InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Are My Future ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok chapter two is here people! I was going to wait a few more days to type this up but I thought better of it so anyways here is the new chapter
Disclaimer: I don't own inuyasha or YuYu Hakusho they belong to someone else ok happy now?
Recap:
`'what do you think I'd carry around a loaded gun in my bag? Are you that dumb? And here I thought kitsune's where clever now you have 5 seconds to start talking before I really do put a miko bullet through your pretty little youkai head, I now ningen bullets don't have an effect so I put my own ki in these quite successful so far but I have yet to try them on a kitsune'' Kagome could see he was weighing up his options.
`'5
4
3
2
Now:
The red headed kitsune opened his mouth to explain but kagome interrupted him before he speaks.
`'you want to know something fox? I haven't tried these bullets out on a kitsune because I don't like testing things on my own kind , I'm part kitsune you see so take this as a warning and don't ever let me see you again or I will exterminate you' even if you are an avatar' Kagome said behind her mask.
`'how did you know?'' The kitsune asked, kagome laughed and tapped her nose.
`'that's for me to know and you to find out anyways how about a deal? I have a friend, a sister of sorts, her name is kagome and she lives at the higurashi shrine, I have quite a few informants that give their information to her and she pass's it on to me so how about if you find out anything of note you tell her, she's human but she know how to handle herself now tell Youko I say hi will you?'' Kagome let out a dry laugh and using her demon speed she disappeared.
Kurama stood in the middle of the park thoroughly confused.
* Youko do you know her?*
- Sorry red but you never found out her name -
* do you know this kagome person?*
- I knew someone called kagome about 500 years ago but the youkai miko said that this kagome was human so no in case you forgot humans tend not to live that long-
* Of course how could I forget such a trivial thing *
- Damn right, now I need to sleep talk to you later red-
- At the higurashi shrine-
Kagome managed to get up the giant flight of steps in record time, stopping in front of the front door she took her mask off and walked in.
`'Okaa-san!'' came shippo's voice as she walked around the corner into the living room.
`Hey shippo have you been good for you baa-Chan?'' Kagome asked her son as he jumped into her arms, kagome looked at her mother who smiled.
`Shippo-Chan has been very good. We went to go see souta's football match ,they won, oh and shippo said he would wait for you to get home before he had his Dinner yours is in the oven and his is in the microwave'' Kun-loon higurashi informed her daughter. Kagome nodded and walked into the kitchen shippo on her hip. Opening the microwave and the oven she balanced both plates on a two fingers.
Walking carefully upstairs kagome entered her room. Putting the food down, she quickly changed into her pyjamas. She passed shippo his food and they began to eat.
`'so mama how was your training'' The young fox kit asked, she laughed at the face his mother pulled.
`'boring I guess I ended up knocking the sensei out so I got another transfer' Kagome told her son and wondered if she should tell him of the kitsune she met today. Shippo looked up at her.
`'there's something else isn't there kaa-san?'' Shippo asked as he finished his dinner. Kagome put her plate down and nodded. She lay down on her bed and shippo snuggled up to her.
`' I met a kitsune avatar today odd thing was he looked like a fire kitsune , red hair green eyes but he could control plants like a spirit kitsune also I sensed Youko within him'' Kagome's eyes became down cast and shippo sat bolt upright .
`'Youko, as in Youko Kurama Youko? `' Shippo asked, Back when they were in the feudal era, they found out that Shippo had an uncle called Youko Kurama , he had been away on a long heist when they finally defeated naraku and they got sent to the future . Youko Had taken a shine to kagome, something she found rather irritating as she also had kouga and inuyasha to deal with.
Kagome had given up trying to tell kouga she didn't like him in that way and she had given up on InuYasha a long time ago. However despite all of that kouga always declared kagome as his woman at every opportunity and inuyasha acted like she was some kind of possession Sesshomaru treated her like that as well but not as bad .
And then there was Youko
He was like a mix of kouga AND inuyasha half claiming her as his and half doing the big brother impression.
