InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Eighteen: ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
 
 
 
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot of this story.
 
 
 
 
Chapter Eighteen:
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Tao smirked at his uncle. Inuyasha was whimpering and rubbing the cheek that his mother had smacked.
 
"You deserved it…" Tao warned, shaking his head.
 
"Shuddup." Inuyasha grumbled before stepping off the elevator. "So
where'd you say your father was going?"
 
"He said he'll be with a colleague in the lounge eating, dinner." Tao said, squatting down behind a large plant.
 
Inuyasha nodded and did the same. "There he is." He said, pointing towards a silver haired man sitting at a table.
 
Tao nodded and crawled into the plant, yanking his uncle after him. "I'll bet you 10 bucks that he's meeting another woman." Tao said.
 
"Keh…even I'm not that stupid. Fine." Inuyasha agreed, taking out a pair of binoculars. They watched the entrance to the hotel and perked up when a pretty blonde haired woman, walked in, wearing nice dinner dress. Tao watched sadly as his father stood up and greeted her with a bow and she with a kiss on each of his cheeks.
 
"Dammit…" Inuyasha growled, taking out his wallet and producing a 10 dollar bill.
 
Tao pocketed the money and began to crawl out only to be pulled back in my Inuyasha.
 
"What do you think you're doing!? You wanna get caught!?"
 
"I need to get closer! I want to find out what they're talking about." Tao said, crawling all the way out again.
 
Inuyasha grunted a 'be careful' and stayed in his spot to keep watch.
 
Tao crawled underneath the nearest table, thankful that the white table cloths were down to the floor. Lifting the other side, he peered around to the next closest table and charged out for it----only to be abruptly tripped over by a waiter carrying a large tray of food.
 
Tao gasped and cringed when the sound of breaking glass and women gasping crashed throughout the prestige and high class restaurant. He quickly evaded being seen and dove under the next table. Finally, he was under the table right next to his father's.
 
"How have you been, Renaux (Reh-no)?" He heard his father say.
 
"Oh you know…ze same old thing. And you?" The woman said in a thick French accent.
 
"I am well." Sesshoumaru said.
 
 
<i>'Uh-huh…and I'm a monkey's uncle, dad…'</i> Tao rolled his eyes and listened closely.
 
"Have you the contracts?" His father asked.
 
"Ah…zat I do, my dear." Renaux said, her sickly sweet voice making goosebumps rise on Tao's skin.
 
There was silence for a moment before the sound of his father's grunt of approval was heard.
 
"They seem reasonable enough. Are you wanting to continue with this?" Sesshoumaru asked.
 
"But of course, monsieur! Do you doubt my ability to negotiate with a foreign colleague of mine? Oh no no no no." Renaux laughed heartily.
 
Tao sighed and was about to crawl back out when the chairs, of the table he was sitting under were pulled out and two pairs of legs were suddenly squishing him closer to himself. Hugging his knees to his chest, he bit his lip and moved his head out of the way just in time to avoid a male's pant clad knee coming towards his nose. Just as he did that, the back of his head collided with the woman's panty-hosed knee, receiving a twitch and a giggle from the woman.
 
"Roman…you are such a trickster…" She cooed in a thick British accent.
 
Tao could smell the confusion on the male before it turned into smugness.
 
Straining his ears, by flicking them every so often, he could catch tidbits of his father's conversation with his 'colleague' Renaux.
 
"Why didn't you call?" Came Renaux voice.
 
He heard his father mumble something incoherent and he began to wonder the exact same thing.
 
"Oh…well aren't you and your wife divorced yet?" Tao felt his hackles rise.
 
"No." Came his father's short reply.
 
Tao sighed and picked some imaginary lint from the knee of his jeans.
 
He heard footsteps come to the table he was under, and as the waiter took the couples' orders in French, Tao carefully leaned forward and tied the man's shoelaces together. Smirking when the loud "OOF!" was heard when the waiter turned away, he quickly crawled from his hiding space to a larger table. He was praying that the people around him were distracted by the man who fell so he could make a the great escape.
 
