InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Love and Destiny" ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 3
“Destiny. Feh, I don't have time to wait around for destiny to bring Kagome back to me,” Inuyasha thought to himself as he ran.
“I'll have to find some way on my own. I have to see her again.”
 
Inuyasha finally arrived at the destroyed well's location. There was hardly anything left of it except for a few scattered stones. The entire area was a mess of scorched grass and choppy earth.
 
“Well, I guess I better get started,” Inuyasha thought to himself. He began to pick up surrounding stones and pile them on top of each other.
 
“This kinda looks like it fits. And this should go here…I think.”
 
“Hey Inuyasha what are you doing?”
 
“Aaaa!” shouted Inuyasha as he fell to the ground. He had become so engrossed in his work that he hadn't noticed his friend standing behind him.
 
“Shippo don't scare me like that!”
 
“Oh, sorry about that. But really, what are you doing with all those rocks?”
 
“What's it look like I'm doing ya stupid kid. I'm trying to rebuild the well so I can see Kagome again.”
 
“Let us help,” said a familiar smooth voice, before Inuyasha could strike at Shippo.
 
“Yes, we miss Kagome too after all. We can all help bring her back together,” chimed another voice.
 
Inuyasha turned to see the hopeful faces of his friends. He wouldn't directly admit it, but he was glad to see them. It was comforting to know he had friends, to know that he wasn't alone. A slight smile appeared on his face.
 
“Let's get goin' then.”
 
Back in modern era. (One day has past).
“Hey Hojo.”
 
“Oh, hey Kagome. Long time no see.” He was obviously surprised by her forwardness. Even Kagome herself was surprised by her actions. It seemed as if her feet had taken over and led her straight up to him.
 
“I'm feeling a lot better now, so I was wondering if you might want to go to a movie or something.”
 
“Uhh..sss…sure. That sounds great,” Hojo replied nervously as all of his books fell out of his clumsily shaking hands.
 
“Good. I'll meet you after school,” Kagome kindly replied, completely ignoring the fallen books. She was far too distracted by her thoughts.
 
“I can't believe I just asked him out. But I need this. I need to move on.”
 
Back in Feudal Era.
After spending a good part of the afternoon rebuilding, the group stood back to look at the work.
 
“Uhh, I guess it kinda looks like a well,” squeaked Shippo.
 
Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango's eyes thinned with disappointment. In front of them was a pile of mismatched rocks and small boulders.
 
“I think perhaps it looked better before we tried to rebuild it,” Miroku remarked.
 
Inuyasha raised his hands to his head in disgust. “That's just great, by this rate I'll see Kagome after hell freezes over.” He was growing more impatient by the second.
 
“Calm down Inuyasha, I'm sure we'll find a way,” said Miroku reassuringly. He wanted to prevent the oncoming rant. Inuyasha could become quite hard to deal with when angered.
 
“Maybe we should seek advice from Lady Kaede. She always seems to know what to do,” suggested Sango.
 
“Yeah, good idea. Let's go,” replied Inuyasha as he leapt away swiftly.
 
“Wait for me Kagome. I'm gonna see you soon. I promise.”