InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Outwitted ❯ Chapter 14: Ominous Feelings ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Well somebody, err, actually a lot of people asked about the pairings...My honest answer is...I have no clue! We’ll just have to see how this turns out. And, Sorry about the last chapter, it was more of a ‘I have no idea what’s going to happen next filler chapter’. Hopefully this chapter makes up for the last one.

*Outwitted*

By: Kage Otome

Chapter 14: Ominous Feelings


Something wasn’t right, she could feel it, taste it, hear it, smell it. Something was in fact very, very wrong. But she just couldn’t pinpoint what. Although she would bet it was that new boy, Musou. Something about him just rubbed her the wrong way. He looked so much like Naraku, with the exception of one thing. His eyes. His eyes were wrong. They were brown. Naraku’s were a fiery crimson. She’d never forget those eyes.

“Musou”, transferred due to unknown circumstances. Unknown circumstances, now if that wasn’t fishy, she didn’t know what was. For all she knew, he could be a deatheater, one of Voldemort’s servants. He could be a spy, a rat, a girl! Okay...maybe not a girl, not with the way he was acting. Like a sex deprived maniac, which was just a tad bit freaky, considering he was only 13-14. Hormones. Ugh.

What was it about him that made chills run up her spine. He wasn’t horrendously ugly or powerful. Just creepy. Whenever she turned around, there he was, whenever she walked into class, there he was. He was always right there. That wouldn’t have bugged her too much, if his eyes stayed away from her person. But his eyes, were always focused on her. Can anyone say stalker?

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------

“What the bloody hell is your problem?” Kagome snarled at the stunned Musou.

“Uhm, What?” He stuttered out, while smirking mentally. It was about time he got her attention, he’d been trying for a full three days. He’d almost given up. Keyword being almost.

Why must you keep staring at us?” An idiot could see the annoyance she held. The slight twitching of her hands, a distinct sign of her want to punch him, not to mention the very nasty glare she had directed his way. Harry tugged on her arm, hoping to distill her anger. Of course he also risked directing her anger towards himself, which was never a good thing.

“I’m sorry about Kagome, she has a very short temper and is overly paranoid.” Harry apologized to ‘Musou’ before pulling Kagome away.

Why did you do that?” Kagome growled.

“Because you were being rude? He can stare if he wants to.” Harry said strictly.

No he can’t.” Kagome grumbled. “He feels weird. Somethings off about this Musou guy, he could be dangerous. “

“Really?” Harry asked slightly shocked. Musou seemed like the guy every body liked, wanted to be around, a real popular guy.

“He doesn’t seem dangerous.” Harry mumbled.

“Those are exactly the kind of guys you have to look out for. “

“Why?”

“Because they’ll expect ya to let your guard down, trust ‘em, make all friendly and shit. Then they’ll take a sword an run ya through!”

Kagome scowled.

“Yes, Harry. That’s exactly what they’ll do. Thank you Inuyasha for that lovely explanation.” Kagome drawled.

“Keh.” She twitched.

“So you want me to stay away from him?” Harry asked.

“Yeah. That’s exactly what I want you to do.”

------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------

He chuckled.

She was smart, he’d give her that.

But she was protecting the wrong person, looking out for the wrong person.

She was protecting Harry Potter.

When she should’ve been looking out for herself.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

Sweat poured down her body in rivulets, her breath came in short , quick gasps, she was almost hyperventilating. Blood. The smell was familiar to her, the tangent, putrid odor of blood and vomit. Bodies, lay around her, indiscernible forms. Male, female, she couldn’t tell. Hundreds of them, but they all held one common factor. They all wore Hogwarts robes. A massacre. At Hogwarts. One thought tore through the rest.

Why?

Why slaughter all the students at Hogwarts? What is the purpose? Nothing came to mind. Perhaps Hogwarts had been under attack by something, Voldemort, and were unprepared, but Voldemort had no reason to slaughter them all...So why would she be dreaming of this? Why? Why? Why?

She turned, looked around in her ‘dream’ and stood in shocked silence as she viewed the killer. As she viewed the person responsible for this evil. And she saw Harry, on his knees begging, pleading and then dying. The killer became clear. Very clear.

She was the killer.

---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

Kagome awoke panting and sweating. Shivering she climbed into her shower, clearly shaken up. The horror in her eyes was hard to believe and impossible to understand. She looked down at her hands and for a split second saw blood before closing her eyes and taking calming breaths that didn’t work.

An hour later found her meditating on her bed. Nothing worked. Nothing could clear her mind of the images playing through her head. What would posses her to dream of killing not only her charge, but the entire student body of Hogwarts. Not to mention the teachers. She couldn’t drive the images from her mind. They scared her. She was not a killer. In the dream, it wasn’t magic she used. It was a sword. A glowing red sword.

She possessed no such thing.

Inuyasha.

Inuyasha possessed a sword similar to the one she’d dreamt of wielding. The legendary Tetsusaiga. Passed onto him from his father. Although Tetsusaiga was not red, normally, it had the potential to become the Red Tetsusaiga. But Inuyasha was very per snipity about people touching his sword. The only way she could have gotten it was to have ripped it from his cold, dead hands.

Good Lord.

What would make her have such horrible thoughts. She would never. Could never...Could she?

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

It was quite obvious that something was bothering Kagome. It didn’t take a genius to figure it out. She had been closed off and distant. More so then usual. Her face was constantly contorted into a frown of sorts. Concentration, displeasure, thought, etc. They knew better then to bother her, but that didn’t stop them from worrying. The last time they saw her like this was...a while ago. Something was wrong.

They just didn’t know how wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------

Naraku posing as ‘Musou’ laughed darkly as he watched everything fall into place. All it would take was a little more time. A little more patience. Then he’d pull her into his web of lies, his web of deceit. Then, they’d see.

Oh yes, they’d see, just how strong she was.

She would break.

And then, those fierce blue eyes would darken, her fire would die.

There would be nothing more beautiful.

------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------

A shiver crept upon Harry as he turned swiftly towards the surrounding forbidden forest. Kagome paused watching him carefully. ‘So he felt it too.’ Kagome thought a tinge of pride run through her. ‘He’s learning, good.’

“Let it go Harry, It will reveal itself, all in good time.”

“Do we want it to?”

“Eventually. Once we get it, we can find the source. Voldemort.”

“And what will we do about him.”

“Kill him. Once and for all.”
----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------

R 16;You can try, little Kagome, but I guarantee, you will fail.’

----------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------