InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Kikyo Fic" (title subject to change) ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimers: I don't own Inuyasha and co., but the little Kagome (Kikyou's daughter) belongs to me. Ain't she sweet? *crickets chirp* Oh screw you, you'll see.

old A/N: Kagome seemed really mean in the last chapter. I hope no one minded...

neo A/N... that's what new ANs will be. N/A/N: This is what you get when I'm allowed to stay up until 1am because my sister isn't home. I should be playing FF10... Eh, after this chapter. You people have been way too patient with me. You deserve this.

Oh yeah, TwinBladeZero: AWESOME title!! Aibou and I couldn't stop laughing for a solid twenty minutes. Unfortunately, it wouldn't quite work for this fic because you've basically (coughcough) seen the last (coughcough) of Kikyou (coughcough).

RG: I haven't personally read anything where InuYasha was raped before. I forgot letters... I think I do that a lot. >.< Rehhhh... The song and the blood scene... you really think so? (blink)

Aibou says to get on with it, so I will. (Aibou: I didn't say anything...)

~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks passed since Kikyou left her child with Inuyasha and Kagome. Though Inuyasha didn't like the fact that she was Kikyou's, he didn't turn her out. It only went to show he was kind at heart, despite what he said.

Everyone took to calling Kikyou's Kagome "Kag," so as to keep from confusing everyone. Kag didn't seem to mind. From her viewpoint, it was better than changing her name all together.

Kag ate little and slept less. Even after the two weeks, she wasn't quite comfortable, or maybe it was that she didn't want to be comfortable. She was still having a hard time believing it all. One of her sleepless nights, she heard Inuyasha and Kagome talking on the roof.

"It should have been impossible..." Inuyasha had said. "Kikyou wasn't even really alive. And the way she acted... you'd never think she'd want a child."

"I know," Kagome agreed. "But she must have cared something for her if she kept her."

"True."

No. Her mother wasn't like that. She was a kind and caring woman who healed injured people. These people didn't know anything about her!

"Why do you think she kept her?" Kagome. No, Kagome wouldn't think of getting rid of her. She was a nice lady. Almost as nice as her mother.

"I honestly don't know."

Rediculous! Her mother kept her because she loved her! ... Didn't she?

Silence followed. Were they talking? No, they couldn't be. They couldn't leave off like that. She had to know what her mother had done.

She heard them shift, and she perked her ears forward.

"I love you," Kagome volunteered. No, that wasn't what she wanted to hear!

"And I you," Inuyasha replied. Oh please. He was just using her!! "Thank you for staying with me."

"How could I do anything else?" Oh Gods. She was falling for it! Wake UP, Kagome!! Inuyasha probably hadn't even marked her! He didn't mark her mother, so how could he do so with her?!

It was one of the nights she thought until daybreak. Kagome and Inuyasha didn't come back until mid-morning the next day. When tehy did, Kagome carried firewood while Inuyasha had a deer over his shoulders. They didn't fool her. She knew what they were up to. They were trying for a child of their own. No one else seemed to notice.

Shippo went out earlier, and now came back with an armload of plums. He handed one to Kag, and she hesitantly accepted it. She took small bites, while Shippo bit off a whole quarter of his plum.

"Don't eat that fast," Inuyasha scolded. "You'll get--"

"*Hic!*" Shippo suddenly announced.

"Hiccups," Inuyasha finished pointlessly.

One of the little kuma kittens slowly pawed its way to Kag, its dark crimson and sapphire eyes sparked in curiosity. It pawed her foot, and gave a small "weow". Kag ignored it.

Another small kuma tackled the one by Kag's foot, and they ran out of the house to play. Kirara followed to keep an eye on her young, knowing Sango and Miroku would watch the others.

Hw could they be so calm and trusting, when a coldhearted hanyou was sitting right there?!

She'd give it another week, then she'd make her desicion.

~*~

"KIYAAAAAA!!!"

Kagome's scream from the outside woke everyone from slumber. Kag bolted upright, and found the kuma kittens at her feet. They were hissing at her, their fur bristling.

Damn. She had fallen asleep.

Kagome stood at the doorway, leaning against the frame. Her face was pale with fright, and Inuyasha was beside her in a flash.

Too late did Kag see what was wrong. She looked up to see a shimmering orb of blueish white light. It flickered red, and Kag knew what it was.

Shippo jumped on her stomach, tail bristling like the kumas'.

"What did you do?!" he shouted. Kagom couldn't reply. Her throat had developed a knot. "That soul orb was floating around you!!"

