InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Life ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: so, so, sorry I haven't updated in soooo long! But my laptop was broke and I had all my stories on there. Only recently have I been able to retrieve those files. My mom's being awesomer then usual and allowing me touse her computer!
Anyway, I've revised this chapterand the next! My plan is to revise the rest of this story... wish is really close to being done and then continue on with the updating the chapters. So, don't be afraid to give me a shout if you think I'mslacken... I'll let you in on a little secret! I hate revising so usually I give my stories to my friends to fix and they end of keeping them and not correcting them but falling in love with them... so yeah... most of my paper copies get stolen... hehehehe
So... on with the revised... and in my opinion better story! Please review and tell me your opinion!
Chapter 7
 
Kagome stood in front of the strange group, wait for someone to answer her question. Watching as they passed looks between them, she growled in annoyance. “I despise repeating my self. Now, tell me who are you and what you are doing in my den?” Glaring at each in turn, another growl of impatience passed through her throat when silence greeted her. “Damn it! What are you, a bunch of idiots?” Snarling, she allowed the temperature to rise to uncomfortable three digit numbers as her annoyance grew.
 
“Please, miss, perhaps we should wait for Hiei to be through with his business before we discuss anything with you.” As soon as those words left his mouth, Kurama knew that he had said the wrong thing. “I didn't mean-”
 
“This is my den and I don't give a rats' ass if Hiei is here or not. I want answers and I want them now and let me warn you now, if you think Hiei's impatient, then you're in for a rude awakening.” With narrowed eyes and her youki wiping wildly around her, she once more waited for her answers. “My answers?”
 
“This is just great fox boy, you just had to go and piss her off.” Yusuke mumbled under his breathe as he stepped in front of Kurama. “Listen lady. I don't give a shit if you say this is your den or not, because Hiei told us not to talk to you unless he was here. So if you want to be pissed at some one, go be pissed at him!” Silence followed his declaration, as everyone either looked taken aback or stunned.
 
“You do realize that he's lying, don't you Kagome?” Another voice entered the conversation.
 
Kagome didn't even bother to glance behind her as an arm was slipped over her shoulders. “I know this Miroku. I'm just slightly surprised at the way he just out right said it. The funny thing is if I didn't know Hiei, I'd probably believe him.” Finally, she glanced at the violet-eyed fire demon. “Actually, I believe it was almost as good as one of your lies.”
 
“My dear leader, I haven't the slightest idea of what you speak of. I am nothing but a humble demon trying to make an honest living in a not so honest world.” Giving her an all too innocent smile, he dropped his arm from her shoulders.
 
“If you want to keep those hands of yours', you will remove them from my person immediately.” Growling, she turned her glare on the man that stood behind her. “Now, if you would be so kind, go watch the children.” She watched as he backed away holding his hands up in a surrender, she smirked cockily. It was good to know that she still held the respect of her fellow clan mates even after being gone for 10 years.
 
“As you wish, my dear leader.” Quickly he slipped out of the den, leaving to do what was asked of him.
 
“Why did he just call you `leader'?” Kuwabara questioned as he watched the other man leave with confusion. “And who is he?”
 
“Answer my question and perhaps I'll answer a few of yours.” She was actually glad that Miroku had distracted her from the trio in front of her. The distraction had forced her to forget her anger and helped her to think clearer. “You answer one of mine and I'll answer one of yours?”
 
“OK. Why are those two fighting?” Yusuke gestured towards the fighting duo.
 
Kagome smirked, a simple question. “I believe that Sango has things that need settling and she's taking her problems up with Hiei.”
 
“What problems?”
 
“No. I believe the floor is mine?” Giving them a look, she thought carefully. “What are you doing on my territory?”
 
“Hey, I thought we were in Shorty's territory?” Kuwabara glanced at Kurama, who merely gave a small shrug.
 
“We are here to figure out why there are so many demons are gathering at the beach and why they attacked this territory.” Kurama answered carefully, yet smoothly.
 
Kagome eyed them carefully before nodding her head in acceptance. “It would be wonderful to know the reasons behind a gathering such as the one taking place, but alas, we don't. Now ask your question.”
 
Kurama shot both Kuwabara and Yusuke glares as they started to say things. He didn't want them screwing anything up by opening their mouths. He wanted to break or prove his theory now, while he had a chance. “Who is Souta's father?” He had to hide his smirk behind a polite hand as he watched Kagome's eyes with uncertain flash switching to a guarded look.
 
