InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Thoughts ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Outwitted*

Chapter 12: Thoughts

Harry was walking down the deserted hallway thinking about Cho Chang. And Kagome. He couldn’t help but be attracted to his protector, but he loved Cho. Didn’t he? Confusion was a familiar emotion now. She was older than him, smarter than him, and she had power. More power then he did. Or at least he believed that to be true. Harry was lost.

While Harry was lost in his thoughts Kagome to was lost in her own. Attraction wasn’t something she was supposed to feel for anyone. Used to feeling. It just broke all the rules she set for herself while she was here. Even when she wasn’t at Hogwarts she always distanced herself from possible boyfriends. Possibly because she didn’t want to lose someone else. Who knows? Certainly not her. Instinct has always guided her, and she did well to listen to her instinct.

It’s saved her on many occasions. So why now, does her instinct tell her that a few of the boys she’s come across would make worthy boyfriends. It was horribly confusing. Younger boys was something else too. And her attraction for Harry was quite disconcerting to say the least. Oliver, even the weasley twins she could understand. But Harry? Her charge? It wasn’t so much the age difference that got her but the fact that she was to protect him, he was her charge. Jeeze. Who would have thought coming to Hogwarts would bring so much trouble.

Neither noticed the sinister eyes watching them. Examining their every move. Golden eyes narrowed seeing the dark haired figure watching Harry and Kagome quite intently. Kagome in particular. Lustily gazing upon her developing body. He was tempted to drag the guy out and beat him. But he dare not risk another detention or Kagome’s temper. After all to her it may seem like he was simply attacking an innocent bystander. He’d get pounded.

Inuyasha sighed softly to himself. He had met Kagome through her elder brother Kiden. Meeting her was quite the occasion. She was full of life and laughter. Heck she even made his cold, ice cube of a brother laugh. He almost passed out, after all his brother never laughed. Especially after his mother had died. Inuyasha’s mother, had done her best to offer comfort to the troubled boy, but all her attempts were met with a cold dismissal.

Sesshoumaru however positively adored the younger girl. Looking after her, taking care of her, letting her recover with him there by her side. Kiden’s death took it’s toll on Kagome and the only one who could bring her out of her serious depression was Sesshoumaru. He was her light. Just as she was his. Knowing he would’ve come if he could just made Sesshoumaru feel worse. He should be there for her, but he couldn’t. After all someone had to take care of the business.

The handsome 16 year old sighed to himself as he thought about Kagome. How was she doing? Was she all right? Did she have any trouble fending off the death eaters and anyone else Voldemort sent to her? Did she miss him? Were some of the questions running through his head. There was not one day that went by that he did not think about her. He couldn’t help it.

Kagome sighed softly to herself. It would do no one any good if she was off in her own little world when she should be protecting Harry. Checking for any signs of danger. That was her job. And she would do anything to keep Voldemort from killing again. Even if it meant sacrificing herself. Damn, she needed to talk to Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru.

Now that was someone she could really talk to. She could go on for days talking with him, or about him. He was her guiding light, without him she’d be lost. Quite literally. Without him, she didn’t know what she would’ve done. He could bring her out of her depression, he understood her. If she did die, he was the one she would miss the most. Gods she missed him.

“Kagome!” Kagome whirled around hearing the very loud and close bellow of her name. Her head making contact with Inuyasha. Eye twitching she clenched her fist in preparation for beating on him. As soon as he regained a straight view he grabbed her hand and began dragging her off.

‘What the hell?’

Harry followed after her, it wouldn’t be good to just let him take her. Especially when she was supposed to be protecting him. How would she protect him if she was being dragged away. One thing was certain though.

She was going to kill Inuyasha when he stopped.

A/n: Sorry it was so late and so short. I just can’t think of what else to do. Ideas? Someone, Anyone, HELP!!!