InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Past Meets Present ❯ Hiei's Mom ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone I'm taking over this story Fiery Lies. I have made a few changes. So…enjoy.

~~~~~
I was running some kids were throwing rocks, dirt, and any object they could
have in their hand just to throw at the forbidden child. I was seven at the time. I tried to keep myself from crying, but I could not stop myself. I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me. I had to wipe my tears just to see, but I accidentally tripped over a root. I scraped myself really hard, and they kept throwing things. It hurts so much. I did not belong anywhere.
"Stop this at once!" I heard someone say. They all stopped and looked towards where the voice came. I looked at the one who said that. It was a priestess. Her eyes stormed with anger at the children who threw these things at me.
"But Lady Kagome…"
"No, buts do you hear me!"
"But he is a forbidden child!" They all nodded with the person who said that.
"So, what's the point? So, what if he is a forbidden child? So, what if he's someone who is half-fire, half-ice apparition?! It does not give you the right to throw things at him. Why!? Do you want to be the one to have rocks thrown at you?" They all shook their heads. (A/n: To tell you how many, there is seven children.)
"Now, apologize to him." She commanded. They all stared wide-eyed at her.
"There is no way I'm going to apologize to him!" One of them yelled.
"Yeah!" The rest agreed with him.
"Very well then, I will inform your parents on what you have done. They will give you your punishment." All of the children gulped at that, except for one.
"My parents do not care about this. They hate demons, and they would gladly let me beat him up." He said, while pointing to me.
The priestess raised an amused eyebrow. "Then, you and your family do not belong in my village. I welcome all. demons, half demons, or humans, it does not matter to me. The inside counts not the outside not what they are. So, if you and your family do not like how I run this village, you should pack up and leave to the next village that only accepts humans."
"Uh-umm..." He began to stutter.
"If you have nothing to say for your defense, you might as well apologize to him.
All of you." She looked at each child. They apologized to me and scurried off to the village.
She looked at me, smiling. She carefully walked towards me and kneeled. She stuck her hand out, and I took it.
"What is your name?" She asked in a gentle voice.
"I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours." I said a bit harsh. Her smile went almost down to a frown.
"Well, I am Kagome Higurashi."
"I'm..." I hesitated. "Hiei, and I am sorry for being harsh." She smiled at me and gave a hug. I tensed, and she seemed to notice because she stopped.
"Well, Hiei, would you like to come with me and stay at my village?" I nodded and left with her.

From then on, I was happy. It turns out she had adopted a kit as well. Shippo was his name. He fought like brothers should. In fact, Kagome became like a mother to me. I remember when I asked her if I could call her that.

FLASHBACK

After two months, I had been living with Kagome. I felt so safe being near her.
She always protected me, and I wanted to repay her back. I did not know how though.
She had left a while ago to get some water, and I just sat waiting for her. Kagome came
back with the water.
"Well, Hiei, I'm going to bed now. If you want water, the water is right over
there." She said while pointing to the bucket. I nodded.
"Kagome, can I call you momma?" asked I, slightly embarrassed.
"Sure, Hiei, and you'll be my lil' firefly."

I was happy with her. Well…until that day….

"Hiei?"

Hiei opened his blood red eyes. He recognized his friend Kurama instantly.

"What do you want Fox?" Hiei practically growled.

"Koenma detected some strange energies at a shrine and is having us check it out."

"Alright." Hiei grumbled.
~~~~~~~~~

"What are we doing today Momma?" asked Shippo.

"Well, I have to go back home."

"Can we go?" asked a seven year old Hiei.

"Sure Lil' Firefly." Kagome said smiling.

Kagome ruffled his hair and led him and Shippo to the well.