InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Teacher ❯ Inu Yasha No Baka! ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: *grumbles* STOP ASKING ME! I DON'T OWN IT!!! *cries*
 
 
Chapter 9: Inu Yasha no Baka!
 
“Talking”
Thinking
`Hiei'
`Youko'
`Kurama'
 
 
Kagome grumbled to herself as she crawled out of bed sore as could be. I swear, Hiei gets a kick out of watching me limp around, she thought grumpily. She and Raven had been home for about four days now and she was keeping her fingers crossed that they would make it another three days before Inu Yasha decided to `grace' everyone with his presence. Like that would ever happen. I am surprised he hasn't shown up yet. Stretching her sore muscles she briefly noticed the presence outside her window. Walking over while covering a yawn she opened her window.
 
“Hiei? Are you there?” she asked softly. The branches rustled a moment before she saw him.
 
“Hn, what?” he asked. My, someone is grumpy in the morning. Speaking of grumpy… Kagome's smile turned wicked.
 
“Gee…Raye doesn't seem to be up yet. She's been pushing herself to get back to full strength. I think she needs a nice early wake up call.” Kagome snickered. Hiei gave a feral smile that actually had Kagome thinking twice.
 
“Hn, what didn't you say so?” he jumped and landed on her window sill. “You might want to get out of the way; this is not going to be pretty.” Kagome gave a giggle before running down stairs. She had to cover her mouth when she reached the living room. She forgot that the others had stayed the night. Yusuke was sprawled on the couch while Kuwabara was upstairs in her brother's room. Kurama was still in the chair he drifted off in last night. Contemplating for a moment she opened her mind enough to send a mind link to Hiei.
 
`Hiei? What are you going to do exactly?' she asked.
 
`Hn. Something I use to do when she was younger.' Sometimes he questioned why he was so open with her. He was only like that with Raven. There was something about her that just got to him.
 
`Will she scream?'
 
`If you are worried about the bakas that are asleep, they won't be for much longer.' Wondering what in the world he could be doing Kagome covered her ears just in case. Not that it made any difference.
 
“HIEI!” Raven's blood curdling scream echoed through the house. Yusuke fell off the couch and hit the table, breaking it. How was she going to explain that to her mother? Kurama jumped out off the chair and she was sure that if he had any feline in him he would have sunk his claws into the ceiling. A black blur suddenly appeared next to her. Hiei shook his head to stop the ringing.
 
“What the fuck is going on?!” Yusuke demanded as he cracked his back. He winced when he looked at the condition of the table. Kurama shook his head and glanced over to Hiei and Kagome. Both were looking at the stair case trying very hard to contain their laughter. It seems that many years ago, Hiei found he had a knack for making temperature of water…drop, almost to the point of it actually freezing. Perhaps the freezing water would have been enough, but somewhere he had a stash of dye…but not just any color…but pink. Kagome knew that Raven loathed the color pink.
 
She stood at the bottom of the stair case, breathing heavily. Pink dyed water dripped from her body while her clothes clung to her body. She had the most heated glare settled on Hiei and it was quickly going over to Kagome as well.
 
“You two are so dead.” She hissed at them. Kagome, knowing when to quit, let out a squeal of fright before bolting. Hiei wasn't stupid either, he also disappeared. Yusuke and Kurama stared at the spots the young miko and their team mate once occupied before glancing at the demoness on the stairs. Now, they wished they hadn't. Her pajamas clung to her like a second skin and the shorts showed off those shapely legs that had Youko purring in the back of Kurama's mind.
 
`You think we could wake up to that more often?' Youko purred as he watched Raven throw her dripping hair out of her face before noticing it had a pink tint to it. She let out a feral growl and bolted after the culprits.
 
`I hate to say this, Youko, but I completely agree.' His agreement caught the kitsune off guard before he regained himself.
 
`I must say, I am rubbing off on you more than I thought.'
 
Kuwabara finally snapped them from pursuing images of Raven in her dripping clothes by coming down stairs and…slipping on the puddles. Yusuke immediately burst out laughing which ensured into a full out brawl.
 
“Where in the hell did you get those?!” he could hear Kagome scream from outside followed by Raven's laughter. All the guys left inside immediately went outside to watch the punishment they knew the culprits had coming. The sight that greeted them was almost too much.
 
