InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ *Shippo's Song* ❯ It's Not Fair ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Authors Note*is going to be a short one because I started the next chapter before started this one. I'm not totally sure on what to do so please give me some ideas. Disclaimer I don't own Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo, Sango, or Miroku yadda yadda yadda. OK lets start (I dream of Genie blink).
Song*Empress Minet
POV
My legs are getting tired.It seems like I've been riding forever. Ever since the fight Mirokus been kind of quiet. Poor baby, we had to leave megumi behind because Sango wouldn't travel with her around. Only speaking when spoken to. Thats not like him. We tried to cheer him up but our efforts were of no use. Shippos been kind of quiet too. "Hey are you ok, Dont tell me that Mirokus rubbing off on you" It looks like my little joke is being taken more seriously then I expected because the moment I said it Sango and Inuyasha went running over to him. They were in complete panic making sure he wasn't feeling sick or anything. "Dont become like him its unhealty" Sango pretty much yelled that in his little ear. Inuyasha is just as bad. "Listen if you had a fever you should have told us earlier. I knew you looked sick."
"Hey guys I was just kidding. But really Shippo are you ok?" He smiled at me but his eyes said other wise. Its looked almost like he was going to cry. "I'm ok but hey Kagome can I talk to you in private"
"Sure" He followed me away from the others toward the forest. Before we got in he turned to the others and said "listen I need to talk to her alone so we'll meet you guys someplace else. Inuyasha looked awayand toward the road. "There's a village not far from here right?" Sango and Miroku nodded. "Then we'll meet you there." I have to say Inuyasha would usually never do this. " Are you sure Inuyasha?" "Yeah If it's that important then I dont care. Just don't lose the track of that shard. " I nodded. Im glad he's letting me go. I think he's softing up. I turn to follow shippo to suddenly see Inuyasha standing right in front of me. Im not joking, he was two inches away from me. I had to jump back we were so close. "You didn't lose track of it did you"? That was it! He gets that close to ask if I didn't lose track of his stupid shard. You bastard!!! I growl at him. "No I didn't" He sighs. Ooooo I cant belive him. hmph.
"Kagome" oops forgot about Shippo.
"Oh sorry wasnt paying attention ok lets go."
regular
They walked on for some time until kagome broke the silence. "Sooo, what did you wanna talk about"? Shippo stopped kagome follwoing the motion. He looks up to her with solemn eyes. "What's it like to have a mom"? Kagome stopped. "Wh-wh-what" Kagome stood shocked. Of course how come she didnt notice it before. We've only talked about Inuyasha family and Shippo's dad. We never dicused his mom. "Well" She snapped out of her thoughts and looked back at Shippo. "Well if you must know"...sat down at the edge of a lake throwing rocks in it every now and then. "You see, its kinda hard to explain, but a mom is almost always there for you. They understand what your thinking and they have a sixth sense." Shippo got really interested at this remark. "You mean all moms"? Kagome nodded. "Wow thats cool so do they see dead people" Kagome laughed at this. Shipo didnt understand. If they had a sixth sense then they should be able to see dead people or se into the future or something like that.
"No silly, they just know things. For example I failed a test at school once and I had to bring it home. The moment I walked through the door I got really nervous. She wants me to do really well in school. Well she asked me a few questions like what are you in the mood for for dinner, how was school, and what I planned on doing to do today. Once I answered her questions I ran upstairs and the moment I reached the top she said ' What did you do'. They know when youve done something wrong and what to do to make you feel better. My mom on the other hand bribed me to clean my room and do my chores for a week or else she'd tell gramps and when you tell him I flunked a test he goes ballistic. It's pretty amazing how they do that. I can't seem to get away with anything."
It went quiet. "What happened to your mom"? Shippo lowered his head.
