InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Life ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: so, so, sorry I haven't updated in soooo long! But my laptop was broke and I had all my stories on there. Only recently have I been able to retrieve those files. My mom's being awesomer then usual and allowing me to use her computer!
Anyway, I've revised this chapter and the next! My plan is to revise the rest of this story... wish is really close to being done and then continue on with the updating the chapters. So, don't be afraid to give me a shout if you think I'm slacken... I'll let you in on a little secret! I hate revising so usually I give my stories to my friends to fix and they end of keeping them and not correcting them but falling in love with them... so yeah... most of my paper copies get stolen... hehehehe
So... on with the revised... and in my opinion better story! Please review and tell me your opinion!
Chapter 9
 
~*~ 20 human years later ~*~
 
Takeshi yawned as he stretched out on his plushy pillows. He merely brushed the body of his once-lover off his bed without thinking twice. `I sometimes wonder how I could have kept a lover longer enough to have children.' “Yes… how I do wonder?” He turned on to his side, peering at the corpse that was on the floor.
 
“What are you wondering about, father?”
 
“Ah… Kikyo!” Takeshi glazed at his oldest daughter before returning to his attention back to his examination of the corpse. “I am thinking about how I came to have fathered two beautiful daughters. Though I must say only one is what I would call respectable.” Smiling, he now looked fully at his oldest. “Is there something pacific you needed?” Rolling onto his back, he pillowed his head in his hands.
 
“I was looking for Naraku. Do you know where he is?” She sat on the edge of the pillows.
 
“My dear, it would seem that he has taken his leave for the day. I believe that he said something about doing a little peeking on our favorite little clan. Tell me, is there anything you want to talk about?” He eyed her for a moment. “Perhaps something that has to do with your favorite dog brothers?” When he saw her dark eyes sparkle, he knew that he'd hit the nail of the head. Sitting up, he slid his pants on. “Come,” he offered his hand, “you can tell me everything over a dish.”
 
She accepted his hand. “If you insist. I believe that you will be very pleased with me.” She followed him out of his room and down the hall. Opening the dinner room door, they were greeted by a 12-person maple wood table. Two of the places had food and dishes set up. Sitting at their appropriate seats, Kikyo wait till her father started the conversation.
 
“Tell me, what of the dog brothers?”
 
A smile graced Kikyo's lips. “Well father, I've got them heading to the Ningenkai. They're searching for me there. It would seem that I went missing from little Inuyasha's life as a small deadly plague spread through there little pack. Everyone who got the disease died, painfully and slowly.” She laughed a bit. “However, before I left, I made sure that they realized where I stood. And, if what you say is correct, about me and my dear little sister looking so much alike, then I have little doubt that Inuyasha, or even Sesshomaru, would stop to ask questions until after blood is split.”
 
“Yes. You did very good and with the newest additions to Hiei's clan… I feel that this will be become very interesting indeed.”
 
They finished their meal in silence.
 
~*~ With Hiei's Clan ~*~
 
Things couldn't have been better. Souta and Hideaki were off on there own, Yori, Miroku and Sango's 10 year old girl, was sitting by the mouth of the cave, practicing her sewing. Sango was polishing her giant boomerang and Hiei, unlike usual, was sitting on the ground next to Kagome with one of the twins in his lap. The other babe was in Kagome's lap. Miroku had gone off early that day.
 
“Have you thought of a name for the twins yet or are we going to be stuck calling them `Twin 1' and `Twin 2'?” Hiei joked lightly as he poked his youngest son's stomach gently. With much amusement, he watched as his child giggled and try to grasp his finger.
 
“No, unfortunately. Why don't you name them? Personally I like the name `Twin 1' and `Twin 2'.” She laughed lightly as she brought her oldest twin to her chest so that he could feed. “So what will it be, mister? Which one will have which name?”
 
“Now, now Kagome. You know that wouldn't be fair. I named Souta and you promised that you'd name the next young one.”
 
“What in the world are you talking about?” She gave her mate an all-too innocent smile. “I helped name Yori. That has to count for something?”
 
“It is your job to help name the young that are born.” Hiei stated with a light matter-of-fact tone. Moving his son into Kagome's lap, he stood and stretched. “Besides, I sure you can could up with two suitable names. I'm going for a run, will you be alright here?”
 
“I'm so flattered that you have such confidence in me. And yes. I believe Sango and I can deal with things here.” Kagome gave her mate a tender smile at his usual grunted reply before he vanished into the forest. Her smile fell as soon as he had vanished. She would have preferred it if he'd stay with her, but she knew that he could only handle sitting still for so long before he had to move. She understood that, though the years separated wasn't long by demon terms, it had still affected him.
 
~*~ With the Dog demons ~*~
 
“Inuyasha. If you do not silence your petty growling, I will do it for you.” Sesshomaru glared over at his younger half brother. When Inuyasha merely returned his glare, he couldn't help but sigh. “I do not see the point as to why you insisted that we come to this human infested world. The bitch was merely playing with your head. I would not be surprised if this is all a trap.”
 
“We're here to find Kikyo! She needs to explain why she… why she did what she did.” Inuyasha turned away from his brother's calculating eyes. “Is that so wrong?”
 
“It is wrong when you are not thinking of anyone but your self. Most of the pack may be dead, but remember there is still one pup that is a live.”
 
“Rin's your pup, Sesshomaru, not mine. You take care of her.” With that, Inuyasha jumped into the trees, making his way farther into the human world and farther away from what was left of his family. `I don't care about her! I'll make her pay! I'll make her pay with her blood for using me!' His golden eyes bled red and his speed increased.
 
Hunting season had just begun… and everyone and everything was on the menu.
 