"No, you don't understand!" Kag blurted out, getting to her feet and knocking Shippo off of her. She stood below the soul-orb, and reached out her hands. The soul floated down to her fingers.

"What... what are you..." Sango couldn't finish her sentence.

"I really should bring this back to my mother," Kag said softly. A vision of walking the cold ground carrying the flickering soul to her decaing mother flashed through hermind, followed by one of Kagome playing iwht Shippo and the kuma kittens. She'd have to make her choice now.

Kag curled her fingers around the orb. She took slow, measured steps toward the door where Kagome and Inuyasha still stood. She still had loyalties to her mother, but she was developing a friendship with Kagome. She was friends with Kagome, but Kikyou was still her mother. Kag looked at the orb, and then met Kagome's gaze.

Kag held the orb out to the elder girl. The orb flashed white, and flickered. It softly floated over to Kagome, and the glow enveloped her, vanishing into her skin.

Kag sniffed. She cold feel the tears pricking at the back of her eyes, but refused to let them come. Kag finally got down on her knees and buried her face in her hands, sobs shaking her small frame. So this was what it felt like to know that you had betrayed someone. To feel guilty...

Inuyasha kneeled beside the little girl and wrapped his amrs around her shoulders. He'd never understand why girls cried when they weren't hurt.

Kag buried her face in his haori, fisting her hands on his sleeves. Everyone was shocked into silence at what Kag had done.

She returned Kagome's soul!

~*~

Kag cried herself to sleep in Inuyasha's arms. Inuyasha moved to lean against a wall, and Kagome sat next to him. It seemed to be too late for anyone to get back to sleep, though Shippo and Kag succeeded without trouble. Inuyasha and Sango stayed inside while Miroku went out to chop wood.

Kagome rested, leaning against Inuyasha's shoulder for a few minutes before kissing him good bye, and headed into the village. A while later, Miroku brought in the chopped firewood, and he and Sango began to prepare the food.

Shippo was the first of the two remaining children to wake.

It was just another lazy day.

Just as Inuyasha thought this, a boy ran into the hut, out of breath.

"Ka... Kagome-sama... needs...needs... your help.. Inu... yasha... sama," he panted, gesturing out the door with his thumb. Inuyasha carefully but quickly gave Kag to Sango, and grabbed the boy by his waist as he ran out the door.

~*~

Kagome shot her last arrow at the large youkai that had attacked the village.

"Bring me the dead girl!" the giant snake youkai roared before lunging at Kagome.

In a blur of red and white, Kagome was pulled off to the side and out of the way of the strike. The youkai roared in anger.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha asked. "Why's he attacking?"

"I don't know," Kagome admitted as he picked her up again and jumped away from the lashing snake. "He keeps saying to bring him the 'dead girl,'"

"Dead girl?"

Inuyasha jumped into a tree and sat Kagome down. He lauched at the snake as it lunged at him. Inuyasha drew the Tetsusaiga and let the youkai's own momentum slice him through, blood spilling onto his hands.

Once the snake was cut in half, it writhed for all of three seconds before spontaniosly combusting.

Inuyasha and Kagome stared at the sparks of light flitting down from teh sky because of the serpent. Through the air was a continuous hiss: "The dead girl will be ours."

"I-Inuyasha," Kagome whispered to the hanyou, who's ears were twisting like mad. "What did it mean by dead girl?"

Inuyasha froze for a split second in realization before jumpind to the tree Kagome was in and grabbing her around the waist. In a flash they were back in teh clearing their house stood in. Before Kaogme could blink, they were inside.

Inuyasha relaxed his grip, and kagome stubled in a wave of dizzyness. Her hand automatically flew to cling to the front of his haori to steady herself.

"Where's the kid?" Inuyasha asked Sango and Miroku gruffly. Sango blinked in surprise, as did Miroku.

"Shippo took her to the river to bathe," Miroku supplied. "They should be back shortly if you--"

Before he could finish his sentence, Inuyasha had torn out of the house with Kagome in tow. At seeing that urgency, the two grabbed their weapons and took persuit, Kirara transforming and her kittens jumping onto her back along with the two humans.

They were halfway to the river when Miroku realized something.

"Where's the fifth kitten?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Another frustrating attempt at a fight scene in here. I almost pulled my hair out while I was typing it up. >.< I really don't know what else to say, and I hope I can make this fic clearer when I type it up. God, my handwriting was horrible... >D
Converting /tmp/phpUwQuGQ to /dev/stdout