InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ The Call of the Hormonal Boys ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Put down the torches please and take this chappy as a peace offering ;)
 
Read, Review, and ENJOY!!
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--A Miko's Life in Sakura High—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer: Y'all should have this drilled into your head by now… I never have and never ever will own Inuyasha… a sad perspective I've came to realize :'/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-Kagome—
 
#Sesshomaru#
 
(Sesshomaru's Beast)
 
:Inuyasha:
 
&Miroku&
 
//Onigumo//
 
+Kikyo+
 
/Sango/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
 
Miroku snickered. “And I bet it makes for interesting alone time if you know what I mean…”
 
Inuyasha choked.
 
Sesshomaru smirked.
 
Onigumo grinned.
 
Meitori giggled.
 
Kagome let out an amused snort.
 
Kikyo's eye ticked.
 
And Sango twitched.
 
“Mi-ro-ku!!” `slap' “Lecher!” `bonk' “You idiot!” `bam'
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--The Call of the Hormonal Boys—
People stared and people gawked early Monday morning as Kagome trailed behind her cousin, muttering, grumbling and on top of all that, adorning a cross look on her face.
That wasn't the reason for all the staring and gawking however.
It was what exactly Kagome was wearing.
Said person fidgeted, getting irritated at the burning gazes coming from basically every living organism in the halls that morning and the obvious whispers of her buzzing around.
Kami, it felt like the first day of school all over again.
One time was enough, and already she had it three times this year!
And it all started with a dare, a dream, and a rude awakening.
Just. Her. Freaking. Luck.
--Flashback
Ara?”
She was in a dark space and nothing was around her. It was just all black, a void of darkness: a black ground, black sky… nothing else was discernable. The only thing that wasn't black was Kagome herself; wearing a long-sleevedlilac sleeping shirt and a pair of dark red capri's. she could only see about twofeet aroundher, seeing as she was mysteriously glowing a mild white.
She felt this was kindoffamiliar… like her `bunnies of doom' dream but the opposite. She shivered at the thought but stopped after forshe knew she had to focusonthe situation athand, like maybe… what...in the hell… was she doing here!
And of course, what was going to happennext…
Using her miko powers she formed an orb in her hand and threw in the air,letting it float. It helped a little,lighting up a good ten feet radius surrounding her, but still, there was nothing in the vicinity that could be seen.
It wasn't long until she felt the prickling feeling of eyes boring upon her, the fine hairs on the back of her neck rose ever so slightly as the seconds ticked by. Cautiously taking a few steps forwards, she became privy to the bothersome feel ofa malevolent aura that increased with time and she tensed slightly.
Sounds reached her ears and at first she had to strain to hear them. Footstepsechoed around her, followed byindiscernible muttering.
Thenwithout warningit all stopped, leaving just a few things to be heard; the soft billows of air that puffed in and out from her lungs, the slow thumping of her heart as she stood calmly, and the eeriesilence thatfell uponthe area.
Kagome was positive that something absolutely terrible and horriblewas about to happen to her, the eeriesilence acting in as like a calm before the storm kind of scenario and she couldn't help the fleeting thought that this whole thing was part of some cliché scene off a horror movie.
--Now all we need is the suspenseful music and it would be perfect…-- she thought wryly, despite her current situation.
Right on cue, suspenseful music played softly to her ears and Kagome's face screwed up in the classic `WTF?!' fashion. ”That's not weird or anything…” she muttered under her breath.
Suddenlythe music picked up andthe sounds sprouted up again, erupting from behind and she whipped around only to abruptly come face to face with some figure.
Kagome's eyes widened at the sudden appearance and her hands shot out to shove whatever it was away from her as she stumbled back to put some distance in between.
She only took a few steps backwards before her back met with something solid.
And warm.
And breathing as well.
Something grabbed hershoulder and Kagome reacted out of reflex. Her hands reached back to grip the arm that was connected to the hand that she suspected had hold of her, only to feel air.
Kagome froze, her body going rigid as her head slowly turned to her shoulder, the overly dramatic music matching her pace, getting faster and faster until it came to a screeching halt once her head turned all the way.
Her eyes widened even more and a disgusted look crossed her face. She grabbed the offending object on her shoulder and wrenched it off before chucking it to the ground.
Oh, it was a hand like she suspectedalright.
What she didn't expect was it to be only a hand, with no arm and consequentlyno body connected.
And let's not ignore the fact that it was horribly disfigured, had bugs wiggling inside the flesh, and colored with a greenish tint.
Mocking laughter snatched her attention from the hand. She tensed, getting into a defensive position as the instinctto defend herselffilled her.Her eyes shifted wildly, searching for something… anything
Without any notice the miko orb casting the light was extinguished and morelaughter pierced her ears, coming from all directions.
She was increasinglyawareof the random footsteps thatfell around her, and her gaze shot to each resonating soundas she strained to see something in the darkness. The music started again, adding to the effect.
