InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ Memories ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Overcome All Odds

Chapter 3. Memories


"Hiei?" Daka asked as he came out of the woods and into the clearing then sat next to Iyudaka by the lake.

"What?" He answered gruffly but his tone was softer then usual.

"Would you tell some one I was your girlfriend if they asked?" Iyudaka asked innocently.

Hiei sat there and thought a minuet then nodded. Daka gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek. "I want to know about your family. . . and your past." Hiei said in a quiet voice.

Iyudaka sat and thought. She wanted Hiei to know about her just not her past. It was too painful at times. "Alright," She said slowly. "But only if you tell me about you tomorrow." Hiei nodded in agreement and she began her story.

"My father died when I was real little. Like two or three. He was The Great Dog Demon of The West." Iyudaka said proudly.

"Oh I didn't know you were of royalty." Hiei was surprised. He had heard of the dog demon's son Sesshomaru but he didn't know he had a daughter.

"Yup, I have two older brothers. Sesshomaru, he's my half brother before my Father met my Mother, and Inuyasha. A few years after my Father died, Mother, Inu-chan, and I were attacked by the local villagers. See my mother was human and they said my she was a traitor and that she was cruel for raising half breeds. The villagers burned down our house and killed my Mother. I was only about 3. I almost died myself." Iyudaka looked down, saddened by the memory.

"Iyu, I . . . I'm sorry." Hiei said apologetically. This girl really was getting into his cold hard heart.

"It's ok. The only thing was Inuyasha, who was about 8, didn't know I had survived. He thought that I had died. So I can officially say I was raised by wolves." Iyudaka said with a smile.

"What?" Hiei said chuckling.

"It's not funny! It's true!” She glared at the black haired fire demon. "My father had two forest wolf gods that were very loyal to him. They protected me and raised me like their own after Mother died. They're like my god parents. Papa told them if anything happened to him to protect the rest of the family. Nukka is black with these gold eyes. He has such an attitude. He never thinks before he acts. And Damah, she's white with blue eyes. She's very pretty and very smart. She always gets the better of Nukka. It's quite funny." Daka said giggling as she remembered their antics.

"What about your brother… Inuyasha?” Hiei was very curious now

"Well Inuyasha once had this girlfriend.” Iyudaka began with another part of her past. “A priestess, I hated her. So many times I could have told Inuyasha I was still alive but she had to intervene." Daka clinched her fist and envisioned them pounding Kikyo's face in.

"So you kept an eye on him?" Hiei raised an eyebrow in question.

"Damah and Nukka had strict orders to watch over both Inuyasha and me. I don't really know the whole story but this Naraku guy tricked my brother and Kikyo. Inu-chan wanted the sacred jewel so he could become human and 'live happily ever after with Kikyo'." Daka said with sarcasm. "Kikyo was the protector of the jewel so the plan was she was going to give it to Inuyasha. Naraku tricked Kikyo into thinking he was Inuyasha and killed her. But before she died to get revenge she bound Inuyasha to a tree with a sacred arrow.

"A few years back the same Naraku guy, who tricked Inuyasha, tricked me. I was under his power and made me almost kill Inuyasha. I went crazy on him. But he under stood. He talked to me, apologized to me, made me realize what I was doing was stupid. As you can see I'm sane now though."

"Are you?" Hiei couldn't resist the opportunity to get her flustered again. She was so cute when she was mad.

"Yes!" Daka huffed and playfully hit Hiei in the arm. The two of them laughed together. "But you can see why Inu-chan is a little over protective."

"A little? It sounds like this guy is over bearing!" Hiei wasn't sure he'd actually like her brother. It sounded like he never let her think for herself.

"Naw, you get use to it. You'll just have to get to know him to understand him. Every woman he has ever met has left him. That's why he's so protective of his new, kind, girlfriend Kagome and me." There was silence for a while until Hiei broke it.

"Iyu?" Hiei said quietly.

"Yes?" Iyudaka barely got to respond as Hiei got close to her and placed his lips on hers.

"Hiei, you're the first guy who's ever kissed me like that. I . . ." But before Iyudaka could say another word Hiei kissed her again passionately. Hiei then slid his tongue over Iyudaka's lips as if to ask permission in. She opened her mouth and Hiei slid his tongue in. They didn't notice but the sun was raising and some one was watching them with a sneer.