InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Joys of Life ❯ teaser... i guess you could call it.... hehe ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Ok, this is a really, really short chapter! This is actually more like a half of a chapter. I've kinda… slightly, run into a small writer's block with this chapter. So I figured I show you guys and hopefully you could give me some ideas! You don't have to, but it would be very helpful. Well, I'm going to stop talking now and let you read… please enjoy and review!
 
Chapter 10
 
After a quick word that he had had with his mother, no one had spoken to Souta since the trio's arrival back home. He could just make out the hostile glare that Sango was sending his way out of the counter of his eye and wished to make some kind of retort, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. In recent years, he'd found that Sango and him had started have more and more disagreements and arguments; with him usually winning once their disagreements were brought to Hiei's or Kagome's attention.
 
His mother, after listening to his tale, had started given the others orders, had pointedly excluded him. He'd received this kind of treatment only once before, and that had been several winters back, when Yori was only about three, he'd eaten several pieces of meat and dry fruit extra without asking permission and by the end of the day, they didn't have enough food to good around. Sango and Yuri had been the ones who'd gone hungry that day. Once his parents had found him out, he had to sit in the middle of the clearing, not talking, not asking questions, and not playing while everyone went about their daily lives. Hideaki had approached him and started talking and immediately, he'd forgotten his punishment and started talking. At the time, both his parents had been out of camp, meeting with Kurama and Souta completely forgot why he'd been sitting in the center of the clearing and went to play. However, when Kagome and Hiei had returned, Souta had received a beaten from Hiei and was once again made to sit in the center of the clearing.
 
Souta, after wards, understood. Kagome and Hiei weren't just his parents, but his leaders and just because he was their son didn't make him above the laws of the clan.
 
“Souta…” Even before his whispered name had a change to fully reach his ears, he'd whipped around and put a firm finger on Haya's lips. Seeing her confusion, he simply shook his head, though making his warning clear in his eyes. He could only hope that she'd accept his answer without question. However, fortunately or not, at the moment, Kagome emerged from the cave. She carried one of the infants in her arms and in the other, a pack.
 
“Souta, my suggestion to you, is to use your supplies wisely. You will be sharing your supplies. Is that clear?”
 
“Yes ma'am.” Ducking his head in respect, he took his burden from his mother.
 
The moment that the pack was in his hand, his eyes widen in surprise before looking up at his mother. When she gave him a small, hidden smile, he knew that though she was his leader, she would always be his mother. The pack, after all, was easily several pounds heavier then normal. His mother had packed him some extra supplies.
 
“By the way, Kagome this is Haya. Haya, this is our leader, Kagome.” Stepping to the side, he gestured for Haya to step forward.
 
Haya mimicked Souta's early action and ducked her head. “It's a pleasure to meet you.” Straightening, she watched as Kagome tilted her head slightly in greeting. Though, she didn't say anything, Haya could just make out the warm amusement in the woman's fiery red eyes.
 
“Kagome! Hideaki and Miroku aren't back yet!” Yori rushed over, the second twin cradled to her chest. Though she was only 10 years old, she had begun to calling her parents by name. “Are we going to leave without them?”
 
“They will catch up. Let's move!” With the pride ridden Yori only steps behind her, Kagome was off. Not even seconds later, Sango followed her leader with her giant boomerang at the ready.
 
Kneeling in front of Haya, Souta gestured for her to get on. Once she was settled on his back stood and grasped their pack. “Oh. You might want to keep your head down. I might be running faster then before.” He just smirked as she caught sight of her astonished look. Assured that she was securely on his back, he leapt out of the clearing and into the surrounding forest.
 
~*~ Some where else within the forest ~*~
 
Naraku's cold eyes watched as Souta and his little companion fled from the clearing, chasing after his mother. “Yes, it would seem that Souta will be no use to us any longer…” His voice trailed off. Everything was silence around him, minus the sound of the buzzing noise the wings of his bees made. “Perhaps, all is not lost as Takeshi may have thought. After all, I do believe that it would be easier to train up an infant then retrain an adult.”
 
Finally taking his eyes off the clearing, he looked down at the scroll that he'd received. “And it would seem that my darling Kikyo's playing will be of some use to me after all.” Smirking, the scroll vanished in a puff of miasma. Reaching into the sleeve of his baboon suit, he retrieved another scroll.
 
“Bring this to Takeshi. Do not fail me.” Allowing one of his bees to take the scroll from him, he waited till they were nothing but retreating dots before vanishing in a thick cloud of miasma.