InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ Truth or Dare- Part I: The Truth ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PKonnichiwa everyone!!
 
Guess what!!
 
Just SIX MORE DAYSwill mark the one year mark for this story!! Woo!! XD
 
I can't believe it has already been almost a year since I started this story! But I'm happy I got to this point without quitting the story.
 
Not that I had any doubts or anything lol.
 
Thank you all for sticking through with this, giving me encouragement and advice all the way! It means so much to me!!
 
Thank you again!! And read, review, and ENJOY onegai!!! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--A Miko's Life in Sakura High—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: Y'all should have this drilled into your head by now… I never have and never ever will own Inuyasha… a sad perspective I've came to realize :'/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-Kagome—
 
#Sesshomaru#
 
(Sesshomaru's Beast)
 
:Inuyasha:
 
&Miroku&
 
//Onigumo//
 
+Kikyo+
 
/Sango/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
 
Sango rolled her eyes. “So what's your punishment?” Her tone was curious.
 
Kagome blinked, and she rubbed her neck nervously. “Oh just two days suspension…” A thoughtful look crossed her face. “That's actually the shortest I've ever been suspended… used to be four days when I cussed out this lady and pushed her when she was in my way and wouldn't let me… leave…” she trailed off at the strange looks she was sent
 
“…I didn't know it was a superintendent! She just got in my way and said something rude so I just retaliated!” Kagome defended herself rather weakly.
 
The strange looks directed her way didn't falter… in fact they got even stranger.
 
Her pout returned, and she muttered about how everyone was against her.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Truth or Dare
Part 1: The Truth
 
--Saturday—
 
It was the start of a beautiful weekend and Kagome could only think of one thing.
 
-This sucks­­
 
She was sooo bored and there was nothing to do. Already she wanted Monday to come and she basically despised school… Mondays too but that's kinda beside the point…
 
That way she could return to school, as crazy as that may seem. In a way she already had her weekend and she was just so bored that school sounded like heaven.
 
After being suspended Kagome had to stay at home and sit around and laze about, and she hated it!
 
Sure, there was TV, video games, and the computer… but it got old after ohh I don't know, the first six hours she spent doing those things!
 
She wanted to get out! Go somewhere! Not stay cooped up indoors!
 
But noooo! Her Okaa just had to ground her for the days she was suspended for!
 
Personally she didn't understand it. All she really did was rough up a school hall… she didn't really hurt anyone seeing as it was only a puppet she fought. And she was the one being attacked!! Hell she could have been raped if she didn't wake up!
 
--Though, I was sure I felt his actual aura before when he was in the closet… maybe he replaced himself during one of the times I blasted him away…?And he probably got worse off than I did… she thought
 
--
 
Now her friends on the other hand were a whole different story entirely.
 
After the past few days of school everyone was ecstatic that the weekend had finally arrived.
 
It had been boring… absolutely dead freaking boring.
 
Ever since Kagome got transferred, school became just that more bearable. Things actually happened when she came, although both good and bad but it still made the seemingly eternal days in school go quicker and less painfully.
 
She was like the Kami sent light to their hellish dark pit of a school, and they became attuned to her usual routine of causing mischief and mayhem.
 
And kuso, they couldn't wait till she got back.
 
--
 
“Kagome!!”
 
Hearing her name being called Kagome shot up in a sitting position in her bed, jolted out of her day dreams. “Yea?!” she called back out groggily.
 
“Come down here! Breakfast is ready and someone is here to see you!” Kimi yelled out from downstairs.
 
Kagome blinked, pushing back the covers of her bed. “See me…?” she muttered to herself as she climbed out, clad in a tank and pajama pants.
 
Stepping out of her room, she closed the door softly and made hr way to the staircase, rubbing her eyes to clear her vision.
 
Jogging down the short set of stairs, she made her way to the kitchen, yawning all the way.
Ohayo'… who's…'yawn'… here?” Kagome managed to mumble.
 
A light snicker let Kagome know that someone else was here and that they were female… well, that's what she assumed since she didn't know any guys with girly snickers that would actually come over this early.
 
Turning her eyes she saw her cousin sitting at the table and a grin spread out on her face. “What are ya doin' here Kiki-chan?”
 
Kikyo smiled softly. “Just seeing if you survived the solitary confinement. Glad to see you in one piece Kago-chan.”
 
Kagome laughed. “Yea, well it wasn't easy.” She joked. Going over to the table, she plopped down in the chair next to Kikyo.
 
Kikyo shook her head in amusement. “Also, I wanted to see if you wanted to head over to the mall today before band practice. Everyone else is going along and wondered if you could too.”
 
Kagome shrugged. “I don't know, can I `kaa-chan?” Kagome asked, turning her head to face her mother.
 
Kimi only nodded distractedly as she cooked. “Of course sweetie, you're not grounded anymore.”
 
Kagome grinned. “Arigatou!” and she turned back to Kikyo. “Guess I can go then.”
 
Kikyo nodded with a smile on her face. “Great and I asked Auntie if you could sleep over too. Iza-chan said she's allowing all of us to sleep over.”
 
Kagome's eyes bugged out. “Seriously? She doesn't mind the fact that teenaged hormonal boys and girls are crashing at her place? Whatta `bout Touga-sensei?
 
Kikyo giggled. “Of course she doesn't. She's known all of us for the longest time, and she pretty much loves you already. Plus, the boys get their own room, and we girls get a separate one too. They know we're responsible and she trusts us.” Kikyo's face turned flat then. “Touga-kun wouldn't care at all; you know how he is…
 
Kagome snorted. “Even with you and Puppy-chan?” she teased wryly.
 
Kikyo blushed a little but narrowed her eyes quick enough. “Kagome!” she rebuked.
 
Kagome snickered. “All right, all right… Sure, I'll stay over… this could be interesting.”
 
--
 
After breakfast they went up to Kagome's room so she could get ready.
 
Kikyo was already dressed, choosing a pretty black and red plaid skirt with gray leggings, and a plain red fitted shirt and simple black thong flip flops. Tossing her clutch on Kagome's bed, she headed over to the closet. “I'm picking your outfit today.” Kikyo told her cousin like it was nothing.
 
Kagome only shrugged and sat down on her bed, watching her cousin dig through her closet. “Fine with me… but no skirts!” she said quickly. She saw what her cousin was wearing and there was no way in hell she was going out like that…
 
Inside the closet Kikyo rolled her eyes. “I know.” Kikyo studied the closet full of random pieces of clothes. Grabbing some black jean cutoffs that reached above the knee and a dark blue shirt with silver detailing, she tossed it to Kagome who caught it easily and looked at it appraisingly.
 
