InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Twenty-Two: ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the title and the plot of this story.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Twenty-Two:
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
It was all his fault. His mother was in labor 2 months early and it was entirely his fault. If only he hadn't thought he was dreaming about tug-of-war…then she wouldn't be having his little brother or sister 2 months early.
 
Tao was currently sitting in the waiting room of the hospital and was fidgeting profusely in nervousness. Was she all right? Was 'he' all right? What if something went wrong? What if his brother or sister…doesn't make it? Would his parents hate him…would they still hate each other? Sighing and resting his head against the wall behind him, he recalled the time when his father and mother were going to try for another baby. He'd thought that if that's what made them happier…then so be it. He'd accept it 100 percent.
 
But…would they still hate one another after the baby was born? Was mother still…going to want a divorce?
 
 
He wasn't able to think about it any longer because the waiting room's door came swinging open and in came a nurse dressed in light blue scrubs.
 
"Are you the Kagiyama's son?" She asked with a sweet smile on her face.
 
He nodded and waited the news----good or bad.
 
"Well…your mother hasn't given birth yet, but they've both agreed upon the decision that they want you to name your little sibling." She smiled.
 
His eyes went wide and his mouth dropped open. "Th-they want 'me' to name it?!" The nurse nodded.
 
'Oh man…what am I suppose to have---a baby name book on me!?' He grumbled to himself, before flopping down into his vacated seat. Sighing, he began to ponder.
 
What is that he wanted the most in the world? 'For mom and dad to be together…'
 
"Hajime…if it's a boy." He said. The nurse nodded and made a note of it on a pad of paper.
 
'And if they're together and are living peacefully…they're living in'… "Harmony…"
 
"And…Chowa (Choo-wa ---long 'o' ryhmes with "toe") if it's a girl. Cho for short." He mumbled. The nurse smiled and left him alone once again.
 
'Oh man…'
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
Kagome groaned when a dull throb of pain met against her spinal cord.
 
"I can't believe this is happening again…" She mumbled glancing out of the window.
 
Sesshoumaru stood next to her, his blazer coat gone and his tie loosened. He stood leaning against the bed rails, just watching everyone as they bustled around the room. Glancing down as the sweating woman on the bed, he couldn't help but let a small smile stain his lips. She was absolutely beautiful, even when she was sweaty and tired. She was radiating the scent of fatigue and sadness. Reaching out, he took hold of her limp hand in his and brought it to his lips. She slowly looked over and looked up at him with a small smile.
 
"You'd better be glad that you're never able to give birth." She mumbled, allowing him to kiss her knuckles. He chuckled and dropped her hand, but kept it within his own.
 
"Mrs. Kagiyama…it's about time we give you your epideral." A doctor said, a kind smile gracing his doctored face.
 
Kagome groaned and waited a moment, before hoisting herself up and draping her legs over the side of the bed. She leaned against Sesshoumaru, her forehead against his chest and her hands resting on his biceps. Sesshoumaru wrapped his arms around upper torso and waited. Kagome hissed and let out a sharp cry when the large needle went into her lower back; spinal column. Almost within an instant, the bottom half of her body was becoming numb.
 
She was laid back once again and her legs were hoisted up onto a pair of stirrups attached to the bed.
 
She looked up at Sesshoumaru who was still holding her hand, and swallowed. "Sesshoumaru…I---I'm so sorry." She whispered.
 
Sesshoumaru knew what she was saying sorry for…sorry that she wanted a divorce…and that she still wanted one…even after all this.
 
It hurt. It truly cut him deep, to know that he was losing the only thing that had really warmed his heart in his entire life. But…he came to the conclusion that he didn't deserve her. She was a wild goose, needing to get out and flock with those of the same feather. She needed a free life. And that's what he would give her…if that meant she would be happy.
 
'I love you…my Kagome…' He thought as the doctor finally concluded that she was dilated enough for birth.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
 
Tao had fallen asleep and was finally awoken, by the same nurse as before, a mere 2 hours later.
 
"Excuse me Mr. Kagiyama...?" She said, patting him on the arm, wanting him to follow her.
 
He immediately stood up and followed her, albeit groggily, out of the waiting room and down towards the nursery.
 
Wait…the nursery?
 
"Hey…did my mother give birth yet?" He asked walking a little faster so he was walking side by side with her.
 
"Yes. She and the baby are just fine." She smiled, stopping at a door. "You can first look through the window and I'll see about your father."
 
She motioned for him to step in front of the large nursery window. He glanced around. Only a few bassinets were in there. A girl and two boys. He looked up and saw his father standing with his back to the window. He was holding something…
 
The nurse walked in and whispered something in Sesshoumaru's ear, who in turn, turned around and looked at the window, where Tao was standing. He hesitated for a moment before walking closer to the window and moving the blanket aside, revealing a newborn baby girl.
 
