InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Are My Future ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok guys new story I am unsure if this will be a Kagome/Kurama or a Kagome/Hiei so vote on which one you prefer. Anyways I've had this written in my notebook for a while and I've been meaning to type it up. Also I know it's short but I was originally double the length but I wanted to already have something written for chapter two
Disclaimer: I own neither InuYasha nor Yu Yu Hakusho they are both great anime's and I simple uses them to amuse myself and my readers.
 
Kagome higurashi was bored. So very bored. Kenjutsu classes just weren't fun anymore. Kagome turned around and sighed at the man on the floor. He was supposed to be her sensei. She had hit his temple with the base of her katana and knocked him unconscious. She sighed to herself again. It wasn't there fault she knew stances and battle moves they could only dream of, she mused, as the other students went to see if there teacher was ok. However kagome thinking of the new material art that she could take up, Kagome had set up a sort of tradition with herself. Beat the teacher of the class three times and quit, then progress to a new marital art. Out of the 75 martial arts that where taught in Japan kagome had mastered around 30. It helped alot that most descended from demon fighting styles which she had mastered , also alot of the fighting styles where similar to each other so if she applied the right mind frame she could learn and be finished within two months.
-Flashback-
When she had first started training in the feudal era she was heavily inclined to think that her teachers were actually spawn of the devil. Shippo had once written out a list of all of her teachers as a sort of timetable to help her out
Sango-Demon slaying -Monday
Miroku- Spiritual powers- Tuesday
Kaede- Herb lore and healing- Wednesday
Kouga- Demon style taijutsu and hand to hand combat- Thursday
Inuyasha- Sword fighting and physical fitness- Friday
Sesshomaru- Other weapon training and other fighting art forms- Saturday
Sesshomaru- Maths and school work- Sunday
Kikyo- Archery- whenever she's here
For the first year she was tempted to run home, seal the well and never ever come back. Even though she was now spending more time than ever in the feudal era her graded had improved rapidly, much to the delight of her mother and sesshomaru's ego, Kagome quickly realised that this was because sesshomaru was the second most evil of all of her teachers. The most evil was the shikon-no-tama. Yep that's right the jewel, Midoriko and the other demon spirits, had to be the most evil being in existence.
You see Midoriko had come up with a rather clever plan. The four souls of the jewel where what gave the jewel its power so Midoriko and the demon's fussed their souls to kagome's. In other words she was a living jewel. However the side effects where that kagome's miko powers increased 7fold and she also became a youkai. She was a hybrid demon, a combination of a spirit kitsune a shadow inu and an elemental ookami.
Every Morning when kagome woke up from her dream training she felt stronger, while the jewel had been fussing to her soul kagome hadn't been home, so she was anxious for the transformation to complete so she could go home. One night in her dreams Midoriko told her that her training was completed and when she woke up the transformation would be complete. She was then roused seconds later because her companions wanted to know why she suddenly had a tail and ears on the top of her head and a blue circle on her forehead with a black heart in the centre. She also had the classic taiyoukai markings that sesshomaru had. It was at that moment that kagome realised she hadn't told her friends about her transformation.
Not one of her best ideas.
So after telling the story to the collective group of: Sango, miroku, shippo , kirara , inuyasha , Kikyo , sesshomaru , rin, kouga , Ginta and Hakkaku , of what was going on kagome was stunned when she suddenly had multiply gifts thrust upon her as ` graduation presents' . As Things just began to die down, InuYasha and the other demons suddenly stopped and declared they could smell naraku, this meant one thing. The jewel had finally stopped working and Naraku's barrier was down.
They found naraku and the battle lasted not 5 minutes. Naraku and all of his incarnations where killed. It was then on the battle field that kagome turned Sango, Miroku and Rin into Inu-Youkai; She also created a new soul for kikyo and made her body real again. She also turned her into an inu-hanyou so she could be the same as inuyasha for forever. When Kikyo got her new soul kagome also got the rest of her soul back. One day when kagome was sat on the lip of the well, shippo (whom she had officially adopted) and kirara on her shoulders. She was talking to her friends before she left to see her family. Just before Shippo and kirara could jump off her shoulder an eagle youkai came down from the sky causing kagome, her kit and the nekomatta to fall into the well. However instead of the normal blue light kagome was engulfed by a pink light and she knew when she hit the floor in the future that the well had closed forever.
