InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Overflow (kiss 27) ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Overflow (kiss 27)
 
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple in case you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: This takes place about an hour or two after the events in If only I could make you mine (kiss 26).
 
FYI: Nekozawa is a character from Ouran High School Host club, which is one of the anime series Jakotsu likes to watch. So is Beelzenef.
 
FYI: According to the dollars to yen converter I used on Dec. 28, 2007(when I wrote this), 903 yen is about $8. (It would be 903.44 yen to be exact)
 
Please note that the following is part of my story, Best laid plans... It first appeared here as part of this collection, before I decided to write what came before the events written here and combine it with longer uncensored version of another story I wrote called, Porn Night.I also added an ending to it, since this kiss and the ones that follow it, twenty eightandtwenty ninealong with the previous two,are meant to be read together.
 
 
888
 
Bankotsu sat in the living room, softly strumming his new guitar, while watching his life-partner sleep. The new kitten was happily playing with his bare foot, as he quietly tapped out the rhythm to the song he was playing. “Hey!” he whispered when the little calico pounced and sank her claws into the younger man's toe. “Do you mind? In case you don't know it, I'm the one who buys the cat food around here. And'll be the one who'll keep you company when he's gone...” Bankotsu sighed. Setting his guitar aside, he bent down and picked up the kitten. “You see in this family, your mother goes off to work in Kyoto while I stay home. And when she gets back, I'll go off to work. Truthfully, I would have moved my offices to Kyoto a long time ago, but your mother has this thing for Shibuya...” He smiled ruefully as he tickled the kitten's ear.
 
“Ban honey,” Jakotsu said sleepily. “Who you talking to?”
 
“Tama. Why? Did I wake you?”
 
“No... who's Tama?”
 
“Your cat.”
 
“Ban honey, I don't have a cat named Tama... if I had a cat I wouldn't name it Tama either...” The cross-dresser yawned.
 
“Well, that's her name for now until you come up with a better one.”
 
“Stupid name for a cat...” the cross-dresser muttered under his breath when it hit him. Painfully pushing himself upright, he said, “You got me a cat...?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Thanks...” Jakotsu's eyes welled up with tears. He sniffed a few times. “I thought I had dreamt that...”
 
“Sweetness? Don't tell me you're crying. I thought you wanted a cat...?”
 
“I do... it's just so sweet of you to give me one...” Jakotsu started to cry.
 
Bankotsu got up and came over to him. He carefully sat down on the edge of the sofa. Handing the kitten to his life-partner, Bankotsu put his arms around Jakotsu. “Sssh...” he soothed. “Don't cry, Sweetness, it's just a cat.”
 
“I know...” he blubbered. “It's like all the love,” he sobbed, “I feel for you... is overflowing out my heart...” Jakotsu hiccupped. “When I think of all the crap I put you through, and all the awful things I've said in the past... and you still love me...” he wailed. “I love you so much...”
 
“Sssh... I know you love me and I love you and there's no need to cry, Sweetness...” Bankotsu kissed the top of his head. “You're just having a reaction to your meds. Did you wait four hours like you were supposed to?”
 
Jakotsu nodded. “But that has nothing to do with it...” he bawled. “I'm just very happy you love me...”
 
“Okay... How about I go make you some tea while you, uh, play with Tama or Baby or whatever you want to call her.” Bankotsu pulled away from the cross-dresser.
 
Jakotsu wiped the tears on his face. “Okay...” he said softly. “And her name is `Afrureru.'”
 
“`Overflowing?' Are you sure you don't want me to call Sui?” The cross-dresser nodded in reply and when he looked like he was about to start crying again, Bankotsu quickly added, “Okay! I promise I won't if you promise to stop blubbering.” He grinned. “Are you sure you're not pregnant?” the younger man teased.
 
Jakotsu laughed through his tears. “No...” he sniffed, and taking a deep ragged breath, he slowly let it out.
 
“Feeling better?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
Bankotsu held up a hand. “Good. I'm still going to make some tea though.”
 