Kikyo smiled even though she didn't turn to look at Kagome. “Like it?” she said smugly as she looked for shoes and accessories. Her smile widened when she saw Kagome's skull converse.
 
Grabbing them, she went over to the jewelry and pick out some simple earrings, a crescent pendant to which Kikyo smirked to herself at, and a handful of jelly bracelets.
 
She snickered quietly as she picked out the black, blue, clear, green, glittery clear, glittery green, orange, glittery yellow, red, and white. Five for each arm. There were more colors, but she'd save them for later…
 
Backing out of the closet, Kikyo turned to face an already dressed Kagome, who at seeing what Kikyo had in her possession raised a questioning eyebrow. “What exactly are ya up to?” Kagome asked slowly.
 
Kikyo only smiled innocently. “Nothing… just put this stuff on and I'll do your make-up.”
 
Veering over to her cousin's bathroom, she had to smirk to herself when she heard Kagome's groan.
 
--
 
After they were done spending twenty minutes of fighting just to get Kagome's make up on and fixing her hair much to the distaste of the `victim', they went to leave.
 
Kagome grumbled as she left her room with her backpack filled with the stuff she needed for the night, the packing courtesy of her cousin of course, a smug Kikyo trailing after her. She may have only managed to straighten her hair and put some eyeliner and lip balm on the girl, but it was an accomplishment she was proud of.
 
As they left through the front door, they called out to Kagome's mom. “Bye!!
 
“I'll see ya tomorrow `kaa-chan!” Kagome added.
 
“Alright! Bye sweeties!” Kimi called out in return.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Mall—
 
It didn't take long for Kikyo and Kagome to drive over to the mall and meet up with the groups, only twenty minutes at most.
 
 
After gathering at the decided place-the front- they walked into the mall, talking and joking like all good friends do.
 
And when Sesshomaru saw Kagome he blinked in wonder.
 
He had to admit, seeing her in the boys uniform sure didn't do her justice. She may have been attractive then, but now she was beautiful, and the light makeup on her only enhanced her beauty.
 
His eyes widened at the crescent pendent around her neck.
 
(It's like she's already ours but she just doesn't know it yet…)
 
Sesshomaru mentally scoffed. #You are delusional. I do not own no one nor do I wish to...#
 
He could imagine his beast twitching. (And you're in denial! Why else would you be waiting for her instead of going in already?!) he snapped.
 
Sesshomaru blinked and realized what he was doing.
 
While the rest of the group was entering the mall he lingered back to wait for Kagome.
 
Mentally shaking his head he ignored his beast's last comment and walked along side her, giving her a small smile. “You look different…” he commented casually.
 
Kagome blinked, and smiled brightly back at him. “Sou ka?” she said with slight good-natured sarcasm.
 
Sesshomaru nodded slightly, his smile turning into a smirk. “It is nice…” he murmured, before looking ahead of him.
 
Kagome's smile turned into a grin, her cheeks heating up slightly. “Arigatou… you're not too bad yourself…” she complimented back, taking in his look of his hair pulled back into a braid and donning a black leather jacket, a white `Matchbook Romance' band shirt, blue-black jeans and black converses.
 
Sesshomaru's smirk widened as he just put his hand on the Kagome's back as he held the door opened for her, leading her in.
 
Kikyo glanced at her companions. “So where to first?” she questioned softly.
 
“Food court!” Inuyasha exclaimed loudly, his amber eyes lighting up at the prospect of food.
 
Kikyo only stared at him flatly. Did he just…?
 
Kagome snickered into her hand. “You would…”
 
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes, obviously used to his half-brother's antics. “Imbecile.”
 
And Inuyasha growled at him, eyebrow ticking. Smug bastard…
 
Onigumo chuckled and shoved him in a friendly manner. “Man, we just ate before we left.”
 
Inuyasha gave him a hot glare, before shrugging. “So?”
 
Kikyo sighed. “Iie.” she told him firmly.
 
Inuyasha pouted at her and opened his mouth to argue.
 
“Any other suggestions?” Sango prompted before Inuyasha could say anything.
 
“Victoria Secret?” Miroku asked innocently, violet eyes sparkling with the usual perverted glint.
 
They all shot him dirty looks, save for Onigumo who just had a cheeky grin on his face.
 
Sango quickly dealt with them and soon enough each of them sported a nice, sizeable bump on the head. “You guys are such idiots…” she muttered
 
There was no response; the two boys too busy seeing stars at the moment.
 
Kikyo sighed softly. “Let's just walk around and if we see a store we agree on then we'll go in.” She suggested, not wanting to spend twenty minutes as usual this time watching them argue about where to go when either way, they we'e going to do what she suggested at the end.
 
The boys were just that stubborn so they might as well skip the mindless fighting.
 
Kagome nodded, already realizing where this would lead to. “Good idea… we oughta be able to find a few places to check out…” she agreed.
 
And so the two cousins gave the boys stern stares, just daring them to argue with them.
 
None of them were that suicidal except for Inuyasha who opened his mouth to argue, but Sesshomaru shoved him roughly.
 
“Just keep your mouth shut!” Miroku and Onigumo whispered roughly, glancing over at the two Higurashi's warily.
 
They were scary enough alone as it is… but together? Not even Satan and his undead army would take them on…
 
Sango held back a snicker at their faces… too bad she didn't have a camera on her…
 
--
 
Half an hour later they were still wandering around the mall aimlessly.
 
None of them spotted a store that interested them but they were content in just hanging around each other and talking at the moment.
 
By now Inuyasha and Kikyo were lagging behind, holding hands and whispering in each other's ear, laughing and giggling gently and acting like any other couple deep in love.
 
Sango and Miroku were chatting softly, walking close to each other; Sango was blushing softly as she gazed up at Miroku, who was grinning to himself as he talked to the taijiya.
 
Between the two pairs were Sesshomaru, Kagome, and Onigumo walking in a comfortable silence. Kagome walked between the two boys but if you looked closely, there was more space between Kagome and Onigumo than her and Sesshomaru.
 
Abruptly, Kagome looked up at Onigumo with scheming eyes before glancing at her friends. “Oi… follow me. I wanna show ya guys this store.” Kagome told them sweetly.
 
Kikyo eyed Kagome sharply. She's heard that tone before… and more than not it spelled out trouble. “What kind of store Kagome-chan…?” She asked, sending her cousin a warning look.
 
A snort was her reply. “A store. Geeze Kikyo-chan, chill… you act like I'm taking you guys to be kidnapped and sold as sex slaves…”
 
Kikyo looked away. “Wouldn't be the first time…” she muttered crossly.
 