Hiei was hiding…yes, hiding in a tree or perhaps he was cornered. A fuming Raven stood beneath the tree with a string of beads in her hand. A quick look around found Kagome covered in the pink stuff as well.
 
“Why Kags, Keade taught me a few things since my miko training was cut short. I have picked up the lovely art of subjugation beads.” Raven smirked. Kagome shivered.
 
“You are so getting it now, Hiei. She's out for blood.” Kagome whispered. Hiei lowered a glare on the miko.
 
“Hn, this was your idea.” He snapped.
 
“Did you have to add the pink dye?” Kagome pouted.
 
“Hai.” He answered before glowering at the woman on the ground beneath him. He didn't like the look she had on her face and he didn't like the pity that Kagome kept sending his way. What the hell? When had he started using her name in his own mind?!
 
“I am going to take pity on you Kags. Come here.” Kagome hesitantly came over to Raven and found her hand clasped within the demoness'. Raven's other hand that held the beads began to glow an oddish red color. Kagome frowned…they weren't supposed to glow that color. The beads suddenly shot at Hiei who had enough since to dodge, not that it did any good. They found their selves wrapped around his neck anyway. He growled.
 
“What is this?” he demanded. Raven's smile turned into the exact feral smile that Hiei had used earlier.
 
“That, Spikey, is your worst nightmare come true.” Raven thoughtfully tapped her chin. “What word…what word?” she looked to Kagome.
 
“Uh, down?” Kagome asked and immediately Hiei plummeted to the ground. Kagome gasped.
 
“Kami! I didn't mean it! I didn't put them on!” Hiei growled, this was beyond plain humiliation.
 
“Uh, it worked.” Raven said thoughtfully. Kagome looked at her.
 
“What do you mean?” she asked.
 
“I was just curious that if I made contact with another miko, if there could be two controllers to the necklace. Guess I was right…poor Spikey.” Raven snickered but was soon bolting across the lawn when Hiei found that he could get up again. Kagome watched Raven dash behind the well house with Hiei hot on her trail. Raven rounded the well…glanced back to still see a very pissed off hybrid…WHAM!
 
Only to hit the well house door as it was flung open. Raven let out a howl of pain that had everyone instantly running. Inu Yasha strode out into the light.
 
“Oy, bitch, what are you doing standing there!” he snapped at her. Raven let out a feral snarl before lunging at the hanyou. Hiei grabbed her and pulled her back before she could cause any damage, even though he was tempted to let her beat the shit out of the hanyou anyway.
 
“Inu Yasha! Sit boy!” Kagome yelled as she was greeted with the sound of a body hitting the ground. “You hurt Raven! And what the hell are you doing here!” Inu Yasha had the sense to lay his ears back on his head.
 
“Feh, we have jewel shards to find!” he got up and stiffened. “Oy, wench, what are all these males doing here!” Kagome sighed and looked to Raven who had a little blood dripping from her nose. She winced, she didn't look to happy about it either.
 
“Puppy” she growled out. Inu Yasha rounded on her.
 
“Don't call me a puppy, bitch!” Raven let out a howl and lunged at the hanyou. He bolted and jumped into the God Tree snarling.
 
“What the hell is your problem?!” he demanded. Raven glared up into the tree before gracefully leaping up. Inu Yasha's eyes widened. Shit, forgot she could do that. Said hanyou was suddenly airborne as he found himself skidding across the ground to land at a pair of black boots. His eyes slowly traveled upward to meet glaring crimson eyes. He jumped up and withdrew his father's fang.
 
“Sit! Leave Hiei alone, Inu Yasha!” Kagome snapped. Inu Yasha grumbled from his place in the ground.
 
“Oy, wench, what's your problem?! That's a youkai!” he snapped.
 
“No shit, Sherlock!” Raven snapped as she wiped the blood from her face. Inu Yasha grunted as she stepped on him. “Excuse me, the shower calls. I will be back momentarily to start breakfast.”
 
“Alright, Raye.” Kagome said as she watched her head into the house. She turned a heated glare on the hanyou at her feet. “You better start explaining, now.
 
“Feh! I don't have to explain anything, wench. We have jewel shards to collect!”
 
