InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Past Meets Present ❯ Meet the Thieves ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for reviewing everyone. To answer a few questions: I know Inuyasha and Kagome are the only ones suppose to be able to go through the well but this is a fanfic and anything can happen.

**********

Kagome jumped out of the well with the Spirit Detectives in tow. Immediately, she headed for the village, watching as the kit and the mixed breed frolicked among the trees.

"Kaede!" They both shouted jubilantly as they hugged the old priestess.

"Hello, and how are ye child?" she asked turning to Kagome.

"Fine Kaede. I brought some friends to help us out with these thieves I have been hearing about so much."

"Bless the Gods. There is already enough child with the village. Yon village will be unable to operate if we are hit by thieves."

"We'll get them Kaede." Kagome said, giving Kaede a smile.

"I know ye will child."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Kagome sighed, her bow strapped to her back. The sun was setting and there was no sign of the thieves.

"Demons!!!" The scream rang out.

"Spoke to soon." she mumbled.

Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku rushed to where she was standing. The Spirit Detectives, against their wishes, were standing away from the four. Inuyasha had adamantly refused their help.

Kagome's head snapped around when Inuyasha was knocked to the ground by a black blur before it disappeared into the woods.

"Where'd it go?" asked Inuyasha. "Dammit. Kagome! Can you sense any jewel shards?"

"No."

"Mama!!!!!"

"The children! Miroku! I told you to grab the children!" Kagome hissed.

"I was getting my extra wards! So I told Sango."

"I forgot Kagome! I am so sorry!"

Kagome growled in her throat before running off after the scream, everyone else following, including the Spirit Detectives.

When she got there, a smirking bat demon held a child in each hand.

Glaring Kagome Pulled out her bow and an hour. "Drop them."

"These demons belong to you? A mere human." he answered.

"Yes. They are my adopted children and I love them as much as I would any children born from my body."

"Admirable." he said smiling. He instantly let go of the boys' shirts and watched as they scurried back to the women. They hugged her legs before she pushed them behind her. "Who are you?" he asked pleasantly.

"Kagome." she answered promptly.

"Ah. I M'lady am Kurunoe. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"I wish I could say the same." she muttered.

"Take the boys back to the hut Kagome. We got this." said Inuyasha, finally getting there.

Kagome wondered how she had got there before him but thought about one of Shakespeare's famous quotes: 'Hell hath no fury like a woman's wrath.' Or something like that.

"Ok, thanks."

Kagome dropped her bow and quiver and picked up the boys, intent on running only to be snagged by a vine. She looked at it annoyed for the delay before she realized that it should not have been able to wrap around her wrist. She turned around to face the group, to call out a warning, only to find someone blocked her path. Someone with long silver hair, ears, a tail, and to top it all off, he was a fox demon. She whimpered in her throat. All of her weaknesses wrapped into one.

"Where do you think you are going?" he asked with a smirk.

Kagome scratched her head with a sheepish smile before pointing towards the village. "Erm…that way?"

The fox demon smiled before shaking his head.

"Sorry lovely but that's the wrong answer."

Kagome swallowed nervously. "Who are you?"

"I? I am Youko Kurama."

Kagome looked at Kurama. "Kurama…."

Kurama's eyes widened.

Hiei looked over wondering what the hold up was before his eyes widened. "Oh shit."

~~~~~~~~~

^_^ Night of the Raven