The rest of them swung their heads to stare at Kagome incredulously.
 
Kagome glared at Kikyo, stomping her foot childishly. “Kuso I didn't realize those goons were being serious!! I was only trying to get back at those stupid football playing retards and their anorexic snobby girlfriends for fucking around with me! You know that!! It was to scare them.
 
Kikyo gave her a bland stare. “Hai, and because of that they had to get therapy for months… you're lucky weren't sued.”
 
Onigumo howled with laughter while the rest of them looked on in astonishment. Sesshomaru smirked at Kagome, shaking his head in not so veiled amusement. “I wonder if we should be wary of any future attempts from now on…”
 
Kagome let out an `hmph', sticking her tongue out at him before she turned her head away. “Whatever… I swear nothing horrible is going to happen ok?”
 
Kikyo wasn't convinced but followed anyways.
 
As they let Kagome lead them to this unknown store Kikyo and Sango went up to her, making sure to put space between them and the guys.
 
“What exactly is that twisted mind of yours planning dear cousin?” Kikyo asked sweetly while she and Sango stared the blue-eyed miko down.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes but glanced back to check if one of the guys were listening in.
 
Satisfied they were too enamored in their own little world Kagome turned back to her friends. “I'm planning something for Onigumo ok? Something to distinguish him from his brother so they won't get confused anymore.”
 
Sango raised a eyebrow. “You think he'd actually go for it?” she asked bluntly.
 
Kagome just shrugged. “I dunno…” she smirked suddenly. “If he doesn't, well… I know a way to change his mind pretty quickly.” She chuckled darkly.
 
Kikyo sighed but Sango inched away a little, a little wary of her friend…
 
--
 
Kagome grinned hugely. “Aha! Here it is!”
 
Everyone stared at Kagome as if she grew two heads. “Are you serious?” Onigumo muttered.
 
Kagome gave them a confused look. “Nani?” she wondered out loud.
 
Inuyasha gestured to the store. “Do ya need glasses or somethin'? The store looks like it's closed down…”
 
The doors of the store were closed, and the windows were tinted black so they couldn't see through. There were no advertisements, and the only thing that proved there was a store, was the name in big letters above the doors; MUSE.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes at them. “Just check it out… you'll like it for sure…” Kagome went over to the doors and opened them, and to their complete shock, rock music blasted out from the store.
 
They all shared looks and Kagome stared at them impatiently. “Ano ne, are you coming or not?”
 
Not waiting for them, she walked in.
 
That seemed to shake them out of their surprise and they followed the blue-eyed miko inside.
 
--
 
Once they were all in, they looked around with wide eyes like kids at an amusement park for the first time.
 
Kagome snickered, and with a regal voice she said. “Welcome to one of my favorite stores I happened to stumble into, MUSE… and no I have no idea what it stands for…
 
It was obviously a punk store, selling band shirts of rock bands, converses, skateboards, skinny jeans, dark and neon colored clothes, punk style accessories, and various other things…
 
The place even sold make-up and had a salon for doing hair, face, and piercings.
 
And the salon was the first place Kagome went over, Onigumo in tow.
 
There was a reason why I dragged all of us over here ya know.” Kagome explained as she dragged a still stunned Onigumo over to the stylists.
 
Pushing him into a chair, Kagome patted him on the head. “Now be a good boy and stay here…” And she walked over to a stylist she knew snickering all the way, and whispered in her ear, smirking evilly.
 
The stylist, a tall brunette dragon demon got a similar look on her face as she nodded to what Kagome was telling her.
 
Walking back to Onigumo, she looked at him with the evil smirk still on her face. “The reason was you…” her smirk grew at that alarmed look that overcame Onigumo.
 
Nani?! Wh-what are you talking about…” he stammered, not liking the situation one bit. He really didn't like the smirk on her face… trouble always came after that smirk…
 
Kagome chuckled sinisterly. “Oh nothing…” she trailed off innocently. “I just wanted to do you a favor you know? For sticking up for me on my first day in Trig Class and for being a cool friend… that's all…” she gave him the puppy eyes and a pleading pout. Onegai…?” she whimpered lightly.
 
Onigumo's eye twitched, mentally cursing and he had to look away… he couldn't stand another second of the pitiful face she was making. He let out a defeated sigh. ”Fine…” he mumbled out weakly.
 
A huge grin immediately spread out on her face, and Kagome gave a nod to the stylist. “You know what to do Ama-chan.”
 
Ama smirked and nodded back, going over to Onigumo. Pushing him back into the chair she looked him over, eyeing his hair. “You have such pretty hair hon…” she gushed, and giggled at the horrified face he was making. “Don't worry sweetie, Ama-chan will take real good care of you…” she cooed in a overly happy voice.
 
Onigumo almost passed out at the sight of her snapping the scissors and coming on to him ominously.
 
The thing he did pass out over was the sadistic face and glowing yellow eyes with slits staring down at him as he heard the malevolent cackling.
 
Kagome snorted at Onigumo as he passed out while the others looked on in shock.
 
They've never seen the spider hanyou so scared before…
 
Sesshomaru stared at his friend in pity and slight disgust. Of all the things to be scared of, he picked a hair stylist?! (What a wuss!!) His beast exclaimed laughing.
 
He couldn't disagree with that.
 
Kagome shook her head at the scene. “Ne Ama-chan? Take it easy on the poor guy when he wakes up will you? We don't want him passing out again this time. This one's actually a friend…”
 
Ama threw Kagome a smirk and nodded. “Oh alright…” she said with mock disappointment, before giving a reprimanding stare. “You know, he wouldn't have passed out if you just told me that in the first place… how would I know he wasn't another one of your… toys…?”
 
Kagome grinned cheekily. “I forgot…?” she trailed off innocently.
 
And once again the group was rendered speechless.
 
“Toys…?” Sesshomaru repeated dryly, giving her an expectant look.
 
Kikyo twitched, how can someone so small, innocent, pure and sweet looking be so evil? “Does Auntie know what you do when you go out?”
 
Kagome snorted and stared at Kikyo seriously. “'Kaa-chan knows everything…” she said in a strange, quiet voice.
 
…O-kay
 
They blinked, and edged away from her.
 
Kagome soon snapped out of it and bounded off into the store. “C'mon guys lets go! We can look around while Onigumo-kun gets to play Barbie!”
 
The boys snorted at her choice of words and shrugged. Better than just standing there.
 
They moved to follow her, but Inuyasha nudged Miroku to wait a bit, the houshi cocking an eyebrow when he saw his friend take out his phone.
 
