can’t believe I’m scared to ask her a question, none the less talk to her. I mean it’s not like she’ll bite my head off.’ He quickly changed his last thought, noticing her glacier like glare. ‘On the other hand, she just may bite my head off.’

Draco seethed to himself silently as Harry walked in with Kagome trailing behind him like a good bodyguard. His eyes were lusty as they stared at Kagome. ‘She is most definitely a pure blood, that means she’s not an abomination like those mudbloods and muggle lovers. She would make an excellent girlfriend, hating everyone she sees, she’s strong,powerful, I can feel it.’ Draco thought to himself. ‘Yes, father would be proud of my judgment in women, she will be mine. By the end of this year, I swear, Kagome will be mine, even if I have to get rid of certain obstacles in the way.’ Draco thought malevolently.

Kagome’s head snapped up and her eyes narrowed. Someone was having malicious thoughts against Harry. She couldn’t pinpoint it but felt it coming from the Slytherin table. She had already managed to figure out that the Slytherin’s didn’t like Harry. In fact, most of them hated him and looked up to one Draco Malfoy. She would very much like to meet this Malfoy and warn him away from her charge. After all it wouldn’t do well for her reputation if Harry died by a fellow classmate or was injured on her watch. By a younger less experienced wizard none the less.

Kagome seated herself next to Harry and the Red head, Ron. Examining and determining him as an innocent, non-threatening person she relaxed, slightly. He was odd he reminded her of those two boys from last night. Family. The bushy haired girl from last night sat across from Harry, she stared at Kagome curiously.

“I am not a specimen to be studied so I suggest you refrain from looking at me so intently, I will not change.” Kagome spoke to Hermione or as she dubbed her ‘bushy head’ coldly.

“Sorry.” She said quickly.

Kagome inclined her head slightly, accepting her apology.

It wasn’t a personal dislike against what she was. Kagome had no particular animosity towards Muggle-born witches, she just hated everyone. Period. Kiden had always told her she had a heart of gold, that she loved everyone as a friend, family. Kagome changed because she wanted to erase every reminder of her brother from her life. ‘And ironically, I’m now in the very school that he was killed in.’ Kagome thought.

Kagome had loved playing jokes on people, she loved to laugh, but that was before what happened to Kiden. She stopped doing what she loved to do, it brought to many painful memories to the surface, like when she would pull a prank on her brother and he would playfully chase her and take his ‘revenge’. Kagome couldn’t even remember when the last time she smiled was, that was sad.

Very sad.

“I’m done.” Harry announced unnecessarily.

Kagome rose gesturing for Harry to do the same, he did so, not wanting to get on her bad side. He didn’t even want to think about her bad side if how she acted now was her good side. He could almost shudder thinking about it. That was not a pretty prospect.

“Let us go to our first class.” Kagome spoke to Harry.

Kagome did not like what Dumbledore had done. After the attack on Harry she had to attend his classes as well. She was originally going to be a 3rd year, since the classes were close to each other, but not anymore. Kagome was almost insulted, she was after all very experienced. She would pass all the classes with flying colors. Unfortunately for them both the first class was Potions with Snape. Harry’s displeasure was obvious. He did not like Snape and vice versa.

“Come now, you don’t want to be late on your first day.” Kagome chided sarcastically. Harry looked shocked. Kagome’s eyebrow raised of it’s own accord in response to his shocked face. He said nothing. Kagome was very comfortable with the silence, after all that was what she was used to. Harry, however unused to silence, was uncomfortable and began to fidget.

“Please stop fidgeting it’s annoying.” Kagome said calmly.

“S-sorry.” Harry stuttered.

“Don’t stutter, it shows that your scared or nervous. When speaking, do so confidently otherwise people will pick on you and do so continuously thinking you have no backbone.” Kagome said giving him advice, after all she would not tolerate weakness. She would simply have to teach him.

When the two arrived at the dungeons where the potions class would be held Kagome entered first. Snape who was informed of the situation placed Kagome in between Harry and Draco. The blonde haired slytherin was quickly getting on the raven-haired girls nerves. She whipped around to face him and barely contained a growl at his lusty look. It was disgusting.

“Did you know that it is rude to stare.” Kagome stated more than asked.

“Yes, I did.” He replied his voice slick.

“So stop.” Kagome hissed and turned away.

Kagome and Harry got through the class barely. The students were required to make a simple potion which would glow and act as a source of light. Beginning magic, really. Easy. Apparently not for Harry, Kagome noticed he, along with the rest of the class, had problems. She couldn’t believe they were having such a hard time with the potion. Kagome on the ot her hand had no problems. ‘Amateurs.’ But the thing that bugged Kagome was Draco Malfoy, she had to show great restraint and not kill him. Though it was oh so tempting. So she busied herself with imagining different ways to maim, kill and torture him.

Their next class was Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. The ‘teachers aid’ much to Kagome’s displeasure was the guy who had been staring at her yesterday. His light hazel colored eyes stared at her intently, Kagome was tempted to sneer. Kagome figured he was there to get a good recommendation for when he graduates to get into the Ministry of Magic. Probably.

Oliver was so lost in his own world thinking about Kagome he was startled when Professor McGonagall snapped at him to stop daydreaming and get back to work. The class snickered causing a light pink blush to rise on his cheeks. Kagome had an amused look in her eyes but as quickly as it appeared it was gone replaced by her normal cold look. Kagome turned away to assist Harry with his assignment. He was to transform the goblet into a rat.

Kagome nodded to something that he had said before looking up at the staring Oliver and glaring. That look promising pain if he continued to stare at her, clearly telling him to mind his own business. Not that he could help it and apparently neither could Fred and Ron who were in the class for punishment.

Fred and George were staring at Kagome, drool forming at their mouths. They were thankful that Kagome had not noticed them, she was to busy explaining a very critical, hard to grasp concept of Transfiguration to Harry. They were there because they had accidentally caused a students tongue to grow 12 feet long with their gum. The twins reasoned that it wasn’t their fault that the student ate their gum it’s not like they gave it to him, he just happened to come across it.

As if sensing their gazes on her Kagome turned in their direction, the twins quickly turned away before they could be caught however. They turned back towards her after a minute and found themselves on the receiving end of a very nasty glare.

‘What is with these boys?’ Kagome thought to herself.

She had no problem with them glancing at her but when they started to stare at her constantly it made her uneasy. After all who knew what kind of thoughts were going through their heads. Who knew indeed...

A/n: Did you like it? Hope you did!