InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Nineteen: ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Like a Battery-
By: RisuBento
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot of this story.
Chapter Nineteen:
oo0O0oo
Kagome slowly opened her eyes and looked to the right of her. Chise and Riku were both flipping through a magazine in a feverish fashion and were giggling at the sight of certain outfits.
If only she could be that mellow and nonchalant about things... Yawning slightly, she sat up and placed a hand on her belly when the baby kicked. Smiling sadly she recalled the night before.
Flashback
Kagome gulped and watched as a shocked and angered looking Sesshoumaru stood at the doorway, a hand still clutching the doorknob.
She turned back to Inuyasha and gave him a look that said, 'Take Tao and get out. NOW.' Inuyasha nodded did just that and went into the bedroom, coming out moments later with a still sleeping Tao in his arms.
When the suite's door closed, she slowly turned around to face her husband, who was standing as stiff as a board. His hands were clenched at his sides and his jaw was grinding together.
It was a long while before anyone spoke and it was she who started.
"Uh...hello. Sesshoumaru." She said, bowing forward in respect.
The silence was still there and it was painfully eating away at her nerves. "Aren't you going to say anything!" She snapped, looking back up at him.
His hands were still clenched and his jaws was twitching...but the look in his eyes is what made her flinch. They were filled with...hurt? No...that couldn't be. Why would he be so vulnerable in front of her...showing emotion and stuff?
Standing up straight again, she swallowed and placed a hand, out of habit, onto her belly, when the baby kicked. Sesshoumaru seemed to contemplate on whether or not to come forward and do whatever he was wanting to do to her.
Scoffing quietly, she shook her head and was walking towards the door when he reached out and snagged her into his arms. Struggling with a squeal and pushing against his chest, she only managed to get herself pulled closer to him.
"Sesshoumaru. Let me go." She said sternly.
"Is it mine?" He suddenly asked.
"What?" Did she hear him right?
He sighed and nuzzled gently against her neck. "Is it...mine?"
Kagome felt the hurt boil up in her and she shoved him away from her. "Of course it is. What did you think I was? Some whore like the one you're fucking behind my back?"(O.O! Potty mouth Kagome!)
Sesshoumaru sighed and closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose tediously. "Kagome...let's not bring this up right now."
"And why not? Isn't this what started this entire mess in the first place!" She hissed, taking her hand from the doorknob.
Sesshoumaru slowly opened his eyes and turned his red tinted eyes onto her form. She gulped and felt her stomach drop down to her feet.
"Fine. If you insist on speaking about my infidelities, let's discuss yours, shall we?" He growled, stepping closer to her.
She took a step back and put a hand to her chest, trying to stop her heart from bursting from her body. "I---I don't know what you're talking about..." She started lamely, backing up all the way until she was pressed against the wall.
"I know about your little "tryst" with Bankotsu Terada. I could smell you all over him...the day he came into my office for an interview." Sesshoumaru noted, stepping closer and closer.
Kagome bit her lip and felt her eyes fill with tears...because she knew that she'd been found out. "I...I just wanted to get you back for going behind my back...with Kagura." She whispered, closing her eyes and wincing when she felt his sweet warm breath on her face. He placed both of his hands on the wall, on either side of her head, effectively trapping her from escape. "It was a mistake...all of it was...I know that I should have never done that...But that doesn't mean you should done that either..." She whispered, tears falling from her eyes.
Sesshoumaru ignored her and knelt down to his knees before her, and cupped her belly, nuzzling it with his nose. He began to make a "purr" sound deep within his chest. Kagome felt more tears rise in her eyes at the memory of it all. He did the same thing when she was pregnant with Tao. He said that it was a custom for Inu-Youkai to "welcome" the newly conceived into the world by speaking softly in Inu-Youkai. He also said that it was better for them to hear it through the mother's womb. She'd asked why, and he just shrugged and said he didn't know himself.
"Sess...Sesshoumaru...I don't think..." She started only to be cut off when he pressed two claws against a pressure point on her hip. That point was, to Inu-Youkai, a submission point and when pressed the female bitch loses all sense of feeling and goes slack. Just so you all know...that's only temporary.