Inuyasha went up the Onigumo's stylist and called out to her, holding up his phone. “May I?” he asked politely, a small grin on his face as his phone was set on camera.
 
Ama glanced over and a smirk spread out on her face as she nodded. “Of course…” she drawled out mischievously and posed, her smirk turning evil as her eyes flashed sadistically, making a terrifying face behind Onigumo as her scissors were raised menacingly above his head.
 
Inuyasha snickered and took the picture, a click sounding out.
 
Nodding his thanks to the woman, he turned back to Miroku whose eyebrows were shot up in amusement.
 
Inuyasha shrugged. “Blackmail.” He said simply, and went to find the group.
 
Miroku chucked slyly as he followed his friend.
 
--
 
After wandering around for half an hour picking out random stuff to buy they decided to check up on Onigumo and see how he was doing.
 
The scene they saw had Inuyasha whipping out his phone once again and taking pictures, a huge grin on his face.
 
Apparently Onigumo wasn't having the best of times and the face he was making didn't help the group contain their laughter effectively.
 
His red eyes were wide as they stared out at nothing, nervousness shining brightly like a beacon. His mouth was in a tight line and he was twitching like crazy.
 
Kagome couldn't hold it in when Ama snapped and smacked him over the head. “Boy you better stop that twitching or I'll shave off that pretty hair of yours and make sure you'll never grow any out for a year.”
 
Onigumo froze and nodded meekly. “Hai ma'm!” he blurted out quickly.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head sadly, was this really his best friend?
 
Onigumo glared when he heard the muffled snickers and amused expressions from his friends. He even growled at Inuyasha when he saw the phone. “You're gonna die…” he vowed darkly, his fingers twitching to extend a tentacle and wrap it around a certain inu-hanyou's neck and just squeeze.
 
Too bad the bastard was his friend…
 
Kagome looked over and noticed the phone in Inuyasha's hand and smirked, bounding over to him. “Ohhh! Lemme see!” she exclaimed excited, her eyes pleading.
 
Inuyasha turned his grin and nodded, showing it to her.
 
Kagome erupted into snickers. “Nice face Gumo-kun…” Her smirk turned into a cheeky grin at the scowl Onigumo sent her.
 
Inuyasha chuckled. “Wait till yah see the other one.” He told her, changing the picture on his phone.
 
Kagome gaped at the first picture he took when Onigumo was unconscious and let out a fit of laughter. Once she calmed she turned to Ama. “Nice to see you haven't lost your photogenic charm.” She said slyly.
 
Ama smirked in return, shaking her head as she went back to work.
 
“You have got to send that to me… it's priceless!!” she whispered into Inuyasha's ear, giving her number to him.
 
Inuyasha smirked and nodded inconspicuously, as Kikyo was staring at them suspiciously.
 
“I'm done!!” Ama sang, putting down the blow dryer and ruffling Onigumo's hair for good measure. Spinning him around, she let him take a look in the mirror.
 
His hair was cut to half an inch above his shoulder, angled and layer so that it was naturally spiky and it clearly distinguished him from his twin brother. (AN: Hmm think Train from Black Cat)
 
Onigumo actually grinned. “Sugoi!” he exclaimed happily.
 
Sesshomaru snorted at his friend. “Sometimes I believe you are as immature as Inuyasha. You fear such a small thing and yet you are happy with the outcome.”
 
Inuyasha growled. “Oi! I resent that!”
 
The sides of Onigumo's mouth twitched down, threatening to go in a scowl. “Your point?” he gritted out, annoyed.
 
Sesshomaru raised a elegantly sculptured eyebrow. “My thoughts exactly.” He remarked, amused.
 
Onigumo grumbled, muttering things about `smartass inu-youkai'
 
Said `Smartass Inu-Youkai' ignored him.
 
Kagome walked over and pushed Onigumo out of the chair. She turned to Ama. “Arigatou Ama-chan!! Sugoi work as always!!” she complimented.
 
Ama grinned. “I know.”
 
They traded their goodbyes and made their way over to the cashier to pay for their stuff, Ama kissing Onigumo on the cheek, ruffling his hair and telling him to be a good boy and come back when he needed a trim.
 
Miroku and Sango were the only one's that noticed the faint blush of embarrassment coating their friend's cheeks and they snickered lightly.
 
Kagome looked over to Onigumo. “I'll pay for the new cut alright? Since I'm the one that kinda forced ya into it…” she rubbed her neck sheepishly.
 
Onigumo glanced at her, surprised, before going to argue. “You sure? You don't have to do that.” He went reaching for his wallet.
 
Kagome shook her head firmly. “Iie.” she told him, grabbing his arm to stop him, smiling.
 
Sesshomaru noted the contact out of the corner of his eyes and frowned.
 
Sango narrowed her eyes at the scene, and mentally smiled to herself. /Looks like Fluffy has a lil' crush onsomeone…/ The taijiya stiffened suddenly, the feel of eyes burning into her skin
 
Sango slowly looked up to find herself staring into freezing golden depths as they glared at her. She looked away swiftly, acting as if nothing happened, though a small smile was on her face. /I have to tell Kikyo-chan!!/ Sango thought wily, snickering to herself.
 
Turning over to the gray-eyed miko, she nudged her and gestured to come closer, whispering covertly. I think your cousin snagged a certain stoic youkai…” she whispered softly, careful not to be too loud.
 
Kikyo arched an eyebrow and peered over at Sesshomaru captiously, taking in the frown on the usually indifferent Taiyoukai as he glared at the dark-haired pair.
 
Her gaze trailed over to her cousin and Onigumo and blinked when she saw Kagome holding the spider-hanyou's wrist. +Now that's something you don't see everyday…+
 
Kagome pulled on Onigumo's wrist, a cunning glint in her eyes. “But you're coming with me to checkout. If I'm right, then there's someone I want you to meet…” she trailed off innocently.
 
Onigumo gulped and gave a apprehensive stare. He didn't like the sound of that. “Are you trying to set me up?” he asked slowly.
 
Kagome feint surprise. “Nani?! Iie… Why would I ever do that?” she sounded so innocent but so sarcastic at the same time.
 
Sesshomaru blinked when he heard this, the frown slipping off, and the weird feeling in his chest went away.
 
What was this girl up to…?
 
…And what was she doing to him…?
 
--
 
Kagome dragged a struggling Onigumo to the cashier, an amused grin on her face. “Chill out Onigumo-kun… I just know you'll like her. And there's a chance you might not even meet her `cause she might not be working today. You could be worrying over nothing…”
 
Onigumo snorted and gave her a dry look. “With you everything is something to be worried about.”
 