She pushed away her anxiety, taking deep breaths to calm herself.
--This is just a dream, just a freaking dream… zombies totally do not exist, no freaking way in hell…-- She told herself.
As glowing white eyes rimmed with red gleamed in the darkness in flashes, appearing at one moment and disappearingatanother, she had a real hard time actually believing that.
More cackling laughter was heard, and this time right in her ear. A surprised yelp escaped her and she stumbled to the side, swinging her arm to fend the `zombie' away but there was no contact.
Another yelp slipped out of her throat as she crashed into something that felt suspiciously like a body. She shoved the `person' away and shot forward, only to careen face first into another figure.
She stumbled backwards, pushing away the figure and forcing down a gag at the putridsmell that entered her nose from the contact.
The wind was knocked out of her as she crashed against a wall that just appeared and she slid to the groundin surprise, her arms raised up to defend herself just in case.
The music slowed down dramatically, making it all the more suspenseful.
And as if they were controlled by a switch,lights clicked and shined down on her, revealing her attackers.
She sucked in a deep breath in a gasp but stopped mid-away as she realized exactly who was attacking her.
They were zombies, sure, but that wasn't all they were.
Her arms dropped in their defensive posture, plopping to the ground with a thud and she stared dumbly at the attackers who surrounded her, her mouth opened wide in astonishment.
Not only were her attackers zombies, but they were also zombie clowns.
--Seriously?— she thought dryly. -Just plain `ol zombies are scarier then this bunch…--
Yeah, they were missing fingers, hands,ears,and other bodily attachmentsthey had eyes hangingfrom their sockets and only patches of hair missing from their heads. Sure their clothes were ripped and shredded, and they had gashes and dirt littering their skin while beetles and worms made their home.
But the whole clown prospect seriously offset the whole affect. With the neon hair they had-or what was left of it-, the big red balls on their noses and ridiculous styled clothing they wore, and the crazy make up covering their faces… or what could be discernable…
It just seemed stupid, so much that a little toddler probably wouldn't befazed and she wanted to know who the hell came up with this dream!
--Psh, those nightmare guys needs to do a better job next time if he seriously meant to scare me…--
What would really scare her would be some zombie pink bunnies…
Now that would be something worth being horrified about.
The zombie clowns were now just staringdown at her, and to Kagome's amusement they had a befuddled look on their faces, as if wondering why she wasn't afraid anymore.
A twisted, evil grin spread out on her face, causing the zombie clowns' own eyes to widen considerably, not expecting this turn of events.
Kagome picked herself off the ground, her eyes dancing wickedly as she took a step forward, the clowns comically following her with a step back, and they repeated this a few times.
Seeing this only intensified Kagome's grin, and she chuckled softly. “Oh how the table's turned…” she mocked lightly, the grin keeping its place on her lips. “This is my dream, so I'm taking over. Time to pl-ay…” Kagome told them, her voice taking a sing-song tone at the end.
Fear emitted from the zombies, filling the air with tension.
Kagome's grin turned into a smug smirk and she held up a hand, the smirk growing even more as a baseball bat appeared.
“I hate clowns almost as much as I hate those darn pink bunnies of doom…” she thought out loud as she tapped the tip of the bat on her palm in a threatening fashion. She paused, narrowing her eyes at the clowns that surrounded her.
“But clowns piss me off rather than freak me out, so I guess today's a lucky day…” she snickered. “For me at least…” she said slyly and she shot forward swinging the bat back.
She leapt for a clownas they made a run for it;kicking it behind the knees and making them give out as the clown fell to the ground before she started up running again.
Her grip on the bat tightened and she swung with all her might, hitting another clown in the side and causing it to plummet into another clown, who knocked into another one, which crashed into another, causing the four of them to drop to the floor in a pile of decaying make up covered, groaning flesh.
Thinking five was enough for now she let the others go.She pinned her dancing gaze on those left behind, snickering as they moaned.
She lifted the bat into the air, intent on swinging it down to put a end to these zombie clowns, but paused mid-swing, a thoughtful and yet plotting look crossed her face. A smirk slowly spread out on her face and suddenly the bat grew fivetimes larger, morphing from its previous metal form to one of wood and the snickers increased in volume…
What could she say…?
She just loved to hear the loud cracking snap of a baseball bat when it broke in half…
Her smirk grew. It was like music to her ears…
The zombies' white glowing eyes widened in fear and one of them cringed away as the bat came flying down at him.
Right as Kagome was about to hit the clown she froze, a shake reverberating her body. Kagome's eyes widened as she realized what was happening. “No…” she whispered harshly.
“Kagome…? Kagome?? Wake up Kagome!!”
The batdropped to the ground in a clatter but Kagome ignored it as she shook her head wildly.“No! Not now! C'mon!! I was sooo close to swinging his head off!!” she whined childishly, stomping her foot.
The world around her faded away and the last thing she saw was the relieved and yet smug look the zombiesgave her.