“Inu Yasha, you baka! I told you we would be gone for a week. Raven just got back to her full strength and you want to drag her right back? What is going on!” Kagome stomped her foot and headed inside to head to the shower. Inu Yasha got up from the ground and went into the God Tree leaving behind the detectives behind.
 
“So…that was Inu Yasha.” Yusuke scratched his head.
 
“Hn, I don't like the hanyou.” Hiei said before he took off to who knows where.
 
`I agree. I do not like the way the hanyou treats Kagome or the way he calls our soon-to-be mate a bitch.'
 
`Who said anything about a mate?' Kurama demanded of his other half as they headed back inside where the smell of food drifted to their noses.
 
`Of course we would take our little kitten as our mate. Do you think I would allow some dog to take her from me?' Youko stuck his nose in the air. Kurama rolled his eyes and stopped just inside the kitchen. Raven stood near the stove wearing a short denim skirt and a white tank top with a button up green shirt left open. Her long dark hair was pulled up in a high pony tail and then braided.
 
“Hiei left?” she asked while never taking her eyes of the cooking food.
 
“Yes, I don't think he likes Inu Yasha too well.” Kurama replied. A slight `feh' was heard near the table where said hanyou sat. Raven turned a glare of her own on the hanyou who had enough shame to dunk down in his chair. “Do you need some help?”
 
“Please.” Raven smiled at him and he felt his heart drop.
 
`Perhaps we need a girlfriend.' Kurama whispered to his other half. Youko purred and wrapped himself around their intertwined souls.
 
`I knew you would see things my way, Red.'
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
 
Kagome let out a grumbled after she finished brushing her hair. Oh, she should have `sat' that hanyou until his back broke! She should have taken Kaede's advice and put a temporary sealing spell on the well. She walked over to the window and opened it.
 
“So, what do you think of Inu Yasha?” she leaned over and put her head on her hands. Hiei looked over at her and narrowed his eyes. “He's really not that bad. He's just…overprotective I suppose. Over the years, I guess he's become sort of an overprotective brother.” Hiei didn't say anything but she really didn't expect him to. She took a sniff of the air and felt her mouth water. Breakfast sounded divine right now. “Are you coming?”
 
“Hn.” He jumped from the tree and landed in the middle of her bedroom. She gave him one of her radiant smiles and headed downstairs.
 
The sight that greeted them was Inu Yasha and Yusuke, glaring at each other from across the kitchen table. Kuwabara was playing with Buyo and Raven was cooking. Kurama was alternating between helping her and zoning out, a sure sign that he was talking to Youko. Finally Raven announced it was done and everyone settled down to their breakfast.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
 
“Kick his ass, Raye!” Kagome shouted.
 
“Kags! Since when do you cuss?” Yusuke demanded thought silently siding with her on this one. Kagome crossed her arms.
 
“You try traveling with Inu Yasha for so long and you pick up his bad mouth. Besides, its not everyday that you can get Inu Yasha to spar with Raven.”
 
“Hn, you threatened him.” Hiei smirked as he appeared next to her. Kagome smiled at him.
 
“Of course, I learned from the best!” She winced when Inu Yasha landed face first on the ground. Raven stood above him, in her demon form, looking very smug.
 
“Hey, Puppy!” she snapped. She leaned over and glared at him. She slowly reached out and tweaked his ears. Inu Yasha snapped up.
 
“Oy, bitch. What was that for!” he demanded. Raven looked shy.
 
“That's been killing me forever!” she laughed softly.
 
“Feh, you talk about rubbing off on Kags, but she's rubbing off on you!” he laughed as he pointed at her. Raven pouted.
 
“What in the world is he talking about?” Yusuke looked over at Kagome who scratched the back of her head nervously.
 
“It's not what you think.” She waved her hands before her, “I have a weakness with tails and fuzzy ears. I guess Raye picked it up!”
 
“Feh!” Raven answered with an Inu Yasha like response, “I have a tail…it's just the ears.” She looked longingly at Inu Yasha who had enough sense to get into a tree.
 
`I'll show her ears.' Youko purred within Kurama's mind.
 
`Not now, Youko.' Kurama answered.
 
`What? She has a thing for ears, we have fuzzy ears! And, if I may add…ours are a lot cuter.'
 