Shippos POV
What words could express how I feel right now? No one could understand my pain. Kagome so lucky to have a mom and Inuyasha at least got to say goodbye to his mom even though it wasn't really her. I never even got to say goodbye. There was so much we could have done. So many
things were left undone. It disappeared right in front of me and there was nothing I could do. This emptiness inside just grows. Why do I feel so alone. The only person here who has a mom is Kagome. Its not fair. Its not fair.
back again
"It's not fair." Kagome looked down at Shippo. He was talking to himself. Kagome stared at him as he continued to mumble. But then each time he said it he said it louder. And louder, and louder until eventually he was yelling at the top of his lungs screaming at no one. "ITS NOT FAIR, ITS NOT FAIR, ITS NOT FAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR"!!!!!!!! The final fair echoed into the distance. It wouldn't have surprised Kagome if Inuyasha had heard it. Shippo broke into sobs and fell to the ground. He held his kness to his chest and started to rock back and forth. agome instantly crawled over to him and held him close to her. "Come down Shippo don't cry, don't cry." Shippo gasped for air and jumped out of Kagomes arms. He stood up and pointed at her accusingly. "It's not fair, how come you get to have a mom and no one else does. Why do you to have one and not Miroku or Sango or Inuyasha, WHY YOU. You have no idea how lucky you are to have someone always there for you. To make you feel special and cared for. Someone who'll never forget about you. I don't have that anymore and I bet that you take her for granted too."
Kagome was speachless. But now that she thought about it. he was right. She did take her mom for granted. All the time her mom would do her little favors and she never thought about how much they would come in handy or how much she would need them. The time she fixed up an extra bike for her, packed her bags, or even fixed a scraped knee. She knew if anybody else did that there would never be as much love in it as she put in it. She felt so bad, so little, so worthless.Kagome became lost in her thoughts while shippo bawled senslessly.

Sometime later when they finally reach the village.
Kagome couldn't shake the feeling that Shippo gave her. She turned to look at him but found that she couldn't look him in the eye. When ever he realized she was looking at him he looked back. Kagome would turn her head and pretend she wasn't looking. Shippo was upset that he made Kagome feel bad and he ment to apologize but he couldn't look at her. Not after what he had just said to her. It was so quiet and akward. They walked silently. Kagome couldn't bear to be around Shippo at that time so she franticly looked about trying to find Inu and the gang. When they found the others it looked like Inuyasha was trying to get Miroku and Sango to make up. Kagome spoke first. "Hey Inuyasha..."
Mirokus POV
I wish Inuyasha would just drop the entire conversation. We spoke nothing about it until we got here. Yeesh its so anoying. " Hey Inuyasha..." I turned to see Kagome. I'm so glad she's here Inuyasha would never act like this in front of her. I think I'll get up and thank her. "Hey Kagome". Oh great Sango said it at the same time. hmph. How come she's always doing the same things as me. I crossed my arms and looked away. Inuyasha sighed. I looked back at Kagome. She had that look on that I reconized almost immediatly. Something had gone wrong and it looked like she was about to cry. Inuyasha apparently noticed this before me. " Kagome, Shippo is everything ok?" Kagome and Shippo just looked at us.
normal
They soon left the village after some dinner. Nobody asked about the conversation, I gues they didnt really want to know. It must have been really bad to keep Kagome quiet for so long. They walked on until the sound of thunder was heard in the distance. They turned in the direction it came from and saw a flash of lightening brighten the dark clouds starting to hover overhead. "Ohh I knew we shouldn't have left the town." Sango cried. Kagome nodded her head in agreement. They started in a frantic search for shelter. Just as they were about to turna and race back toward the village Miroku caught sight of something. "Look"!!! He pointed in the direction of a mountain. Whent they followed his hand they found a cave on a small platue. They started to race for it. They could tell that this storm was going to be a bad one. When they were halfway there it started to pour. When they got their they were soaking wet. "It's a good thing that Inuyasha pants are so puffy or else all those sticks wouldn't have gotten caught on him" Shippo stated. They all looked at Inu's pants. As obvious as the sun on a sunny day there were tons of sticks pooking in and out of his puffy pants. "Now we can make a fire." Everyone started to pull out the sticks and twigs. Once every stick was out his pants looked like swiss chese. "Don't worry Inuyasha," Sango looked up at him "I'm sure I can fix this."

Authors Note
Well I hoped you liked it. Im not sure if that was the end of Megumi or if I should bring her back. What do you think. Im not so sure what should write next. Help me. I think I'll take a brake from this for a while and write something else.