InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ If only I could make you mine (kiss 26) ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

If only I could make you mine (kiss 26)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple incase you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: This takes place shortly after the events in Fence (kiss 25).
 
FYI: Tatsuta mix a Pizza-LA side dish consisting of fried chicken and fried potato sticks.
 
FYI: The song Ban sings to Jak is Love of my Life by Freddie Mercury. It can be found on the Night at the Opera cd.
 
Please note that the following is part of my story, Best laid plans... It first appeared here as part of this collection, before I decided to write what came before the events written here and combine it with longer uncensored version of another story I wrote called, Porn Night.I also added an ending to it, since this kiss and the ones that follow it, twenty seventhrough twenty ninealong with the previous one,are meant to be read together.
 
 
888
 
They were sitting in their dining room, enjoying an impromptu anniversary dinner of take-out pizza. While Jakotsu loved going out on special occasions, he had broken his leg yesterday during a mad dash to the bedroom with Bankotsu. The pain and awkwardness the cross-dresser felt kept them homebound for a change. Not that Bankotsu cared as he preferred to stay home. Jakotsu had now become so well known that they were often disturbed by fans and what had once been mildly annoying, was now highly irritating. Hence the candlelight and good china that contrasted nicely with the large cardboard box the pizza came in along with the foam container of Tatsuta mix.
 
“You know what?” Jakotsu said as he reached for a piece of fried chicken.
 
“What?”
 
“I was thinking I should have had a tuna fish sandwich and a salad.” Jakotsu smiled impishly. “And you should be having a bowl of noodles.” He giggled.
 
“Hunh?” Bankotsu stared at the cross-dresser like he had three heads.
 
“It's what we were eating when we when we first sat down and really talked to each other. It was kind of like an unofficial date, but if you want to get technical, then we should be enjoying some hot wings like we did when we went out on our first official date.”
 
Bankotsu chuckled and shook his head. “Sorry, Sweetness, but all I remember about that day is thinking `if only I could make you mine.' That and how cute you looked.”
 
Jakotsu looked at him surprise. “Really?”
 
“Yeah...” the younger man said shyly.
 
“I remember thinking the same thing. That's why I sort of asked you out. I had a great time sitting there, just chatting with you over lunch, and getting to know you, and when it was time to go back to work, I really didn't want to. I couldn't believe I had said it, but I was very glad when you said you'd join me for dinner that night.”
 
“Me too.”
 
“And I remember our first kiss and the first time I went out on a date with you all dressed up and the first time we were going to have sex...” Jakotsu looked at his life-partner with an annoyed expression on his face that quickly melted into a fond smile.
 
“Hey! I said I was sorry!” Bankotsu cried in mock indignation. “But you're really good at being a girl,” he said ruefully.
 
“I know...” Jakotsu said smugly. “That's why I got to be pregnant on the show.” He leaned towards Bankotsu and said with a wink, “And let me tell you, I'm so glad that's over and done with. I honestly don't know how women do it.”
 
Bankotsu chuckled. “Most women aren't a delicate little flower like you are.”
 
“I suppose so...” the cross-dresser said airily.
 
“I think that's what first attracted me to you. Even when you walked in as a man,” he laughed, “there was something delicate about you that really came out when you were all dressed up for the video. You actually took my breath away as cheesy as that sounds.” Bankotsu smiled fondly. “I remember watching you from the shadows, and wishing I was Sessh. The lucky dog got to kiss and romance you and ummm...”
 
“And make me his...” Jakotsu finished softly. “But that was make-believe, Ban honey. Your patience and your love and your cuteness and those gorgeous blue eyes of yours are what won me over for real. I'm yours no matter how much I kid around with Inu-chan. You know that, right?”
 
“Yeah... And am I yours?”
 
“That, Ban honey, goes without saying. I mean, how I be yours if you aren't mine?”
 
“I don't know,” Bankotsu said impishly.
 
The cross-dresser playfully wagged his finger at him. “Don't give me that crap!”
 
“I won't.” The younger man grinned. “So what crap would you like instead?” he teased.
 
“Oooh! You're just lucky I have a broken leg or else I would be hauling your ass off to the bedroom to show you exactly how much `mine' you are!” Jakotsu rolled eyes when Bankotsu stuck out his tongue at him. “You're such a naughty boy, Ban honey...” the cross-dresser purred. “And I like it.”
 
“You do, hunh?” The younger man grinned wickedly.
 
“Yeah...” Jakotsu trailed off softly. “But please don't start anything we can't finish.”
 
Bankotsu looked rather disappointed at the thought of spending the evening doing nothing more than watching TV and it tore the cross-dresser's heart.
 
“I'm sorry, Ban honey. I wish I could, but I can't even get comfortable in bed to sleep, let alone do anything else,” he said sadly.
 
The younger man reached over and took the cross-dresser's hand. Bringing it up to his lips, Bankotsu kissed his fingers. “Don't worry about it. It's all my fault anyway.”
 
“No it's not. I should have been paying more attention to what I was stepping on.”
 
Bankotsu nodded. “I guess so,” he conceded. “But who knew my boxers would turn out to be so slippery?” the younger man quipped.
 
Jakotsu laughed. “Exactly! Although, if you had said `saunter' instead of `dash' I might have gotten off with just a twisted ankle, but then again who knows?” he said impishly.
 
“I know... let's make a date to spend the day in bed the minute you get your cast off.”
 
“You've got a date, Ban honey!” The cross-dresser smiled happily at him. “I just remembered, I've got your anniversary present hidden in my closet. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to go get it yourself.”
 
“I'll get it when we're done, Sweetness.” When Jakotsu frowned he added, “What's wrong?”
 
