InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Small Steps ❯ Deja Vu ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I claim no ownership of Sengoku Otogizoushi - InuYasha or Yuu Yuu Hakusho. InuYasha belongs to Takahashi Rumiko, Shogakukan, ViZ Media, ShoPro Entertainment, and Shounen; while Yuu Yuu Hakusho belongs to Togashi Yoshihiro, Shueisha, ViZ Media, and Shounen. No profit or money of any kind is made from this fan-created crossover.
Prompt: "Deja Vu"
Written For: The Deadliest Sin Community (http : / / thedeadliestsin . proboards33 . com )
Summary: It was playing out just like before... Well, maybe not entirely. His eyes were too red to be Inuyasha's, after all.


- - - - - - - -


There were some days Kagome wished she had listened to that little voice in the back of her mind that told her to stay in bed.

This just so happened to be one of those days. In a vague sense, she wondered if these near-delirious thoughts were the product of blood loss as only that could have her thinking about how that little voice was now screaming "deja vu" at her. It could not have been more correct causing a desire to laugh to well up in her. However she figured that would get her labeled as crazy on top of being human by the youkai standing over her, the shikon no tama balanced between his thumb and forefinger.

The day had started out like any other day, except for the rain which finally fell after days of foreboding grey clouds. Just like when she had been fifteen, she should not have brushed off the feeling of wrong-ness as she cut through one of the many parks of Tokyo. Her untrained senses had dulled as a result of spending too many years in her own time, but even they had tried to warn her. Like back when she was younger, she shrugged it off and continued on her way, too worried about being late. She had not noticed the attack until it was far too late. The claws of the youkai tore into her side, following the tainted call of the shikon, and ripped out the jewel in much the same way it had been years ago. Though it was not a centipede or any other form of insect youkai, the point and pain remained.

As she had crumpled to the ground, the feet of four men entered into her narrow sight as the sounds of battle reached her ears. And as she had laid in the bloody mud, she heard the shikon land innocently in front of her before her eyes focused on it. Just like before she had reached out to grab it, only to find that the man (or rather she should call him youkai) wearing the blackest clothing pick it up. Which then led to her feeling the oddest sense of deja vu for the first time in a long time.

Kagome closed her eyes in anticipation of what would happen next. This time there was no Kaede to make a kotodama no nenju to save her.

"Tch. All that over this measly thing? Pathetic."

Her eyes snapped open upon hearing those gruff words. This was not playing out the way it had with Inuyasha.

She glanced up at the dark creature, wondering what type of person it would take to resist the call of the jewel. Aside from her extended group in the past, only Sesshoumaru had been able to resist its call and that was only because he was powerful enough to not need more of it. Before her sight and strength failed her, she looked up to see carmine eyes denoting his youkai blood confirming her suspicions.

"Your eyes," she whispered, "they're too red to be Inuyasha's..."

Before she could hear what he would say in response, she passed out. She knew the shikon would be safe in his grasp because this was not deja vu.


- - - - - - - -


Edited 29 April 2010