“I fail to see how that ties into why you're here.” Glaring at the redhead, an uneasy silence enveloped the area. However, it was shattered when Kagome found herself in a bone-crashing hug.
 
“Damn it Kagome! We were so worried about! I thought you were dead! And then the bastard ups and leaves like he did!”
 
“Ribs… Air…” Groaning, she held her cracked ribs carefully once Sango had relinquished her grip. “Thanks.” Coughing painfully, she sat where she was.
 
“Oh! I'm sorry, I completely forgot about your wounds!” She knelt next to other woman. “Last night, when Miroku and I found you being attacked, I didn't think that you had been seriously injured. I was going to come back for you, but after we led those boys away from you, we found our selves fighting them and then before I knew it, it was dark.”
 
“It's nothing too serious Sango. Just a few cracked ribs and some scratches, nothing that I can't handle.” Hoping to reassure her over-protective sister figure, she sat down and stretched out on her back. “Anyway, I see you finally got the son you wanted. He's gorgeous and he has your eyes.” She watched as Sango's eyes lit up with pride and a fond smile graced her lips.
 
“Yes, he's one of a kind, that one.” Before anymore could be said, two shout of “Mamma!” could be heard as the two boys appeared in the entered the den. Immediately, Hideaki jumped into his own mother's arms while Souta, with much more tenderness, mimicked the other boy's action. No sooner had the boys snuggled into the safety of their respective mothers' arms, did the two adult males enter. Looks passed between all the grown fire demons that silenced the giggling youths.
 
Hiei turned his gaze to Kurama. “I believe that it is time for you to leave.”
 
“Hiei, you know that we can't do that. At least not until we figure out why all these demons are gathering.” Kurama stepped up so that he stood between the fire demons and his human teammates. “We have an agreement with Koenma, Hiei. My sentence is tied to yours and yours to mine.”
 
“Do you remember when I told you that `things will come to pass, and no one will be able to stop them?” As he spoke, Hiei removed his communicator from his pocket and held it in his hand. “Well, fox, this just happens to be one of these things.” The communicator that had been resting in his hand went up in flames and within seconds the only thing that remained of the device was dust. “Consider my contracted cancelled.”
 
Kurama watched as Hiei turned his back on him and, by some unseen cue; the others rose to their feet and began fading into the shadows. “Hiei, why do this? Why now?”
 
“Hn. That should be obvious.” Hiei looked over his shoulder. “A warning. Leave. That is unless you wish to parish.” Then he too was gone.
 
“What the hell was that about Kurama?” Yusuke demanded.
 
An ominous smile graced Kurama's lips as he ran his fingers through his hair. “We just cross paths with a family of fire demons. A clan that has been separated for a least 10 years; we saw them reunite and become one the more deadlier types of pack demons that thrive within Makai.”
 
“What do you mean?” Kuwabara looked back at the spot where the demons had disappeared.
 
Kurama scoffed before answering his teammate's question. “I mean that Hiei was never anti-social, but merely grieving. Souta was his son and Kagome, his mate, and together he and her were dominate over the other two.”
 
“You know, Kurama. That just sounds wrong.” Yusuke joked lightly.
 
“It means Yusuke, that Hiei and Kagome pretty much have total control over the other two.” He thought for a minute. “Think of it in terms of wild animals here in Ningenkai; the strongest lead while the weaker follow behind. It is a way of survival…” He allowed his sentence to trail off as he thought over what Hiei had said. What other things could happen that they wouldn't be able to stop?
 
“Come on. Lets get out of here; this place gives me the creeps.” Leading the way, Yusuke exited the cave and called Botan for a portal. However, as he did this, he never noticed a pair of red eyes watching him - red eyes that held the color of fleshly split blood laced with menace, eyes that held a plan.
 
Kurama stopped short of entering the portal. His eyes strayed towards the shadows of the forest. His emerald orb met blood colored ones and he felt his heart race and fear slip into his veins. He blinked and the blood in the shadows were gone taking his fear with them. A shiver raked through his body as he realized that he hadn't felt that type of fear since the Dark Tournament when he had faced down Karasu. Never taking his eyes from that stop in the shadows, he stepped forward and into the portal.