InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Genkai's Daughter ❯ Chapter 11: A Matter of Time ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
*Genkai’s Daughter*

Chapter 11: A Matter of Time

Mmph.

Kagome cracked an eye open lazily, scanning the room for anything unusual.

Bed: Check

Pillows: Check

Blanket’s: Check

Kuronue: Check

Yup. All was normal. All of her other less important possessions were where they should be. So what was bothering her so much? Right now the only thing she should be concentrating on was the bed and her much needed sleep. Not to mention the nice warmth that emanated from Kuronues body.

Mmph.

There it was again that annoying ‘mmph’ sound. It was a muffled something. A laugh, a snort, she didn’t know and didn’t care so long as it stopped. She would never be able to get any sleep if that stupid sound continued to make itself known. Especially when she was trying to get some rest. Mmmm. Rest, Kuronue was a very nice pillow. Warm, firm and all hers. Her clouded mind never noticed the amused look on Kuronue’s face or the other’s standing in the doorway which she conveniently overlooked. Silly her.

Mmph.

“Ugh.” Kagome grunted annoyed.

She buried her head deeper into Kuronue’s neck, mumbling.

“Make it stop.”

Mmph.

“Argh!”

“Sh ut up!” Kagome cried.

Oomph.

‘Okay.’ Kagome thought. ‘What was that?’

Sitting up suddenly she forced Kuronue to release her body as she glared at the door where she could now see Kurama, Yusuke, Jin and Touya. Waiting for them to say something, anything as to why they were there, in her doorway, keeping her from her slumber. They said nothing.

Her eye twitched.

“What the hell do you want?” Kuronue’s amused chuckle floated through the air.

“We wished to see if you were all right.” Touya’s quiet voice came.

Her eyes softened and she rose from the bed to give Touya a hug. He needed one, she needed one, it all worked out. Rubbing her cheek against his own she murmured reassurances in his ear. He relaxed visibly under her touches. Kuronue tried his hardest not to yank her back in his arms; barely succeeding. But Kagome sensing his distress obediently returned to his arms, curling up against him.

“ G’night.” Kagome murmured before falling into a deep sleep once again.

How very amusing.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

̶ 0;What do you mean she got away.” A distinctly angry voice hissed angrily.

Naraku calmly repeated himself, again.

“She had reinforcements.”

Reinforcements?” This was said filled with incredulity.

“Reinforcements.” Hakudoshi backed up Naraku’s story.

“A bat demon, dog demon, psychic, kitsune avatar, koorime, two humans, an ice demon and a wind demon.” Hakudoshi elaborated.

“Who were they?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well find out.”

As the two left to do as their master bid, the figure frowned in the darkness. It seemed the little hanyou had more friends then he’d previously thought. Not that it mattered. She would still be his in the end. She would not escape him.

“Heh. You cannot escape me, Kagome.”

--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Burrowing her head deeper into Kuronue’s chest Kagome began to shiver as if she’d heard the whispered promise in her dreams. Running one clawed hand through her long ebony locks decorated with pink streaks he nuzzled the crown of her head to calm himself and her. Something big was going to happen soon. He just knew it. He felt it with every part of his being. And he had a very bad feeling it had something to do with Kagome.

He would not lose her. Not now when he was so close to admitting how he truly felt. He could not lose her, he loved her. But he was to smart and far too cynical to believe that love would conquer all. That love would make everything better, if anything love made things more complicated. Love was always a tricky emotion. And sometimes painful, both Kuronue and Kagome had witnessed the pains caused by love and were reluctant to admit feeling such an emotion.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

Eyes fluttered open to reveal bleary eyes belonging to an equally disgruntled being. Turning annoyed to the cause of disruption from her sleep for not the first time but the second time she growled. Standing in front of her was perhaps the most annoying person in existence. At least for the moment.

Hiei.

And he was looking at her with the smuggest look she had ever seen on his face. Like he’d just stolen candy from a gigantic, horrible monster and laughed in it’s face as it cried over it’s lost bounty. She snorted softly at the mental image, amused at what her imagination whipped up.

