InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Life ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: so, so, sorry I haven't updated in soooo long! But my laptop was broke and I had all my stories on there. Only recently have I been able to retrieve those files. My mom's being awesomer then usual and allowing me to use her computer!
Anyway, I've revised this chapter and the next! My plan is to revise the rest of this story... wish is really close to being done and then continue on with the updating the chapters. So, don't be afraid to give me a shout if you think I'm slacken... I'll let you in on a little secret! I hate revising so usually I give my stories to my friends to fix and they end of keeping them and not correcting them but falling in love with them... so yeah... most of my paper copies get stolen... hehehehe
So... on with the revised... and in my opinion better story! Please review and tell me your opinion!
Chapter 8
 
An impish smile appeared on his thin lips as he fast through the forest. Hiei's clan had been reunited and he had alimented all contact with the Reikai. Yes, everything was going as planned and he was sure that his partner would agree. Passing through a gateway, invisible to the human eye, he entered the Makai.
 
Easily, he made his way through the crowds of demons you where trying to get into the Ningenkai. Once he had cleared the horde, he surveyed the demons. Yes, he knew that the first few waves would die but the Spirit Detectives, but that would change and then the Ningenkai would be how it should: the weak dieing and the strong thriving.
 
He didn't know how Naraku was able to open such a gate without the Reikai taking notices and when he inquired about it, Naraku had told him that he'd simply figured a way to completely by pass the Kakai barrier. He didn't explain how he'd done that part, but he did understand that this doorway was no portal. It was simply an everlasting gateway with no way of closing it.
 
Forcing his mind back on to the matter at hand, he disappeared in a burst of speed. Easily, he put several miles between him and the gateway, before he slowed his pace. Even at his slowed speed, he made it to his destination within an hour of coming through the gate. His destination was an ancient styled palace. Without any difficulties, he slipped through the barriers and passed the guards. Entering the building, he made his way to the den, knowing that his partner was most likely entertaining himself with several of the human slaves.
 
Upon opening the door, he was greeted by the sight of three human females covered in bruise and blood. The only things covered (if you truly want to call it that) were their treasures. Mist satin that left nothing for the imagination were wrapped tightly around their chest, while from a skin-cutting tight ribbon around their waist hung another piece of satin to cover their front. The air was filled with the heavy scent of sex and fear.
 
“Naraku, it would seem you've been enjoying yourself.” His voice held a friendly teasing tone as he down on one of the plushy pillows and motioned for one of the middle female to come to him. Once she was standing in front of him, he pulled her down on to his lap.
 
“Ah, Takeshi. It's wonderful that to see you made it back safely. Tell me. Did you find anything of interest?” Naraku motioned for the woman on floor in front of him to move away. “And you'll find that these delectable tidbits were worth the trouble to catch. They are highly entertaining.” He smirked down at the woman closest to him and chuckled a bit when she whimpered and started scooting away from him.
 
“I can't wait to try some of them out.” Eyeing the woman that was on his lap hungrily, he slipped his hand onto her thigh and began to trace lines there as she sat rigidly against him. “But for now, back to business.” Takeshi blood colored eyes became serious once more. “Hiei's clan has been reunited once more and their bond is strongest between Kagome and the other two. The others seem to be, almost, uncertain of Hiei, but they follow him nonetheless. I wouldn't be surprised if that weakened link is fixed with a year's time.”
 
“And what of Souta?” Naraku inquired.
 
“Hiei is keeping a watchful eye on him ever since he freed Souta from Sho's group. Unfortunately, Hiei killed him.” Mock remorse was lace with a bemused tone. “Oh, and if would seem that the others have brought a son into the clan as well.”
 
“Nothing more then another obstacle in our path. I'm sure we'll figure out how to rid of that.” With a wicked gleam in his eye that hinted at nothing good, he smiled almost tenderly. “I believe now, though, it is time for us to retire from business. Would you not agree?” He heard the women on the ground sigh in relief.
 
“Indeed. I believe I will retire to my bed.” His eyes darkened a couple of shades as he buried his sharp claws into the woman's center. He merely smirked and held the woman tightly against his chest as she tried to break away from him. He made sure that she he rubbed her against his tight pants and smirked when she once again started to struggle. She reminded him of Kagome's mother; full of resistance and pride. Perhaps, if he liked her, he might keep her around.
 
~*~ Reikai, when the boys arrive ~*~
 
Yusuke was first to step out of the swirling colors that made up the portal. Kuwabara and then Kurama followed him. A not-so-promising sight greeted them. Several fairy girls and spirit guide sat with their backs to the wall, their facial expressions bleak and hopeless. Koenma, himself, sat on his desk, his back facing away from them.
 
“Koenma, what's going on here?” Yusuke himself sounded unusually serious and worried.
 
Koenma remained silent and unmoving. Then, ever so slowly, he turned the computer monitor in the Spirit Detectives' direction. “It's over.” It was the only words that came from his mouth as he allowed his team to read the screen.
 
The monitor showed stick figures, that they learned yesterday to be demons, covered the map and that they were on the move, spreading out. The cities of both Kyoto and Tokyo were covered in the little figures.
 
“Holy shit.” Kuwabara breathed out.
 
“My suggestion to you,” Koenma's voice was nothing but a whisper, “is to get home to your families'. They will be needing you move then I will.” He waved his hand and a portal appeared. “All I can say is good luck.”
 
Everyone stepped through the portal with very subdued attitudes.
 