Kagome's eye twitched, but her eyes lit up despite that. “You know what, you'll thank me for this, you really will.
 
Onigumo didn't get a chance to question her when he was shoved suddenly to the cashier desk.
 
Jitoi-san?” the cashier whispers out in surprise.
 
Onigumo froze, mouth gaping as he recognized the voice. “Seishou-san?!” his ears went red and he suddenly felt self-conscious of his new looks. He chanced a look at her and if it was even possible he gaped even more, and actually drooled a little.
 
There in front of him was the angel of his dreams… but right now she looked like a seductress.
 
Her eyes were outlined in black eyeliner and smoky purple eye shadow, giving her multicolored hazel eyes a sultry, more definite look, and his gaze lingered on the shiny with clear lips gloss, parted, pouty lips before he finally gave her a once over.
 
If he thought she was beautiful in her school uniform, then she was down right gorgeous in what she was wearing now, and he studied her taking in every detail. She had on gray skinny jeans, and a fitted, dark purple off the shoulder shirt that had criss-crossing strings on the sides, showing her skin, and black converse. She had a pair of skull earrings settled on her ear lobes, small silver hoops on the cartilage, and a silver leaf choker… her outfit was simple, yet not.
 
There was also a little name tagged pinned to her shirt, signifying she worked here.
 
Meitori stared wide-eyed at her crush, taking in his new look. For one she noticed that he had much shorter hair that looked naturally. It looked like a lighter than his twins where Naraku's was a shade darker,
 
He was wearing a black and white checkered hoodie and a gray fitted shirt, and she blushed a little when she saw the faint outline of his abs. He was wearing faded black jeans and skater shoes. On his neck she could see him wearing a chain link necklace and a thick banded dark silver ring with detailed styling.
 
His blood red eyes mesmerized her, and she had to admit he look really good in this kind of outfit. Hi” she said softly, nibbling her lip nervously as she looked anywhere save for the spider hanyou.
 
Hi…” Onigumo trailed off, breathless. He was actually talking to her!!
 
Kinda…
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and shoved him a little.
 
Onigumo cleared a little, swallowing down the snappy remark he wanted to give Kagome. “Ano ne, well so yea what's up? Didn't know you worked here… oh, and just call me Onigumo… Jitoi reminds me of… not so likable family…” he trailed off, giving a semi-charming/nervous smile.
 
Meitori laughed a little and nodded. “Of course… and well yep, been working here since I was sixteen and it's not so bad… and you can just call me Meitori too then, Seishou isn't so flattering you know?” A little blush was on her cheeks as she looked over at him shyly.
 
//Everything about you is flattering, that and more//Onigumo nodded, chuckling a little. “Uhn… well you see I guess you can pretty much tell I got some changes made.” He picked up a stand of hair and his face screwed up as he stared at it.
 
Meitori laughed gently. “I see that… it looks good…” she said sincerely, glancing back and forth from him and the ground.
 
Onigumo grinned and he felt his head heating up and he rubbed the back of his neck. “Arigatou Meitori-chan…” he breathed, gazing at her.
 
The blush on her face increased and Onigumo grinned a little more at that. //She lookssocute//
 
Behind them Kagome shook her head and rolled her eyes. -Kami they have sucha connection and chemistry between them butthey're so oblivious and they'reblushing like little pre-teens. Some may call it cute but damn does it just make me wannasmack `em andsay go out and get it over withalready.—
 
She's one to talk… Sesshomaru was still staring at her intently like a dog eyeing a bone but she was too wrapped up in her own little `cupid' world.
 
Kagome suddenly grinned.
 
It was time to put her plan in place!
 
Revealing herself from behind Onigumo, Kagome greeted Meitori. “Ano sa Meitori-chan! I thought I remembered you from somewhere but I just wasn't sure!”
 
Meitori laughed a little at her enthusiasm. “Konnichiwa Kagome-chan.”
 
Kagome gave her a smile. “Well, as you can see our Onigumo here got himself a little haircut, and since I practically forced him into it against his will I volunteered to pay for it.”
 
Meitori blinked but nodded swiftly. “Ok, I'll just ring you up then.”
 
After Kagome paid and put back her wallet she looked over to Meitori again. “Ne, when do you get off?”
 
Onigumo whipped his head over to Kagome, his eyes narrowed as he tried to decipher what the hell she was thinking.
 
Meitori furrowed her eyebrows at the question and had a thoughtful look on her face. “Ano ne, I don't get off till two but I have my break at eleven which is in…” she paused and looked at the time on the computer in front of her. “an hour...” she trailed of with an unsure look.
 
Kagome smiled at her. “Great! Wanna come by the food court and meet up with us during your break?”
 
Onigumo almost choked at the surprise invitation but hoped to dear Kami that Meitori would accept.
 
Meitori's eyes widened considerably at the invite. “Are you sure…?” she asked carefully, wondering what in the heck brought this on.
 
They really didn't even know each other…
 
Kagome nodded eagerly. “Unh, of course! We can get to know each other and stuff! It'll be fun!!”
 
Meitori studied her before nodding softly. “Sure, I'll meet you then. Arigatou…” she gave Kagome a soft smile.
 
Kagome grinned. “No prob!! Well, we'll see you later!!”
 
Kagome pulled on Onigumo, leading him out of the store where they would wait for the others to check out.
 
As soon as they were out Onigumo rounded on Kagome, eyes still narrowed as they burned with fire. “What the hell are you doing?” he hissed.
 
Kagome's forehead ticked and the hand on Onigumo's arm tightened sharply, so much it had him wincing. “If this is how you're gonna thank me every time I try and do you a favor, then consider me stopped.” She gritted out, trying to control her temper.
 
Onigumo scowled. He didn't ask for any of her help!!
 
And that's exactly what he told her.
 
When Kagome heard that she gave a good impression of a growl. “I thought you wanted to get with her? You know, get to know her and eventually go out… I'm helping speed up the process. It was either this or just let you keep on stalking her with your eyes in class that eventually she'll get crept out by the fact you're always watching her!!
 
She breathed in deeply, mentally counting back from ten just like her guidance counselor told her to whenever she got mad. She held back a snide comment when she saw him twitching. “Look, this is a way you can get to know her. She likes you too, I can tell, but your fuckface of a brother said something to her that she can't even look you in the eye.
 
She paused for a second, thinking. “Knowing him he probably made a move on her to steal her away and when she refused he gave some kind of threat or said something against you, so you need to be the one to make the first move.
 
Onigumo blinked slowly. “You think she like's me?” he asked with uncertainty.
 