“Okay.”
 
The younger man paused. “Are you sure you're okay? I haven't seen you this emotional since that time you got drunk off your ass,” he chuckled.
 
The cross-dresser frowned. “Oh hell, don't remind me. My head hurts just thinking about it.”
 
“I think I'll call Sui anyway. You could be having a reaction to your pain meds.”
 
“Alright... Maybe he's got something else to give me.” Jakotsu winced when his life-partner stood up. “Better yet, ask him if he can put me in a coma for eight weeks. I don't think I'm going to last eight days if I don't get some relief.”
 
“Will do,” Bankotsu said, humoring him. He was more worried than he let on as the cross-dresser was not this bad yesterday. Then again, he was probably still doped up from the morphine they used to set his leg... And yet, he shouldn't be this bad with all the pills he's been popping today... After checking to see that Jakotsu would be okay alone with the kitten, he headed towards the kitchen.
 
888
 
“Hey, Sui.”
 
Hey, Ban. What's wrong?
 
“I'm worried about Jak. He's been complaining off and on all day about his leg bothering him and I don't think he's waiting long enough before taking his meds again. He was blubbering before when I gave him the cat.”
 
I see... Have you tried wrapping an ice bag in a towel and putting that on it? the pediatrician said. As for blubbering, you know as well as I do that Jak's very sentimental and you told me he's asked you a few times about getting a cat. If he's that emotional, I'd say you got the perfect gift.
 
“You think?”
 
Yeah...”
 
“Oh good,” Bankotsu said, the relief clearly heard in his voice.
 
You know, if you two hadn't been so rambunctious yesterday, you could be having a lot more fun, he chuckled.
 
“Don't remind me...” Bankotsu said ruefully. “So an ice bag'll help?”
 
Yes. I'll be by tomorrow to see him. Oh and, Ban?
 
“What?”
 
Happy anniversary. Here's to seven years and seven more.
 
“Thanks. Bye, Sui.”
 
Good night, Ban.
 
888
 
Jakotsu looked at the bundle of fluff and sighed. “You know, now that I've taken a good look at you, you don't look like an `Afrureru.' You look more like a `Senjo,' a little fairy.”
 
“Mew?”
 
Jakotsu ran his hand lightly over the kitten's back and she arched into it appreciatively, shaking her tail as he lifted his hand. “You like that, hunh?” He stroked her back again.
 
“Mew.”
 
“Sweet lil fairy...” Jakotsu said softly. “I just hope I don't wake up and you're gone as that would suck royally.”
 
“Mew?” Senjo batted a paw at his wriggling fingers.
 
“Yeah... and thank you so much for opening my heart.” He tickled under the kitten's chin. “It gets so full of love for my Ban honey that I get afraid it'll burst. But you were just enough to overflow it and let all that love come rushing out.” Jakotsu sighed softly.
 
“Mew?”
 
“I'm sorry, I'm just very tired, I think it's my pain meds knocking me out... and my leg hurts too, so I think I'll go back to sleep. Just promise me you'll be here, Senjo-chan, when I wake up...” Jakotsu yawned, and closing his eyes, he leaned back against the pillows.
 
“Mew...”
 
888
 
Bankotsu opened the cabinet and reached for the tea when he spotted the can of cocoa. Taking it out, he decided to make his life-partner of cup of that instead. He added two spoonfuls to the cross-dresser's favorite mug, and sighing softly, he added some more water to the kettle. Setting it on the stove, he turned it on. While he waited for the water to boil, he let his thoughts drift to Jakotsu.
 
There was something about the cross-dresser's outburst that bothered him. It was not the unexpectedness of it, or the words he had said that had upset Bankotsu. It was the feeling he had that despite everything they had been through and all the times he had said it that Jakotsu seemed to find it odd that Bankotsu loved him. It was as if the cross-dresser saw himself as so unlovable that the mere idea of someone actually loving him was unbelievable. And it left the younger man with a bitterness that threatened to overflow into anger. So wrapped up was he in his anger and annoyance at the hand life dealt to Jakotsu, that it was several minutes before he realized that not only was the kettle whistling, but the cross-dresser was worriedly calling his name.
 
