InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Brushogun ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


He couldn't breathe. Darkness rising up to snatch every inhalatiion before it reached his starving lungs. His heart which should have been pounding maddly against his chest was only emitting small skipping bumps.
it didn't empeed his strides, running leaps that ended in massive blows unfit to be weilded by someone suffering such trama. Demons fell before him and he leapt again searching furiously for the source of his impending doom. Hackles rising when he saw it standing idly on the sidelines of battle. Glancing at the carnage He was wrecking upon it as if it were nothing that his army was being destroyed by one man.
Ther woman within its grasp struggling fruitlessly as she destroyed the appendage around her neck only to have it replaced by another. Gasping each time to try and fill the space in her lungs before the next tenacle gained hold of her. The wound on her side draining what little blood her heart managed to pump to it. He wouldn't make it in time.
"It's very simple hanyou." It had said, sneering at him before it had released its horde upon him. "Give me what I want." The woman yelping sharply as a tenacle ripped through her side. ",And I'll go away." A lie. It would always have killed them.
If only he'd trained her to fight.
If he'd been stronger, faster.
If he'd known.
A resounding snap rent the air as it finally tired of the woman destroying the minions that assembled its material body. He fell to the ground screaming as his heart stopped beating. Leaving an empty hole in his chest. The shower of ceramic beads and demon fangs singnaling the destruction of their final bond.
And for a moment there was nothing. The sounds of battle ceased. The smell of blood,of death hovered just outside his sensitive nose. Even though he stared at the ground he saw nothing but the blackness cast by his shadow.
The thump of her body as she was tossed aside like so much trash and the grating of its laugh brought his beast to the fore. The roar that ripped from his lungs leaving the sickening taste of her death burned in his mind for the few seconds it took his beast to consume him.