Kagome snorted. “She's like you in class except she can't stare at you as long since glares keep on getting thrown her way.”
 
Onigumo growled. “I want to know what the dickhead told her.”
 
Kagome shrugged and gave him a serious look. “Why don't you ask her and find out?”
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Food Court—
 
“Hell yea! Finally!! Food Court here we come!!” Inuyasha cheered loudly, a silly fanged grin plastered on his face.
 
“Do you guys hear that? I think I can hear them running for their lives!” Sango snickered out.
 
They laughed while Inuyasha grumbled, his mood shot.
 
Kikyo came up to him and gave him a mock comforting kiss on the cheek. “No worries, they have to close their shops and lock it up before they can run. You would get there before they make it out.” She told him teasingly before skipping off giggling to Sango, leaving him to gape at his girlfriend.
 
Kagome gave a sly smirk at Inuyasha and whispered under her breath to the guys. “You may not have known it yet but Kikyo can be just as evil as me, she just better at hiding it…” she informed them, snickering a little.
 
Inuyasha snorted softly. “I'm her boyfriend remember?” he reminded her dryly, shivering a bit. “I found that out a long time ago when I asked her to tutor me…” He shook his head to get rid of the scarring memory that was sewn into his mind.
 
That actually had Sesshomaru snickering under his breath… he remembered that day like it was yesterday…
 
It was the reason why he even approved of Kikyo in the first place…
 
…the boy needed someone who could handle him with ease, and she did exactly that…
 
--
 
After they got their food they meet up again, Onigumo bringing Meitori with him.
 
“She found me when was in line.” He told them when they raised an eyebrow.
 
Meitori nodded and pointed over to the right. “If you guys want there's a corner booth that's big enough to fit us all and it's in a usually secluded spot…” she trailed off, fidgeting nervously.
 
Sesshomaru nodded his approval; he didn't want to be cramped up near the noisy ningen.
 
Kikyo smiled gratefully at the shy girl, making her feel a little more comfortable. “That would be great. I do not like having to struggle to be heard. Arigatou.”
 
Meitori smiled back. “Same here, that's why I usually sit around there.”
 
They made their way towards the edge of the food court, away from where all the rambunctious children, pre-teens, and other teenagers sat.
 
Once they reached the booth they saw it really was big enough to fit eight people and it curved around so it would be easier to see each other while they chatted.
 
When they sat they were in this order; starting from the edge was Sesshomaru, Onigumo, Meitori, Kikyo, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, and Kagome, who was sitting right across from Sesshomaru. There was so much space that there was room for one more if needed.
 
As they ate they chatted softly, making small talk and passing the time.
 
Miroku looked over Meitori with an inquisitive glance. “So Meitori-chan, what kind of youkai are you exactly?”
 
Meitori stiffened at the question, and looked down in indecision.
 
Onigumo noticed and nudged her. “You don't have to tell us if you don't want to.” He told her gently. “You barely know us so it's alright.”
 
Meitori looked up in shock and gratitude, but shook her head slowly. “Iie, I'll tell you guys… I think I can trust you all.” She said, staring back at Onigumo the whole time.
 
Onigumo grinned.
 
Her stare lingered on him a little more before looking over the rest of them. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. “Ano ne, onegai, you can't tell anyone but I'm a…phoenix… youkai…” she whispered last part quietly that they had to strain their ears to hear.
 
Their eyes widened and Kagome whistled lowly.
 
Sango blinked in shock. “Sou ka? Those kinds of youkai are really rare…” she trailed off in awe.
 
Meitori nodded. “I'm mixed elemental too, not just fire.” She murmured softly, a little blush on her cheeks at their reactions and stares. “That's why I hide my aura so extensively. Usually people just think I'm some kind of bird youkai… if they knew I what I really was I'd probably be hunted…” she said sadly.
 
Onigumo was looked at her in sympathy.
 
Inuyasha saw this and decided to help out. Kicking the fellow hanyou lightly under the table, he slung an arm around Kikyo's shoulder and gave a comforting squeeze, gesturing him to do the same thing.
 
Kikyo noticed what he was doing and gave a small nod of encouragement to Onigumo.
 
They all knew about his little `crush' and know that they were getting to know the sweet girl she definitely approved.
 
The spider looked hesitant but decided to go for it. Slowly wrapping a arm around the small girl's shoulder as to now startle her, he gave a comforting squeeze. “Don't worry… your secret is safe with us…”
 
Kagome, Kikyo, and Sango shared a grin, giving a mental `Awhhh'
 
Meitori glanced up in surprise, and gave a small thankful smile, a little fang poking out that made Onigumo grin back at her, his ears glowing a faint red. “Arigatou Onigumo-kun…” she whispered softly.
 
They continued to eat in peace when Kagome also nudged Onigumo. His head looked up and saw her mouth the words `Ask her'.
 
Onigumo shook his head once, the action so small no one noticed.
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes. Well if he didn't want to… “Ne, Meitori-chan?” Kagome asked politely.
 
Meitori blinked, stopping halfway from popping a fry in her mouth. Putting it back down she nodded. “Ara?”
 
Onigumo glared and kicked Kagome under that table.
 
She didn't even jerk or spare him a glance. “You know, on my first day I kinda noticed Naraku staring at you like he was gonna jump you or something…” she trailed off casually.
 
Onigumo scowled and went to kick her again when Sesshomaru suddenly elbowed him.
 
Onigumo glared over at him. “Yameru, if there is a problem between the two we need to know so it can be taken care of. You do not want her to get hurt correct?” Sesshomaru said softly, making sure it was low enough that not even Meitori's enhanced hearing could pick it up.
 
Onigumo's slumped and nodded. He'll stop for now…
 
The rest of the group was staring at Meitori intently her froze and was looking down at her tray of food like it was the most interesting thing in the world.
 
“Oi…” Inuyasha murmured, his usually gruff voice taking a softer edge. “You can tell us yah know. We're yah friends if yah want us to be, and there ain't anything to be afraid of with that jackass.”
 
Meitori looked up, a fierceness in her eyes as she looked over at the Inu-hanyou. “I'm not afraid of him hurting me; I can take care of myself…” Her eyes flashed in anger for the hanyou, proving that fact.
 
Inuyasha smirked. “Good to know.”
 
Sango looked her over. “Then what's his issue with you?” she ventured curiously.
 
Meitori bit her lip. “A couple weeks after school started he started coming on to me, hitting on me and finally asked me out.” She shivered in disgust and Onigumo felt a growl start in the back of his throat.
 
The sound had Meitori glance at him, worried. When she saw the scowl on his face she took a risk and reached out, touching his hand softly to calm him.
 
The growl disappeared in a flash, and he flipped his hand to hold hers, squeezing it as he mouthed an apology.
 
She smiled and nodded in understanding before she continued, the smile turning into a frown.
 
Meitori stared back at Kagome, relaying the contempt in her flashing hazel eyes. “When I pretty much said hell no and to stay the frick away from me,” she got some chuckles out of that one, he threatened me and my family…”
 
Her eyes narrowed in confusion suddenly. “Somehow he found out that my family is one of phoenixes and he threatened if… if I didn't do what he said he'd out me. He doesn't know I'm mixed elemental, but the fact that my family is phoenixes alone is enough to have hunters tagged on us and I'd have to move again… last time was all the way from Russia, and my parents said the Americas are next on the list…” she trailed off, looking out in space.
 
The grip on Meitori's hand tightened a bit and she closed her eyes and sighed softly when she felt the comforting strokes on the back of her hand.
 
Who knew Onigumo, who she thought was such a tough guy, could be such a softie at heart when the moment called for it…
 
Kikyo put a hand on the Phoenix's shoulder. “What did he tell you to do…?” she asked gently.
 
Meitori fidgeted, clearly uncomfortable with saying this to present company. “Naraku ordered me to keep to myself at school, which was strange at first until he told me to completely ignore someone as well. I couldn't look or talk friendly with this person if he ever confronted me no matter how much I wanted too.
 
Kagome almost smirked to herself, but considering the situation she frowned instead, “And who is this person? Why is Naraku so adamant about keeping you two apart?”
 
Meitori gulped a little and looked over at Onigumo who was staring at her just as intently.
 
He knew the answer to Kagome's first question, his twin brother admitted doing something last week but he wanted to hear the second one's answer.
 
Meitori finally answered, and she squeezed Onigumo's hand. “It was you…” she told him softly. “I don't know why but he just told me not to get friendly with you, especially you. He said he better not catch me talking to you in school or else…” She brightened though. “But we're not at school! So it doesn't matter what he said...” she gave him a little grin.
 
Onigumo chuckled at her little loophole, along with Kagome.
 
Sesshomaru regarded Meitori seriously. “Do not worry about that disgrace of a hanyou. If he does sprout off words about your family's heritage you will not have to move, for you will be greatly protected by the Daiyoukai of the Western Lands, but I doubt it shall come to that. I will acquire an acquaintance's ability to seal away information so that he cannot not speak, write, or even think of your true lineage.”
 
Meitori and Kagome blinked in shock. “How do you plan on getting the Daiyoukai of the Western Lands' protection?” Kagome asked, puzzled.
 
The rest of the group looked on, keeping a hold on their snickers though Kikyo stared at her like she was an idiot. “Kagome-chan, you're a miko and you don't even know?”
 
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows. “Know what?”
 
Sesshomaru cut in before Kikyo could answer, amusement shining clearly in his eyes as he answered Kagome's first question. “Easily, seeing as I am his son…” he trailed off smugly, smirking at Kagome's gaping face.
 
Meitori gasped softly, looking at him in wonder.
 
“His son?! Meaning you're a Taiyoukai?!?” Kagome choked suddenly. “You-you mean you're telling me that Touga-sensei is…” she trailed with appalled eyes.
 
Inuyasha snickered gleefully, nodding his head eagerly.
 
That perverted old gym teaching Inu-youkai was really the regal, all powerful Daiyoukai of the West?!?
 
What in the hell was the world coming to?!?!?
 
Meitori gave a small bow of the head. “Arigatou, Sesshomaru-sama.” She told him gratefully.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head. “No honorific when we are friends and Otou-san would jump at the chance to help protect your family. Phoenixes helped him in a past war long ago and they were a great help to him.”
 
Meanwhile Kagome was sputtering incomprehensible words so Sango decided to help her out.
 
Clamping a hand over the miko's mouth, she waited for Kagome to stop sputtering. “Calm down, take a deep breath, and then talk.” She told her sarcastically.
 
Kagome's head turned slowly to glare at Sango who just ignored it, pulled back her hand, and grinned.
 
“Oi, don't I know you?”
 
Kagome snorted, losing the glare as she forgot about what happened and looked over her shoulder to the new arrival. He was a ningen and had short blond hair, brown eyes, and was easy on the eyes. The small cocky smirk on his face made her mentally twitch and switch her frustrations on him.
 
Once she knew it wasn't someone she actually knew she rolled her eyes. “Does that pick up line actually work on girls?” she asked her friends, smirking when she heard their snickers.
 
Miroku shook his head, grinning. “Nope, I don't think it does and I would know. Try a better one next time, why don't you?”
 
Inuyasha scoffed, his arm around Kikyo tightening when he saw the guy's friends coming over.
 
Sesshomaru scowled. “How about not trying any at all and take your leave?” he bit out coldly.
 
The blonde boy glared. “What's it to you? Not like you're her boyfriend.” He snorted. “You look too girly to be her boyfriend. A girl like her needs a man.” He had a smug smirk on his face.
 
Onigumo froze at that and hurried to grab Sesshomaru's shoulder to stop him from getting up and killing the stupid ningen that dared to insult Western Prince.
 
Sesshomaru jerked under his friend's hold, growling under his breath. The audacity!
 
During this time Kagome hand was twitching, aching to slug the overconfident little shit.
 
Surprisingly it was Meitori who acted first. “You don't know her so don't assume you know what she needs.” An uncharacteristic smirk formed on her lips. “Besides, you're not even a tenth of a man Sesshomaru-kun is. He would never resort to pick up lines to get a girl; such cowardly measures are beneath him.”
 
Onigumo's hold on Sesshomaru slacked a little when he heard the little phoenix talk back and he turned slightly wider eyes to stare at her, impressed and even a little turned on.
 
A girl who stood up for herself was hot…
 
His anger dissipating, Sesshomaru settled back into his seat as he smirked. The girl took the words right out of his mouth…
 
The rest of them stared at Meitori in shock, though Inuyasha and Kagome were shaking with silent laughter.
 
The boy was shaking in fury at what she said though. “Who asked you, you little ama.”
 
Now it was Sesshomaru's turn to hold back Onigumo as he snarled and attempted to go over and choke the imbecile.
 
Meitori wasn't fazed though; instead she put a thoughtful finger on her chin. “Ano ne, you do know I'm a bird youkai, not an inu youkai, correct? Can you start making sense please?” she asked innocently, though that evil smirk on her lips negated the effect.
 
The blonde boy's friends snickered. A black haired one stepped up to the boy who was speaking. “Kouyta, lemme get that one and you can have the black haired chick. This one's cute…”
 
Hearing that Sesshomaru almost let go of Onigumo, but the rational part of his mind that was wearing thin told him not to.
 
