InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 30 AU Ban Jak kisses ❯ Wada Calcium CD3 (kiss 28) ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Wada Calcium CD3 (kiss 28)
By kira
 
Author's note: the following AU is based on Live Journal's 30 kisses, and takes place in my Homecoming universe. My couple in case you haven't already guessed is Ban/Jak.
 
FYI: This takes place the day after the events in Overflow (kiss 27).
 
FYI: Wada Calcium CD3 is a brand of calcium pills.
 
FYI: Goza is a quaint fishing village that is known for its beautiful beach. The waves are so gentle as to be almost nonexistent.
 
FYI: A minshuku is a private home that offers lodging for travelers.
 
Thanks again to Jen for making this fic all nice and shiny!
 
Please note that the following is part of my story, Best laid plans... It first appeared here as part of this collection, before I decided to write what came before the events written here and combine it with longer uncensored version of another story I wrote called, Porn Night.I also added an ending to it, since this kiss and the onethat followsit, twenty nine, along with the previous three,are meant to be read together.
 
 
888
 
“Oh hi, Ren,” Jakotsu said as he lounged on the sofa, in his underwear, half-heartedly fanning himself. “Want to sign my cast?”
 
“Sure, why not?” Renkotsu said, suppressing a chuckle. He walked over to his lover's best friend, and kneeling, he took the marker the cross-dresser handed him and scribbled his name on the pink cast.
 
“Thanks,” they chorused, followed by a “you're welcome.”
 
Renkotsu got up and sat down in one of the two chairs that flanked the sofa. “So how'd you do that?” he asked.
 
Jakotsu giggled. “I fell...” he said vaguely.
 
“How'd you do that?”
 
“I slipped in the hallway...”
 
“On what?” Renkotsu probed. He had the feeling it was going to be a good explanation, after noticing the delicate blush that dusted Jakotsu's cheeks.
 
“Ban'sunderwear...” the cross-dresser mumbled.
 
“What?”
“Ban's underwear,” he repeated more slowly.
 
“What the hell were Ban's shorts doing in the hallway...” Renkotsu trailed off slowly when it hit him. “You didn't... I mean you weren't... Only you...” he chuckled.
 
The cross-dresser giggled. “You should have seen Ban...hehehe... stark naked and fading fast...hehehe...” he tittered.
 
“No! My poor brain cells! Hahahaha!”
 
“Your poor brain cells, what about my poor dignity? HAHAHAHAHA! You weren't hehehehe flat out on your back...HAHAHAHA.... in a black lacy bra and panties... hehehehe!!”
 
They laughed loudly at the cross-dresser's predicament.
 
“It wouldn't have happened, Jak. I don't own any bras or panties.” Renkotsu chuckled. “Never have hahaha... never will.”
 
888
 
“At least he's not crying again,” Bankotsu said softly as he made some tea.
 
“I told you that's the pain meds. I think the dosage might be a bit high for him, so he's really and truly feeling no pain.” Suikotsu's eyes twinkled with amusement. “Just watch him so he doesn't accidentally OD on them,” he added seriously.
 
“He's high?”
 
“Yup.”
 
“Oh hell!” the younger man swore.
 
“He'll be okay as long as you keep to every four hours. Five or six would be better, but don't forget they nearly had to take him into surgery to set it. A little lower and they would have.”
 
“Don't remind me. He was so out of it, I thought I was going to have to leave him there and come get him in the morning.”
 
“At least he slept well that night.”
 
“He didn't do too badly last night either.”
 
“So then maybe we can start weaning him off the pain meds and onto to Tylenols,” the pediatrician said.
 
“I don't know... he's gets really crazy when they wear off.”
 
“Then we'll leave him as is for a while. And I think it would be a good idea if you upped his calcium intake. He tolerates milk pretty well, so give him homemade milk tea, ice-cream, yogurt and these too.” Suikotsu took a bottle of calcium pills out of his pocket and handed him to Ban.
 
Bankotsu read the label. “Wada Calcium CD three...?”
 
“Yeah. They're one of the best brands out there. While it's better to get the calcium from food, especially dairy, most people can't tolerate it, so these really help. If his leg doesn't heal properly, he's going to need surgery, Ban.”
 
The younger man tiredly rubbed his forehead. “Please, Sui, I don't want to think about that.”
 
The pediatrician nodded. “The tea ready? Here, let me slice the yokan for you.” He took the thick jellied dessert and cut it into slices.
 
“Yeah. Thanks, Sui.”
 
“You're welcome,” he said as he arranged the slices onto plates along with some orange wedges.
 
888
 
“Hey, Ren...”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Can you go see what's taking them so long? I'm thirsty,” the cross-dresser whined.
 
“Okay...” Renkotsu got up to do as he was bidden.
 
“Just don't get lost like they did and watch out you don't step on Nekozawa!”
 
“Who?”
 
“Nekozawa, she's my cat.” Jakotsu sighed pathetically. “Can you bring her to me?”
 
“Sure why not?” He bent down to pick up the little tuxedo kitten, who was busy “killing” a catnip mouse, and got the shock of his life when he sank his claws in the bald man's hand.
 
“MERRROOW!” Banryu spat.
 
“What the hell?!”
 
“Oh, I see you met Banryu. He's Ban's cat,” the cross-dresser smirked. “He's very sweet, isn't he?”
 
