InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Poor Inuyasha ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter contains RACHEL a fellow FF.NET author. It was with her preference that I add her to the story. Since this story was originally dedicated to her. But she will not be playing a major part. More like Cho or Katie.

*Outwitted*

Chapter 11: Poor Inuyasha

When Inuyasha regained some semblance of sanity Kagome was talking to Harry and Oliver about an upcoming Quidditch game. They all agreed that it would be best if Kagome and the professors checked out any area where a possible strike against Harry could take place. Kagome also volunteered Inuyasha’s services much to his dismay. He was not her lap dog. He refused to do it, that is until he was convinced. A couple of threatening sits and glares did him in.

It was dinner time by the time they had finished their very long and descriptive conversation getting a few rude remarks from Inuyasha that would earn him another ‘sit’ from Kagome. They were walking down the hallway to the great hall when Inuyasha bumped into an extremely aggravated and pissed off Rachel.

The fiery brown eyed Ravenclaw growled at the idiot that bumped into her. She was not in the mood. Her friends had thought it would be funny to leave her in the middle of the hall and she didn’t even know where she was. She tossed her short flipped-cut black hair across her shoulder, turning away effectively hitting Inuyasha in the face as she walked away giving Inuyasha the cold shoulder. Kagome held back her laughter at her stunned friends face. It was comical.

Once Rachel was out of sight Kagome snorted in barely suppressed laughter. Inuyasha’s jaw was still on the ground where it had fell to when Rachel turned her back on him.

“That was Rachel Yeoun Kim. It would be within your best interest to not anger her. She can get very...violent if you do so.” Kagome said voice full of humor.

“Yeah. I heard she had a crush on Roger Davies or was it Fred or George.” Harry said out loud.

“Really?” Kagome asked amused.

“Uh, did I say that out loud?” Harry asked blushing.

“Yes you did.” Kagome said with a soft chuckle.

What the group didn’t notice as they continued on towards the great hall was the pair of crimson eyes watching their every move. Those eyes belonging to one male waiting to make his presence known and steal the heart of Kagome.

“She will be mine.” said figure whispered into the deserted corridors.

Kagome whipped around, getting a chill up her spin, scanning the area and turning up with nothing. Her brows furrowed. ‘Something’s wrong, very wrong.’ Kagome thought to herself.

They had all seated themselves at the Gryffindor table as usual. However when Inuyasha saw Rachel he started yelling at her calling her things like ‘worthless wench’. Kagome’s eyebrow’s rose and she shook her head at her incredibly stupid friend that was about to be lashed at by Rachel.

“What did you call me puppy boy?” Rachel snapped.

“Puppy Boy? Where the hell did you get that from?” Inuyasha sneered.

“From looking at your face too long.”

“Oh, so you think I’m cute do you?” Inuyasha asked arrogantly.

“Oh. Yeah, you’re a real handsome dud.” Rachel replied sarcastically.

“Hah! I knew it.” Inuyasha said either pretending not to hear her sarcastic tone or was really just that stupid.

“You should do the honors Rachel.” Kagome said gesturing to the nearby textbook. Rachel smiled thanking Kagome picking the book up and dropping it onto his head. He gave a startled and pained yelp as Kagome pulled Rachel down next to her, didn’t want her to get in trouble now. After all the yelp was excessively loud, but then again the text book was really heavy.

“Is there a problem?” Snape snapped.

“Yeah! That wench hit me!” he said gesturing to Rachel.

“No, I believe that Inuyasha was thinking to hard causing his head to fall onto his hard textbook causing him to lose a few brain cells, not that he had any to begin with.” Kagome mumbled coming to Rachel’s defense as Rachel agreed innocently.

Innocent. Yeah. Right. And Inuyasha was polite.

“Very well. You Boy! Detention for one week, no causing disturbances.” Snape called.

Harry and the others watched with completely amused looks on their faces. All of them knew better to interfere or face Kagome and Rachels’ wrath. Alone they were terrible, together they were your worst nightmare come true.

“So how have things been Rachel?” Kagome asked casually.

“Fine.” Rachel grumbled under her breath cursing Inuyasha for using her hair to get up, pulling on it. It was painful not to mention she just had her hair done.

“So, I hear you have a crush on Davies.” Kagome said casually.

“Nah. I’m over that, I like someone else.” Rachel said while inconspicuously glancing at Fred.

“Ah. Would that ‘crush’ be someone that I know?” Kagome asked mischievously. Rachel hesitated before nodding. Kagome grinned to herself. Rachel’s eye’s narrowed knowing something was going on in that mind of hers. However before she could say anything a spoonful of potatoes were flung at her.

Rachel whipped around to face the culprit only to find him looking away innocently. Rachel growled quite impressively and started to verbally and physically thrash him. Kagome watched calmly. BAM, BOOM, THUNK, KER PLUNK. George and Fred snickered as Harry and Oliver sweat dropped. Hermione and Ron cringed.

“Poor, Poor Inuyasha.”

A/n: Yes! Now I can get started on new chapters!