That hope was crushed when he suddenly felt something tightly grasp itself around his ankle and yank him from underneath the table.
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru internally sighed. The woman across from him was so irritating. She was Renaux Contezac. A prestigious and sordidly rich businessman's daughter. Ever since he could remember, his father and hers had been trying to get them together. That's when Kagome came in and stole his mind and heart forever.
 
Thankfully.
 
Now…seeing as they were separated, his father must've mentioned this to hers…and so she'd come running to him to 'comfort him in a time of need' as she had put it. It was more of "Let's see how long it'll take for me to get into your pants Sesshoumaru," to her.
 
He had no sick intention of ever bedding her. Ever. Or anyone else ever again.
 
Renaux was in the middle of saying something, while stroking his hand, when someone yelped loudly followed by the crash of something crashing. Jerking his head to the origin of the noise, he snorted when he saw a waiter laying on the floor, covered in food, and looking frantically around him.
 
Shaking him, he turned back to the French woman across from him.
 
"As I was saying, my dear…" Renaux continued. He'd pulled his hand away from under hers when she'd looked over at the waiter and seemed surprised to find that it wasn't there any longer.
 
She was droning on and on and he listened rather reluctantly to her boring discussion about how her father's company was one of the largest and most successful branches in the world. Honestly, he could care less.
 
He nodded silently in acknowledgment when an acquaintance walked by with a woman, and was seated at the table behind him. After another interruption, by the waiter bringing their dinner, Renaux finally decided to change the subject.
 
"So…Sesshoumaru. 'Ave you been to ze new museum downtown?" She asked, lifting her red wine to her crimson lips.
 
"I have not. I have heard that it was very interesting and has a wonderful display of artifacts, am I right?" He answered, his voice laced with boredom.
 
"Oooh. Eet does. We should go zometime." She suggested.
 
Suddenly, a loud "OOF" was heard and a waiter crashed to the floor right next to their table. Looking down in disgust, a flash of something darting underneath a large table next to his caught his eye. He recognized the bottom of the 'things' shoe immediately. Faster than lightning, he jumped up and was yanking Tao from underneath the table by the ankle.
 
Frowning and looking down at his son, who currently hanging upside down, he glared and ignored the startled whispers around him.
 
Tao smiled sheepishly and gave a nervous chuckle. "Uh…hiya dad."
 
Sesshoumaru glared before turning back to a surprised Renaux. "If you'll excuse me, Miss Contezac…I need to have a few words with my son."
 
With that he left, still carrying Tao upside down. Just as he was leaving the restaurant's doorway, he heard a shuffle from the plant next to him and he snatch another ankle.
 
"Two birds with one stone." He growled, looking down at his son and then at Inuyasha, who was still in shock from how fast he was yanked out.
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
Kagome finished putting the final touches onto her make-up and was just slipping on her silk shall when her room's telephone rang.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Mrs. Kagiyama? A Mr. Hojo Takinawa is here to see you." The woman at the front desk spoke in broken Japanese.
 
"Thank you. Could you please tell him that I'll be right down?" She asked. "Thanks again."
 
Hanging up, she hurriedly went over to the mirror and gave herself one last overlook. Frowning and grumbling at how her very pregnant belly stuck out like a sore thumb, she sighed and left the apartment.
 
Tonight…she was meeting the director of a company who wants to buy her designs. She was so incredibly excited. Hojo Takinawa was actually an old friend from high school and she was entirely happy to see him once again. He was actually, afterall, part French considering the way his hair was a sandy blonde rather than a dark obsidian like most Asians.
 
'Hopefully he won't think too much about this blubber belly of mine.' She smiled, patting her belly in affection.
 
'Don't worry baby…you're a perfect little bubble of blubber.' She chuckled lightly before entering the elevator and pushing the "Lobby" button.
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru carried both Inuyasha and Tao, by the ankles and still upside down, into an elevator and dropped them unceremoniously onto the floor. Pushing a jumble of buttons he waited until they were between floors before pushing the "Emergency Button". The elevator came to a jerking halt, making Tao tumble against his uncle.
 
Sesshoumaru removed his cufflinks and growled lowly.
 
