InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ The space between a dream and reality (kiss6) ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The space between a dream and reality (kiss 6)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
888
 
 
“Acting is like existing in the space between a dream and reality,” Jakotsu said. He rolled a can of hot coffee between his hands, trying to warm them.
 
“How so?” Bankotsu asked. He took a sip of his coffee, enjoying the warmth as it traveled down to his stomach.
 
They were sitting on a park bench, watching the sun set, as the cool autumn afternoon faded into night.
 
“Well, when you act, after a while you sort of become the character you're playing while the filming or taping is going on. And yet, a part of you knows that you're really pretending, but you have to keep pretending really hard to be them or else your performance'll suck,” he said ruefully.
 
Bankotsu laughed. “Don't tell me you've had a sucky performance.”
 
It was the cross-dresser's turn to laugh. “Nah... They tell me I'm a natural. I guess all those years of pretending to be `normal' so as not upset my parents paid off.” He sipped his coffee.
 
The younger man nodded. “Just so you know, I don't think you're abnormal or anything... maybe a little eccentric...” they both laughed. “But definitely normal.”
 
“Thanks, Ban honey...” Jakotsu leaned against his boyfriend.
 
“Any time...”He put his arm around Jakotsu, resting his head against the cross-dresser's. “Hey, Sweetness?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Do you think it's possible to exist in the space between a dream and reality without acting?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“You know, like when you're with someone you love and everything sort of fades away. Like you're in your own little world?”
 
“Hmmm... I never thought of that...” Jakotsu tilted his face up to look at Bankotsu.
 
“Haven't you ever been in love before?”
 
The cross-dresser sat up and shook his head. “No... I can't say that I have.” He smiled impishly. “I've been in like, and I've been in lust, but I can't say that I've been in love before...” Closing his eyes, he leaned over and kissed Bankotsu. “Until now...” Jakotsu said when he broke the kiss.
 
“Yeah?” Bankotsu said; a cocky grin tugging at his lips as his boyfriend leaned against him again.
 
“Yup!” Jakotsu grinned. “If this is the space between a dream and reality, then I want to take up permanent residence.” He sighed. Two seconds later, he sat up and smacked himself in the forehead, running his hand down his face in embarrassment. “Oh crap, tell me I didn't just say that,” he groaned.
 
“Why?” Bankotsu chuckled.
 
“Because I sound like the heroine in some cheap-ass romance novel, that's why,” he said ruefully.
 
“Well then if you're the heroine, then I must be the hero,” the younger man teased.
 
Jakotsu laughed. “Okay, Heero, although, I have to say you look more like Duo, but whatever...” he shrugged. “Oh, just take me away to that dreamy place that's too impossibly good to be real.” He sipped his coffee.
 
“I thought you said you didn't want to have sex so early in our relationship,” Bankotsu deadpanned.
 
The cross-dresser half laughed, half choked on his mouthful of coffee and spat it out as he laughed himself silly. He laughed so hard, he was crying, his mascara leaving black trails down his cheeks.
 
Bankotsu patted him on the back as he repeated, “I'm sorry, Sweetness!” over and over again until Jakotsu was able to get control himself.
 
“Ban honey, you're priceless!!” Jakotsu hugged his boyfriend. “And that's why I love you!”
 
“So does this mean you've changed your mind about the sex?”
 
“No...” Jakotsu kissed him again. “It's just that I'm afraid and I really don't want to talk about it now...” he said softly.
 
“Okay.” Bankotsu smiled. “But I can still dream about making it a reality, right?”
 
“Yeah... Because the minute we do make it reality, we'll be in that space between a dream and reality.”
 
“Hunh?” Bankotsu looked at his boyfriend like he suddenly sprouted another two heads.
 
“You said it before; sex. When you and the special person that you love with all your heart and they love you back the same way, have sex and you reach the point of no return, well, that's the other place where you exist in the space between a dream and reality.”
 
“You're a nut, you know that?”
 
“But that's why you love me,” Jakotsu said saucily.
 
“Exactly...” Bankotsu said as he leaned in to kiss him...