InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Say “ahh...” [or “a~n?” ](kiss 18) ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Say “ahh...” [or “a~n?” ](kiss 18)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: Please note that the following was given as an explanation for this theme: a~n is also something really smug guys say, like, I look really hot tonight, a~n?... having the question mark in there makes it difficult to know which one is meant, so either interpretation is ok.In order to make it easier to type and read, I'm changing a~n 221;into ahn.&# 8221;
 
Once again, mega-thanks go out to Jen for all her suggestions!
 
888
 
“I look really hot tonight, ahn?” Jakotsu purred. He took a few steps like he was on a catwalk towards Bankotsu, before spinning neatly on his heel, and sauntering away.
 
Bankotsu shook his head. “You always look hot to me.”
 
“I do?” the cross-dresser said softly. He came over and sat on his life-partner's lap.
 
The younger man nodded. They snaked their arms around each other and kissed. Breaking the kiss, Bankotsu said, “Sweetness, if you keep this up we're going to be late.”
 
“Sui won't mind, I'll just tell him we were having a bit of fun and lost track of the time.”
 
“Yeah, but Ren will. He's very punctual.”
 
Jakotsu rolled his eyes. “You mean anal.”
 
“No, I mean punctual. Ren likes to be on time for things.”
 
“Yeah, well, I like to be fashionably late.” The cross-dresser giggled.
 
Bankotsu grinned. “Okay, you win. We'll have a quickie.”
 
“Yay!” Jakotsu said happily. Getting up, he started pulling his sweater up over his head.
 
888
 
“Are you sure you told them tonight at seven?” Renkotsu said as Suikotsu waved the waiter away.
 
“Yeah, I made sure to tell Ban instead of Jak. You don't think they had an accident?” The pediatrician frowned.
 
“No, because we picked this place as it was easy to get to by train,” Renkotsu said calmly. “Oh good, there they are.” He waved discretely.
 
Bankotsu spotted them first and minutes later they were seated at the table. “Sorry we're late.”
 
“That's okay,” Suikotsu said.
 
“It's all my fault, Sui. Ban thought I looked really hot tonight and well, uh...” Jakotsu trailed off smugly.
 
“Sweetness,” Bankotsu said tiredly. “I don't think they're interested.”
 
“Oh...”
 
“That's a pretty sweater, Jak. You look good in pink,” the pediatrician said, neatly changing the subject. He held up a hand, signaling the waiter to come over to their table.
 
The cross-dresser immediately brightened. “I look really hot tonight, ahn?” he purred at his friend.
 
“Very...” Suikotsu said, his eyes twinkling with amusement. “Now be a good little girl and tell the waiter what you want.”
 
Jakotsu giggled. “I'll have the tuna sashimi, please, and some green tea.”
 
The waiter smiled appreciatively at him while he wrote Jakotsu's order down. The rest of the men were practically ignored when they placed their order.
 
888
 
After dinner, Jakotsu had talked his friends into going to a club. They hung around the bar, watching the people crowding the dance floor, as techno pop throbbed loudly in the background. Out on the dance floor it was blaring at bone jarring decibels for the writhing mass of humanity that danced to its beat. The cross-dresser sat on one of the bar stools, wiggling in place.
 
“Why don't you go out on the dance floor, Jak? I think you would have more fun out there,” Renkotsu suggested.
 
“Yeah...” the cross-dresser said airily, dismissing the idea with a wave of his hand.
 
“Yeah, but then the bartenders can't watch him.” Bankotsu chuckled.
 
“Hey, I can't help if they think I'm really hot.” He placed his upturned arm on the bar, leaning on his hand, and smiling sweetly at the bartender. “I look really hot tonight, ahn?”
 
“Very...” He grinned at the cross-dresser and handed him another bottle of beer. I especially love the way you drink your overpriced Kirin...
 
Jakotsu giggled and Bankotsu, looking over at him, heaved a long suffering sigh.
 
“That's it. Let's go!” Suikotsu said, grabbing his friend by the arm. “Your husband's getting annoyed.”
 
“Hunh?” Jakotsu looked up at his friend as he slid off his bar stool to land somewhat unsteadily on his feet. He giggled.
 
“Seriously, Jak, if you're not careful one of these days you're going to wake up and Ban will be gone.” Suikotsu dragged him away from the bar so that he could speak to him in private, but not before Jakotsu grabbed his Kirin.
 
“Oh...”
 
“Yeah. We all know you're beautiful, both inside and out, and we're your friends and lover and our opinions should be the ones that count, not some total stranger's.”
 
Jakotsu smiled. “I know, but I have to look good; it's part of my job. I don't need strangers stroking my ego but when you're an actor, people love you and want to show you all the time and the better you are the more they show you...” the cross-dresser rambled on.
 
“Yes, I know as an actor it's important for you to be loved by the general public, but don't forget about those of us who really love you.”
 
The cross-dresser nodded. “I hurt Ban's feelings, hunh?”
 
Suikotsu opened his mouth to say something, and closed it with a sigh. “He didn't say, but I know if I was him, I'd be hurt.”
 
Jakotsu looked away embarrassed. “You're right...” He glanced up at his friend and smiled. “Thanks, Sui.”
 
“You're welcome.”
 
They walked back to the others. The cross-dresser threw his arms around his life-partner, hitting him in the back with his Kirin, and kissed him. “I'm sorry.”
 
“What for?”
 
“For going overboard and shooting my mouth off about looking so hot tonight at your expense,” Jakotsu said as he leaned his forehead on the younger man's.
 
“Hey, I'm with the most beautiful person in the place, it's to be expected that people would notice you and make a fuss over you. You enjoy things like that; I don't, so I don't worry about it. I know it's me you're waking up to every morning, so what's the big deal,” Bankotsu said, pushing his life-partner off him.
 
“Yeah...?” the cross-dresser's eyes were wet with unshed tears. Jakotsu took a few unsteady steps backwards.
 
“Are you okay, Sweetness?”
 
“Uh-hunh...”
 
“You sure?”
 
“Yeah...” Jakotsu turned his head carefully to the side as everything was starting to spin in a strange way. “Ren?”
 
“What?”
 
“Can you please get me another Kirin?” The cross-dresser flashed him his sunniest smile.
 
“Jak, you didn't finish the one you have,” Renkotsu pointed out.
 
The cross-dresser looked at the beer in his hand. “Oh yeah...” He giggled and handed it to his friend. He drunkenly sauntered away from the bar towards the dance floor, pulling Bankotsu along with him. Turning around to face his lover, the cross-dresser put his arms around the shorter man's neck. As they danced together, Jakotsu started moving his hips in time with the beat, moving closer and closer to rub suggestively against Bankotsu.
 
Renkotsu shook his head, and leaning towards his boyfriend, he said, “I think he's wasted or extremely horny.” He chuckled.
 
“Oh hell...” Suikotsu counted discretely on his fingers. “But he only had five beers so far and I've seen he drink more than that. Besides, I have a feeling they were late because somebody decided he wanted a lil loving before dinner.”
 
“You're kidding?” Renkotsu asked and Suikotsu nodded. “I guess that explains the huge smile on his face when they finally showed up.” The custom bike designer grinned. “Only five, hunh? I know he had two more while you were in bathroom, so that's seven.”
 
“He's reaching his limit.”
 
“His limit?”
 
“Yeah, we roomed together in college and I remember a few parties where I had to carry him home.”
 
“Oh crap.”
 
“I bet something set him off tonight. I don't think it was a fight, or I would have had a phone call and he would have been all teary-eyed instead of glowing...” Suikotsu trailed off, rubbing his chin, as he thought it over.
 
“Maybe he's just feeling needy tonight. He seems like he's high maintenance at times. I mean I don't know him as well as you two do, but from what I've seen, I'm surprised Ban hasn't tossed him out on his ass by now. And speaking of ass...”
 
They looked over in time to see the cross-dresser take a few wobbly steps only to trip over his own two feet and land on his butt.
 
“Hehehehe...” He giggled as Bankotsu helped him up. With his arm around his life-partner's neck, he easily pulled him close enough to kiss.
 
“Let's go help him before someone recognizes them,” Suikotsu said tiredly.
 
“Okay.”
 
888
 
“Ban honey...”
 
“What?”
 
“I don't feel so good... I think that sashimi was bad,” Jakotsu said. He closed his eyes and made a face.
 
Oh hell... “I'm sorry...” Bankotsu said softly to their friends.
 
“It's okay, Ban,” Suikotsu said. “So what's the matter, Jak?”
 
“I feel nauseous...” He looked over at his friend.
“Men's room!” the others chorused.
 
888
 
“Hey! You can't bring her in here!”
 
“She's not a `her'; she's a he,” Renkotsu said matter-of-factly. “And if you don't want to be cleaning up the floor in few minutes, you'll let us in.”
 
Jakotsu looked up at the men's room attendant and moaned piteously.
 
“Get in and get out. And if I find any funny business going-” he cut his tirade off when Jakotsu made a loud retching noise.
 
“There she blows...” Renkotsu quipped as the other two hurried the cross-dresser into a stall. He took his time walking over to the stall, and once there, he stood outside of it, his arms neatly folded across chest, like he was standing guard.
 
Inside the stall, Jakotsu stood over the floor toilet, heaving his guts up and, crying incoherently about being an old hag.
 
“I'm going to go get him some water,” Suikotsu said. “I'll be right back.” He stepped out of the stall.
 
“Is he going to be okay?”
 
“Yeah. He'll be fine tomorrow when he wakes up, Ren, although, he's going to be so hungover he's going to wish he was dead.”
 
“No kidding.” He grinned. “I'm sorry, I can't help it. I've never seen him like this before and he's funny.”
 
“I know...” The pediatrician left the bathroom.
 
“Ren, can you get me a wet paper towel?” Bankotsu called out as the cross-dresser retched again.
 
“Sure,” Renkotsu said. He walked over to the sink and wet a few paper towels. Coming back, he opened the stall door and handed them over. “Is he okay?”
 
“Yeah... and thanks.” Bankotsu took the wad of wet paper towels and handed them to Jakotsu, who wordlessly wiped his face with them. “I'm sorry we ruined your evening.” The recorder producer sighed wearily as he exited the stall.
 
“Don't worry about it, Ban.” It's certainly been entertaining...
 
“You sure?”
 
Renkotsu nodded just as Jakotsu emerged. “You okay, Jak?”
 
The cross-dresser said softly, “Uh-hunh...”
 
“Come, Sweetness, we're going home.”
 
“Why? Don't I look hot tonight?” Jakotsu asked and Renkotsu had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. The cross-dresser's hair which had been elegantly arranged on top of his head, now hung in loose tendrils about his face which would have been sexy if it was wasn't wet with sweat and dotted with flecks of vomit. His artfully applied make-up was smudged all over his face and his mascara made two dark splotches under his eyes, giving him the appearance of a demented tanuki. Renkotsu gave the younger man an amused look, wondering how he was going to handle it without upsetting the cross-dresser.
 
Bankotsu smiled as if Jakotsu looked as neatly dressed as he did at the start of their evening. “Very hot, and I'm tired of everyone making eyes at you.”
 
“Yeah...?” Jakotsu smiled at his life-partner and giggled when Bankotsu took him by the arm, quickly propelling him out of the men's room before he could catch a glimpse of his appearance in the mirror.
 
“Yup. Now let's go.”
 
“Okay.”
 
They met Suikotsu outside the men's room. “Here, have some water, Jak.”
 
“I don't know... my stomach hurts.”
 
“I know, but you were sick in there and I don't want you getting dehydrated.”
 
When the cross-dresser looked at him uncertainly, Bankotsu added, “You'll feel a bit better, Sweetness if you listen to Sui. I'll even get you more water at the station.”
 
Jakotsu took the glass and had a few sips. “Okay?”
 
“Have a little more and then we can leave,” Suikotsu said.
 
“I'd rather have another Kirin...” the cross-dresser whined petulantly.
 
“That'll make you sick.”
 
“Oh...” Jakotsu pouted.
 
“Jak, just drink the damn water already,” Renkotsu said quietly.
 
The cross-dresser blinked at him owlishly, but complied. Leaving the glass on a nearby table, they left the club.
 
888
 
Jakotsu leaned on Renkotsu unsteadily as Bankotsu fumbled with the key in the lock. He was crying softly about how sorry he was that he had made a mess of things tonight while Suikotsu quietly reassured him he did nothing of the sort.
 
Minutes later they stood in the apartment's genkan, taking their shoes off, while Jakotsu sat on the floor and laughed himself silly when his boot got stuck on his foot.
 
“Ban honey...?” He held up his foot, the boot dangling from it at an odd angle.
 
“Give me that,” Bankotsu said, reaching down and grabbing the boot. He tugged a few times before it came off. The other one soon followed and Jakotsu was pulled to his feet only to be dragged down the hall to their bedroom. He giggled and cried as his vanity and insecurity warred with each other until Renkotsu, tired of listening to his tirade, told him he was the sexiest old broad he had ever seen.
 
“You really think I'm that hot looking?” the bedraggled cross-dresser asked.
 
“Jak, you're so hot, I'm buying Ban a fire extinguisher to keep under your bed just in case you self combust from hotness,” he said dryly.
 
“Yeah...?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“You hear that, Ban honey? I am hot!” Jakotsu said happily as he sat down on the bed.
 
“You're telling me something I don't already know?” Bankotsu kissed his cheek, before removing Jakotsu's sweater and carefully set it on the floor. His lacy black bra and falsies soon joined it.
 
“Here.” Suikotsu handed the cross-dresser a t-shirt. He chuckled at Jakotsu's futile attempt to put it on, before Bankotsu helped him. His skirt, garter belt, and stockings soon followed before Bankotsu tucked him in bed.
 
“Night!!” Jakotsu said cheerily. Two minutes later he retched. Moaning softly, he said piteously, “I don't feel good...”
 
“At least you look hot even if you don't feel good,” Renkotsu quipped as Bankotsu and Suikotsu groaned.
 
“Yeah...” the cross-dresser said. He hurriedly got up and stumbled past them into the master bath.
 
Bankotsu followed the cross-dresser to make sure he was alright. After a few minutes he emerged from the bathroom.
 
“Is he okay?” Suikotsu asked.
 
“Yeah. He wants me to make him some weak tea. Come, I'll make some for all of us while he sleeps it off.” Bankotsu and the others headed towards the kitchen. On the way there, he started to quietly explain the cross-dresser's behavior.
 
“I'm really sorry again about this evening. I should have listened to my guts feeling and canceled, but he really enjoys your company,” Bankotsu apologized.
 
“Don't worry about it, Ban,” the pediatrician said. “I've seen him in this condition before, so it's nothing new. Just don't let him have any aspirin tomorrow for his hangover, give him Tylenol instead. The last thing he needs is his ulcer acting up.”
 
“Okay...” Bankotsu said quietly when they reached the kitchen.
 
He filled the kettle with water, and set it to boil on the stove while he got a couple of mugs out of the cabinet, the teapot, and the box of loose tea. Opening a drawer, he took out a spoon to measure it as well as a tea strainer. He left everything on the counter, and turning to face is friends, he said, “What I started to say before is this; I know it doesn't excuse his behavior, but a couple of young assholes called him an old hag yesterday on the way up to my office. And then Yumi-chan got a hold of my home phone number and left several messages on the answering machine.” Bankotsu groaned softly and rubbed his forehead tiredly. “That bitch is the bane of my existence. I don't know how many times I have to tell her I'm not interested in her before it sinks in.”
 
“Maybe she's just trying to sleep her way in good with the boss-man and it wouldn't matter who you were living with,” Renkotsu said as a possible explanation for the girl singer. “She looks good, but her music isn't that great.”
 
“I know... But I'm getting tired of explaining myself to the two of them all the time. I think if she keeps it up, I'm going to simply terminate her contract.” Bankotsu turned off the stove when the kettle had started whistling. He poured the hot water into the teapot, added the loose tea and stirred. Setting the spoon down, he picked up the strainer and poured some tea into a mug for Jakotsu, before setting the teapot back down on the counter. “And I think losing out on that job he wanted to a younger woman didn't help.”
 
“What job?” Suikotsu asked.
 
“It's a series of commercials for some make-up. He's got the print add for it, but they decided to go with a younger woman for the TV adds. I don't know what the big deal is, especially since his character Emiko has been generating a lot of publicity for him since she found out she was pregnant.”
 
Renkotsu laughed. “I saw that interview he did when they announced it and how excited he was to have such a unique acting challenge. You'd swear he was thinking of having a baby himself.”
 
“Oh yeah...” Bankotsu chuckled.
 
“You don't know the half of it, Ban. Jak spent my day off, pouring over my old medical books, and asking me questions about what it's like to be pregnant. I finally told him to go lunch with the girls and ask them as they'd have first hand knowledge. He must have too, because he been dead on in his performance.”
 
“Exactly! So why he's so damned upset over losing that stupid job is beyond me. He's reached the point where they work around his schedule, so he's home a lot more than he used to be,” Bankotsu said tiredly.
 
“Because some people don't like the idea of getting old,” Renkotsu said.
 
“Not only that, but Jak is in a profession where looks are everything and youth is celebrated until you reach a certain age, where you are suddenly celebrated for having such a long and distinguished career. Thankfully, he still has a few years to go before he reaches that point. And he's also very insecure to begin with which doesn't help,” Suikotsu said.
 
Bankotsu nodded. “Tell me about it.”
 
“He just did, Ban,” Renkotsu quipped, prompting the younger man to laugh.
 
“That he did...” Bankotsu trailed off softly as they lapsed into companionable silence.
 
888
 
Once they had left, Bankotsu cleaned up the kitchen and brought Jakotsu his tea. It cooled to a lukewarm temperature, which was perfect for the cross-dresser's jumpy tummy. He carried it to their bedroom, and he was not in the least bit surprised to find the cross-dresser asleep. So he set the cup down on Jakotsu's bedside table, and walked into the bathroom. Bankotsu looked through the rolled towels on the shelf next to the shower and finding a face cloth, he brought over to the sink. After running the water to make it hot, he wet the cloth and wrung it out. Turning off the tap, he brought it over to the sleeping cross-dresser. Sitting on the bed next to him, Bankotsu gently wiped away the ruined make-up and little flecks of vomit from his hair. At least he won't scare himself when he wakes up tomorrow...
 
Jakotsu's eyes fluttered open. “I look really hot tonight, ahn...?” he said sleepily.
 
“Very hot, Sweetness. So hot I want to crawl into bed with you.”
 
“Yeah...?”
 
“Yeah...” Bankotsu kissed his cheek. And getting up, he took the dirty clothe to the master bath, emerging minutes later, dressed in his pajama bottoms, and carrying the bathroom's empty garbage can which he left by Jakotsu, incase he needed it during the night. He crawled into bed, spooning in behind Jakotsu only to get up to grab a few towels which he set underneath the garbage can. Sighing softly, he crawled back into bed to spoon in behind Jakotsu.
 
 
888
 
Author's note: If you have gotten this far in the series, and haven't taken a minute to let me know what you think, please do! Feedback of any kind is really helpful as it lets me know if I'm doing my job as an author.
 
I also have plenty of pocky for you... ;p