`Hn, since when do you refer to yourself as `cute'?'
 
`Don't encourage him, Hiei.'
 
`What has he been up to?' they could feel his glare upon the back of their necks.
 
`We are discussing the delicate task it will be to take Raven as our mate.' A growl echoed through their mind.
 
`Leave her alone.' Was all he answered before he left them to their own ponderings.
 
`Youko, we are going to have to be careful on this. I don't think Hiei is going to like us trying to court Raven.'
 
`He has no say in the matter, Red. She is a free female…no claim. We can do what we want.' Youko answered smugly.
 
`Did you ever think that he might be trying to protect her?'
 
`No need, we will protect what is ours.'
 
“When do you want to head back, Raye?” Kagome asked. Raven looked over at her before making her blades disappear. Her face took on a thoughtful look as her tail twitched.
 
“Feh! We leave now, wench!” Inu Yasha jumped down in front of her. Kagome stumbled back and into Hiei who growled at the hanyou.
 
“Sit boy!” WHAM “We have to give the guys time to get their things together!”
 
“They aren't coming!”
 
“Yes, they are!”
 
“Like hell they are, wench!”
 
“Sit!” WHAM
 
“What was that for!”
 
“Stop being difficult!”
 
“Feh!”
 
“Sit!” WHAM
 
“What was that for!”
 
“I know what you wanted to say! Sit!” WHAM
 
“Inu Yasha, would you just shut up already?” Raven looked down into the hole known as Inu Yasha.
 
“Feh!” he answered.
 
“They have to come with us, Prince Koenma told us so.” Kagome looked over the edge of the crater.
 
“We don't need anymore weaklings!” he snapped at her.
 
“Sit! They are not weak! Hiei trained Raven himself!” Kagome yelled.
 
“WHAT?!”
 
“Oh boy.” Raven said as she backed away from the crater. “You've done it now, Kags.”
 
“I forgot!” Kagome pouted. A clawed hand gripped the dirt before Inu Yasha climbed from his hole.
 
“You're telling me…” Inu Yasha grounded out as he advanced on Raven. “That the hybrid…” Raven backed away slowly and into Kurama. She glanced up and pouted.
 
“Don't call Hiei that, Inu Yasha!” Kagome snapped. Inu Yasha growled before he grabbed Raven who let out a startled squeak.
 
“He is the one who killed you?” he demanded in a harsh whisper. Raven grabbed his wrists but he wouldn't let go.
 
“I told you, I asked it.” Raven grounded out at him, baring her fangs at being cornered.
 
“Feh!” Inu Yasha released her and she fell back into Kurama's waiting arms. She immediately stiffened and jumped right back out of them. She snarled at him and Kurama slowly backed away, his green eyes flashing to gold.
 
“Inu Yasha,” Kagome said softly and placed her hand on his sleeve, “We will return tomorrow morning, I promise. Please, go on ahead.” He glanced down at his best friend and his face softened.
 
“Alright, Kagome.” He leapt to the well and disappeared in a blue flash. Raven growled and ripped open a portal to Makai and disappeared into it. Kagome glanced at Hiei who nodded and followed her.
 
“What the hell just happened?” Yusuke demanded.
 
“I think you guys better head home and pack. You might want to bring a couple changes of clothes and anything else you think you will need. Meet back here early tomorrow.” Kagome said before heading back inside.
 
`What the hell did we do?' Youko demanded.
 
`I think, Youko, with Inu Yasha demanding things of Raven and having her cornered scared her. She was also surrounded by males; don't you remember what Kagome told us?'
 
`Hai, Red. I do now. This is not going to be easy.'
 
`She's been hurt, very bad Youko. Who knows how long it took her to just act some what normal around other guys. That's why Hiei warned us off; I bet he knew that's how she would react.'
 
`I am not giving up, Red. She's perfect.'
 
`I had a feeling you wouldn't.'Kurama answered as he too headed home. He just hoped that Hiei would be able to do something to help Raven. She had already been through so much.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
 
AN:
Well, that's it for now. I have been chasing my muse around for a while and its still being difficult. Memo to self: stop playing hide and seek with muse! Anyway, feel free to give suggestions. Thanks to all who reviewed, I really appreciate your input. Until next time, TA! ~EvilLilVixen