Kagome gasped and started falling to the ground after her legs gave out, only to be caught into Sesshoumaru's arms before she hit the floor.
He picked her up and carried her into the bedroom. For some reason she knew what was coming and wasn't objecting to it. Maybe because it'd been too long since she'd been with him. Or hadn't been 'near' him in such a long while. He did the exact same thing when she'd told him she was pregnant with Tao. They'd made love that night and he'd held her so tenderly the entire time----as if she was going to shatter along with the baby.
She knew they were doing that as well tonight. Right then. She didn't object when he placed her on the bed and gently slipped her dress off followed by her undergarments, all the while placing soft kisses on her jaw, neck, and collarbones. He'd held her so softly and gently again, that when he'd entered her from behind, with her on all fours (A/N: What can I say? He's a dog! ;P) she began to cry at the tenderness of it all.
Afterwards, Kagome lay awake in his arms contemplating what she was really wanting to do with her life. Was she really happy with him...? Did she really want to depend on him so much any longer?
That very morning, she'd made the decision that would affect her for the rest of her life.
End Flashback
Looking down at her bare ring finger, she sighed and closed her eyes. She'd left her wedding band and engagement ring along with note on the pillow next to his on the bed. The said a simple "Sorry." That's all she could really think of at the moment. She was so ashamed to having to go through with this. But...if she wanted to have a new life with no one to depend on fully, then she needed to take charge and run right into the circus called reality.
Tao...now he was different story. She hadn't seen him that morning. Chise and Riku said that Inuyasha had taken him to a different hotel down the street. Smart guy.
Tao probably wouldn't understand this new development at all. He was too naive for something like this when he was so young. She was so angry with herself for putting this mess onto her son...but...she wasn't happy. And she didn't think Tao would be any happier if she'd forced herself to stay with Sesshoumaru. If she did that, then they would've continued to fight, no doubt about that.
Shaking her head she turned her gaze back to her friends. Sango wasn't with them. Hell, she didn't even know where Sango had run off too. Well, if and when she ever came back to the agency, Kagome wouldn't be able to give back her job to her friend. The sad truth, but Sango neglected to do her job in France and probably wouldn't be able to back home in Japan either.
Shaking her head, she easily concluded that it had something to do with whoever that man was in the bathroom with Sango. No doubt they've run off and eloped at some French casino. That's how Sango had always seemed to be like. Someone who didn't want to have a humongo wedding with a bagillion people...no. She was someone who would go off and marry a guy she just met, without a care in the world. Yep. That is...until it finally hits her that she was married to some guy that she'd just met.
Oh man. Was she really in for it this time.
oo0O0oo
Sesshoumaru clutched the balled up piece of paper in his hand and watched as the shapes of people and vehicles fly by in a blur. She'd just…up and left. No words…nothing.
Except that note that said a simple, "Sorry" and to his greatest dismay, her engagement ring and her wedding band. He was…hurt. It WAS mostly his fault in the first place. Dammit! If only he hadn't been dumb enough to let Kagura in his office that day…he would have never…
Sighing, he leaned his head against the limo's window and closed his eyes.
"Father? Are you well?" Came his sons voice. Opening his eyes, he lifted and turned his neck so he was gazing down at his son.
"I am…fine." He said, somewhat pathetically. Inuyasha made a face at Tao, who in turn frowned back in confusion.
"Are you sure father?" Tao asked, sitting up and placing an arm on his father's forearm.
Sesshoumaru continued to gaze down at his son for a moment before slowly pulling him into his arms, hugging him.
Tao was surprised at first, but he just smiled and hugged his father around the neck. Sesshoumaru closed his eyes and inhaled the scent of his son…his pup. He had the faint scent of lavender mixed in with his own. Opening his eyes he found a slack mouth and wide eyed Inuyasha gaping at him. He only glared and continued to embrace his son.
Inuyasha's thoughts…"I think hell just froze over 50 times with a butt-load of burnt Ramen on top."
oo0O0oo
I know. I KNOW! It's short. But I promise that the next one IS to be longer!
Thanks to everyone for reviewing!
KEEP 'EM COMING!
Ta, Lovelies!
RisuBento