“I'm okay, Sweetness. I was just thinking about something,” Bankotsu called out to him as he switched the stove off and picked up the kettle. It whistled angrily at him as he carried it over to the waiting mug.
 
“Oh... I thought something happened to you.”
 
“Sorry if I upset you,” the younger man said while he poured water into the mug. Bankotsu stirred the cocoa, after setting the kettle back on the stove. Dropping the spoon in the sink, he walked to the fridge and took out the milk, adding just enough to cool the hot chocolate down enough to drink, without making it too cold. It was hard not to bang about the kitchen because by now Bankotsu had worked himself up into quite a fury. A handful of marshmallows later, Bankotsu had enough control over his emotions to calmly bring the cocoa over to his life-partner and pretend nothing was wrong.
 
“Here you go,” Bankotsu said as he set the cup down on the coffee table. “I'm afraid you're gonna have to come with me, Afrureru,” he said to the kitten when he picked her up.
 
“Her name's Senjo. I've decided she doesn't look like an `Afrureru.'”
 
“Fairy, hunh? But she doesn't look like a fairy.” The younger man put the calico on the floor where she scampered off after her toy mouse.
 
“No? What's she look like?” Jakotsu said wearily as he sat up to take the cocoa his life-partner handed to him.
 
“I don't know... Fluffy?”
 
“Nah... she doesn't like a Fluffy even though she is rather fluffy...” Jakotsu sipped his cocoa.
 
“Princess?”
 
The cross-dresser shook his head.
 
Bankotsu rattled off several other names. “Spike?”
 
“Better... Oh, I know,” Jakotsu said smugly.
 
“What?”
 
“Nekozawa. You know, after that character in Ouran High School Host Club.”
 
Bankotsu laughed. He was pleased to see the cross-dresser was getting back to his old self. “I know who he is; didn't we spend this morning watching it? But don't you think `Beelzenef' is a better name?”
 
“No... I just like the way Nekozawa rolls off the tongue, that's all,” Jakotsu said impishly.
 
The younger man shook his head. “Now that the cat's name is settled, how's your leg?”
 
“It still hurts like a bitch if you must know.” The cross-dresser sipped his cocoa. “So what did Sui say?”
 
“He said to try an ice bag on it.”
 
“I'm willing to try anything at this point.”
 
“Okay, give me a sec' and I'll go make you one.” Bankotsu turned and walked back into the kitchen. Jakotsu heard him angrily banging the ice trays. I hope you're not mad you're waiting on me... If it didn't hurt so much, I'd get up and do it myself... When Bankotsu returned, he said softly, “I'm sorry...”
 
“Why are you sorry?”
 
“I'm sorry I made you mad because you have to do everything for me.”
 
“I'm not mad.”
 
“But you are mad, Ban honey. It's like you're walking around with a big sign over your head that says, `pissed to no end.'”
 
The younger man laughed humorlessly. “You're right; I am pissed, but not at you. I'm just pissed at all the people in your life that made you feel so unlovable.”
 
“Oh...”
 
“Jakotsu... Sweetness, you're the most lovable person I know. I just wish I knew how to show you...” he trailed off softly, trying hard to sift through his jumble of overflowing emotions, as he struggled to find the right words to express it.
 
Jakotsu looked up at him, his eyes welling up with tears again. “Thank you...”
 
Bankotsu looked back at him and nodded.
 
“Now go take a walk around the block or something.”
 
“What are you trying to do? Get rid of me?”
 
“No, Ban honey, I'm just trying to channel your anger. You look like you want to punch something and while I don't mind if you put a hole in the wall, I will mind if you break your hand doing it. How you going to clean the litter box if your hand's all messed up?” he said impishly.
 
The younger man laughed for real this time. “Will do, but only if we can deal with your self esteem issues another time.” He set the ice bag down on Jakotsu's leg.
 
“Sure, now go.” Jakotsu waved him away.
 