~*~ With Souta and Hideaki ~*~
 
“Are you having anymore problems with the lesser demons?” Souta gently asked the human girl in front of him. Actually, she really wasn't a girl, but a young woman. Her sand colored hair was strapped to the top of her head in a messy bun and her clothing, (after getting decent fabric to her that he stole from his own den) was durable and clean looking, though did show evidence of wear. Also, on the back of her shirt, a black dragon wrapped around an arrow, was his clan's insignia.
 
“No, not really.” Haya replied her voice a whisper as if afraid to attract attention.
 
“You realize you don't need to be so quiet when I'm around right?” Gently, he nudged her playfully. When he saw a small blush spread across her cheeks, he smirked.
 
“I just don't want to cause any trouble for you.” This time, her voice was louder, though not by much. She fiddled with her hands a bit before looking Souta in the eye. “Um… Some of the people at my safe house… they told me… ah… that everything that you and Hideaki are doing… well, that it's not right, that… that you'll want something in return. And my clothes…” She returned her golden glaze to where she was knitting her hand together.
 
Souta looked at the human female in front of him. He didn't like what the other people were putting in her head. If this kept up, he would remove her from the human safe house and, if his father and mother didn't except her, he'd figure something out. However, he would not deal with others poisoning her mind.
 
He grasped her chin and forced her to meet his eyes. “You remember when we first met, right? I was covered in the blood of my enemy, a demon that had been attacking your group of food gatherer's. When everyone fled, you stayed, wanting to look your killer in the eye. You told me that much. I told you that you owed me nothing and now, you still owe me nothing.” Slowly, his lessened the gap the separated them, giving her a chance to back away, before touched his lips to hers.
 
The kiss was soft and sweet, yet fill with so much emotions, that words couldn't describe it.
 
“You owe me nothing.”
 
Those words never reached Haya's ears as a sound like thunder filled the air and shook the earth. The sound ended abruptly at lasting for an eternity.
 
“What as that?” Haya's whispered voice seemed too loud for the all-too still air.
 
“I've got no idea…” He hadn't the slightest idea to what had made that sound but he knew it was nothing good. Especially, when his instinct told him to flee and hide behind his mother and father. Like a child.
 
He was brought out of his stupor by a voice, strong and fierce, calling his name. On top a large pile of rocks, his father's red eyes stared down at him. With Hiei, Hideaki stood beside him, closer then normal.
 
“Hiei, what's going on?” Souta did not care that his voice shook when he questioned his sire, nor did he care that he still had one of his arms wrapped firmly around Haya's waist.
 
Hiei ignored Souta's question and looked at the human with in his son's arms. Though he despised the thought of it, he was going to have to shove his pride aside and lie to the young woman. “Your safe house was destroyed and unless you wish to walk into deaths arms, you are to go with Souta.” He didn't wait for a reply before turning his attention fully on his son. “Souta, you are to take Hideaki and Haya back to the den. You are then going to help Kagome get the twins set for travel and move the clan to the farthest caves to the northeast, pass the place where Kurama meets us. Is that understood?”
 
“Y-Yes sir.”
 
“Then get moving! All of you, now!” Making sure they were well on their way, he turned and head in the opposite direction, back into the deep parts of the ruin city. It didn't take him long before he found what he was looking for.
 
On top of one of the intact low sky scraper, laid a giant golden-eyed silver dog with two violet horizontal strips on each side of his face. Below him, a black pup (in comparison to the silver dog that is) batted several humans playfully with her paw.
 
Hiei landed on the same building that the silver dog had taken residence on and waited for the dog to notice him. He hated dealing with dogs, he found that, unlike foxes, their saliva was toxic and they had more tendencies to use brute force then thinking things through.
 
“What business do you have here, fire demon?” The dog growled as he turned his giant head so that both his pup and Hiei were within his sight.
 
“That is what I want to know of you! Why do you trespass on my territory?” Hiei glared at the canine in front of him wearily. On more then one occasion, he had heard rumors of packs of dog demons attacking clans of demons, tearing the demons to pieces and scattering their remains for fun. There was also a rumor that the toxins in the dog's mouth would smother a fire demon's flame and that a dog's pelt was so thick that it was nearly impossible to penetrate.
 
“My business here is none of your concern.”
 
“If that is the case, then leave my territory.” Hiei's energy snapped warningly around him. He really did not wish to find out if those rumors where true. The dog's massive head turned to look at him directly clearly surprised by his blunt command.
 
“Kikyo. That is my pack's business here.”
 
Hiei eyes narrowed. How he despised that name and the person that it belonged to. “That bitch isn't in this world. If she was, her blood would be covering at least a hundred different blades.” He'd meant Kikyo soon after Kagome and Souta had disappeared. At the time, he'd been unable to see their subtle differences and after two nights of being in her company, Takeshi had turned up and that was when he realized his mistake.
 
“Tell me, what has she done to you, dog?”
 
“Out of twelve, my pack is now down to my half-brother, my pup and myself. She brought poison that swiped through my pack like a plague. It killed my brother's mate and his first litter. He is out for revenge and answers.” He laid his head down on his out stretched paws with something that sounded like a sigh. “He's hunting through the clans until he finds the one responsible.”
 
His blood ran cold. “Where is your brother hunting at?” Hiei watched as the dog did a shrugging gesture.
 
“We separated near the gateway. I believe he was heading in an eastern direction, though I can not say for sure.” The dog snorted as the fire demon disappeared. He was curious as to why he had left in such a hurry, but he'd guess that it had something to do with his last statement. `Too bad, he was the first fire demon that I've meant that wasn't a pigheaded pyromania.'
 
With that flitting thought, he turned attention back down to his pup, who at them moment was chomping happily on her toys.