Causing kagome to decide that all canines where obsessed with `owning her' She often wonder if she had a `canines come claim me `sing in neon orange that she couldn't see. After kagome turned into a youkai she nearly cried when it all got worse.
Kagome smiled as she remembered the time in the hot spring with sango when she asked her about it
Flashback-
Kagome and Sango eased into the hot water with a joint sigh of contentment. They sat in silence for a few minutes before sango and kagome began washing their hair.
`'so what did you want to talk about kagome-Chan?'' Sango asked her sister like best friend
`' why is it that all of our male youkai companions seem to think I belong to them?'' Kagome asked as she dunged her head under the water. She came back up and looked at sango.
`'well in youkai society a male with mate with the strongest, most beautiful female. Normally they keep the same species, that's why not many hanyou's are born `' Sango paused and look like she was choosing her next words carefully
`'miko ki is known to attract youkai , the stronger the miko the stronger the youkai she attracts , Most miko's however kill youkai on sight, like kikyo-san for example, However you do not she make friends with youkai . When hanyou's are born they are usually born there human parents will almost always have a small amount of holy power in their blood stream. With you kagome you are smart , beautiful and you know how to fight , traits that most youkai look for in there mate , you are also a very strong miko `' Sango paused once again but this time it was not a good idea as kagome looked shocked.
`'WHAT! Are you insinuating they all want to mate me!?'' Kagome said nearly jumping out of the water, sango shuck her head quickly and began explaining again.
`' They act like that because they see you as a potentially mate , so even if they don't think they are doing it they are protecting you from other males because they know that you don't know youkai tradition `' Sango looked at her friend who had calmed down.
`'soooo there doing it to look after me?'' Kagome asked confused, sango nodded.
`' Kouga and inuyasha fight over you alot and I'm sure it annoys you but in youkai society especially taiyoukai society if they didn't actually like each other they would have already killed each other , its tradition for all suitors to fight until one is left.' Sango looked at kagome to see if it had all sunk in. Kagome frowned slightly
`'ok so let me summarise this, to make sure that I understand everything
This is all because I fit youkai standards despite the fact this all started before I turned youkai
They fight because they...Accept each other?
They treat me like I'm made of glass because they don't want everyone else treat me like that
I really confused and none of it made sense yet at the same time it DID make sense
I just realised that everything is ten times worse because I'm become a youkai so that means they have another reason other than my miko powers because now I'm the same species as them , well technically
Kagome looked at her friend who was laughing and smiled slightly
`'did I get that about right?'' Kagome asked sarcastically
`'yeah I think so now let's get going or all of your darling suitors might thing you've been stolen.'' Sango said as she stood up, Kagome mock gasped.
`'heavens no! Let use return quickly so I can be treated like a glass doll a little bit more'' Kagome laughed and the girls quickly re-joined camp
-End flashback-
Kagome looked down and noticed that shippo had fallen asleep; she smiled softly and decided to sleep as well. It was then that she remembered that her cousin yusuke was coming over tomorrow because he apparently had some `big news'
She smiled softly at the thought, she had heard that yusuke was actually a youkai through one of her informant's , she always told her informants the same story when she first met them , the story she had told the kitsune , that kagome was a simple human miko and not the uber powerful taiyoukai miko that they were talking to . It worked to say the least anyway, she vaguely wondered if the kitsune avatar would give her any descent information. Her eyes fluttered shut as she fell asleep
-The next day-
As soon as the sun rose the next day kagome was awake, it was something that had been ingrained into her by inuyasha when they where jewel shard hunting. Kagome noticed, as she lay in bed, that there were currently two balls of fluff in her bed. One of them was shippo and one of them was buyo. Kagome grinned to herself her charm had worn off during the night and her canines where visible in the early morning light She reached for the top of the duvet and lifted it up , within seconds a small clawed hand reached out and pulled it down
`'Come on shippo wake up `' Kagome said softly, the duvet moved causing kagome to believe her was shaking his head
`' come on shippo big strong youkai like you shouldn't need as much sleep as you do , inuyasha doesn't , kirara doesn't , kouga doesn't come on shippo `' Kagome pulled the covers up and looked down at her don and gasped .Shippo looked up at her and glared playfully. Kagome nearly dried; her baby boy was growing up!
Obviously during the night shippo had turned 100 years old and had gained his first tail, causing a growth spurt and his body mature slightly. His hair had lengthened, his pointed ears had migrated to his head and his fluffy tail bud that he had before turned into a long silky kitsune tail, and He also grew about 12inches.
`'Shippo-Chan you look gorgeous my little baby is growing up! Anyways I am prepared for these kinds of occasions; I have a tailor in the feudal era make you some clothes bigger so that they fitted you when you had a growth spurt. Shippo looked at his mother in surprise and then smiled before nodding his head. Getting out of bed kagome pulled out shippo's new clothes. The Trousers where black with a turquoise fire trim around the bottom. The shirt was the same shade of turquoise with a pocket at the front, a black jacket was worn over the shirt and had lots of secret pockets so he could hide his illusion items and fox magic in it. The cuff's had the same fire trim as the trousers.
When her son was dressed and washed, kagome herself decided to get dressed. After going down stairs and making shippo some breakfast and putting him in front of the TV she went back upstairs.
After having a quick shower she dried and straightened her hair. Due to her transformation into a youkai she now had one Silver streak and one red blood red streak in her hair. After straightening her hair she put on her miko robes. They were the same as the ones she occasionally wore in the feudal era and the ones kikyo wore. Except instead of being White and red she wore White and black. They where her graduation present from kikyo , kikyo had said that because she had become the jewel it's self and also a youkai that she had surpassed all miko's before her and kikyo herself so instead of wearing the normal miko garb she would be allowed to wear an alteration to show her status .
Walking down stares she made herself some toast and set shippo his school work for the day. After her breakfast she began her shrine duties. Kagome noticed it was oddly quite today especially considering the boom in business recently. At around 12 kagome made lunch for her, shippo, and jii-san, okaa-san had gone to work and souta was at school, it was his last week at school and he would finish on Friday, in two days time.
As soon as kagome had finished her lunch she felt a disturbance in the sutras she had placed around the shrine grounds , She closed her eyes and smiled when she realised it was her cousin, opening her eyes and grinned , she knew it would take him a while to get up the steps so she told shippo to stop his studies and opened the door , with a simple flick of her mind kagome re placed the sutra back on , The sutra where specially made so that demon's with ill intent could not enter the grounds yet other could enter , she thought it would be foolish if her informants got burned to a crisp before they gave her there information
Kagome suddenly ran up the stairs leaving her son confused, When kagome was in her room she grabbed her hair ties of the desk and tied her hair up like kikyo and then grabbed her bow and arrows and slung them on her back, she giggled when she thought of the look on her cousin's face when he saw them, well if she was going for an effect why not go the whole hog?.
Kagome quickly ran down the stairs and stopped in front of the open door, when shippo saw the bow and arrow he rolled his eyes. Kagome walked out of the door and stopped at the top of the shrine steps. She looked down and saw that yusuke was with around 5 other people, Kagome resisted the urge to laugh. They where only half way up, she thought that they would have gotten a little bit higher. Kagome's stoic mask fell into place as she looked at her cousin's companions.
There was the avatar from yesterday
Kagome looked down at shippo, who now stood at her hip, and noticed that he too had stiffened having noticed the avatars aura.
`'shippo it will be ok trust me `' Kagome soothed her kit, hearing her name from down the steps kagome looked down and saw a grinning yusuke.
`'it's been awhile yusuke did you forget where we lived or did you just hate the steps that much that you decided not to visit'' Kagome said mockingly causing her cousin to look embarrassed as he came up the final flight of steps.
`'sorry `gome-Chan I met my dad and we were doing some bonding `' Yusuke said as he finally stood next to her. Even thought yusuke was 5'10 kagome was slightly taller than him at 5'11. Kagome was unnaturally tall because she was a demon and she hadn't stopped growing, she estimated that she would reach 6'0.