“I just realized I can't help you clean up here or wash the dishes. Damn it! I hate feeling so helpless!” The cross-dresser tiredly rubbed his forehead.
 
“It's okay,” Bankotsu soothed. “I don't mind pampering you for the next eight weeks.”
 
“You don't?” Jakotsu said softly. Picking up a piece of chicken, he nibbled on it daintily.
 
“Nope...” the younger man grinned. “I guess this is part of the way we make each other ours... if that makes any sense?”
 
“Yeah... it does. You know I'd do the same for you in a heartbeat.”
 
Bankotsu nodded and ate a bite of his pizza. “Although, I'd probably make you crazy.” He chuckled. “You think you hate feeling helpless, you haven't seen me in action.”
 
Jakotsu laughed. “Are you asking me to break your leg as soon as mine is better? I don't know about you, but sixteen weeks is too long a dry spell for me. My balls are shriveling up, just thinking about it,” he teased.
 
“Scratch that idea.”
 
“Will do.” The cross-dresser sighed as he toyed with his potato sticks.
 
“Now what's the matter?”
 
“I'm full, although I could find room for dessert.”
 
“Shit! I forgot about that.”
 
“It's okay, Ban honey. I don't need the extra calories.”
 
“You sure?”
“Yeah...”
 
“Then I'll put you back on the sofa and clean up, and no buts about it. We made a promise to each other seven years ago that we would look after each other in good times and bad. And well, I guess this is a bad time. Plus I figure you can always repay me by doing my laundry once you're back on your feet again,” he teased.
 
“Hey! I always do your laundry. It's about time you did mine.” Jakotsu laughed. “Oh hell! We sound like an old married couple.”
 
“Sweetness, for all intents and purposes we are an old married couple.”
 
The cross-dresser laughed until he grabbed his right thigh and eased his broken leg off the dining room chair. “Damn that hurts! I think my pain meds are wearing off,” he said tiredly. “Can you hand me my crutches, Ban honey?”
 
“Sure...” the younger man said as he stood up to do as he was bidden.
 
Minutes later, the cross-dresser was lying on the sofa, waiting for his pain medication to start working. As much as Bankotsu wanted to hover over him and make a fuss, he left Jakotsu alone while he cleaned up the remains of their anniversary dinner.
 
888
 
“Sweetness, you shouldn't have!” Bankotsu called out from the bedroom, after finding the gift Jakotsu got him.
 
“I know! But I wanted to!” the cross-dressed replied from the living room. He could hear his life partner moving around their bedroom, followed by Bankotsu's soft footsteps that grew steadily louder as he came back, guitar case in hand.
 
“How did you...?” Bankotsu said as he set the case down and took out the guitar.
 
“I had a lil help from Sessh. I was so mad when I heard someone broke into your office and stole your guitar. You have no idea how close I came to hopping a train, and coming back, to help you clean up.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Yup!”
 
“Well, thankfully that's all they got besides some easily replaceable studio equipment. All the important stuff was locked up and they couldn't get to it. I guess that's why they trashed the place and stole my guitar.”
 
“It wasn't right, but I don't want to talk about it. It's making my head and leg throb,” Jakotsu said testily. Softening his tone, he added, “Will you play something for me?”
 
“What do you want to hear?” Bankotsu asked as he tuned the guitar.
 
“I don't know...”
 
The younger man strummed the guitar and Jakotsu laughed. “This song is just so you... You sure you never met Freddie-san?” Bankotsu teased.
 
“Quite sure, although me and Sui tried.”
 
The younger man shook his head and sang, “Love of my life... you've hurt me... you've broken my heart and now you leave me... Love of my life can't you see... Bring it back, bring back don't take it away from me, because you don't know... What it means to me...” He played a few more bars of the song. “Ooh, back, hurry back... please bring it back home to me because you don't know... what it means to me... Love of my life... Love my life...”
 
“Ooh, ooh... yeah...” Jakotsu sang. “Thank you!” He clapped.
 
“You're welcome. And that reminds me, I need to go next door and get your present. You'll be okay for a few minutes?”
 
“Yeah... So what'd you get me? Flowers?”
 
“No...” Bankotsu said mysteriously. “But I know you'll like it as much as I love this.” He got up and carefully put his new guitar back in its case. “Be back in a few. Just let the phone ring if anyone calls.”
 
“I wasn't planning on getting it as by the time I finally get up whoever it was would have hung up anyway.”
 
Bankotsu came over and kissed him. “Bye!” he said and with that he hurried next door. He returned about ten minutes later, during which time the cross-dresser had started to doze off. The younger man, clutching a tiny bundle of calico fur, knelt next to his life partner. “Sweetness, I'm back...” he said softly. “Sweetness?”
 
“Hunh?” the cross-dresser said groggily.
 
“Wake up, I'm here with your present, but it can't wait until later. Wake up, Sweetness.”
 
Jakotsu half groaned, half sighed as he opened his eyes.
 
“Mew...”
 
“You got me a kitten...?” Jakotsu said sleepily, although his eyes were starting to well up with tears as he struggled to wake up. “Thank you so much, Ban honey...” he said when his life-partner put the ball of fluff on his chest. The cross-dresser gently rubbed his finger on the kitten's cheek.
 
“You're welcome...”I'm so glad that if only I could make you mine... became I'm happy you are mine...”
 
When the cross-dresser yawned, Bankotsu picked up the kitten and said, “Why don't you sleep for a bit, Sweetness, you can always play with the kitty when you get up.”
 
“Mmmmokay...”
 
The younger man looked at the kitten and smiled. “Come,” he said softly as he picked her up. “Let's go make some tea and I'll tell you a story about a certain cross-dresser and how I made a wish about making him mine and how it really did come true...”