InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ kHz/kilohertz (kiss 17) ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

kHz/kilohertz (kiss 17)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: Babaa means old woman, or old hag in Japanese.
 
Yankii means delinquent youth in Japanese.
 
Jijii means old man, or geezer in Japanese.
 
Okama is Japanese slang for drag queen.
 
As always, special thanks to Jen for all her help with this!
 
888
 
“What the hell are you listening too? Or is your tape recorder broken?”
 
Bankotsu reached over and hit the off switch. “It's a demo tape for a new band called kilohertz or kHz... I'm not sure which one it is.”
 
“They sound like shit.”
 
“Actually, they have some talent.”
 
“You're kidding me?”
 
“I kid you not, Sweetness. And there is a market for hardcore punk.”
 
“That's what it's called? I thought it was noise.”
 
Bankotsu laughed.
 
“What's so funny?”
 
“You.”
 
“Me?”
 
“Yeah, you sound like an old fart.”
 
“Oh really?”
 
“Yeah... but then you're forgetting,” Bankotsu said as he reached out to pull his life-partner close. “I like older women...” he teased, giving the cross-dresser “the look.”
 
Jakotsu, however, was not amused and he said tartly, “Well, if you want, I can go find you one.”
 
“That's not what I meant, Sweetness!”
 
“It sure sounded like it,” the cross-dresser said peevishly.
 
“I'm sorry; I didn't mean it that way. When you're all dressed like that it's ummm...” Bankotsu trail off helplessly.
 
Jakotsu glared at his life-partner. “You know what; I don't feel like going out any more. I'm going to go take a shower and go to bed. You can go clubbing by yourself tonight. Maybe you'll get lucky and find yourself a real woman!” He turned on his heel and stormed off into their bedroom.
 
“Sweetness!” Bankotsu got up and hurried after him. Damn it! I really stepped it big time. Note to self, maybe signing that girl band wasn't such a hot idea after all.
 
888
 
Jakotsu got into the elevator followed by four scruffy looking youths. He gave them a cursory glance, before hitting the button for floor number seventeen. “What floor do you want?” he asked.
 
“Seventeen.”
 
The cross-dresser nodded, and proceeded to ignore them. However, the guys made it difficult by bragging about their latest conquests and Jakotsu found his thoughts straying to his life-partner. His mouth twitched upward in a slight smile. He was here to surprise Bankotsu with a little fun before his meeting with the new band because he felt bad about the fight he had started last night.
 
“What are you smiling at, Babaa?”
 
The cross-dresser blinked when the guy repeated his question. “I'm sorry, were you talking to me?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Oh...”
 
“So, what are you smiling at?”
 
“I'm here to meet my boyfriend.”
 
The guys burst out laughing.
 
“Yeah right! There's no way an old hag like you has a boyfriend here!”
 
“Oh really?” Jakotsu drawled, quirking an eyebrow at them, while he reined in his anger.
 
“Yeah! Unless you're balling the building's janitor!” the guy with the bleached out hair said as the rest laughed.
 
“Oh, he's a little more than the janitor.”
 
“Security guard?”
 
“Wouldn't you love to know,” Jakotsu said smugly while the guys took in the tanuki coat and expensive looking boots he was wearing. When he patted his hair, flashing the one carat diamond engagement ring, Bankotsu had given him to show he was serious about him, their laughter died down.
 
They rode the next two floors in silence, before the guy with the bright blue hair and tight leather jeans said, “So who you balling, Babaa?”
 
“Why do you want to know? Are you looking to sleep your way into a contract?”
 
“Hell no! We're so good record companies come looking for us!”
 
“Yeah!” his pink-haired twin affirmed.
 
“Yeah? Then why are you here? I would have imagined Kusao-san would be meeting with you elsewhere, no?”
 
“You know who Kusao-san is?”
 
Jakotsu nodded. If only you knew just how well I know him...
 
“I don't believe it. You probably read his name on the board downstairs, same as we did,” the bleach blond said.
 
“You yankii think I care whether or not you believe me?” Jakotsu chuckled.
 
“Talking tough, eh, Babaa?” the blond sneered. “I bet you're shitting in your grandma bloomers.”
 
The cross-dresser snorted in amusement. “You wish, Yankii.”
 
“You think we should teach her a lesson?”
 
“After our meeting; we can't be late.”
 
“Ooh... is that a promise or a threat?” Jakotsu asked sweetly.
 
“Watch your mouth, Babaa!”
 
Jakotsu rolled his eyes at them, before looking over at the floor display. Oh hell! I'm stuck with these assholes for another three floors. He sighed softly.
 
Thankfully the last three floors went by quickly. When at last the doors opened, Jakotsu was pleasantly surprised to see the Nishi brothers waiting for the elevator. “Hey, guys,” he said as he exited.
 
Sesshomaru, true to form, kissed the cross-dresser's cheek. “Jaki, what are you doing here?”
 
“I came to surprise Ban before his meeting.”
 
“What are you looking at?” the bleach blond said as he exited the elevator along with the rest of his band.
 
“Nothing much,” Inuyasha said quietly.
 
“What was that?” The bleach blond scowled at Inuyasha. “Well, anyway make sure you remember who you're looking at, Jijii.”
 
“Why should I?” The younger Nishi quirked his eyebrow at him, and folding his arms across his chest, he stared the younger man down.
 
“You're looking at Lucky Seven Record's newest recording stars.”
 
“You don't say...” Inuyasha said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
 
“Yeah! kHz is going to be bigger than that craptastic Youkai they promote to death.”
 
“You hear that, Sessh? They're going to be bigger than Youkai!”
 