The blond boy shrugged. “Whatever Tai, have fun breaking her.”
 
Meitori's jaw clenched along with Kagome's blue eyes growing cold.
 
“So back to business.” Kouyta began, and looked over at Kagome. “Is this seat empty sweetheart?” he gestured to the spot next to her.
 
Propping a arm on the of the booth she turned to look at him. “Hai, it is actually, and this one will be too if you sit down.” She snapped, getting annoyed.
 
Inuyasha and Miroku snickered.
 
Kouyta smirked suddenly, ignoring her remark as he saw the bracelets on her wrist. He snapped the one closest to him; the red one. “So when do I get my lap dance baby?”
 
Sesshomaru almost snarled. (That teme! He dares claim what is ours?!) His beast raged.
 
Kagome's eyes flashed coldly. “Did he just touch me?” she asked her friends in a deadly, quiet voice that promised death and pain…
 
lot's and lot's of pain…
 
Usually Kikyo wouldn't condone violence, but considering their situation she'll allow it. She hated cocky guys like these anyways. “Hai Kagome-chan, I believe he did. What are you going to do about it?” She hid a small smirk.
 
“Castrate him.” She said simply before jumping out of the booth and tackling the boy who dared to contaminate her.
 
Who knew where that hand has been?!
 
The thought only fueled her fury as she pulled her hand back and punched him on the cheek.
 
A groan filled the air and Sesshomaru smirked, satisfied at the turn of events and how Kagome was handling it.
 
A sharp gasp had Kagome pausing mid-swing in another punch and their group turning to the direction of their sound.
 
The black haired boy, Tai, was yanking Meitori out of her seat.
 
Kagome jumped up the same time Onigumo did. “You fucker!!” the spider hanyou snarled out, leaping out of his seat and take care of the boy.
 
He didn't need to as the offending hand on Meitori's waist was set on fire, making him let go like a hot potato and giving the phoenix the opportunity to flip him over and slam him to the ground.
 
The fire disappeared as soon as he was off of her, it being only a fire that didn't actually burn.
 
Onigumo smirked at the boy and gave him a complimentary sharp kick in the side, making him roll over a couple of times.
 
The other boys realized that with the strongest out of their group down they weren't going to win and they quickly grabbed onto their friends and fled.
 
Kagome high-fived Meitori. “Nice flip, you know how to fight?” she wondered.
 
Meitori laughed sheepishly. “Unh, my parent's thought I should know how to defend myself so they taught me how to fight.”
 
Inuyasha chuckled as he slid out of the booth after Kikyo. “Nice… oi why don'tchya come over to our house to hang after work?”
 
Sango's eyes lit up. “Yea and maybe you can even stay over for the night!” she added, smiling. “We're having a mass sleep over after band practice today.”
 
Meitori's eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Sleep over? Like boy and girls? Do your parents even mind?”
 
Sesshomaru shook his head. “Not at all, they trust us and my father would like to meet you…” he put in as a side note.
 
Kagome nudged Meitori gently. “Yea come on! It'll be a blast. We'll all be there!! Even Onigumo…” she whispered softly, winking at the demoness.
 
Meitori blushed. `That obvious?' she mouthed to the friendly miko.
 
Kagome grinned. `Oh yea' she mouthed back.
 
Meitori blushed even harder but nodded. “Sure, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sure my parents won't mind. Oh, but how will I get there? I don't know where you live…” she trailed off, looking between Sesshomaru and Inuyasha.
 
Kikyo pulled out a pen from her clutch and went over to the table to get a napkin and wrote some directions and her number. She handed it over to Meitori when she was done. “Here are the directions; you really can't miss the house. And if there's any trouble just call.”
 
Meitori smiled. “Arigatou!!” Her eyes widened and she looked at her watch. “Chikuso! My break is almost over! I have to go! Ja ne!!” Waving she ran off to get back to the store before she was late.
 
Onigumo was waving back, an idiotic smile on his face until Inuyasha smacked him out of it.
 
Onigumo twitched slightly before turning to the fellow hanyou.
 
“Yarou!!” `Slam'
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Words- 9,186
Vocab:
 
Ama-bitch
Taijiya- demon slayer
Houshi- monk
Miko- priestess
Kaa-chan - mother, usually used as the Japanese form of “mom”
Oi - hey
Youkai - a demon, literally translates as a “spirit”, can be used as plural
Iie - no
Chikuso - 'Damn it!', 'Shit!', 'Son of a bitch!'
Hai - yes
Onegai - please
Ohayo - good morning
Ano sa - a form of `hey'
Kuso - damn it
Nani? - what?
Sugoi! - `cool!' or `awesome!'
Urusai - shut up
Yarou - asshole
Onegai - please
Ningen - human(s)
Ano ne - `well' or `um'
Ne - yet another form of `hey'
Yameru - stop
Sou ka? - Really?
Nan da - What the…
Onna- woman
Konnchiwa - hello / good day.
Arigatou (gozaimasu) - thank you (very much)
Unh (intonation going up) - yeah, yes; younger people uses this a lot, both women and men.
Ara? - an expression of surprise; "huh?"; mostly used by women.
Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I hit a major road block on this chapter but I finally got over it and my muse came back.
 
The chappy was gonna be longer and have more stuff in it but it got to point that it was gonna be over 17,000 words so I just decided to cut in half. Sadly the more interesting part is in the next chapter.
 
As you can see this chapter was mostly an intro I guess for Meitori and with her getting closer to Onigumo, as well as ataste ofKagome's matchmaking skills.
 
After the next chapter things really should start getting more interesting, like Kagome's next week of school, which is also the week of the Halloween festival and dance thing.
 
Andseeing as next week will bethis story's `one year anniversary' I just might post another chapter if I finish early. Lol, tell me watchya think!
 
 
See yah later!!
RainLily
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Review Replies—
sesshyalltheway- Lol thanks!! That's good to hear that I'm not doing a bad job hahah I'm soo glad you enjoyed the chapter and I hope you liked this one just as much!! ^^ Awhh thanks!! That means so much to me to hear that from you!! You're so sweet!! =^^= Thank you again!!
 
Volleygirl- Thanks!! And no prob!! It definitely my pleasure to write these chapters up! :) Hope you enjoyed this chappy!!
 
Anime4mealways- LOL :P Hahahh, yea Touga's the bomb, I gotta agree hehehh. Thanks!! Hahahh, don't sweat it, strange is good, it makes you unique!! ;) Hope you liked this chapter!! ^^