“Why are you in such a big hurry to get rid of me?”
 
“Now who has the self esteem issues?” the cross-dresser quipped. “Seriously, I have ulterior motives.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Chocolate ice cream,” Jakotsu said simply.
 
The younger man chuckled and heaved a long suffering sigh. “Okay, I'll go down to corner and get you a pint.”
 
“Thanks... You're the best, Ban honey.”
 
“No, you are, Sweetness.” You've certainly made my life more interesting... “You sure you and Nekozawa,” Bankotsu chuckled at the name, “are going to be alright by yourselves?”
 
“You're only going to be gone for what...? Ten, fifteen minutes? I think we can manage.” Jakotsu smiled.
 
The younger man grinned. “I take it the pain meds finally kicked in?”
 
“Yeah... and the ice helped too.”
 
“Good...” Bankotsu murmured softly, and leaning over, he kissed his life-partner on the cheek. “Be back in a few.”
 
“I'll be here when you get back, Ban honey.”
 
“Bye...”
 
888
 
Bankotsu stormed down the street. He was still so upset about all the people in Jakotsu's life who had ever made him miserable that it showed as he stomped into the corner store. Nodding curtly at the cashier when she greeted him, he made his way to the frozen food section, missing her concerned look.
 
He stood in front of the various ice cream brands and flavors, trying to find the cross-dresser's favorite, when he spotted it. Grinning happily, he opened the case and took out a pint. On his way out, he grabbed a bottle of chocolate sauce. Bankotsu waited in line patiently and by the time he got to the cashier he was feeling better.
 
“Is everything okay, Kusao-san?” she asked as she rang up the items.
 
“Yes, Kimi-san. Why do you ask?”
 
“Well, you ummm... well,” Kimi said softly as she put the ice cream in a bag along with the chocolate sauce.
 
“I ran in here all upset,” Bankotsu finished for her. “And Jak isn't here.”
 
She nodded.
 
“And I just bought him his favorite ice cream.” He sighed. “Everything is fine, Kimi-san. It's simply our anniversary.”
 
“Oh... Congratulations, Kusao-san,” Kimi said, beaming happily at him. “It must be so nice to have someone special like that. You have no idea how all us girls look up to you as the shining example of a perfect relationship. Rika-san and I wish we could be as lucky in love as you two.”
 
“You two are very pretty,” Bankotsu flirted and she giggled. “I'm sure there are plenty of guys who come in here just to see you.”
 
“You think so?” Kimi asked as her thoughts drifted to the cute guy who came every Tuesday to restock the shelves. Ueda-san always makes a point to talk to me afterwards. I wonder if he likes me... “I'm sorry, Kusao-san, what did you say?”
 
“I asked how much I owed you.”
 
“Oh...” she blushed. “That'll be nine hundred and three yen, please.”
 
Bankotsu paid her, and grabbing the bag, he bid her good night and headed home. As he walked along the mostly empty street, he realized that the love he and Jakotsu had for each other overflowed into the lives of others. Suikotsu had finally got up the nerve to ask his boyfriend Renkotsu to move in and share their lives together. Even Naraku settled down and became devoted to his wife, Kikyou, to the point where he only went out if she wanted to. Jakotsu told him that Watanabe finally proposed to his girlfriend, Kanna, after she passed the “Kirara test.” The Nishi brothers, especially Sesshomaru, became like the brothers they never had, something Jakotsu loved. And now they had another life to share that love with in little Nekozawa.
 
Dropping his keys as he approached their apartment building, Bankotsu knelt down to pick them up when he spotted a pair of glowing golden orbs deep within the shadows under the azaleas. What the...? He peered intently under the bushes as the shadows took shape.
 
“Pss, pss, pss”... he said softly when he realized it was a cat.
 
“MEOW!” the owner of the yellow eyes spat.
 
Bankotsu quickly stood up. “Sorry...” He started to walk away when he felt a sharp set of claws dig into the back of his leg. “Hey!” Bankotsu looked down to see a small tuxedo cat hanging on to him. “That's my leg you've got there.” He glared at the little ball of black and white fur.
 