Nekozawa came out from under the sofa to see what all the fuss was about. She sauntered over to Banryu and started grooming him.
 
“Awe... isn't she sweet! Look at how cute that is! She's kissing him!” Jakotsu gushed.
 
“Uh, yeah... Jak, I'm going to see where Ban keeps the Band-Aids. You watch the cats for me, okay?”
 
“Okay...” the cross-dresser said airily.
 
Heaving a mental sigh, Renkotsu headed towards the kitchen.
 
888
 
“Ban, where do you keep the Band-Aids?”
 
“What happened, Ren?” Suikotsu asked with concern, seeing the blood welling up in the scratches.
 
“I see you've met Banryu,” Bankotsu said smugly. “I'll go get them for you.” He left the kitchen and went to the hall bathroom.
 
“Yup and thanks,” Renkotsu said as Suikotsu tended his scratches.
 
“Thankfully they're not that deep. What did you do to the cat?”
 
“I didn't do anything to that cat except try and pick it up for Jak. Since when does Ban have a cat anyway? I thought Ito-san only had one kitten left.”
 
“That's what she told me over the phone when I called.”
 
“Maybe someone brought him back.”
 
“Maybe...”
 
“Here,” Bankotsu said when he returned, handing a Band-Aid to the pediatrician.
 
“What made you decide to get two cats?”
 
Bankotsu grinned. “He followed me home.”
 
Renkotsu laughed. “Yeah right! Thanks Sui.”
 
“Seriously. I dropped my keys and there he was under the azaleas. I called him out, he nicely said hello and then got pissed when I told him I already had a cat. Scratched the hell out my leg too and my foot. But he settled in nicely and Nekozawa likes him and so does Jak, although he'd probably like any mangy old thing that vaguely looked like a cat. So, that's how we got two cats.”
 
“I see,” Suikotsu said. “And as long as you're happy with it, then why not. And maybe when she gets big enough, he'll bring her to Kyoto.”
 
“Oh and uh, speaking of Jak, do you know your girlfriend's stoned off her ass?” Renkotsu chuckled.
 
“Yeah...” Bankotsu said as he tried not to laugh.
 
“I was wondering why he was dressed in his underwear, but once he opened his mouth...”
 
“He removed all doubt. You're lucky he's in a good mood right now. Last night he started crying for no reason.” The younger man sighed. “It's only been a couple of days but it's been a long couple of days.”
 
“He'll be fine once he's off the pain medication, Ban. You'll see.”
 
“I know, Sui. It's just that I don't know if I can wait that long.”
 
Before Suikotsu could reply, the cross-dresser called out from the living room, “Ban honey! Sui, Ren! Where are you? Where's my tea, Ren? I'm thirsty!”
 
“Coming, Sweetness!”
 
888
 
“Listen to me, Jak,” Suikotsu said patiently. “I want you, starting tomorrow, to take four of these with breakfast and four with dinner. Right now I want you to take eight.” He shook eight of the calcium tablets into his hand, holding out his hand for the cross-dresser to take them.
 
“Eight? Why can't I take four now and four later?” Jakotsu eyed the tablets in his hand.
 
“Because the dosage calls for eight at once on the first day. They're just calcium tablets to help your leg heal. And the sooner you start taking them the better it'll be for your leg. June is nearly over and you've got July and most of August to get through. It's not going to be fun with a cast on your leg for one thing,” the pediatrician started to explain. “And for another, if it doesn't heal properly, you could be facing another four to six weeks in a cast plus surgery. Unless you don't mind going back to work in a cast, although, I doubt you're going to enjoy the train ride back to Kyoto with it on.”
 
The cross-dresser blinked and looked at the tablets sitting in his hand. “Can someone please hand me my tea?” he asked sweetly.
 
888
 
Later that evening, Bankotsu helped the cross-dresser get comfortable on the sofa after his last trip to the bathroom for night. Their apartment felt hot and muggy, the softly falling rain outside bringing no relief from the heat of the day. To make matters worse, they were afraid to run the floor fan at night because of the kittens. He leaned over and kissed the cross-dresser goodnight, drawing the thin cotton sheet over him, before turning off the lights. Crawling in the futon he had laid out on the living room floor, Bankotsu settled in for the night.
 
“Ban honey...?” Jakotsu whispered in the darkness.
 
“Yeah?” the younger man replied equally as softly.
 
“You think those pills Sui gave me will help?”
 
“They can't hurt.”
 
“You think I'll get my cast off in August?”
 
“I hope so.”
 
“Good, cuz I wanted to go to the beach with you. Remember how we went away for the weekend last year on our anniversary?”
 
“Yeah...” Bankotsu smiled at the memory. “We can still go Goza and rent a minshuku if you want. I'd be afraid to go somewhere else with a lot of waves.”
 
“Me too... It sounds like fun. I'd like to go even if I still have my cast on.”
 
“I don't know, Sweetness, it's not exactly the easiest place to get to. We have to take the train and then there's a ferry. Plus you don't want sand in your cast.”
 
“Oh... Well, maybe next year.”
 
“Yeah... Good night, Sweetness. Sleep well.”
 
“You too, Ban honey.” I hope these stupid pills work, Sui... My Ban honey could really use a nice vacation after all we went through...