`'aww it's ok itoko-chibi-chan (itoko means cousin)'' Kagome grinned, she was glad she had remember to cast her and shippo's illusions before they left the house. Shippo's illusion got rid of his fox feet, claws, sharp canines and his new fox ear. Kagome's also got rid of her ear, claws and fangs but it also got rid of her youkai markings
The brown haired girl who had old of yusuke's hand looked at him
`'chibi-chan?'' She asked, Kagome studied the girl, she was perfectly human yet she was also very pretty, this was probably the keiko that yusuke talked about whenever she came around!
`'gome-Chan I told you NOT to call me that `' Yusuke stressed as everyone else began laughing
`and I told YOU I would told calling you chibi-chan the day your taller than me `' Kagome flicked his forehead and smiled. Kagome looked at yusuke's other companies. She looked critically at each other them before smiling at them all. Kagome bowed
`'I'm higurashi Kagome Head miko of this shrine it is an honour to meet the people who can be bothered putting up with my darling itoko-chibi-chan now why don't we go inside I do believe numbskull over there wanted to tell me something `' Kagome turned and began walked back into the house , shippo at her heels .
`'Oi kagome who's the Gaki?'' Yusuke called out, Kagome turned round and saw that The avatar and the short black haired male next to him had frozen.
Kuso! I remembered to change my demonic aura to human but I forgot to do shippo's kagome thought to herself but she didn't let it show.
`'this is my son higurashi shippo'' Kagome replied. Shippo turned round and bowed.
`'it's a pleasure to meet you all `'Shippo said politely but yusuke looked furious
`'kagome since when have you had a kid that little guy looks about 7 and why the hell ...'' Yusuke said as he turned around to face Kurama, the venom was clear on his face , it was also clear when his voice drop to a quite whisper'' does he look like you?''
Everyone sweat dropped while kagome cleared her throat gaining her everyone's attention, kagome opened her mouth to explain when shippo got in before her.
`'my father and mother are dead, kagome adopted me after she and inu... a friend avenged my father's murder, I can assure that your friend is not my father, I watched him die'' Shippo's eyes were downcast and yusuke immediately looked guilty
`'hey I'm sorry....'' He bang before shippo's head banged straight upright
`'I don't need your pity! I've got kagome now and she's the best kaa-san I could ask for `' Shippo shouted defensively grabbing hold of kagome's miko trouser leg making everyone smile
`'Ship can we enter the house now?'' Kagome asked her kit softly, he nodded and they all entered. Somehow they all managed to get in the living room Kagome was sat on the sofa with shippo on her knee next to yusuke and Keiko. Hiei was sat on the windowsill and Kurama was sat on the loveseat with boton while kuwabara sat on the floor. Kagome turned to her cousin
`' you know you never actually introduced everyone did you manners die since the last time I saw you?'' Kagome asked, Yusuke wasn't fazed
`'Kagome this is Keiko, the shrimp on the windowsill is hiei, the blue haired girl is boton, the red head Is Kurama and the doofas on the floor is kuwabara'' Kagome nodded then once more looked at her cousin, she was about to open her mouth and ask him something else when the doorbell rang.
`'Excuse me `' Kagome said a frown marring her face slightly as she got up to answer the door. Yusuke relaxed back in his seat, however he sat bolt upright, along with everyone, bar Keiko when they heard kagome answer the door.
`'Yomi how nice of you to visit, it's been a while''
And chapter two is done! I got it finished quicker than I thought I would and it's longer than the first chapter I hope you liked it oh and here is how the votes stand for the pairing
Kagome/Kurama- 0
Kagome/ Hiei-2
I also got ask to do a h/k/k so I'll put that as well
Hiei/Kagome/Kurama (Yaoi)-0
Hiei/Kagome/Kurama (Non-Yaoi) - 0
Anyways
Review
Review
Review
Ja ne
-B-H-D-