InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Brushogun ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


"Damnit." She flew through the people rushing by at a much slower pace. Her breathe harsh as it was ripped from exhausted lungs. It had only been a few blocks but her heart was pounding a merciless beat against her chest. Plastic brushed her calves as she tried to keep the food above the cement even as her body screamed for her to give in. She refused and lifted her head as high as she was able given the sparks of lightning that were shooting through her veins.
It had been growing now for months. This slow, agonizing, pain that had spread from her spine to her shoulders was steadily turning into something she couldn't hide anymore. It was breaking her. Crushing her from the inside out until it felt as if she was being pushed out of her own skin. Until every move was a lifetime of torture.
Her bags crashed unhindered to the pavement of the busy Tokyo sidewalks and with a gasp she followed them. There was no way to stop the spinning of her world as it ended with a blinding light that was quickly overrun by the darkness of unconciousness . She didn't even hear her own screams as her subconcious called out the only way it knew how.
"Inuyasha!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Ears twitched. The only movement within miles of his chosen exhile. Not even the winds had the power to grace the bad lands of the Makai today. Another movement as a sound to low to be heard passed through his senses. He didn't have to hear it though. He surprised even himself when his body snapped to action without his command. An instinct long forgotten coursing through his blood and spurring across the blazing plains.
An image flashed through his mind as he realized with a jolt that he was actually moving. His brain clicking through all his mental; controls as he took them back from his instincts one by one. How many times had he replayed that part of his life? How many times had he walked the same paths and fought the same battles until there was nothing but..
He'd forgotten what it felt like. Fear,concern, jubilation,relief,and an urgency that tore his heart in to. In a second he was pushing his body harder,faster. The years that he'd slept were gone in an instant; leaving only the will that pulled him forward with a roar through the pitifully thin walls of the Reikai barrier.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
Hiei and Yusuke met the ground uncerimoniusly as the call reverberated through the air . The power behind it baring down with a force neither had encountered before. With his Jagan taking in the full brunt of the mental attack Hiei was able to push himself up and grab Yusuke; sheilding the detective as well. The toushin gasped as the pain was absorbed into the Jagan and his thoughts were once more his own. Gasping, he focused on Hiei's eyes and thanked the Kami that they had been at genkai's and not out on the street.
"What the hell was that?" Yusuke grimaced as his voice cracked weakly. With the ebbing of the mental tsunami the jagan closed reluctantly under Hiei's command and transferred the energy it had collected to both of them without a fight. Lifting himself off the ground he offered his hand to Yusuke who took it gratefully.
"I have not encountered such a force before." The detective glanced down sharply at him. Hiei had been in everyone of their heads which meant that it was possible not even Enma had come into contact with such power before.
"I know of nothing that even has the power enough to generate such a mental reach, nevermind been able to generate such wild force behind it." Yusuke was not surprised to see Genkai walking up to them with a thoughtfull expression glazing her eyes as she searched her memories. "However, the name is familiar to me. " She looked up to the pair with a small frown. Hiei was tense, reasonably upset that he could not even begin to locate the sorce of the attack. Yusuke's hand on his shoulder seemed to only be keeping the koorime from destroying her complex in a fit. "Inuyasha, the woman who apprentaced me here used to tell me stories about him. I didn't actually think he was real though. " Yusuke made a face and she frowned at him. "Would you believe me if i told you that I had traveled through time and met a hanyou that could slay one hundred S class demons with a single swipe of his sword?"
Hiei snorted at the ridiculous notion while Yusuke's eyes widened in wonder. "No way." Genkai nodded and pushed through both of them to make her way to a part of the complex they hadn't even noticed was there. Looking back at them she smirked ."It only appears when there is need of it. This shrine is full of things like this. it's built oh His forest to be that way. "She walked up and slid the door open to reveal an enormous room of oddly made weapons.
They walked in cautiously behind the old woman as she breathed in the pure air as if she'd been locked in a dungeon for a year. "I haven't been here in years. You know," she turned to face them as Yusuke reached out to touch a huge boomerang that hung on the far wall. She leaned over and slapped it away. "Before I started training you there was only the main shrine. I knew i needed to start looking for an apprentace when the dojo popped up like Sensei said it would. If you'd paid any attention you would have also noticed that when you came to stay with me the main house became bigger then the original."
Hiei and Yusuke looked at one another. They'd noticed but, they'd just accepted it as Genkai's doing. However the way she was acting. There was almost a childish enthusiasm in the way she moved about the dojo. Yusuke sighed when Hiei shrugged. " So, Baba what do you know? I'm sure Botan's gonna be here any minute an I'd like to be ready when she gets here."
He swallowed nervously when Genkai smiled mercilously up at them.
------------------------------------------------

"George damnit! Hurry up and put this damn fire out before it spreads any further!" Koenma's shrill screeching had all his servents scowling as the godling hid behind a statue in the main lobby. They'd been having problems with the energy readers and the weakening barriers for months now. Then everthing had suddenly shut down before a tsunami of kinetic energy had torn through the halls of rekai. Behind it was enough force to destory everything in its path that hadn't been inside Koenma's hastily errected barrier. Including Enma.
Now the thirty or so orderlies that had scrambled into Koenma's office were trying deperately to put out the fires and stop anymore explosions from occuring.
The floors started to shake and there was a brief pause before the building itself started to crumble. The lights were snuffed out and koenma sucked in a breath before opening a portal and grabbing Botan. He hit the button behind the statue next to him and dragged them both through just as the screams of his subodinates were cut short and the world spun into blackness.
------------------------------------------------------------ -------
"Sesshoumaru-sama what's that?" Rin blinked as all the lights in the castle came back on. The statues that dotted the halls throughout the castle where glowing and emmitting a high pitched alarm. She covered her ears as the noise got louder before all of the staues exploded. Her lord quickly moved to protect her from the shrapnle.
"Jaken!" Sesshoumaru's voice boomed through the castle and the toad came racing to answer. Something was wrong. The system failure meant that Reikai had been completely destroyed. Jaken sighed with relief when he saw Rin grasping tightly to the front of their lords kimono. The Taiyoukai's gaze was tinted a dangerous shade of orange . "Find Ah-Un and take Rin and the kit to Makuro's. Do not leave there until I summon you." Rin looked up at her lord her mouth open to speak but the look in his eyes when she met them cut her short and she nodded dutifully. His eyes shone bright with an anxious anticipation that she hadn't witnessed since the final battle with Naraku.
"It seems the miko has finaly decided to return. We have an intresting time ahead of us."
-----------------------------------------------------------------< br>
"Wake up Kagome! Come on!" Yusuke shook the girl roughly. Hiei watching him oddly as he switched from watching the toushin to admiring his new katana. "You know the woman?" Yusuke nodded sharply. "She's come around Genkai's before though I haven't seen her since.." Yusuke abruptly trailed off and started down at the unconcious Kagome with an astonished look."Hiei how many years has it been since the dark tournament? The first one we went to?" Hiei glanced uneasily at him before closing his eyes in thought "Sixty-five" Yusuke nodded before standing and making his way back up to the shrine.
" I met her about a week or so after we got back. " Hiei caught on and took in the girls scent as it passed under his nose. His eyes widening conciderably as he took another deep breath. She smelt exactly the same as Yusuke except for the twist of her feminine scent and the over scent of a male inuyoukai.