InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Love can Overcome all Odds ❯ The Infamous Koga ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Can Overcome All Odds
Chapter 8. The Infamous Koga
"Good night Rayvie." Daka said to her little girl and kissed her on the forehead. "I'll see you in the morning."
"Good night Mamma. Mamma?" The little 3 year old Rayven asked before he mother shut the door to her room.
"Yes Ray?"
"Is Papa coming home?" Rayven asked in a sad voice.
"Honey, I wish I knew." Iyudaka sighed and slowly closed the door.
"I want my Papa!" Rayven then began to cry. Iyudaka just but her back against the door and slid to her knees not knowing what to do anymore. How could Hiei just leave them like this time and time again?
888
When Rayven finally cried herself to sleep. Iyudaka laid in bed thinking. Hiei where are you?

Right here. Hiei telepathically said back to her.
Iyudaka jumped from the bed and looked toward the window where Hiei stood. "Hiei don't surprise me like that!" Iyudaka yelled in a whisper. "And where have you been!"
"Thinking." Hiei said in a calm whisper.
"About what?" Iyudaka said in an aggravated sigh.
"About you, and Rayvie, and me, what I should do." Hiei said slowly.
"What do you mean?" Iyudaka looked at him quizzically.
"I love you both very much. Don't get me wrong. But I guess . . . I guess I just wasn't ready for all this." Hiei sighed and sat on the bed.
"Well you should have thought of that before you got me pregnant!" Iyudaka said a little too loud and immediately put her hands over her mouth.
Hiei chuckled a bit. “It takes two to tango you know. Although you certainly do have a good reason to yell."
"I do! I mean of course I do!" Iyudaka said then softened her features. "Why Hiei? Why do you always leave us?" Iyudaka fell to the floor and began to weep. Hiei went to her and held her close.
"I don't know, Iyu. I just . . . I really do love you." Hiei trailed off.
"I love you too Hiei." Iyudaka said through her tears. Hiei held her close and let Daka cry herself to sleep.
888 Months Later 888
"Mamma, I want Papa!" Rayven stated one day out of the blue.
"Yes Ray I know." Daka said in a bored tone. She had heard that a lot lately. Just then the door bell rang. "Honey will you get that please?" She asked her dark haired daughter while she made dinner.
"Yes Mamma." Rayven went to the door and opened it. "Oh it's you." Rayven spat.
"Hey there squirt." Koga said to Ray as he walked in like he owned the place.
I hateit when he calls me squirt. Rayven screamed in her head.
"Hey Babe." Koga said as he strolled into the kitchen to Daka's side.
I hateit when he calls me babe. Iyudaka rolled her eyes and then said cheerfully. "Hey Koga. Come for dinner?"
"Yeah, whatcha got?"
"Ramen, Red elk, and mushrooms." Iyudaka answered the egotistical wolf.
"Yuk!" Rayven said and scrunched up her face.
"Yum, mushrooms are good for you squirt." Koga said and ruffled her hair.
"What eber." Rayven mumbled and glared at him.
888
"Mamma may I leave now?" Rayven asked politely after she had eaten her fill.
"Alright Ray . . ." Daka smiled and Rayven hopped off her chair.
"Hold on squirt, you haven't eaten your mushrooms." Koga pointed to the little girl's plate.
"Koga's right. Ray why don't you eat a few and then you can go."
Rayven pouted. Papa neber made me do anything I didn't wanna.
888
Rayven laid in bed listening to her mom and Koga talking. I don't care. I don't like that mean ol' woof Koga. I want my Papa. Rayven yawned. She couldn't sleep. So Rayven walked down stairs to get a glass of water. She walked to the living room to ask her mom to get her a glass. But what Rayven saw she was not expecting . . . Iyudaka and Koga Kissing on the coach. Rayven's eyes filled with tears.
Mamma no! What about Papa! "NOOO!" Rayven screamed and ran out crying.
"Rayven wait! Rayven . . .!" Iyudaka called as her daughter ran up to her room crying.
"Just give her some time Iyu. Give her some time." Koga said calmly.