InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ #10 (kiss 10) ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

#10 (kiss 10)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
As of the time of this writing (which was in November of 2007), 10,000 yen was the equivalent of $89.78.
 
Onee-san means both older sister and Miss in Japanese. Here its meaning is Miss.
 
Warui waraiaccording to my friend Jen, who named Youkai's hit single, means evil laughterin Japanese. Odd choice of name for a love song...but I thought it sounded cool.
 
Jumeans then number ten in Japanese.
 
The Make-a-wish Foundation is a wonderful charity with chapters all over the world. They grant wishes to severely sick and dying children as a way to have some little bit of normalcy in the lives. As long as the wish is doable, they will do their best to grant it.
 
888
 
“And here we have the final bachelor in tonight's charity auction, number ten!” the announcer said. “Otherwise known as Kusao Bankotsu, our bachelor, ladies, is the head of Lucky Seven Records whose acts include such headliners as Youkai, Miyuki, and Taisho to name a few!! We'll start with an opening bid of ten thousand yen!”
 
Jakotsu, who was sitting with Youkai's wives, quickly raised his fan in the air.
 
“We have ten thousand yen; do I hear ten thousand, one hundred?”
 
Jakotsu stuck his fan up in the air again.
 
“Onee-san, you already placed the opening bid.”
 
“Oh...” Jakotsu giggled while his boyfriend discretely rubbed his temple.
 
Bankotsu had the feeling it was going to be a long night until a woman, sitting in the back, raised her fan.
 
“We have ten thousand, one hundred!”
 
Jakotsu stuck his fan up in the air and called out, “Eleven thousand!”
 
“Twelve thousand!” the other woman said.
 
Glaring over his shoulder at her, Jakotsu raised his fan in the air and cried, “Thirteen thousand!” He turned towards the back, a smug expression on his face that quickly fell when she out bid him by a hundred yen again. The cross-dresser stuck his fan up, not waiting for the auctioneer to acknowledge him, and said, “Fourteen thousand, one hundred!”
 
“Fourteen thousand, two hundred!!”
 
“Fifteen thousand!”
 
“Sixteen thousand!!”
 
“Seventeen thousand!!”
 
The bidding went on and on between the two for ten minutes, each one trying to outbid the other, until Jakotsu cried, as he stuck his fan up in the air, “Ten million yen!!”
 
All eyes turned to the woman in the back who silently shook her head “no.”
 
“Do I hear any more bids?” The auctioneer called out. “Going once, going twice, going three times!” He brought his hammer down in a loud bang. “Sold to the woman in the red dress for ten million yen!!”
 
The wives at the table congratulated him and Jakotsu ate it up. He was so happy to have won the date with his favorite bachelor-slash-boyfriend and the idea of sharing the day with him as well as making a seriously ill child's day, made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. He knew Mrs. Rosen, the woman he thought of as his American grandmother, would have been proud of him.
 
“Oh, and it appears we've set a new record for Make-a-Wish of Japan!” the announcer said happily. “It seems Kusao-san earned the most yen tonight in the history of our charity auctions.”
 
Everyone applauded as Bankotsu was reluctantly stepped forward on the stage.
 
“That's my honey-dumpling for you!!” Jakotsu said excitedly. He blew a kiss at him.
 
Bankotsu stood there, trying to motion at him to calm down without attracting too much attention. Luckily for the recorder producer, Rin saw it and spoke quietly to his paramour about behaving with the desired effect. Bankotsu made a mental note to have the ingredients for a chocolate cake with chocolate icing delivered the next day as he was sure she had bribed Jakotsu to behave with one.
 
A few more announcements and the bachelors were ushered outside the main ballroom in order to meet their “dates” as well as learn as which wish they were going to take part in granting.
 
“Can I help you, Onee-san?” the girl, who was sitting at a table with the bachelors, asked the cross-dresser.
 
“Yes, I'm Hibiya-san; I won bachelor number ten, Kusao-san.”
 
“Ah... yes!” She checked the list of names on her clipboard. “I have you down as granting a wish to Yamada Koji-san. He wanted to have a jam session with the band, Youkai.”
 
“Awesome!” Jakotsu giggled. “I like Youkai. They're a good band.”
 
“Ah... yes...” The girl looked up from her clipboard at the cross-dresser, smiling wanly at him. “Excuse me,” she said, turning her head to look over her shoulder. “Kusao-san, if you'll come here, please.”
 
Bankotsu sighed and walked over to them so he could meet his “date.” The recorder producer motioned discretely for his lover to behave and by the time he reached him, he had a smile on his face that matched the one on Jakotsu's.
 
“Hibiya-san, this is Kusao-san,” the girl said.
 
“Kusao-san,” Jakotsu said sweetly as if this was the first they were meeting.
 
“Hibiya-san,” Bankotsu said, playing along with the little charade. “It's a pleasure to meet you.”
 
“The pleasure is all mine,” the cross-dresser said saucily.
 
Bankotsu laughed. “Onee-san, what is the wish we're granting and with whom?”
 
“Yamada Koji-san. He is a huge fan of Youkai. His wish is to spend a day with the band and possibly jam with them if he's feeling up to it. He had been very sick, battling Leukemia and has recently gone into remission. The boy's still weak, but his doctors say the sooner we can schedule this, the better for him as it will help motivate him during his recovery.”
 
“I understand. How about tomorrow morning at ten?” Bankotsu said.
 
“I can be there any time you need me to,” Jakotsu added.
 
“Thank you, Kusao-san, Hibiya-san.” The girl made some notes on her clipboard. “I'll have someone call the studio tomorrow at nine to confirm this. If it's not okay, can we please reschedule?”
 