"Inuyasha…what in God's name are you doing in France?" He demanded.
 
"What?! Can't I come and see the sights of a different country while visiting my favorite nephew!?" Inuyasha exclaimed, standing up and crossing his arms.
 
Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow and stared his younger half-brother down. He could detect a jump in Inuyasha's blood, meaning that Inuyasha was fibbing somewhere but Sesshoumaru chose to brush it off. Turning to look at his son, he crossed his arms as well.
 
"Tell me Tao. What were you doing, diving underneath tables?"
 
"Uh…I…um…lost my wallet!" Tao laughed nervously only to gulp when his father's glare turned into a 'double' glare.
 
"All right…I just wanted to know who you were really seeing." Tao answered truthfully, looking guiltily down at his father's shined dress shoes.
 
Sesshoumaru lifted both eyebrows so high they disappeared beneath his hairline.
 
"Why?"
 
"Because…I don't…I just don't want mother to be anymore sad than she already is." Tao answered quietly.
 
Sesshoumaru sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Squatting down so he was nose to nose with his son, he spoke. "Renaux Contezac is only a colleague with a company that is merging with mine. Nothing else. Now…tomorrow we leave for London and I hope to be ready by tonight."
 
Tao perked up and smiled. "Can uncle come!?"
 
Sesshoumaru frowned before glaring up at his brother, who shrugged and scoffed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome exited the elevator and frowned when she saw a large group of people rushing towards the one she'd just exited. "Wow…what's with all of the people?"
 
"The other elevator was stopped by the emergency button between the 21st and 22nd floor." Came a familiar voice from behind her.
 
Grinning, she turned around and found herself facing a smiling Hojo.
 
"Hojo! It's so wonderful to see you again!" She exclaimed, hurrying over and throwing her arms around his shoulders.
 
"It's wonderful to see you too, Kagome. I must you look as lovely as ever and so very…" He paused and pulled back to look her over before grinning.
 
"So very pregnant."
 
Kagome laughed and hugged him again.
 
"I've missed you Hojo." She said quietly.
 
Hojo sighed and said quietly into her ear. "I've missed you too Kagome."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tao collapsed onto his bed after packing his bags and watched as his uncle flipped grumpily through French dialect channels on the television.
 
"You know…you don't have to come if you don't want too, uncle." He said, yawning and stretching out onto his bed.
 
Inuyasha grunted. "Yeah I know…but hey. I'd never pass up a free vacation. I don't have to pay for anything so I might as well."
 
Tao snorted and sat up. "I'm sorry for dragging you all the way out here to France from Japan for nothing, uncle."
 
"Nah…don't worry about it. I needed a vacation anyways." Inuyasha said, shrugging and settling on a channel with a soccer game.
 
Tao sighed and glanced at the clock. 'We'll be leaving early in the morning. I should go and say goodnight and bye to mother.'
 
Standing up and stretching once again, he was at the door when he heard voices out in the hallway.
 
"Goodnight Hojo…I have a wonderful time tonight." Came his mother's voice.
 
A man's deep voice rumbled quietly in response and Tao had to lean his ear against the door to hear better.
 
"I did as well Kagome. Um…" He trailed off.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome smiled up at Hojo at his stuttering. She knew what was coming…he was always so nervous before he kissed her, after their dates in high school.
 
"Yes, Hojo. You can." She said quietly.
 
Hojo smiled, a pink tint splashing against his cheeks. He hesitantly raised his hands and cupped her face, guiding his to hers.
 
He gave a small peck on the lips before pulling back.
 
Kagome opened her eyes and bit her lip, before pulling him back for another kiss, only this one was more intensified.
 
 
Suddenly, as soon it started Hojo was suddenly yanked away and was being held to the floor by a snarling Tao.
 
 
"TAO!" Kagome yelled, lunging forward and attempting to pull her son from her dates body. Tao raised a fist and landed a punch on Hojo's nose, breaking it.
 
"INUYASHA!" Kagome screamed. Inuyasha was there in a split second and he snarled, darting forward and yanking a snarling, transformed Tao, from Hojo's body and back into the bedroom.
 