~*~ Ningenkai ~*~
 
All she had planned to do was a little grocery shopping before her two boys got home from school. Now, however, she found herself running from monsters. They had appeared out of nowhere and she had watched as they ripped people apart. She had froze for an instant, only to be snapped out of her shock by her name passing through on of the creature's lips.
 
She had run then, not knowing what else to do. And that how she ended up where she was now, running down the sidewalk through the crowds of screaming and frightened people. Ducking into an alley and out of the crowd, she rested against the wall, trying to catch her breath. Hearing the cement of the building cracking above her, she looked up. Not even four feet above her, a large grayish monster stared down at her. Its large claws dug into the cement, holding it in place.
 
“Aw. Kurama's mother.” He watched with his multiple eyes as she fell back and on to her bottom. “Thought you'd be different.” His long tongue slipped from his jaws and stretched towards the frightened human.
 
“I-I don't know what you're talking about.” Shiori scooted away as the appendage came closer to her.
 
“Lies! Now you die!”
 
Shiori looked away as the beast lunged. Several seconds passed and when nothing happened, she opened her eyes and wish she hadn't. The monster laid in a bloody heap, golden staff buried deep in its back. Its mouth was only inches from her feet.
 
“You wouldn't happen to be Shiori would you?”
 
The new voice had her looking around, trying to find its source. “Who want to know?” Her voice shook with fear as she watched a man appear from the shadows, his violet eyes sparkling with curiosity.
 
“If you are not her, then I shall leave.” He reached for his staff and pulled in from the other demons body. When it began to twitch, the point of his staff crushed its skull. “If you'll excuse me.”
 
“Wait! I am Shiori!” She got to her feet as the man began to step back into the shadows. “Now, tell me. What do you want with me?”
 
“Only your safe return to your son that is all I wish.” He bowed. “My name is Miroku. Now, if you please, do follow me.” He offered the human woman his arm and smiled reassuringly as she gave him a nervous look. “I assure you miss, if I wanted you died you all ready would be.”
 
Stiffly, she slipped her arm into his. “Why are you here then?”
 
He began leading her out of the alley and onto the street. “I was sent by someone you might know.” When she gave him a curious look he continued. “His name is Hiei and he feels indebted to both you and your son. So he sent me to escort you to safety and not to leave you until you are with your son. So I guess you can consider me your personal bodyguard.” Giving her hand a soft pat, he smiled friendly at her.
 
“Yes. I know who Hiei is, but what does he have to do with this mess?” She gestured towards the now empty streets.
 
“I believe the proper question would be, how is it that he knew that you'd be in danger… or perhaps, why is it that I am here on only his word of protection?” Miroku's eyes gleamed with playfulness and cunningness, yet charm at the same time. “However, I will answer your question. He has nothing to do with this `mess' as you call it. In fact, he wishes for nothing more than to be left alone so that he may care for his clan in peace.”
 
Her head tried to grasp everything. Clans? No one lived in clan's now-a-days, cults perhaps, but not clans. “Clans? You mean something like a cult?”
 
`Humans, such closed minded creatures.' With his great amusement, he pushed his thoughts away and answered the woman's question. “A clan is very different from a cult, I assure you. A clan is a social group composed of family members, siblings, cousins, half-siblings, aunts, uncles and such, with a single male and female as leaders. Young are watched and protected by the females, while it's the males' job to insure that no harm comes to either young or females.
 
“Cults on the other hand consist of a group of creatures that are aiming for the same goal, whether that is to worship something forbidden or to try to acquire world domination. But as you can see both require much corporation, there are many differences between the two.” Grinning softly at his charge, he untangled their arms. “As much as I've enjoyed your company, it is just about time for us to go our separate ways.”
 
“But-” Before she could finish, a knew voice cut her off.
 
“Mother!”
 
Trying away form Miroku, she looked towards where the voice had come from. The sight of her oldest son running towards her greeted her. Not bothering looking back at man who'd helped her, she raced toward her son and threw her arms around his neck and allowed herself to cry. It seemed like only seconds had passed and her son gently pulled her away from his being.
 
“Are you all right, Mother?”
 
She nodded. “Yes, I am. What about you? Are you hurt?” Immediately, her motherly instincts took over and she eyed her son.
 
Kurama chuckled. “You needn't worry about me. I promise I can take care of my self.” He looked passed his mother and over to where the fire demon stood. “What is it that you want?” His voice held a serious note as he stared at the male demon. He easily recognized him from Hiei's clan, but he was unsure whether his old friend could be trusted or not.
 
“I have a message from Hiei.” When he saw the redhead nod he continued. “He wants to inform you that he is not your enemy, but do not expect him to be at your beck and call. You may consider Hiei and his clan allies, though, a warning. Do not expect us to give straight answers, for the knowledge we have or might attain through our hardships. So you will have to work for it as well.” He tilted his head to a respectful degree. “Now, if you'll accuse me, I must be taking my leave.”
 
Turning around he took several steps before stopping. Looking back over his shoulder, Miroku locked eyes with Shiori. “And Kurama, you should be proud and honored to have a woman such as her, as your mother. She is a very brave and interesting woman with many kinds attributes. I wish that my own mother could have been even half of a woman as your mother.”
 
Before Kurama could responded in any way, Miroku was gone in a burst of speed that all fire demons prided their selves on. `Yes, I am honored.' That thought graced his mind as he looked down into Shiori's brown eyes. “Come on. Let's get somewhere safe.”
 
With that said, he quickly led her through the streets to Keiko's noodle shop. Once there, they contact Koenma and get a portal to Genkai's.