InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Twenty-Three ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the title and plot of this story.
 
 
 
Chapter Twenty-Three:
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Tao flopped down onto his bed and closed his eyes. He just finished helping his mother with Cho. That little baby was seriously a cryer. Closing his eyes, he yawned and was just drifting off to sleep when his alarm clock went off.
 
Groaning, he lifted his hand and smack it down onto the noise maker, effectively shutting it off.
 
Sitting up, he rubbed his nose when his hair tickled it. 'Another day at school...' He groaned to himself, walking over to the closet and extracting his school uniform.
 
"Tao? Are you up?" Came a knock and then a soft voice at the door.
 
"Yes, mother. I am." He snapped.
 
Kagome swallowed and backed away to the door and went slowly back down to her bedroom. This was hopefully only a phase...Tao was, afterall, hitting the age where boys usually hit puberty...so this was expected of him...right?
 
Shaking her head, she gently closed her door behind her and wandered over to the crib set up next to her bed. In there was a small little lump of blankets resting and breathing softly. She smiled and reached a hand into the crib and brushed her daughter's bangs from her chubby face.
 
"Cho..." She whispered gently. She smiled at how easily the name rolled off her tongue. Tao chose a perfect name...but why did he want a name that means harmony? Wait...
 
"Because he wants his father and me together...oh." She suddenly realized the reason he wanted Hajime...if it was a boy. 'It's means 'together' or 'togetherness'...' Frowning slightly, she stood up straight and wandered over to the window. Pulling the curtain aside, she watched as a light snow fall covered the ground in a white sheet.
 
'If only things were working out better.' She concluded.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
Tao grumbled his entire way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where his grandmother was cooking breakfast.
 
"You better wash up and sit down for your breakfast, dear." She smiled.
 
"I'm not hungry." He snapped.
 
Mrs. Higurashi stopped what she was doing and looked up with confusion written all over her face.
 
"Tao! I never want to hear you talk to your grandmother like that again! Do you hear me?" Kagome scolded, walking into the kitchen with a tired and wearied look on her face.
 
"YES, mother." He hissed, biting the yes out like poison.
 
Kagome huffed and shifted Cho to the other side of her arms, before turning around and sitting in a chair to breast feed her.
 
"Remember that your father is coming to pick you up from school today." She reminded, wincing slightly when Cho pinched onto her nipple a little too harshly, before suckling.
 
"How could I forget..." Tao said, taking a bit of rice onto his copsticks and scooping it into his mouth. He grimaced and threw the bowl down along with his chopsticks, then stood up.
 
"That stuff tastes like crap." He said, heading towards the back door.
 
Kagome snapped her head up and gaped angrily at her son. "Tao----"
 
"Kagome...it's all right." Mrs. Higurashi smiled, shaking her head, while buttering some bread.
 
"But mama...he just insulted your food." Kagome complained, switching Cho to her other breast.
 
"Kagome...I had to go through the same thing with Souta. I assure you, I am 'quite' used to it by now. Plus...you have to remember that I'm no chef and Tao has literally grown up on eating professionally made food." Mrs. Higurashi sighed, sitting down at the table across from her daughter.
 
Kagome sighed and looked down at her daughter. Her smiled dropped however when she heard the back door slam, announcing Tao's departure to school.
 
"Ugh! I know this'll sound terrible mama, but sometimes I just wish I could wring his scrawny little neck!" Kagome snarled.
 
Mrs. Higurashi chuckled and sipped her hot tea. "Believe it or not, sweetheart...you had moments just like that and I had my moments of wanting to shake you really hard."
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, but still chuckled. Cho was done feeding and Kagome snapped her special breast feeding bra closed before settling her sleepy daughter on her shoulder to burp her.
 
"Have you spoked with Sesshoumaru at all?" Mrs. Higurashi asked, not looking up from her crossword puzzle. Kagome sighed and nodded.
 
"I did just this last Monday. He said that he hadn't got the divorce papers as of yet. They should be there by next week." She said, smiling when she heard Cho belch rather loudly.
 
Mrs. Higurashi sighed and removed her glasses. "Kagome...I know you're probably not wanting anymore lectures---especially from an old woman like me---but...I really, truly think you're making a bid mistake here."
 
 
Kagome swallowed and shifted Cho so she was resting against the crook of her arms. "I know you think that mama...but this is my decision and I know what I want. I'm doing what's best."
 
"Best for who sweetheart? You? Definitely not for Tao." Mrs. Higurashi pointed out. Kagome looked over to her right.
 
"Mama...Tao said that he wanted Sesshou and me to be together so we can be happy. He said that the only way he'd be happy is when Sesshou and I are together. But...if we aren't happy together...than Tao will NEVER be happy. It would never work." Kagome explained, sipping a little of her mother's tea.
 
"Kagome...are you absolutely sure you don't love him any longer?" Her mother asked, clasping her hands together and resting them on the table.
 
"No...I don't. Why do you ask?" Kagome said, hoisting a now sleeping Cho against her shoulder.
 
"Because you just called him by the nickname you gave him when you were in high school. Sesshou..." Mrs. Higurashi said, taking a sip of her tea.
 