 
Kagome gasped and quickly lifted Hojo's head in her lap.
 
"Oh my god, Hojo…I'm so sorry."
 
Hojo grinned, albeit somewhat painfully. "No Kagome…it is my fault. I forgot how possessive dog youkai are."
 
Kagome shook her head and helped him to his feet. "Come on. Let's get you cleaned up." She led him into the kitchen and immediately ordered Chise and Riku, who were lounging on the couch, to fetch a warm washcloth, her first aid kit, and a bag of ice.
 
"You don't have to do this." Hojo said, his voice somewhat nasally.
 
"I do though…I'd forgotten that Tao was staying with his father in the room across from mine. It's my fault you've got a broken nose." She said shaking her head.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
Inuyasha was sitting on the edge of Tao's bed watching a sleeping Tao.
 
After roughly pinning the snarling transformed boy to the bed, he'd managed to stick his nephew with an emergency sedative he carried with him, in case of him, Inuyasha, transforming.
 
Inuyasha was afraid. The last time Tao had transformed into a raging uncontrollable demon, was when he'd gotten into a fight at school. Tao had sent the bully to the hospital with 3 broken ribs, a fractured arm, a broken wrist, and a broken nose.
 
Tao had gone to counseling and had greatly improved. He was then transferred to a private school where demons and humans mingled somewhat more equally than any other place.
 
"What made you go off your rocker, Tao?" He asked quietly to the sleeping boy.
 
A knock on the suite's door brought him away from his nephew and to whoever it was on the other side. He sighed when the scent of lavender assaulted his nose.
 
Opening the door, Kagome was suddenly in his arms and was frantically apologizing over and over again.
 
"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done that! It's all my fault! God, I'm so sorry----"
 
 
"Kagome! Shuddup!" He laughed, hugging her back and closing the door behind her.
 
"Is he all right?" She asked, pulling back and worriedly looking up him.
 
Inuyasha nodded and led her to the bedroom. "You're lucky I brought my sedatives with me. I almost forgot them back home."
 
Kagome sighed and nodded before moving to her son's bed. Sitting on the edge she brushed some loose bangs from his face and leaned down, kissing his forehead.
 
"What did you do to make him transform?" Inuyasha asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe.
 
Kagome laughed quietly and stood up. "I kissed Hojo."
 
 
"Hojo?! You mean Hoho from high school?!" Inuyasha exclaimed loudly.
 
"SHHH!" She hissed, darting over to him and pulling him out into the livingroom.
 
"Yes…I was on a date with him tonight and I guess Tao was at the right place at the wrong time. He didn't do anything wrong. His youkai instinct kicked in and told him to protect his mother from anyone who was doing something that only his father was allowed to do." Kagome explained, sighing and sitting on the couch.
 
Inuyasha sighed as well before stiffening.
 
"Kagome?" He asked quietly.
 
"What?" She asked, standing up and smoothing out invisible wrinkles on her dress. When Inuyasha didn't answer, she looked up and followed his panicked gaze to the doorway behind her.
 
She felt her stomach drop to her feet at the sight of a livid Sesshoumaru standing there, his hand still on the doorknob.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
I hope you can forgive me! The reason Sesshoumaru didn't find out Kagome was pregnant in the last chapter was because I decided to be the bitch I am and not…let him…find out. Yeah. That didn't make any sense. Oh well. Thank you all for the wonderful reviews!
 
I WILL get to writing out individual reviews as soon as I can find the time. I HAVE been very lazy and I know that my life has been on the line more than few times (some too close for comfort). So…when I receive 20 reviews! I'll make a promise to have individual reviews…
 
AND TWO EXTRA CHAPTERS WHEN I UPDATE NEXT! How's that sound?
 
 
 
 
 
REMEMBER! REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
180 reviews + 20 reviews = 200 REVIEWS! WOOT!
 
 
Oh. And this is to "ILOVEInuyasha07". I decided, quite frankly by accident, to NOT have Sesshoumaru find out about the baby in 3 chapters…he'll find out…maybe---in the next one. Okay?!
 
 
 
Ta, lovelies!
 
 
RisuBento
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO