InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Gardenia (kiss 11) ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Gardenia (kiss 11)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: Southern Garden is a real garden center in Tokyo.
 
888
 
 
It was the morning after their first serious-enough-to-consider-breaking-up fight. Even after sleeping on it, Bankotsu still could not figure what he had done wrong. He lay in bed and went over the events of the night before in his head. Nothing stood out except Jakotsu getting upset about not being a woman. The record producer's eyes went wide. Oh shit! He thinks I'm going leave him for a woman. Of all the people in the universe to run into, I had to run into you, Yumi... Bankotsu groaned. He got up out of bed and padded towards the kitchen.
 
Once there, he started a pot of coffee and while he waited for it to finish brewing, he stared at the phone. Should I call him or what...? Then he remembered what Suikotsu had told him to do after they had had their first fight. He picked up the phone and dialed the local florist. At first he wasn't sure he had the right place because the way the guy had answered the phone, Bankotsu was sure he had reached the local brothel. Apparently the new owner of the flower shop had renamed it “The House of Kittens” and since Bankotsu knew the name was something that would appeal to Jakotsu; he spent the next twenty minutes, trying to come up with an alternate to hydrangeas as they were out of them. Finally, the ever helpful Hidaka Ken had talked him into getting an arrangement of gardenias instead. According to the language of flowers, they represented feminine grace, subtlety and artistry and aside from the subtlety, it seemed like Jakotsu to him.
 
“Thank you for your help, Hidaka-san.”
 
My pleasure, Kusao-san. So you want these delivered to, he rattled off Jakotsu's address, before five o'clock today?
 
“Yes.”
 
Will someone be there to accept them?
 
“I'll see to it someone's there. And thank you again.”
 
You're welcome...”
 
“Bye...”
 
Bankotsu hung up feeling slightly better about the whole thing. He quickly dialed Jakotsu's friend Suikotsu and had him make sure the cross-dresser would be home to receive them.
 
888
 
Jakotsu set the arrangement down on kitchen counter and read the card.
 
Hey Sweetness,
 
I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about last night. It's all my fault and you had every right to be angry with me. I hope you'll forgive me.
 
Love,
 
Your dumpling
 
PS: Sorry I couldn't get you any hydrangeas; they were all out of them.
 
The cross-dresser smiled as he looked up from the card at the flowers. They smell so pretty unlike hydrangeas...The cross-dresser leaned over and buried his nose in pretty blossoms, inhaling deeply. He pulled back and sneezed. Calling himself silly, he grabbed the kettle, filled it with water and set it boil. After taking out a cup and a packet of cocoa, he opened the packet, pouring it into the cup and adding a spoon. While waiting for the water to boil he called Bankotsu.
 
Hello... Kusao speaking.
 
“Hey there... it's me.”
 
Sweetness...? Jakotsu could hear the smile in Bankotsu's voice, his own face contorting as he tried not to sneeze.
 
“Yeah... I want to aaah...aaah... aaah-chooo!” The cross-dresser sneezed a few more times in succession.
 
Are you okay?
 
“Yeah...” Jakotsu sniffed. He sneezed again. “I just wanted to thank you for the flowers,” he managed to squeak out, before sneezing again. “I don't know why I can't stop sneezing.”
 
You're not getting sick are you?
 
“No. I haven't felt better... aaah-chooo!”
 
Are you allergic to something?
 
“I don't think so...” The cross-dresser looked around his kitchen. “Oh hell...” he said softly and sneezed. I wonder if it's those pretty flowers that are making me sneeze.
 
What?!
 
“Nothing...”
 
You sure?
 
Jakotsu walked away from the flowers and sneezed again. “Yeah... I just knocked over the black pepper,” he fibbed.
 
Black pepper?
 
Jakotsu half giggled, half sneezed. “Yeah, it's a spice used in American cooking.”
 
Oh...”
 
“Yeah... aaah...aaah...aah-chooo!”
 
Are you sure you're not allergic to those flowers?
 
“Well... ummm...” the cross-dresser hedged.
 
Damn it! I screwed up again! Bankotsu groaned. I'm sorry, Sweetness, I had no idea you were allergic to them. They sounded so pretty over the phone.
 
“It's okay, Ban honey, it's not your fault. I didn't know either...” Jakotsu held the phone away and sneezed again. “I'm sorry, I have to go; my nose is starting to run.” He hung without waiting for a reply and, grabbing a paper towel, he blew his nose.
 
Five minutes later the phone rang again.
 
“Hey there...”
 
Look, I'm on my way over. Just take the damned flowers and throw them out before you get sick or something, Bankotsu said as he left his apartment. And don't forget to take some allergy medicine! He hung up his cell phone.
 
“Yes, boss...” Jakotsu said to the dial tone before he also hung up.
 
888
 
Bankotsu hurried down the street towards Southern Garden before it closed. He had been miserably lost while trying to find the garden center, and after asking for directions for what felt like the fifty millionth time in the space of an hour, he finally located the store just as they were about to close. Thankfully, they had several containers of hydrangeas or Bankotsu was sure he would have had a breakdown in the store if they were out of them. He also would have bought every last one they had if he could have carried them all home in his arms. Instead, he settled for the largest one he could lift. His wallet some three thousand yen lighter, he hurried towards the train station.
 
Unfortunately, he arrived at the tail end of rush hour and the ride across Tokyo was a nightmare of frowns and accidental elbow jabs as the businessmen all jostled for a place to stand comfortably on the overcrowded train. Bankotsu was happy the hydrangea bush was hardy and withstood the pushing and shoving better than he did, while secretly wishing Jakotsu liked roses instead. He sure a few well placed thorn pricks would have given him a comfortable place to stand as everyone crowded away from him.
 
Just when it felt like he was an inch away from exploding, the train pulled into the station and the young record producer was swept out with the other businessmen onto the platform. From there it was a quick trip upstairs and Bankotsu was at street level. Two long blocks later, and he was eagerly rushing up the pathway to Jakotsu's apartment.
 
888
 
This time when Jakotsu opened the door, he was greeted by the sight of his boyfriend holding onto a large hydrangea bush that was meant to be planted outdoors. He giggled. “Come in,” he said, holding the door open for Bankotsu to enter.
 
“I'm sorry this is all I could get.”
 
“It's beautiful, Ban honey...” Jakotsu dabbed under his eyes with a tissue as he sniffed, before wiping his nose.
 
“Please tell me these aren't making you allergic too...” Bankotsu said, sounding as worried as he felt. “Did you take something for it?”
 
Jakotsu nodded, and taking the plant from Bankotsu, he set it down next to the window in his living room. “No allergies; I'm just so happy I have such a wonderful boyfriend, that I could cry...”
 
Bankotsu came over to him and gathering him into his arms, he said, “Oh good... I was worried there for a minute...”
 
The cross-dresser kissed him. “Feeling any better? I know I am.” He smiled as he stifled a yawn.
 
“Yeah... Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah, allergy stuff always makes me sleepy...” Jakotsu yawned. “Oh, and Inoue-san said to thank you for the flowers.”
 
Bankotsu looked away, somewhat embarrassed.
 
“Ban honey, she's eighty five years old and was thrilled to pieces that I gave them to her. Don't worry; I saved the card and I told her I got them from work as I often bring home flowers for her. My fans usually send them to me there and if I can share them and brighten her day, why not?”
 
Bankotsu nodded. “That's so sweet...”
 
“Isn't that why you can me `Sweetness?''” Jakotsu said impishly.
 
Bankotsu chuckled. “Shut up and kiss me.”
 
“With pleasure...” Jakotsu said as he leaned in to comply...