InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Twenty-Six ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
By: RisuBento
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the title, the plot of this story and Cho and Tao. I do not own the song sung by Faye Wong, from Final Fantasy 8, either.
Chapter Twenty-Six:
oo0O0oo
Tao dragged his uncle all the way over to where the orchestra players were setting up their stands and chairs. 'I really hope mother and father go along with this.'
"All right. You stay here and I'll ask them if they can play it, all right?" Inuyasha asked, not waiting for answer, as he ruffled the teenage boy's hair and walked off to the violinist's.
Tao looked away from his ambling uncle and over to the gathering guests. They were all older people. Some around his mother's age and some around his father's. No one…EVER came that was Tao's age. Maybe because these parties were as boring as heck.
Sighing, he made his way over to the doorway only to suddenly stop when a giggle and a light enticing scent taunted his nose. Looking over at the kitchen doorway, he blushed when he found himself staring down a giggling girl. She was…cute. Wearing a pink knee length dress, some white tights, some white mary-janes and her hair pulled back into a pair of curly pigtails…she was cute. He swallowed and felt his eyes grow wide when she began to wave him over. He pointed to himself and mouthed a "Me?". She nodded and giggled again.
Straightening his posture into a more polite and formal pose, he made his way around the people in his way and to his horror suddenly found himself standing directly in front of her.
She was smiling and swishing her dress with her hands. "Hi. I'm Tomo Ishikawa. What's your name?" She asked with a white smile.
Tao felt himself grow red in the cheeks. "T-Tao…K-agiyama." His voice cracked in the middle of his sentence and he mentally smacked himself. 'Stupid puberty!'
"Tao… That's cute." She smiled, revealing a fine line of white teeth.
Tao nodded and swallowed hard. He looked down at his shuffling feet only to blanch when he felt fingers gently tugging at his inu ears.
"Wh-what're you doing?" He gasped.
 
Oo0O0oO
 
Kagome sighed and turned with her husband to greet some more guests. She swore that if she had to smile any longer, her face would either crack, or get stuck like this. She was beginning to regret ever agreeing to come here as Sesshoumaru's escortee. Right now she could be…well…she'd be sitting at home…with a fussy Cho…doing absolutely nothing.
Shaking her head, she brought her attention to the waking child in Sesshoumaru's arms. "Is she hungry?" She asked, looking up at the soft gaze of the usually stoic man. Sesshoumaru paused and sniffed. He shook his head with a grimace.
"No…she's soiled herself." He whispered, bending down to speak into her ear.
Kagome snorted and blushed, mostly at the proximity and the way his breath warmed her skin. "I suppose I should go and change her."
"May I?" He asked, clutching her closer to him in his arms.
Kagome looked ultimately surprised. She was about to refuse, only…she stopped and thought for a moment. 'Well…it 'would' let me 'not' change her for once… I suppose he needs to get used to changing dirty diapers again after not changing one since Tao was 2.'
She bit her lip and nodded. "The diaper bag should still be in your office where I left it." She said, waving a hand up the grand staircase.
He nodded and excused himself from the people around him and made his way up the stairs. Kagome stood at the bottom, watching the both of them as her husband trekked up the carpeted staircase. That is…she cursed silently when she found herself staring at his nice bum. Turning around she smiled to some familiar faces and made her way over to the bar.
"Good evening, Mistress. Is there anything that I can make you?" Asked the bartender, Mukotsu.
"Good evening Mukotsu. Yes…I would like my usual." She smiled, sitting on one of the stools in front of the counter.
Mukotsu smiled and turned to a fridge and withdrew a can of cream soda and a can of strawberry soda. Opening them both, he took out a glass from the cupboard below the counter in front of him, and poured them both into together. Scooping some ice into the mixed drink, he added the tiny umbrella, just the way his mistress liked it. "One Suicide mix for you my lady." He bowed for added affect.
Kagome smiled. "Thank you so much. I've missed these." She closed her eyes relishing the way the mixed bubbly drink tickled and taunted at her throat. Oh how she missed this… When she was pregnant with Cho, she'd decided that she'd stick with everything healthy---and that meant she couldn't drink any of her suicide drinks.
"How have you been faring, mistress? I have missed you." Mukotsu smiled, making a Sex on the Beach for a couple next to her.
"I've been tired lately. Still trying to get used to the fact that I'm a mother again. Cho's more of a handful then Tao ever was I'll tell you that much." She laughed, remember how her daughter decided, that morning, to kick wildly, while being changed, and knock of the baby powder onto the floor, making the bottle's cap pop off and mix itself into the carpet. (A/N: Baby powder is SO hard to get out of carpet! Even after to clean it and stuff with cleaning crap…the scent's still there… also sometimes with a faint white blob.)
Shaking her head she continued to sip at her drink. Leaning her elbow onto the bar's counter and resting her cheek in her hand, she began to ponder about recent events. She was planning on moving out of her mother's home in a few days into a nice townhouse by the bay. She'd found it when she was out shopping with Tao and Cho and her mother for some groceries. She saw the flyer on the window outside of the store and she immediately jumped at the opportunity.
But…what would Tao think? Kagome hadn't even told him about moving out yet…she's been too nervous. Procrastination was something that she'd always been good at…but she was feeling guiltier and guiltier everyday. What would her son think? Would he hate her even more than he already did? She didn't even want to fathom what he'd act like if he truly hated her down to the very core.
A hand pressing against her lower back, brought her back from her twisted thoughts and to whomever it was touching her. Turning away from her comfort-drink, she found herself looking at a babbling Cho in her father's arms. She flushed and looked up at him. He was staring down at her with a quirked eyebrow.
"D-did---Did she give you any trouble?" She asked, after clearing her throat.
"No." Was he said, before reaching forward and brushing a strand of stray hair behind her ear.
The touch itself was enough to draw tears to Kagome's eyes. She was so…touched by that gentle gesture. Why was he being so nice and…soft with her? What was he trying to do, confuse her thoughts and emotions even more so than they already were?
"Come. The orchestra is about to begin." He said in that deep voice of his.
Kagome hesitated for a moment before looking back at her drink. Sighing, she leaned forward and took a gulp of the ecstasy and turned back to take her husbands offered hand. The guests were beginning to all make their way into the ballroom to dance. It'd always been a tradition to have the host and hostess dance the first dance…which was something she wasn't looking forward too.
She found a blushing Tao standing next to a beaming little girl and she couldn't help but smile at the sight. 'So Tao's been introduced to the female species has he? Well…I think it's about time…'
 
Oo0O0oO
 
Sesshoumaru handed Cho off to Inuyasha who looked ready to piss himself at the fact that he was being made to hold something so fragile…and dangerous. Cho gurbled and reached up, yanking hard on one of her uncle's forelocks, receiving a yelp from Inuyasha.
Sesshoumaru smirked before pausing in his steps. The music was beginning to play softly… A song he'd remembered all too well… Kagome, beside him, had stopped in her tracks as well and was standing there with her eyes wide.
He could smell the change her heartbeat…they way her blood warmed and rushed wildly through her veins. Swallowing slightly, he held out her hand and watched as she looked almost fearfully at it. She looked up at him and back at his hand, before placing her neatly manicured one in it. He clasped it and led her out into the middle of the dance floor. Placing a hand on her hip and the other in her other hand, they both paused to look at one another…both thinking the same thing.
'…I remember…all too well…'
There were no words to the song as they began to dance…but they knew the words…they knew them as if they were part of their very souls.
Flashback
"Come on Sesshoumaru! Let's dance! I like this song a lot!" A 16 year old Kagome smiled, pulling on her boyfriend's stiff arm.
"I do not wish to dance Kagome." He said sternly.
Kagome stopped and pouted. "Come on…you haven't danced with me at all and I want to dance with you. There IS a reason this social gathering is called a "Dance" you know."
Sesshoumaru glared down at her pouting face for a long moment, before his nerves could no longer take it.
"Fine." He growled. Kagome beamed and pulled him out onto the dance floor. Kagome wrapped her arms around her boyfriends neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist.
Sesshoumaru held her closer and buried his nose into her obsidian locks. She was so special to him…something he could look forward to whenever he woke up in the morning.
Lifting her head from his shoulder, Kagome looked up into his amber orbs and felt herself smile. She loved him so dearly… Her Sesshoumaru…
Everything from when they first met to now…was zooming through their minds…
Sesshoumaru gracefully dipped Kagome and never broke her gaze with her as he propped her back up. They were dancing, in that moment, to the beating of their hearts.
That night he asked her to marry him…and to mate him. She accepted. The song was engraved forever in his and her soul.
End Flashback
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Kagome allowed her emotions to run… her heart was beating faster than she would've like it to…but she didn't care. The only thing she cared about at the moment was the man she was currently being gracefully dipped by. A memory of the night he proposed to her flash in her mind and she felt her eyes begin to burn with real emotion.
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer.
How could he be so gentle and docile now…and be rash and angered whenever they were together the other times…? 'Has he changed?' She wondered to herself. Just like that night almost 15 years ago…they kept their gaze locked…almost afraid to look away.
So let me come to you
Close as I wanted to be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast.
Sesshoumaru twirled his wife out and then back into his arms before continuing his graceful stepping. She was absolutely lovely… how could he have been so…foolish? So stupidheaded…as Inuyasha would say. Her electric blue eyes were shining with so much emotion that he himself felt a lump grow within his throat. 'If she is to be happy away from me…then so be it…even if it means I am to be alone for the rest of my tainted days…' He thought as he watched a tear slip down her cheek. Without even thinking, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to the small liquid crystal running down her flush cheek; the saltiness making an unknown burn reveal itself to his eyes.
And stay there as I whisper
How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
did you ever know
That I had mine on you.
Kagome closed her eyes when he pressed his lips to her cheek. So much emotion…so little room. She was so overwhelmed by it all…the song…the love. The divorce… Tao… Was she doing things right? Could she be an independent woman without Sesshoumaru? Could she be…Kagome?
Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
Would Cho turn out to be a different person…growing up without a father in her life? Was Kagome being truly fair? After the divorce…she could see whomever she wished…but…Sesshoumaru would be bound to her for the rest of their lives…and unable to be with anyone else… But he deserved it… he betrayed their love. He betrayed her. But…she also had an affair. Only, she was human. That didn't count…right?
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming.
His blood was pumping wildly in his veins. Her heart was pounding against his abdomen. He rested his cheek against hers and slowly danced their way out onto the balcony. Their guests were all clapping and beginning to dance themselves. Both were oblivious to everything except themselves and the cloud they were currently floating on.
Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
They both paused in their steps, still holding onto one another; their cheeks still resting on each other. Sesshoumaru pulled back and looked down at his wife. Her eyes were closed and had tears running down on either side of her face.
"Kagome?" He asked.
She slowly opened her glossy eyes and looked up at him, the light from the city beyond, glinting light into them. "Y-yes…?" Her dry voice forced out.
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer.
Kagome didn't know what to think at that moment. So many things were rushing through her head, all holding, "THINK OF ME!" signs. Sesshoumaru was still clutching onto her as if they were still dancing. He was looking at her with a look in his eyes that almost terrified her… so sad. She was waiting for him to continue with whatever he was going to say. He didn't say anything for a moment, just closed the distance between their mouths and covered his with her own. She whimpered into his lips and clutched his silver locks at the back of his head. When he pulled away, she looked up at him, her lip quivering.
"I love you Kagome. I've always loved you." He answered, closing his eyes and resting his forehead against hers. She gasped, her eyes growing wide.
'He…loves me?'
"Why…Why didn't you tell me before?" She whispered.
Sesshoumaru opened his eyes and swallowed. "I was…frightened."
Kagome pulled her head away completely. 'THE Sesshoumaru Kagiyama was…afraid?'
"Frightened… of what?" She asked running her hands through his hair. He never broke his gaze with her when he reached up and took hold of her wrists in his hands. Holding her hands up to his mouth his kissed her knuckles with such softness that a choked sob escaped her throat when emotions began to rise once again.
"…that you would leave me. I never want you to leave. I never want to be alone." He whispered, hugging her tightly in an embrace. "I want you here…with me."
Kagome choked on her sob and buried her face in his chest. "Oh Sesshoumaru…I love you so much…"
Sesshoumaru pulled her away and looked down at her. Taking a handkerchief from his back pocket he dabbed at her cheeks and running make up. She closed her eyes and allowed him to do so.
"I am…sorry. I was a fool. I never should have betrayed you… I never should have doubted what we had." He whispered, pressing a soft kiss to her temple. Kagome sighed and closed her eyes, holding the handkerchief in her fist.
"I think…I forgave you a long time ago Sesshoumaru…I was just in denial about reality." She said, looking up at him.
Sesshoumaru bent down and kissed her gently before pulling away, still holding her hands in his. He went down on one knee and removed a velvet box from his other pocket. "I love you Kagome Kagiyama…will you agree to be the wife of this Sesshoumaru?" He asked.
Kagome began to cry. Of course she would… She'd marry him a million times if she was given the chance. Renewing their vows was a step forward at regaining their happiness.
Even if it was baby steps…she'd go with the flow.
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
oo0O0oo
There. Just a few more chapters. I still have to get Kagura in the picture again. I hope you all liked this chapter. I don't know if I did. A little too sappy…not enough Inuyasha or Tao. But…then again, Sesshoumaru and Kagome 'are' the main character's besides Tao.
So!
You all know what to do!
REVIEW!
Thank you to everyone who's reviewed! I'm sorry about not getting to individual reviews! I've been too busy lately:
Thanks to:
aishiteru-sessho
Wolfye Productions
Princess of the Saiyans 16
Dark Teenage Angel
Wouldn't you like to know?
Faithful Vampire
Goddess of the Flame
Me
djl
Puffballmagic
Shadow Kitsune67
dah
sako
LadyRedEyes
Theblackdemoness
ILOVEInuyasha07
InuKaglover07
Blood Red Moon
LynGreenTea
REDHAT
Sadistic Girl
zeddy200
VashLvR
Andrew and Em: You two are the cutest siblings ever!
I would like to give a special apology to Kogasgirl! I am so sorry for not putting your name up multiple times! I've been so swamped with reviews on this story and other stories that I've lost track of who reviews and stuff. Please forgive me! I will admit though that you're probably not the only one who I've forgotten…but it won't happen again! (I hope!) Sorry to anyone else I've forgotten!
REVIEW!
Ta, Lovelies!
RisuBento