Kagome froze in her movements and looked up in realization. "I did...didn't I? I guess old habits die hard..." She said with a weak smile that was gone as quickly as it at formed.
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru stood up from his desk at his office building and handed the freshly signed merging documents to, Rin, his secretary.
 
"Take those immediatly to Hashii down in the mail department. Tell him to send those first class A.S.A.P." He ordered.
 
Rin nodded and blushed like a school girl when their hands brushed against each others. Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow and sat back down. Leaning back into his nice leather swivel chair, he propped his elbow up and rested his chin into his palm. He took a moment to look around his room.
 
He'd begun framing some of Tao's artwork around the office. He smiled at one that was of him and Tao. His son truly was an extraordinarly talented artist. Sesshoumaru should have never doubted Tao before...if Tao wanted to be an artist...then so be it.
 
His eyes landed on a picture that was framed and sitting on his desk. It was of Kagome and Cho. Tao had finished it about a week after Cho had been born. That was more than a month ago. Cho was a month old now...
 
He'd only seen her a few select times. When Tao was staying over at his place and Kagome came with the both of the kids. She was civil with him. She was all smiles around him and others. He sighed. If she was happy...than he was happy for her. At least someone was joyful from this relationship.
 
Closing his eyes, he damned himself a few more times before the intercom on his desk beeped. "Mr. Kagiyama, sir?" Came Rin's stammering voice.
 
"Yes, Rin?" He asked, lazily pushing the return button.
 
"A Mr. Inuyasha is here to see you...?" She asked, unsure if he was someone she should let it.
 
"Send him in..." He said, albeit extremely reluctant.
 
Rin beeped the button, indicating that she'd clicked off. Moments later the door banged open and an angry Inuyasha came stomping in.
 
"Dammit! You never fuckin' answered my phone calls you bastard!" He yelled, slamming the door shut.
 
"I haven't any slightest idea as to what you're babbling about." Sesshoumaru sighed, leaning back into his seat once again.
 
"I lost Tao! You never once answered my phone calls wondering if Tao had somehow gotten back to Japan!" He yelled, crashing into a chair.
 
"What're you talking about? Tao has been here ever since he left London." Sesshoumaru shrugged.
 
"DAMMIT!"
 
"Why the frustration, little brother?"
 
"That little poop head took my ticket as well as his and left me stranded in London for one fuckin' month!" Inuyasha yelled, clapping his palms to his face.
 
Sesshoumaru quirked another eyebrow. "Why didn't you use your wallet? Surely you're not that stupid."
 
"I would've if I hadn't been pickpocketed by some Tanuki youkai in London Square. The only thing I had on me was my passport and 3 packs of Ramen." Inuyasha groaned. "I had to fuckin' hitchhike all across Europe, Saudi-fuckin'-Arabia, China and whatever other fuckin' countries there are between here and there."
 
Things were silent for a moment before a snort was heard from Sesshoumaru. Inuyasha slowly moved his hands away from his face and stare in disbelief at his older half-brother.
 
"Sesshoumaru...are you---are you fuckin' laughing!?" He asked, appalled.
 
Sesshoumaru let out a powerful booming laugh before stopping abruptly and glaring at Inuyasha. "You truly are an idiot, little brother. Now get out of my office."
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Tao sighed and flopped down onto a stone bench outside of his school. His father was late. Maybe it had to do with the fact that his father wasn't still used to living apart from his wife. Tao's mother would always be the one to come and pick him up from school. He should expect this…
 
A horn honked a couple times and a black BMW rolled up and screeched to a halt in front of him.
 
“Forgive me Tao…I lost the time and was busily dealing with your uncle…” Sesshoumaru trailed off, when Tao got into the passenger's seat.
 
“Uncle? What's his problem now?” He asked, buckling himself in.
 
“Actually…I wished to talk with you about that. It's seems that when you snuck out and flew home to Japan; you took your uncle's ticket as well. He was pick pocketed in London and had to hitchhike all across Europe and Asia to get back here.” Sesshoumaru explained.
 
Tao snorted.
 
Things were quiet for a while. Sesshoumaru pulled up gracefully into the turnabout driveway of the mansion and was just climbing out when a light snow began to fall once again. He remembered when Kagome and he would spend their free time going out on long walks when it was snowing. That was back when they'd first started going out.
 
 
Shaking his head, he closed his door and ventured up the front steps, where Tao was waiting patiently with his overnight bag.
 
“I am having a dinner party tomorrow night for a merging agreement. I was hoping that you'd ask your mother if she would be willing to attend.” He said, unlocking the large oak door.
 
Tao sighed and dropped his bag onto the floor with a flump, shaking the snow from his black locks.
 
“Ask her yourself.” He grumbled, before retrieving his bag and stomping up the stairs to his bedroom.
 
Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow and followed after his son's figure with a scrutinizing eyes.
 
Ask her yourself…
 
Should he?
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
I'm sorry! That was just something that I had on my mind and needed to get out! It was extremely nauseating for me to write so you're probably not too much better yourselves…aieeee!!!
 
 
Anyhoo!
 
I'll have a longer chapter next time! Probably tomorrow!
 
 
BYE-BYE!RisuBento