That had been a year earlier; kagome had placed a concealment charm on shippo and had enrolled him in a home schooling course. Kagome herself had actually excelled so much she passed her finals a month after she had come back this was about 6 months before everyone else, she was going to start university in September. Kagome had also officially taken up her duties as a the shrine miko which was a good thing as business was booming at the shrine and her jii-san couldn't cope on his own
It was the lack of a challenge and company that made kagome take up diffrent martial arts. There was only occasional youkai and kagome dispatched them quickly which left kagome looked for her challenge in ningen's
-End Flashback-
Kagome put her sword in its sheath and headed towards the changing rom. Changing quickly she picked up her sword and placed it in her rucksack, which also held her numerous diffrent weapons and uniforms, Kagome kept the bag with her at all times however she cast a spell on everything to shrink it down so it all fit inside, Walking out of the dojo she walked up to the receptionist at the desk of the martial arts school.
`'Another transfer Higurashi-san?'' Smiled the receptionist
`'Hai Ruka-chan'' All the receptionists knew kagome as she changed courses often.
`'ok well let me see it's Wednesday today so I can get you in for aikido as you haven't done that one yet so one minute... ok! You can start next week see you tomorrow higurashi-san!'' Ruka said as kagome nodded and left. Kagome went to martial arts classes every night till 7:00pm
As Kagome exited the building the cool breeze hit her and she sighed, quickly she pulled her hair into a high ponytail and placed a mask on her face as she set off.
The mask helped for two reasons:
1) It was custom made by kagome herself and infused with her powers so that it filtered the bust city air so the smells didn't upset her sensitive nose.
2) When she was attacked by youkai they often attacked at night when she was alone, although she normally took care of them the occasional one or two escaped and the mask kept her true identity safe from youkai
As kagome walked home it appeared that she would have some fun. Directly 100 ft behind her a kitsune youkai was following behind her. Smirking she flared her aura telling the youkai that she was a miko. As she turned around a corner she smirked once more under her mask. This was almost too easy!
The youkai was following her just as she had hoped; quickly turning into a park she slipped her hand into her bag. She made it look she was looking for her phone. Stopping in the middle of the park, the youkai was still moving towards her, she found her gun (the bullets had been infused with her miko ki) and spun around pointing it at the kitsune's forehead.
`'what do you want fox?'' Kagome asked as she took the safety lock off the gun.
`'hmm it would appear I have myself in quite the situation'' The kitsune replied smoothly. In the dark kagome could see the fox had vivid red hair and forest green eyes. `How about you put the gun down and we talk this one over ne?''
`'Nice try how about you stop trying to control the plants and tell me what you're doing here before I put a bullet in your brain ne?'' Kagome said mockingly. The fox frowned slightly, annoyed she had noticed his attempts, he said nothing.
Kagome smirked to herself and took a bullet out of her bag, the kitsune's eyes widened as she put it in the gun.
`'what do you think I'd carry around a loaded gun in my bag? Are you that dumb? And here I thought kitsune's where clever now you have 5 seconds to start talking before I really do put a miko bullet through your pretty little youkai head, I now ningen bullets don't have an effect so I put my own ki in these quite successful so far but I have yet to try them on a kitsune'' Kagome could see he was weighing up his options.
`'5
4
3
2
1''
Muhahahahahah!*thunder and lightning in background * now I shall kill you all in suspense.
-Kagome opens the door and flicks on the basement light-
Me- aww `gome -Chan I was just getting to the good bit
Kagome- *sigh* come on get back up stairs and type up the next chapter
Me- but... But I want the suspense to kill them
-Kurama enters the room-
Kurama- if you type up the next chapter then Youko says you can touch his ears.
*Jumps up and runs back upstairs to start the seconds chapter*
kagome- I thought youko's ears belonged to me?
Me -*shouts from upstairs* SORRY KAGOME BUT I'M THE AUTHOR
Hehe anyways review and I'll update really fast and don't forget to vote