chap 2

"Rin do not follow this Sesshoumaru." Being the stubbon girl she was she pretended to be far enough away not to hear her masters command and continued her romp through the narrow pass that lead to the final battle. Of course he was only assuming as he'd smelt Naraku's death on the wind before when he'd hidden inside the boy at his side.
He glanced down at the slayer pup with an odd sense of pride. The boy watched Rin as she flitted along the dismal path ahead of them. It had taken over a month to slowly inject the boy with enough of his power to safely remove the shard. The boy had developed an odd, tribal pattern and some odd demonic strengths but nothing that damaged the pup mentaly as he had feared. His second succsessful expirement with his blood thus far.
"Should I escourt her elsewhere?" Kohaku's voice was low when he'd spoken. Rin did not take kindly to being left behind or distracted. She wanted to be a warrior and a healer like Kagome and Sango 'nee-chan'. He frowned at the thought. Even if the woman did mate his brother there was no force on earth that would force him to address her so formaly.
"No. But be aware that we approach Naraku's epicenter." Kohaku nodded once. Keep Rin safe. Even if he would never admit out loud that he; Sesshoumaru, wasn't omnipresent. 'Well' He allowed a smirk to grace his features for a moment. 'At least not all the time.'
His mood quickly soured as the scent of rotting courpses clogged his sensitive nose as it usaly did when Naraku was battling his brother. The windscar scent blatent to his trained sense as well as the backlash and Kogoushunga . ( Dragonscale, black and red had no real scent as they where only manipulations of other energies that didn't use Inuyasha's Youki.)
Bodies were torn and blown in massive piles around the field. Naraku's numerous appendages among them. A few yards to the right he heard a gasp and Rin came running back to them. She quickly hid behind him and Sesshoumaru let slip a snarl as a figure that reeked of Naraku dragged itself around the nearest pile and towards the forest edge. It never made it as Sesshoumaru kicked it enough to imobilize it. The twisted creature laughed horribly when it saw him. The noise grating on his ears that they twiched under the assault.
"I knew I'd seen that little bitch somewhere before. So the great lord of the west has finally slunk onto the battlefield now that his brother has lost." He laughed again, spitting miasma onto Sesshoumaru' leather boots that had become stained with the creatures blood. The Taiyoukai watched him disgusted. His voice thick with sarcasim as he surveyed the remnants of battle. "It would seem that way. Your creatures strewn about the field as if they were wet paper dolls and you youself nothing but a dying ningen." Onigumo sneered up at him some sense of victory swirling in his black eyes. It made his stomach turn with a sense of wrongness.
"Then tell me. Why am I still crawling about hn? Perhaps-" His sentance was cut shaort as Sesshoumaru destroyed what was left of the ghoul in the blink of an eye. His nose twitched , searching for his brothers scent urgently now that all the things he'd missed before hand made themselves known. The way that only his brothers and the mikos scent covered the bodies of the fallen. They had been two against naraku's entire forces. That and his brothers rage hung as heavily in the air as the mikos blood scent.
He found a small trail of it leading into the woods and would have told Kohaku to restrain his daughter if she hadn't been running passed him and into the clearing where their scents stopped. He'd never felt such a keen scense of wrongness since the day that he'd smelt Rin's own death scent.
They were huddled against the back of the tree on the far side of the clearing. The miko was already dead. A scent that he found oddly sickening coming from the girl whom they'd encountered a week ago. A low rumbling growl had him yanking Rin back as she went to help the two. He ordered Kohaku to keep hold of her.
Black eyes watched him with a vigilance that surpassed the oldest statue. Inuyasha was long gone within his sickness though he'd never actually taken the girl for his own. His heart no longer beat as it no longer had the mikos to follow. But the beast that blatantly raged inside of him did not move. Had it been any other he wouldn't have had the opportunity to observe without first killing the male. Inuyasha was the first out of many that did not strike out. Sesshoumaru conceeded with a small tremor that was because he'd had a legion laid out before his claws. Inuyasha had taken the mikos death and unleashed it upon an entire campain headed by Naraku. Whom he had also brought to his most basic form.
A small part of him had wondered how his brother had gotten away with so little of Tetsusaiga's attacks. Now he knew. 'He used his claws' The death of one woman had brought about the defeat of the biggest army since the mainlanders had last attempted an invasion.
He could hear Rin sobbing behind him. The sound muffled by the fabric of Kohaku's kimono. What was left of the hanyou turned to look at the two pups. Watching them silently for a long moment with emty black eyes. To their surprise the hanyou stood. Laying Kagome's body carfully down and approaching the pups with a slow measured step. Sesshoumaru let him pass with a measured glare that the hanyou did not acknowledge in the slightest.
Rin turned to look up at him as Inuyasha knelt down infront of her. His expression completely blank as he offered the small pup the whole shikon jewel that rested innocently in the palm of his hand. Sesshoumaru would have spoken out against it if the jewel itself had not been burning white with purification. Rin took the sphere with tears still running rampantly down her reddened cheeks. The pup looked as helpless as she must have felt, knowing without having to be told that the hanyou that had fought beside her father not a few weeks ago. The brother her lord had just started to accept was going to die because he'd been strong enough to survive until someone found Kagome nee-chan and he.
"Inuyasha" Sesshoumaru paused when his brother focused his attention on him once more. He hated seeing this. It was wrong. As much as he disliked his brother still he had come to respect him as a warrior of their house, their blood. Such a fate was wrong for such noble creatures. If they'd been attacked while they'd still been traveling with his pack Naraku would have easily fallen. It was oddly painful to realise that his arrogance had caused the death of his own blood.
"The wish is untainted." Inuyasha's soft tone was a foreign sound coming from such a loud antagonistic personality. The message was sent however and Inuyasha turned back to the miko's body lifting it off the ground and cradling it close as if the girl still lived.
Watching thm fade into the dusk the Taiyoukai wished that Tenseiga worked more then once on a human. He turned to watch Rin hold the blazing shikon as if it were the last remnat of some dying world. Which; he conceeded, it probably was. The era when the shikon had existed to cause its destruction as well as Naraku's threat was coming to an abrupt and heartless close.
Rin took a deep breath and scrunched her nose in such a way that he would have found the determined look amusing if the situation wasn't so dismal. Knowing what she was about to do Kohaku stiffened but did not remove his consoling hand from her shoulder.
"Rin wishes only for her both of her lords to have their wishes granted and be happy forever with Rin and Kohaku and AhUn and Shippou-ani." She smiled at her father brightly, tears still in her eyes but believing she'd done some good.
He sent a silent plea mthat Rin hadn't just turned the world upside down as he watched the shikon dissintagrate and disperse through the air until not even dust remained.