InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Superstar (kiss 7) ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Superstar (kiss7)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: The Yamaha music store is an actual place in Tokyo's Ginza. It has four floors and it often has live performances. In addition to instruments, it appears they also carry CDs, sheet music, as well as books on music.
 
Pachinko is a cross between a slot machine and a pinball machine. The player is passive during the game; all they do is control the speed with the steel balls go through the machine. Prizes are awarded when you win and to get around Japan's gambling laws, you first pick up your prize in the pachinko parlor's gift shop, before going around the corner to exchange it for cash in a special window.
 
888
 
 
“Sweetness, it's official, you're a superstar whether you like it or not,” Bankotsu said as another female fan shyly approached their table, pen and paper in hand.
 
Jakotsu sighed and signed his autograph. A quick picture later, they were left alone to try and finish their lunch. “But I don't want to be a superstar,” the cross-dresser whined.
 
Bankotsu laughed. “Why not? You're now in a position to call the shots. We'll pay you double to appear in any videos you do for the band, you've got that nighttime soap lined up and who had fun this past summer in that play?”
 
Jakotsu laughed. “I did... but, why does everyone have to bother me all the time? Oh hell, here's another one,” he said irritably. Jakotsu plastered a sunny smile on his face. “Hello.”
 
The fan-girl's eyes went wide. She stood there, looking like a fish out of water while her mouth flapped open wordlessly, before she found her voice. “He- hello...” she stammered.
 
Jakotsu took the paper and pen from her hand without saying a word. “Your name?” he finally asked.
 
“Kiku...”
 
“What a pretty name...” he said as he signed an autograph for her. Looking up, and smiling, he handed it to her.
 
“Thank you...”
 
“You're welcome.”
 
As quietly as she had approached them, the girl left, leaving them to finish their lunch in peace.
 
888
 
As they walked along, window shopping in Shibuya, Jakotsu was besieged with fans. When Bankotsu pointed out a large billboard with his likeness, the cross-dresser looked like he wanted to cry. A quick phone call and Bankotsu's driver pulled up ten minutes later.
 
Once they were inside, Bankotsu turned to his lover and asked, “Sweetness, do you mind if we stop at Yamaha's? I understand they do live performances there and I was thinking of booking Youkai there.”
 
“Yeah... I guess so.”
 
“You sure? If you don't want to, we don't have to.”
 
“That's okay, Ban honey, I don't mind.” Jakotsu sighed and leaned back against the car seat. “If I'm a superstar like you say I am, maybe we can get you special treatment?” And hopefully get out of there before anyone spots me...
 
 
“Thanks, Sweetness,” Bankotsu said as he squeezed Jakotsu's hand. Leaning forward, he told the driver to head over the Yamaha music store in Ginza. Fifteen minutes later, they pulled up in front of the building and got out.
 
Jakotsu looked around, relieved that passersby paid no more attention to him than their New York counterparts had that time he had gone to a medical conference with his friend, Suikotsu, as his wife. This time when he smiled, he meant it as they entered the building. The cross-dresser had a brief moment of panic when a few people inside the store stared at them and whispered, but other than that, they were largely ignored.
 
The two of them wandered through the store, Bankotsu briefly stopping to play a few scales on one of the many pianos on display. He laughed when Jakotsu clapped and called out, “Bravo!!” However, what really caught his eye were the cases of acoustic guitars. He longed to have a store clerk to take one out for him to play.
 
“Would you like me to get you one?” Jakotsu asked softly.
 
“Nah... I have a beautiful Yamaha at home. I really don't need two.” He turned to face his taller boyfriend. “And don't you dare get any ideas about buying me an electric one either. There are plenty of them at the studio if I feel like playing one.”
 
“Okay...” The cross-dresser pouted.
 
“It's not going to work, Sweetness. I don't play often enough for you to waste your money on it. And don't get ideas about suggesting one of your fans get you one too.”
 
“I can't help it if they want to lavish expensive gifts on me,” Jakotsu replied.
 
“Yeah? Just remember that next time someone asks you for an autograph and a picture together,” Bankotsu said dryly. “It's called `the price you pay for fame.'”
 
“I know... but I wish they wouldn't intrude on my special time alone with you.” The cross-dresser frowned while a couple of young guys shyly approached them. Sighing, he plastered a pleasant smile on his face only to get the shock of his life when they ignored him.
 
“Kusao-san...?” the taller of the two said.
 
“Yes?” Bankotsu said as he turned to face them.
 
“Could we, ummm...?”
 
The two stared at each other and back at Bankotsu.
 
Jakotsu, although he was relieved he was not recognized, was still miffed about it at the same time. As much as he hated the fuss and the disturbance, he loved the attention because it banished his feelings of inadequacy and insecurity. Now they all came rushing back, especially since he had chosen to accentuate his femininity, a look Bankotsu was rather fond of.
 
“Yes?” Bankotsu's voice pulled him from his reverie.
 
“Ummm...?”
 
“Kusao-san would be happy to sign an autograph for you. How did you know it was him, if I may ask?” the cross-dresser said.
 
“He's the wizard behind Youkai's sound!”
 
“Yeah! How can you not know who he is?” the shorter of the pair said.
 
Jakotsu nodded. “So you could say he's a star, no?
“Star?! He's a superstar!!”
 
“Yeah!!”
 
The cross-dresser giggled as Bankotsu sighed his name for them. “Do you have a camera phone? I'll take your picture together,” he added helpfully.
 
“You willl? Thanks, Onee-san!”
 
“No problem.” Jakotsu chuckled as he took their picture.
 
“Thank you both,” the taller fan said before he walked away with his friend.
 
“You're welcome,” Bankotsu called out to them as they waved. Turning to his lover, he said, “You're enjoying this, aren't you?”
 
“Yeah.” Jakotsu giggled as Bankotsu quirked an eyebrow at him. “Seriously...” He looked away, unsure of how to put it into words. Looking his lover in the eye, Jakotsu continued, “It hurt when they had no idea who I was.” He sighed. “But then I was happy for you as I felt badly about you always being in my shadow lately.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Yeah...” Jakotsu leaned forward and stole a quick kiss. “Being who I am, and what I am... it's hard to feel accepted and liked...”
 
“Well, I love you. That should count for a lot.”
 
Jakotsu nodded. “It does. But I'm also scared that it'll all go away and I'll be left with nothing...” he trailed off softly.
 
“Well, if it helps, I don't plan on going anywhere in the future.” Bankotsu took Jakotsu's hand and gently squeezed it.
 
“Yeah...?” The cross-dresser smiled.
 
“Yup.”
 
“Oh good,” Jakotsu said impishly. “So maybe we can take turns being the superstar?”
 
Bankotsu laughed. “Sounds like a plan to me.”
 
“A plan?” The cross-dresser sighed dramatically. “I was hoping it sounded more like a date...” he teased.
 
“Alright, my little superstar, let's go on date. I can always call them and set up a proper meeting.”
 
“Can we go play pachinko?”
 
“How many cheap knock-off `Hello Kitties' can I win for you?”
 
“Ummm... Win one first, and I'll let you know.” Jakotsu giggled.
 
“Okay, you've got a date and a deal,” Bankotsu said as they made their way outside the music store...