InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Kikyo Fic" (title subject to change) ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha and co., but oh how I wish I did...! *innocent smile* ^_^

Post-chapter-finishing A/N: lmgdfao!! I realized I love reading over stuff I have written in a notebook. It's so fun to open up to a random page and find Kouga saying "I'll just... leave now." And the bloopers for much later in the fic... omg (can't stop laughing) You'll just have to wait and see. Also, I'm sorry for taking so long with this. Computer troubles, losing data and whatnot.

Also, after a certain point I got tired of correcting myself for typing "Inuyasha" instead of "InuYasha". It's only because I keep seeing "Inuyasha" in my horrible million-years-ago crappy handwriting that I don't type up "InuYasha," so sorry if it ticks you off. It's still the same name, though!! ^_^;; Wether it's Killala/Kirara, I just typed what was on the paper. Sorry for the inconsistancies and spelling errors, since I don't have Word any more.

~~~~~~~~~~

Days turned to weeks, weeks to months, and months to years. Before anyone knew it, all the shards were assembled, and the Shikon no Tama was whole once again. They finally beat Naraku, and laid old rivalries and arguements to rest.

Five years after the little "Kikyou incident," everything was calmer in Sengoku Jidai. Kagome stayed to live there with a few trips to her time or some modern conveniences and visits. InuYasha and Kagome vowed they wouldn't have pups until after the jewel was complete and Naraku was dead, though InuYasha no longer held himself to avenging Kikyou's death or the trickery he was put through.

Once Naraku was defeated, Miroku no longer harbored the wind tunnel, and Sango avenged her village, as did Kouga unto his comrads. Kagura, Kanna, and Naraku's other incarnations ceased to exist when their creator was destroyed, but they died smiling and fially free.

Miroku and Sango married, and Sango was two months along.

Kagome was training to become the village miko after her and InuYasha wished on the Shikon no Tama to be together forever.

That's why no one in a million years could have predicted what happened next.

~*~

Inuyasha bounded through the forest to land in the clearing of which a veritable palace resided. For the second time in his entire life, he had somewhere to call home.

Upon entering the house, he saw Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kagome seated around the firepit. Their gazes turned to him as he entered the room and sat next to Kagome, Shippo jumping from her shoulder to Inuyasha's. Kirara mewed a hello from Sango's lap as three smaller kumas poked thier heads out of various folds in Miroku's robes, each ones' ears tipped with black, one with a black left tip, one with a right, and one with both ears tipped.

"So, decided on names for the kits yet?" Inuyasha asked, nodding toward the kuma kittens. Miroku picked up the one with both tipped ears by the scruff of its neck. It tried to swipe at his hand with its little paw, but inly succeeded in twisting himself in Miroku's grasp. As he spun back around, it almost seemed to glare at Miroku.

"Not quite," Miroku confessed. "We know we'll name one of the girls Buya, though." Inuyasha raised an eyebrow toward Kagome, but said nothing. Shippo tugged lightly on his sleeve, catching his attention.

"Miroku said they'd think about Zenny for a name. It was my idea," he said proudly. Inuyasha gave him a pat on his head. Shippo smiled.

"Umm... Miroku? Sango? Weren't there five kittens?" Kagome asked. Just as she finished her sentence, the two missing kits ran into the house, and dove into Sango's lap with Kirara. They seemed to be terrified of something, judging by the way their tails quivered.

"Inuyasha!" a voice called from outside. The cold tone and familiarity of it had Inuyasha's breath rushing out in what could only be called a gasp. None the less, they all stood and left the hut to face what called Inuyasha out.

~*~

Inuaysha froze in shock. Kagome clutched his arm, clinging to it almost like a frightened child. Snago took Miroku's hand when she saw what was on the other side of the clearing. Shippo sqeeked and hid behind Inuyasha's hair.

There, opposite the door and by the tree line, well off the beaten path, was someone who should have died multiple times.

Kikyou.

Holding her hand was a little girl with dark grey hair and clouded grey eyes, her lips almost blood crimson in color, her face pale and eyes dark. An almost evil look was on her face as she proceeded to stare at Inuyasha. She wore a white kimono with a black obi and red bow tying back her long hair.

"She's as much yours as she is mine, Inuyasha," Kikyou stated, fixing him with an extremely cold glare. Inuyasha took a step back in absolute horror, a truely terrified look on his face. "A quarter dog demon, a quarter human, and half dead on her feet." Kikyou's face softened at Inuyasha's reaction and listing off just what her little girl was.

"H... h-how did... it couldn't... it shouldn't...!" Inuyasha was becoming frantic.

"You think so little of my miko powers, Inuyasha." Kikyou shook her head, her expression saddening. "I always get what I want. But I suppose you're an exception," she added with a bitter smile. Inuyasha shuddered, Kagome's hand finding his in concern.

"What the hell do you want then?!" Shippo squeeked, peeking cautiously around Inuyasha from his perch. Kikyou still stared at Inuyasha, speaking only to him.

"Only for you to take care of Kagome, and protect her," she stated. The others opposite her frowned and blinked in confusion. Inuyasha and Kagome glanced at each other, expectng some sort of trick.

Kikyou looked down at the little girl at her hand, a never before seen genuine warmth in her eyes and smile on her face.

"Kagome," she said, the little girl looking up at her.

"O-Okaa-san?" the girl replied hesitantly.

