InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome vs. the Modern Era ❯ Meeting the Boys ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome stepped out of the shower, her mind set on dissecting the mystery behind the Spirit Detectives. She would be meeting with Keiko and her boyfriend’s team in just an hour.

‘What to wear? Let’s see. Sakura’s on Seventh? Leave it to Keiko to pick the hottest restaurant downtown for introductions,’ mused Kagome as she sought out her clothing choices. After drying her long, dark blue/black hair into its normal, unruly waves, she applied the faintest amount of make-up. She never was quite fond of the stuff. The reason for that was of course, Inuyasha’s nose. He had also told her that polluting her face with all that junk was completely unnecessary and hindered her natural beauty anyways. Eyeliner, however, was never left off Kagome’s face. She loves the way it pops out her electric blue eyes, in which she inherited from her father, making them her most loved feature about herself.

Pulling on a pair of dark, skinny jeans, Kagome can’t help but think of how much her style has changed since she fell down the well. No more a modest, innocent child, but a confident, powerful, and sexy woman, Kagome knew how to dress so that all her curves were shown off. She decided to pair the skinny jeans with a purple cap-sleeve babydoll shirt that hit just below hip level and a black pearl necklace that hung below her breasts. Slipping into her black, point-toe heels, she sauntered to the doorway, grabbing her silver clutch purse from the stand by the door. She exited the apartment, locking it securely, and headed for the elevator. When she got off on the first floor lobby, she threw a wink and a wave to old man Makoto, her building supervisor, and strolled through the front double-doors onto the street of Tokyo.

Luckily for her, Sakura’s on Seventh was only two blocks away, not that she even needed directions to follow the powerful youki resonating from the downtown hotspot. ‘So, they are as strong as Keiko said.’ As she neared the front doors of the restaurant, Kagome couldn’t help but wonder about them. ‘The feel of their youki isn’t malevolent, which is expected since they work for the Rekai. I can tell that little firecracker is getting agitated, however.’ As Kagome entered the building, three sets of eyes immediately snapped to her. The three youkai, or part youkai at least, felt an immense pull of unadulterated purity from the young woman who had just set foot in the restaurant.

Kagome could not help but smirk.

“Kago-chan! You’re here finally! You only live two blocks away. Don’t tell me you got lost. I’d actually believe that since your sense of direction is completely whacked” greeted Keiko, as she clung to a slightly scowling young man. ‘So, this is Yusuke. I can tell I’m going to like him already. He reminds me of Inuyasha with that scowl.’

“My apologies Keiko-chan. And as for my sense of direction, I wasn’t the one who had us lost just last week when we drove to Kyoto to visit Mama. You are no longer allowed behind the wheel of my car until you learn the meaning of ‘left’ and ‘right’,” joked Kagome as she hugged Keiko.

“She’s got you on that, Keiko. Hey, I’m Yusuke Urameshi. You’ve gotta be this Kagome that she’s always been talking about,” explained Yusuke, his gruff voice almost nostalgic to Kagome.

“Hai, guilty as charged. I’ve heard much about you and your friends, as well,” Kagome paused because she suddenly felt a nudge at her mind. ‘Get out, Hiei. I will explain myself in due time.’ She swore she heard a distinct ‘Hn’ before Hiei pulled back his jagan. Kagome sent a glare his way, in which he fully returned.

“I am the Great Kazuma Kuwabara. Got a boyfriend? You’re awfully pretty to be walking here on your own,” yelled the tall, goofy orange top. ‘Oh, man. What a baka,’ thought Kagome.

“No boyfriend. Don’t worry, I have all the protection I need,” Kagome replied with the same smirk as before on her face. Turning to Hiei she spouted, “You won’t be warned next time you try to invade my mind, firecracker.” Hiei said nothing but continued to fiercely glare her down. Kagome felt a shudder run through her entire body as her eyes made contact with the final member of the team, Kurama.

‘He’s prodding my miko aura. A little arrogant on his part, isn’t it? Wow, Keiko was right. He’s quite handsome and has the most capturing green eyes. Oh, Kami, and he’s a kitsune! A very old, powerful kitsune, or at least partly. I’ve never felt a youki like this before. Somewhat human, somewhat youki, yet not hanyou. Interesting.’ With that she clucked her tongue as he opened his mouth to speak.

“Hello, miss. Please excuse, Hiei. He is quite curious, as am I, about your aura of powerful, pure ki. I am Shuichi Minnamino; however, you may call me, Kurama, as I am sure you are already aware. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Higurashi-san,” the deep, smooth timbre of his voice poured out. ‘She is beautiful and powerful. It’s been many centuries since I’ve seen a miko. Look at those curves, too. Lovely,’ Kurama purred in his mind. Of course, the more Youko side of him wanted to drag her to the restroom and fuck her senseless.