“MERRROW!” the kitten howled. Satisfied that he had Bankotsu's attention, he let go and rubbed against the young man's bare leg.
 
“Sorry, but we already have a cat,” Bankotsu said and he continued on his way, heedless of the fact that the tuxedo stray was following him. Silent and stealthy like a four legged ninja, the little cat dogged his heels and made it all the way to his apartment door before Bankotsu spotted him again. “I told you before, we already have a cat. She's cute and fluffy and probably has had twenty new names by now.”
 
“YEOW!”
 
“Scat!” Bankotsu stamped his sandaled foot.
 
The little black and white cat pounced, sinking his claws into Bankotsu's bare toes.
 
“SHIT!” he swore and shook his foot, trying to dislodge the cat without hurting him. But the little cat had other ideas and hung on for dear life. “Okay, you win!” Bankotsu said after a few minutes of fruitless foot-shaking. Besides, he was worried the ice cream was starting to melt and worse yet, Jakotsu hobbling out to try and find him. “You can stay until we find your parents. But if you so much as hiss at Nekozawa or whatever her name is, you're out on your ass. Understood?”
 
“Meow.”
 
Bankotsu slowly opened the door and before he could do anything, the little black and white cat rushed inside.
 
“MEOW!” he roared like a pint-sized lion.
 
“Ban honey? You okay?”
 
“Yeah...” the younger man replied as he kicked off his sandals and headed up out genkan into the kitchen. “I want to put the ice cream in the freezer for a few minutes.”
 
“Okay... Was that a cat I heard?”
 
“Yeah... he kind of followed me home.”
 
“He did? Are you going to keep him? I think it would fun if we each had our own cats.”
 
“I don't know... he probably belongs to someone.”
 
“Oh...” the cross-dresser said disappointedly. “He's not going to hurt, Nekozawa, is he?”
 
“I don't think so. He's not much bigger than she is,” Bankotsu said as he exited the kitchen, the little cat trailing along behind him.
 
Nekozawa daintily sauntered over to see what the fuss was. “Mew?”
 
“MEOW!” The little tuxedo cat slowly moved closer to her and they stared at each other, barely a whisker's length apart. Bankotsu was ready to grab him in case he started trouble, but things went smoothly when Nekozawa rubbed her cheek against his. She turned and scampered into the living room, the little stray following close behind.
 
“Awe... isn't that cute?” Jakotsu gushed as the kittens played with each other. “So what are you going to call him or her?”
 
“I think it's a `him.' And he did a number on my toes too, not to mention the back of my leg.”
 
“Go clean up before you get an infection or something. The last thing we need is you hobbling around too.” The cross-dresser shooed him away.
 
“Yes, Haha-ue,” Bankotsu teased and his life-partner rolled his eyes at him. Chuckling softly, he headed into the bathroom to wash up.
 
“So what are you going to call him?” Jakotsu called out from the living room.
 
“Tama!”
 
“He doesn't look like a Tama!”
 
“What?” Bankotsu said when he entered the living room. “Anyway if you must call him something, I was thinking of Ryu, he's bit like a little dragon.”
 
“Perfect!”
 
“Perfect?” Bankotsu asked.
 
“Yeah... his name's `Banryu.' He's a stray, so I guess you could call him a lil barbarian and he is most definitely a dragon. Look at him pounce! I just hope he doesn't teach Nekozawa how to climb curtains.”
 
“I think that's Kirara's job...” Bankotsu said dryly. “So I've got my own cat now, hunh?”
 
“Yup... I figure there's enough love overflowing around here for one more. Besides, being an only child sucks. It's nice having a sibling.”
 
“That's true,” the younger man said as he thought about growing up with his cousins.
 
“So welcome to the family, Banryu...” Jakotsu said. “I hope you and Nekozawa-chan grow up to be the best of friends.”
 
“Yeah...” Or lovers... wait, scratch that. The last thing we need around here are more kittens...