A heavy silence decended upon the clearing harboring the house as the little "Kagome" released her hold on her mother's hand in favor of sobbing into the miko's red hakama, her once evil look melting away to her childish vulnerability. The small group by the hut heard nothing, not even the wind, as Kikyou got her knees and hugged the child, her bangs hiding her eyes. The girl cried openly to her mother's shoulder as she flung her arms around her neck.

Inuyasha's heartbeat thundered in his ears as he stared disbelievingly at Kikyou. She named her daughter after Kagome so he would care for her! What the hell was she playing at?

Shw as just sick, the only word that could describe it. She was sick, evil, and gave the word "bitch" a whole new menaing. Her sole purpose in her death had to have been to make Inuyasha's life a living hell. She didn't seem to be interestedin anything else but that.

Kikyou stood and faced them, her words echoing numbly through the clearing.

"I leave to a quest which I cannot return from," she began. "I cannot take my Kagome with me. you needn't care about her, but pity her as you will that she was raised by the dead."

She pried the girl off her hakama and walked away, her expression frozen, leaving the girl snuffling on her knees. In a few moments she was gone from sight and the little Kagome was sniffling, her tears no longer falling but soaking her face. When the group found their voice they only had one thing in mind.

"That evil -- FUCKING BITCH!!" they all cried in unison, though Inuyasha's last two words were the loudest. All anyone could do was agree.

To everyone's surprise, the little Kagome sniffed and nodded, frantically wiping the tears from her face. To further startle everyone, Inuyasha brought something up completely off-topic.

"Sesshoumaru still has that little human girl in his care, right?" he asked, not taking hiseyes from the girl.

"Uh... y-yeah... why?" Kagome faltered.

"Why don't we leave her with him?" Inuyasha suggested gruffly. Sango blinked, closing her mouth with a light click. Without saying anything she whacked him with Hiraikotsu, which had been resting against the outer wall of the house. "The hell was THAT for?!" Inuyasha shouted, rubbing his head.

"I agree," Miroku volunteered, in turn smacking Inuyasha with his staff. While the three contined their smack-and-growl tournament, Kagome walked away from them to the younger Kagome.

"Go away," the girl said in a bland tone, a growl coming from her throat.

"Hey, Kag... I--"

"I said go away," she said with slightly more menace in her tone. Kagome was taken aback at her rudeness, but was not so when she reminded herself this was Inuyasha's child. This also served to depress her, reminding her that she was only Inuyasha's, and she had no claim to this child.

"Listen, Kag," Kagome tired again in a stern voice. "Inuyasha--"

"If my own father doesn't want me and my mother left, I don't see any reason for me to stay."

"Listen, Kag. 'Kay? He's just surprised is all," Kagome said, continuing before the girl could argue. "What did your mother tell you, anyway?" Did she mention she raped him and used her miko powers to empregnate herself to torture him beause she hates him but used to think she loved him?" Kag looked at the elder girl in alarm, her eyes wide. Kagome instantly felt a wash of pity come over her, and she regretted being so mean to her. "What... did she tell you?"

"That... she loved him deeply, but her feelings were not returned," she began, frowning at the ground. "She said he mated with her... then left for her copy. Shealso said he was a cold-hearted bastard that didn't give a damn about anyone but himself, and he probably left her copy just like he left her. I see now that she was right. There's no copy of her here." Kagome smiled half-heartedly at that.

"No," she replied. "I am her reincarnation... that she either calls her replacement or copy. Kikyou raped Inuyasha and used her miko powers to make him get her pregnet against his will."

"Wh... why-why would she. why would she do that...?!" Kag asked almost frantically. Kagome didn't know what to say to that. "Just... be blunt. Give me the bottom line." Kag urged. Kagome shrugged, wishing she hadn't asked so sincerely.

"Your mother was jealous," Kagome let out. "Did she tell you about all the times she tried to kill me?"

"No..." Kag frowned. "But she did tell me about the times you tried to kill her." Kagome slapped her hand to her forehead. "Don't... don't worry about it." Kag shook her head. "I get it. But now basically I'm alone. Inuyasha obviously doesn't want me here," she added, jerking her chin toward said still-bickering hanyou. Kagome sighed.

"He might not want you here right now," Kagome began, "but that's because Kikyou hates him and wanted him to go to hell with her, but now that she can't do that, she wanted to torment him and he knows that. At least he doesn't want to kill you, right?" she added hopefully.

Kag continued to look at the fighting group, a frown on her face as she nodded once.

"Look, I don't mean to turn you against your mom or anything, and especially not your dad. But Kikyou was just... evil... and... sick, basically." Kagome felt that she was just digging herself a hole six feet deeper.

"If I'm given to Lord Sesshoumaru... he will kill me."

Kagome cleared her throat and stood up, offering a hand to Kag.

"Jeez you're a pessimist. I won't let him turn you over to Sesshoumaru." Kagome smiled reassuringly as Kag looked at her hand. "Don't worry, Kag!" In truth Kagome didn't know wether she was saying this to herself or the girl in front of her. Despite this, Kag took her hand and allowed her to assist her to her feet.

Together both Kagomes made their way to the calming group, Miroku and Sango's weapons flying through the air. At least it was in the opposite direction from the house this time.

~~~~~~~~~~

Y'know, this seems a lot longer when it's on paper.

Review please, but don't feel that you have to.
Converting /tmp/phpQLXJoG to /dev/stdout