“I heard,” Sesshomaru replied, not really paying attention to what they were saying. Leaning over to whisper in Jakotsu's ear, he said, “You rode the whole way up here with these assholes?”
 
The cross-dresser nodded.
 
“You poor thing.”
 
“Tell me about it. At least they didn't recognize me or I'd have to listen to them mouth off about me being an okama.”
 
“If Ban signs them, they're going to give Nagashima-san ulcers on top of ulcers.”
 
“I know... I almost feel sorry for Jaken-san, but then again he gets paid a lot for what he does. Although, I think I am going to suggest a raise if Ban does sign them. There's no way you can put a nice spin on any of the shit that comes out of their mouths.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “Anyway, I've gotta go. I'm taking Rin to the doctor in about an hour so I can hear the baby's heartbeat.”
 
“Cool! Give her a big kiss from me, okay?”
 
“Will do.” He turned and headed over to his brother. “Is there a problem, baby bro?” Sesshomaru asked, staring at the younger bandmates.
 
“No, just some lil darlings mouthing off about how they're better than Youkai,” Inuyasha said sweetly.
 
Sesshomaru silently mouthed, “Better than Youkai,” a few times as his expression grew darker and darker. Suddenly finding his voice, he said, “What do you assholes mean, `better than Youkai'?” His expression grew even darker.
 
“What's not to understand, Jijii? Those geezers suck dog dick with their crappy lil pop tunes that my granny wouldn't be caught dead listening to!”
 
“Is that so?” Sesshomaru said, his face going void of all expression. The temperature in the hallway seemed to suddenly drop as the elder Nishi fixed kHz with a stony glare.
 
“Let's go, Sessh,” Inuyasha said. He tried pushing his brother towards the elevator.
 
“I have some trash to take care of first.” The elder Nishi cracked his knuckles.
 
“Ooh... I'm scared!” the bleach blond said and his bandmates laughed.
 
“Good, you should be...” Sesshomaru said softly. Taking advantage of kHz's inattention, he balled his fist and punched the bleach blond in jaw. Turning to his brother just as the elevator door pinged open, he said, “Now I'm ready to leave.” Without so much as a backwards glance, he calmly walked into the elevator. “You coming, Inuyasha?”
 
Oh hell, they're going to die now! Jakotsu briefly watched the scene play out, before slipping away towards his life-partner's office.
 
888
 
“What are you doing here?” Bankotsu said, getting up from his desk, and coming over to greet his life-partner.
 
“I wanted to apologize for last night. I know you didn't mean it...” Jakotsu said softly.
 
“Yeah, well I shouldn't have said it.” The younger man gathered the cross-dresser in his arms.
 
“It's okay... I had a headache and I shouldn't have taken it out on you.”
Bankotsu nodded. “Ummm... as much as I love having you here, I'm sorry, Sweetness; I have a meeting scheduled to begin in a few minutes.”
 
“Oh, that's okay. They got held up by the elevator,” Jakotsu said smugly. “So we have plenty of time for a quickie.” He kissed the shorter man.
 
Bankotsu laughed. “You're kidding right?”
 
“Nope... Your new band just told Sessh Youkai sucks, and I quote, `dog dick.'”
 
“Oh shit!” Bankotsu turned and fled his office, worry about blood staining the hallway clearly seen on his face.
 
The cross-dresser hurried after him.
 
888
 
Bankotsu found the band crowding around their leader, who was sitting on the floor, fingering his jaw.
 
“Are you alright?” the owner of Lucky Seven Records asked, holding out a hand to help the bleach blond up.
 
“Yeah... Some crazy geezer assaulted me when we got out of the elevator. The bitch saw the whole thing, didn't you?”
 
“The bitch?” Bankotsu frowned as he looked over at the cross-dresser.
 
“I had the pleasure of riding in the elevator with them, Ban honey,” Jakotsu said sweetly.
 
“Ban honey?” the blond repeated stupidly.
 
“Yeah, I told you guys I was here to meet my boyfriend but you were too busy shooting your mouths off to listen.” The cross-dresser beamed at them.
 
“Hey look, lady, we're sorry,” the pink haired guy said. “Right, Taiki?”
 
“What's to be sorry for, Daisuke? We didn't do anything wrong.”
 
Bankotsu looked skeptical as he said politely, “Nishi-san wouldn't hurt anyone unless they were accosting a woman or insulting his band. You weren't bothering my, uh...” He briefly looked over at Jakotsu and back at the blond. “Girlfriend on the elevator, were you?”
 
“No! But I bet the uh, she lied to him. They seemed pretty friendly with each other. Very touchy-feely.”
 
“Shut up, Taiki!” the blue haired twin said.
 
“Shut up yourself, Hiro!” The blond glared at his bandmates. “We have a meeting to get to. And thanks for giving me the geezer's name so I can press charges.” He grinned.
 
“The meeting's over.”
 
“Hunh?”
 
“My boyfriend's Kusao-san; that's how I know him by the way,” Jakotsu said sweetly.
 
The blond's face fell as he eyes went wide in shock. “I'm sorry, Kusao-san,” he started to say when Bankotsu held up a hand.
 
Just then, the elevator doors opened and two security guards stepped out. “Everything okay, Kusao-san?” the taller of the two asked.
 
“Nishi-san said there were some kids creating a ruckus up here,” his partner added.
 
“Everything's under control. I just need you to escort these kids outside for me.”
 
“Anything you say, Kusao-san.”
 
The two security guards ushered the sputtering Taiki and his bandmates towards the elevators while Bankotsu, cell phone in hand, and the cross-dresser watched. The door pinged open and they were taken none too gently inside. To add insult to injury, the last thing kHz heard before the doors pinged shut, was Jakotsu saying, “Ban honey, I told you last night they sucked.”