“Of course. Tell Yamada-san and his parents not to worry. Their new album's still in the planning stages.”
 
“Thank you so much, Kusao-san.”
 
“You're welcome.”
 
888
 
The next morning at ten o'clock sharp, Yamada Koji arrived with his parents at the studio. Introductions were made and soon they were on their way upstairs to the studio and Bankotsu's offices. The ten year old waited with barely controlled excitement as he rode the elevator with his family and Jakotsu.
 
“I saw you in the video for `Lucky Kisses.' You're the same girl who was in `Warui warai' too, right?”
 
Jakotsu nodded. “Yup. I had a lot of fun making them.”
 
“Yeah?” Koji smiled. “You're so lucky you got to hang out with the band!”
 
The cross-dresser giggled. “Well, now you're getting your chance, eh?”
 
“Yeah...” he said wanly.
 
Jakotsu looked up worriedly at his parents. His father gave the cross-dresser a slight shake of his head. Turning his attention back to Koji, Jakotsu asked, “So, how long have you been playing guitar?”
 
“Since I was six. My older brother taught me to play. He'd be here too if he didn't have to work,” Koji said, sounding very disappointed.
 
“I know Kusao-san was able to set this up very quickly, so maybe your brother's employer didn't have enough time to make arrangements to cover his shift and that's why he had to work.” Jakotsu grinned impishly and said, “Is your brother a fan of Youkai too?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“How about I see what I can do, okay?”
 
“You'd do that, Hibiya-san?” The ten year old brightened.
 
“Of course I would! It's not often I get to meet such an important guest around here. The chance to do something special for him would be my pleasure.” The cross-dresser smiled.
 
“Awesome! Thank you, Hibiya-san!”
 
“You're welcome,” Jakotsu said just as the elevator pinged and the doors opened. “We're here. If you'll please follow me?” he said as he exited and headed towards Bankotsu's offices.
 
Ten minutes later, they followed Bankotsu into the recording studio. It was separated into two rooms, one that was padded for the musician to play his instrument or the singer to sing in, and the other, larger room had the mixing board and other equipment needed to record the different tracks. Bankotsu and Koji donned headphones and after a quick explanation of what he was going to do, the record producer gave Sesshomaru, who was waiting in the other room, the okay to start playing his guitar.
 
The blond guitarist nodded and began strumming his guitar. It took a few tries until everyone was happy with the first track, before he moved onto playing the next. Soon the morning sped by as they recorded not only the tracks needed for Sesshomaru's guitar parts, but also the beginnings of some of the main vocals as well.
 
Bankotsu gently nudged the ten year old's arm, getting his attention. “Are you ready for lunch? Nishi-san is going to join us.”
 
Koji's eyes were wide as saucers when he heard that. “He is?” he said excitedly.
 
“Yup.” Bankotsu hit a switch and spoke into the mike. “Sessh, that's it for now. Let's break for lunch and afterwards we can lay down the tracks for the harmonies or we can go back and rerecord anything you're not happy with.”
 
“Okay,” they heard him say in their headphones.
 
Koji waited with barely controlled excitement as Sesshomaru left the recording booth and walked over to him.
 
Sticking out his hand, he said, “Hi, I'm Sessh Nishi. You must be Koji Yamada.”
 
“Yeah...” He motioned the blond closer. Whispering in his ear, he said, “It's Yamada Koji, Nishi-san.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “Forgive me, I'm from Seattle and I keep forgetting that...” He winked at the ten year old and they laughed. “So to make things easier, how about you call me, Sessh, and I call you, Koji?”
 
“Okay, Sessh-san.”
 
888
 
While they sat having lunch in the studio cafeteria, Koji peppered them with questions about the band and their music. “Ummm, Sessh-san?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Was it hard kissing Hibiya-san with everyone watching?”
 
Jakotsu giggled as everyone turned an expectant face towards the blond guitarist. “No... She's actually fun to kiss. Isn't she, Ban?”
 
“Most definitely. Hibiya-san is my girlfriend, Koji-kun.”
 
“Yeah, we met on the set when they shot the video for `Warui warai.' We had a nice quiet lunch together. Jakotsu looked over at his lover and smiled.
 
“Oh...” Koji said, trying hard not snicker at them.
 
“Koji, unfortunately the rest of guys aren't here but I was wondering if you like to go back to the studio and record a demo of just us two playing your favorite song,” Sesshomaru suggested when he noticed Koji seemed a bit tired.
 
“Yeah!” The ten year old perked up a bit. Even though they had sat quietly during the recording session, it was still tiring for him. Somehow he found the strength he needed to go back upstairs to the studio. Ten minutes later, Sesshomaru and Koji were sitting there, accompanying each other on an acoustic guitar while they sang an old ballad of Youkai's called, “Ju.”
 
888
 
“What a remarkable ten year old,” Bankotsu said as they watched Koji and his family leave.
 
“Yeah... I hope he's stays in remission for ten years, and then he'll be cured, right?” Jakotsu said when they turned towards the elevators.
 
“I honestly don't know if it's ten years and you're considered cured or five.”
 
The cross-dresser nodded. “You know, before the album comes out, we should send him a copy and have the band autograph it for him too. I think Koji would really like that. Oh and his brother's a fan and Koji said he was upset he couldn't come. I was wondering if maybe we could send him something too.”
 
“Excellent idea, Sweetness.”
 
“Thanks...” Jakotsu said as he leaned into his boyfriend.
 
“You're welcome.” Bankotsu pushed the button for the elevator. When it opened they entered and rode it up the ten floors to the studio, holding it briefly when they got there to steal a kiss...