She had short silver hair and was as chubby as ever. She was currently suckling on a pacifier. As if sensing a blood relation nearby, other than their father, the babe slipped her eyes open, revealing electric blue eyes.
 
"Cho…" He whispered against the glass, looking fondly down at this younger sister.
 
Sesshoumaru stood up straight again covering Cho up again----he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was so tiny. Well, she was, after all, 2 months early.
 
Tao sighed and leaned his forehead against the glass, his breath fogging up his vision.
 
"Excuse me, Tao? Your mother wishes to see you." Came the nurse's voice beside him.
 
He nodded and took one last look his little sister before following the nurse into a room down the hallway.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru felt a lump in his throat form as he heard the coughing and gasping sounds coming from between his wife's legs. (A/N: That's a REALLY strange image…)
 
Kagome was turning red in the face from pushing and she was clutching his hand so tightly, he was sure that she'd broken or fractured a few bones. The lump was growing larger and he had to continue to swallow to keep it at bay. It was making it increasingly hard to breath and he was almost heaving for air by the time the baby finally came out.
 
Kagome collapsed back onto the bed and panted for air. She was still clutching his hand and seemed that she wasn't going to let anytime soon. A smack and then a sharp cry pierced the air and he felt the lump burst. He looked over at the doctor, wearing scrubs and a face mask, holding up the baby in a blanket and was cleaning it off.
 
"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Kagiyama…you have a daughter." The doctor smiled, handing the baby off to a nurse to be cleaned fully.
 
Kagome smiled and let out a choked sob.
 
Sesshoumaru looked down at his wife and leaned down to nuzzle his nose against her neck. Kagome wrapped her arms around his shoulders and cried into his silver tresses.
 
"Here we are…" Came the nurse next to him. He pulled back and watched as his daughter was given to Kagome, who was sitting up.
 
Kagome's bottom lip quivered as she looked down at the tiny baby in her arms. Sniffling a little, she looked up at Sesshoumaru and whispered.
 
"She's so beautiful, isn't she?"
 
He nodded, afraid to say anything else for fear of letting the burning sensation in his eyes overflow.
 
After the placenta was delivered and Kagome was cleaned up, and the baby was fed, Kagome admitted that she was extremely tired. He nodded and handed the baby to the nurse, who took it out into the hallway and down to the nursery.
 
Smiling slightly, he looked back down at his drowsy wife and sighed. Leaning down, he gently kissed her forehead and was just standing back when she whispered,
 
"I'm…sorry, Sesshoumaru." She then fell asleep, leaving him with another lump forming him in his throat. Turning back to the door, he left Kagome sleeping and headed down the nursery.
 
Stepping in, he was smiled at by the nurse and in turn she pointed to the closest bassinet to him, which held a sleeping baby in a pink blanket.
 
He cautiously walked over and hesitated before gently lifting his daughter from the plastic tub.
 
She was so tiny. She was 2 months early and yet…she was so beautiful. She seemed to almost radiate the scent of lavender and afterbirth…the same scent as Kagome. It was going to be hard…not being able to watch his daughter grow up through the most important stages of life. Her first steps…her first word…her first bite of adult food.
 
Sure he would probably be able to see her after the divorce…but only for a small amount of time. A few days at the most, when she and Tao came to stay with him. That's what he concluded…that after the divorce Tao and she would come to stay with him for the weekend, Friday through Sunday before heading back to their mother's.
 
Kagome…
 
'Dammit…everything I've built…hoped for…everything that I've loved----is crumbling before my very eyes. I am such a fool…a damned fool!'
 
Hearing a small little suckling down, he looked down and watched as his daughter suckled on her pacifier in her sleep. 'My daughter…Chowa… "Harmony". Cho…I wonder why Tao chose that name.' He pondered.
 
The door opened once again and in came the nurse, who walked over to him and whispered into his ear,
 
"Your son is by the window." She smiled, stepping back and nodding towards the large watching window.
 
Sesshoumaru turned around and found a sleepy looking Tao standing there with a curious look on his face. Sesshoumaru took a step and made his way to the window, all the while uncovering the pink cotton blanket from around Cho's face.
 
Tao's eyes grew wide, as did a sleepy smile on his face, at the sight of his younger sister. Sesshoumaru felt the quickening of his daughter's heartbeat and looked down to watch her open her electric blues eyes, and stare straight at Tao.
 
'She's already sensing her brother…' He thought fondly. Looking up in the soft tufts of silver hair, of her small head, he noticed something he hadn't before. A pair of black ears were there, barely poking out from her scalp as of yet. He smiled and nodded to Tao, when his son waved and moved down the hallway towards his mother's room.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Kagome opened her eyes at the sound of the bedroom door opening. She turned and smiled when she saw her son walking in.
 