“Curious about me? I’m rather curious of your group as well, Kurama. As for Hiei, I don’t appreciate having my mind poked at without permission,” she said as she stuck her tongue out at Hiei, who only narrowed his eyes. “Anyhow, the pleasure is all mine, and please, call me Kagome,” she said as she shook his hand. The minute they touched little sparks ignited and tingled Kagome’s hand, causing Kagome to let out a nearly silent gasp. The only one who seemed to notice (and smirk inwardly) was Keiko. Reluctantly, Kagome slowly pulled her hand out of his grasp, skimming along his fingers, as he pulled out the chair next to him for her to sit in. Green never left blue until Keiko’s voice snapped them both out of the trance.

“So, Kago, these are the boys! I’m so glad you could all meet each other. Kagome’s been living in Tokyo for more than a year now. Basically ever since you three went to train in the Makai. As I told Yusuke earlier, she knows of the Spirit Detectives, Makai, Rekai, and all that stuff,” at this Keiko paused to look at each of the guys and continued, “I didn’t tell her any personal details, just the gist of being a detective. It honestly just slipped out after she told me that–“

“Keiko-chan! I’m sure they forgive you,” Kagome chimed in before Keiko could say anything about the Shikon no Tama and her Feudal family.

Kurama sensed something was amiss. ‘This Kagome is hiding something. She let us know she was a miko without even speaking; however, she didn’t want Keiko to expose her past. Very interesting, my little vixen. Perhaps she would tell me on a one-on-one level. Her scent is remarkable. I’ve never been this attracted to a human female, or any female for that matter. I must know more about her. Physically, and what’s going on behind those gorgeous blue eyes,’ vowed Kurama to himself. So distracted with his thoughts was Kurama that he missed the nudging on his mind from Hiei.

‘Problems keeping it in your pants, fox?’ remarked the hybrid.

‘Honestly, Hiei, you really should ask before you prod. That or find yourself at the mercy of my delicious little miko,’ replied Kurama to Hiei’s taunt.

‘We’ll see about that, Kurama. You presume too much of the onna,’ said Hiei bitterly, ‘We have yet to see just what she is capable of.’

‘Tread carefully, Hiei. Do you not sense the power of her miko aura? Her pure ki is the strongest I have ever felt. I definitely look forward to discovering more about Kagome Higurashi.’

Hiei answered, ‘Careful fox, or you’re the one that will be burnt.’ With that, he shut off the link with Kurama.

Kurama just rolled his eyes and tuned back into the conversation between Kagome and Keiko.

“…and then she threw her Kamikaze in the poor guy’s face and knocked him out with her fist. Needless to say, Kago-chan has never been groped in Club Chaos ever again! Then again, she has had experience with wandering hands. Miroku sounded like someone I wouldn’t want to be left alone with, even though he is a Buddhist monk…” continued Keiko. Kurama did not miss the brief twinge of sadness in Kagome’s aura when this Miroku was mentioned. ‘A former lover, maybe?’ Kurama was surprised with the wave of jealousy that suddenly hit him. He was interrupted by the placement of a delicate hand on his thigh.

Kurama turned to once again come in eye contact with that captivating, electric blue.

Kagome leaned over and whispered in his ear, “I want to know more about you, Kurama. Perhaps we can go out sometime?”

“I think that is most acceptable, Kagome. Would you care if I walked you home this evening?” responded Kurama, gently breathing air into the shell of her ear, making Kagome shiver.

“Of course you may, Kurama,” Kagome rolled his name off the tip of her tongue, “that is a wonderful idea.”

Both returned their attentions to Keiko, Yusuke, and Kuwabara’s conversation; however Kagome’s hand remained on Kurama’s thigh.

After dinner and several glasses of wine, Keiko hugged Kagome goodbye and whispered in her ear, “Told you he was gorgeous. I want details tomorrow!” to which Kagome did lightly blush. She blushed, not because of the implications, but because of the kitsune ears that were within hearing range and the very sexy smirk on the very sexy lips of the owner of said kitsune ears.

“Ready, Ka-go-me?” drawled Kurama as he took her hand in his and headed for the door.

Kagome felt a wave a heat rush through her as she replied with a suggestive wink, “For you, kitsune? I think I can manage.”

Keiko giggled as the pair disappeared around the corner of the Tokyo hotspot somewhat hurriedly. ‘I knew those two would hit it off. Sparks are flying tonight! Thank me later, Kago-chan!’