“You’d better leave before Kuronue returns and finds you here, with me. He’ll wring your neck. Quite literally.” Kagome commented offhandedly, watching his expression closely.

“Hn.”

“Is that your favorite word?” Kagome asked.

“Hn.”

“When you make that sound it makes me believe you are constipated, emotionally and” She paused for effect, after all it was all about the effect, “sexually deprived.” He looked startled which only lasted for the barest of moments returning to his normal self. Cheery, bubbly and and whole load of smily fun, like Boozo the clown. Note the sarcasm. Kagome hated clowns for one and Hiei well...

Kagome would bet the only time Hiei was remotely cheery and bubbly was when the world ended, he was drunk (if he ever was). Or...

He was high.

She highly doubted any of the scenarios playing through her head, although they were highly amusing. Besides, there was nothing wrong with amusing herself with scenarios that were completely false and utterly amusing involving Hiei drunk or high singing Mary had a little lamb with a clown named Bobo in an awful off key, high pitched voice. Kagome almost giggled at the picture. And in the scenario was a pretty girl with Hiei groping her; she almost collapsed in laughter.

Hiei scowled, not in the least bit amused.

Preparing to silence her wicked laughter by knocking her out he was completely unprepared for the sudden turn of emotions. And...The right hook to his left cheek. Blinking owlishly, shocked it took Hiei a few minutes to regain his wits.

“What was that for onna?” He hissed using onna just to irritate her.

Unfortunately for him she showed no sign of caring.

That you baka ahou was for stealing my first kiss.” Kagome growled.

“You never steal a girls first kiss. Ever. Now feel my wrath!!!”

All anyone could hear was an evil laugh for a whole ten minutes, making people wonder exactly what was Kagome doing to Hiei? And to be honest. They didn’t really want to know. Fifteen minutes later you could see the occupants of the huge mansion slowly creeping up the stairs towards the master bedroom. As they opened the door, they came upon a very odd scene. Kagome had Hiei tied down to her bed with what they didn’t know. She was straddling his stomach which was bare; his shirt lay shredded by her claws a few feet away.

She was making funny faces.

With his face.

Sesshoumaru’s lips twitched in a small amused smile. Kagome was squeezing his cheeks together, the area right by his lips making the ever amusing fish like face. The other spirit detectives and Jin couldn’t quite hold back their amusement and Kuronue and Kurama tried to decide whether to be amused or jealous. Genkai and Touya exchanged amused looks. Hiei was not amused and Kagome didn’t really want to embarrass him. Too much. She’d already took the pictures of the absolutely ridiculous things she did to him much to his relief. If the others saw that he’d have to kill them. Glaring at the pretty hanyou on top of him he grunted his displeasure.

Kagome grinned getting off him and removing his bindings before quickly dashing behind Kuronue. Kuronue would protect her. At least she hoped he would. He should, he was just as angry Hiei had stolen her first real kiss. Kuronue’s didn’t count, he was just joking. At least she thought so.

“Onna.”

“Nyah! You deserved it. You kissed me.”

He paused. He did deserve it. After all it was he who kissed her.

What the hell had he been thinking?

Glaring one last time he turned and took his leave. Via the window.

“How did you restrain him?”

Kagome’s grin was positively evil.

They didn’t ask again.

----------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------

From the shadows of a darkened room a large, burly demon sat watching the events play out. And his lips pulled into a smirk. Naraku would not disappoint him, as long as he held his heart much like Naraku had years ago. Oh how the tables have turned. His eyes gleamed behind dark glasses. Yes, Kagome could still be turned, bent to his will.

After all how could she refuse her father?

Her own blood.

Taguro smirked. Yes. All it required was patience and the ever present maliciousness he was known for. Kagome could and would be trained. And if not, there were always other ways to get her to see things his way. Much more fun ways.

It was just a matter of time.