"Hey there big brother." She said, tiredly, pushing herself up.
 
Tao smiled and sat on the edge of the bed where she patted her hand. Kagome smiled and raised a hand and brushed some bangs from his eyes.
 
Things were quiet for a moment or two, before Tao looked away with a small laugh and sad eyes. "You and father aren't getting back together, are you?"
 
Kagome's smile fell and she swallowed before sighing. "Tao…I know…that this is hard to understand, but sometimes people don't…love each other any longer." She explained.
 
"Father loves you…" Tao managed out, trying to make his tear thickened throat sound normal, as he glared at the chair next to the bed.
 
"Tao…I love your father too…but I don't love him. That didn't make any sense…I just…feel like I'm suffocated by him. He understands----"
 
"This is because of Kagura isn't it?" Tao asked, hopping off of the bed and walking over to the window overlooking downtown Tokyo.
 
His mother was quiet for a long moment, until she closed her eyes and leaned her head against the propped up back of her bed. "You know about her…?"
 
"I figured it out before you decided to leave, mother…I just…I was too afraid to say anything. I didn't want you and father to not be together." He said quietly, his voice cracking.
 
Kagome's bottom lip quivered and she wiped the spilt tears from her cheeks.
 
"Tao, baby…I love your father…I do…It's just. I'm so confused right now. He's lost my entire vial of trust and it'll be hell for him to try and get it back." She said, closing her eyes once again and swallowing. "I just don't think that your father and I should be together any longer. I don't want the baby to grow up around us fighting all the time."
 
Tao whirled around and glared at his mother, his fists clenching at his sides.
 
"Really? And what was I? "I" had to go through all of yours and father's crap since I was 10! Why take pity on her and not me!? If you guys don't like to fight then why the heck did you even get married in the first place!? Why didn't you just divorce each other back when I was 10!?" He yelled.
 
Kagome put a hand to her throat, almost as if that would stop the lump in her throat from growing large enough to suffocate her. Her face paled and she stared at her son with wide, tear filled eyes.
 
"I---I didn't know…I---" She started only to stop when the lump in her throat cut her off.
 
"Mother…I'm happy that I have a little sister. You have what you and father wanted to make me happy. But…what about what "I" want?" He asked, sitting on the chair next the bed and holding his face in his hands.
 
"Wh—what is it that you want…?" Kagome managed to squeeze out.
 
Tao lifted his head, not caring that tears were now rolling down his cheeks. "What I do want? I want a happy family. I want a 'family'. People who love each other enough to forgive each other for mistakes that we've done. I want a family that I can be proud of… If you and father get a divorce…then that happiness will shatter for good. I just want you and father to be happy..." He whispered.
 
Kagome let out a sob and held her arms open for him. He stood up and allowed her to hug him. They both stood there crying for a long time. They were both unaware, however, of the presence outside of the door, a pair of wet amber eyes staring the floor down in shame.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
Hoo-boy! :::::Clears throat to get rid of lump::::: I seriously almost started crying while writing this!
 
 
Tell me what you think!
 
 
Thank you to everyone who's reviewed!:
 
 
 
Jasmine Taiyoukai
haku-dono
midnight-darkness7
WinterBlossom
Alexis
Mirokiki
Wolfye Productions
AW555
pouting me
Cutiepie99
Lady Destiny
LadyoftheWest15
sako
draegon-fire
Serinity
HanyouIY
ILOVEInuyasha : GOD! I LOVE YOUR REVIEWS SOOOO MUCH! I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THEM!
Natsumi no tsunami—200th reviewer on ff . net!
 
Blue Rhapsody3
Saturngurl123
Taki-sama
LynGreenTea
Blood Red Moon
Krystina
Kjinuyasha
Zeddy200
glamouzmami x3
Kit _ Kat _ Bar
Sesshylover89
Cancer
Saiyuna-san
Theblackdemoness
AnimeLovour13
wooden door
FluffyLover7
Hanasaki Rikku
MADPENGUIN
Keito-chan
lala
inuyashafan1234567890
jadefeather
 
Alone _ in _ My _ Room
IkoYume
Sess+Kagome= Lemons
n3ko-chan
Fluffy-chan
Noacat
Midnight Raven
mimori
Sess
Fluff-maru-Sama
Silent Nox- Thank you so much!
Gina
Ice Goddess Kitsune
Abby
dah
turner
mizu
Teresa
Yenye
Paris
Kags21
grnictig
Torry
Sy
Nicotine
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS A LOT!
 
REVIEW!
 
 
 
Ta, lovelies!
 
 
RisuBento