InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 2 Weeks ❯ Last Minute Stuff ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Woot! (I love that word!) I'm really sorry `bout the updates. My dad is working on my computer and my computer had all my files on it and I couldn't transfer my other files from my other computer and well… here we are. But this chapter should prove to be entertaining if not amusing. Maybe. I thought it was, anyway.

Chapter 2: Last Minute Stuff

HONKHONK!

"Sango, c'mon and get your ass down here! We have to go! The mall closes in an hour and a half!" Kagome yelled from Sango's car.

Sango came barreling out of her house's front door, barely avoiding tripping on a stepping stone. By the time she reached the car, Sango sounded like a dog.

"Sorry *pant* I *pant* had to *pant* make sure *pant* Kohaku was *pant* okay." Sango wheezed as she climbed into the driver's seat.

Kagome rolled her eyes.

"Isn't Kaede there? You know Kohaku'll be fine if she is." Kagome said to her best friend.

Kaede was the local babysitter. She had her own business and had even babysat Kagome and Sango's parents when they were little. Kaede was basically like Sango and Kagome's grandmother. They had been her favorite couple of kids to watch.

"Yeah, she's there, but you know Kaede is elderly, Kagome. I really think she should retire. After all, she's been through two of our family's generations." Sango knew Kaede was an expert with children. But Kohaku wasn't a child. He was a typical 11 year old boy. (A/N: We all know how they can be don't we? I mean after all, they are male, right ^_^).

"Yeah, but Sango, don't worry! Don't forget, Kaede is probably stronger than us in some ways." Kagome lightly joked.

Sango nodded, and decided Kagome was right.

"Yeah, you're right, Kag. Well, we better get goin' if we want to make the mall!"

With that said, Sango practically floored the car.

^_^

When the girls arrived at the local mall, Kagome decided she was probably going to be carsick whenever she looked at Sango. Sure, she liked to go fast in a car, but Sango drastically changed her mind completely. Sango herself seemed unfazed by the whole thing.

"Kag, c'mon! We're gonna miss the sale!" Sango called over her shoulder.

Kagome stumbled over to Sango as they entered the mall.

^_^

"Attention shoppers! Takahashi Mall will be closing in approximately 30 minutes. Takahashi Mall will be closing in 30 minutes! Thank you for shopping!"

"Sango, hurry! It's already… 8:30!" Kagome cried.

Sango was currently in the fitting room, trying on a pair of pants. She and Kagome had already bypassed their goal of getting at least five bags of clothes. And Sango was working on her eighth.

"Okay, I'm done! Let's pay for these and go to my house." Sango said.

Sango made her way up to the cashier and casually began to flirt with the cute little brown-haired male. Kagome rolled her eyes. She knew Sango must have been excited about their trip the next day. Sure, she flirted, but not like she was currently. Sango was the type who came off as strong, but Kagome knew that all Sango needed was a good boyfriend.

Kagome also knew that Sango had to be strong for her brother, Kohaku. Her parents had died in plane crash when she and Kohaku were very young. That's where Kaede came in. She had offered to take them in when she found out about Sango's parents.

"Attention shoppers! Takahashi Mall will close in approximately 5 minutes! In 5 minutes, Takahashi Mall will be closing! Thank You!"

"Alright, Kag, let's go."

Sango and Kagome made their way toward the mall's exit. Kagome glanced at Sango. She had a passive expression on her face, as if deep in thought.

"Hey, what's on your mind?"

Sango shook her head and smiled.

"Nothing! Just thinkin' about how much fun we're gonna have tomorrow." She replied.

Kagome nodded, although she had a feeling that wasn't what Sango was thinking about. She was thinking about her parents.

^_^

"Hey, Sango? Where'd you put the sunscreen?"

"Uhhh, look in the top cabinet, to the… right I think."

Kagome and Sango were packing last minute items and getting ready for the big day tomorrow. Well, Kagome was packing, while Sango was sitting on her butt.

"Sango, get off of your lazy ass and help me get this stuff together." Kagome ordered.

"Aww, c'mon Kagome! I'm really tired and I wanna go watch t.v. We've been packing since 9:30 and now it's almost 11:00!" Sango whined.

Kagome gave Sango a look. Sango glared back. Kagome stamped her foot. Sango got up and helped pack the rest of the material.

^_^

A/N: So…? I know I said it was going to be entertaining, but… I lied! Haha. Ahem… um okay! Next chapter should be up soon!