Before it all disappearedshe narrowed her eyes and quickly retorted. “This is over yet! Not even close so you better take those smug looks off your faces! I'll be back!!”
She cackled evilly at the fearful looks and with a contented sigh she returned to the world of awakening.
--
Even though Kagome knew she was waking up from her dream she wasn't prepared for the sight that awaited her once her eyes fluttered open lethargically.
She shrieked, jumping slightly.
“Holy shit!! What the hell are you doing?!”
The person the question was directed to started and stumbled back. “Waking you up!” they retorted. Their face turned worried and slightly apprehensive. “You had this weird grin on your face and you were muttering things…”
Kagome looked slightly sheepish but only huffed. “Ano ne,yea I was just about to knock the head off some zombie clown before you woke me.” Kagome ignored the strange look turned her way. “ Butyou didn't have to be so close to my face and staring at me like that Kikyo!”
Kikyo twitched. “Are you calling me ugly?!” she gritted out slowly,threateningly, asher eyes narrowed.
Kagome just blinked as the corner of her lips quirked up, before she rolled her eyes at her cousin. “Of coursenot, I'm just saying waking up to your face just isn't the most pleasant thing I can think of…” she said teasingly.
Kikyo growled but took no offense, instead tossing Kagome some clothes. “Hurry up and get ready… or else no breakfast.”
Asif it heard her, Kagome's stomach growled loudly and a sheepish smile made itsway on her face.
Kikyo's lips twitched up into a small, amused smile and she shook her head as she left the room.
Shrugging, Kagome climbed out of bed drowsily, before stumbling towards the bathroom with her clothes.
It was when she was finished with her shower and about to put on her clothes that she realized what exactly her cousin gave her…
--
Downstairs eating some cereal, Kikyo snickered softly when a flood of cursing reached her ears…
Oh how the tables have turned indeed…
--
Kagome stepped out from her bathroom, fidgeting with her uniform with extreme discomfort. A look of distaste was painted clear on her face.”Ki-k-yo!!” she hollered out.
--
Downstairs, a tiny, almost undetectable smirk appeared on Kikyo's lips as she slowly stood up from her seat and made her way upstairs, taking her time.
--
By the time Kikyo arrived to Kagome's room, said person was tapping their foot loudly and impatiently. “Did you have to pick today? I thought you would wait a little before I had to do your stupid dare…” she complainedloudly, a pout on her lips.
Kikyo smiled a little. “Ano ne, seeing as how the Halloween dance and festival is this Friday and you have to have a date for it,why not show up at the school looking `pretty' for once before all the good dates are taken?”
Kagome only snorted. “'Pretty'? You're idea of pretty is demented. And besides, I don't need a date, cause I'm not even going.”
Kikyo's eyes widenedin alarm. “Nani?! But your helpingso much in the planning. You are not even going to go see how it turned out?” her tone was laced with astonishment.
Kagome just shrugged. “Nahh, so let's get this over with huh? I'm still hungry.”
Kikyo gave her cousin a stern look. “We're not finished talking.”
Kagome waved her off. “C'mon! We don't have a lotta time, and I'm gonna eat breakfast.So if you wanna `pretty me up' to the fullest extent, let's hop to it.”
Kikyo glared after Kagome as the blue eyed miko made her way to the vanity and went over to complete the dare.
--
By the time the two cousins went their separate ways Kagome finally started glaring at the gawking students, feeling pleased when they looked away quickly.
Kagome grudgingly made her way to her locker, and as she watched a certain someone through his locker Kagome silently tip toed towards the male and tapped him on the shoulder quickly.
The innocent smile on her face was greatly offset by her sapphire eyes that sparkled mischievously as she masked her voice to be more girly and high pitched and voiced out a greeting.
--
“Ohayo Sesshomaru-kun!!
Sesshomaru had already stiffened at the contact and a growl was at the back of his throat when he turned stiffly to look at the person who dared to touch his person and address him so personally.
Once his golden eyes were laid upon said person, his eyes faintly flashed their confusion before quickly reverting to their previous indifference.
It was a girl, who was dressed in the female uniform of his school in a proper way, the shirt a decent fit and length, as well as the skirt.
Her hair was put up into a ponytail, and she was wearing light but bright make up.
Her sparkling blue eyes were brought out with mascara and lined with black as shimmering light blue eye shadow coated her eyelids. Faint pink blush was brushed along her cheeks, and her pink plump lips were glazed with clear gloss.
He didn't recognize this person, and he quickly took a tentative sniff only to be puzzled even more as the calming scent of vanilla and passion fruit with the powerful, sharp tang of a storm mingled with the other smells emitting from the other humans entered his nose.
This scent smelled like Kagome, and though there were slight similarities in looks, the logic part of his mind told him Kagome wouldn't be caught dead in a skirt, none the less bright make up.
And her voice didn't sound so annoying either…
Maybe Kagome walked by here recently…?
And so, he dealt with the situation as usual.
The silver haired Inu-youkai glared down coldly at the girl. “And you are?” he bit out icily.
The girl gaped at him before realization sunk in and her mouth closed promptly. She stared at him indigently before her eyes filled with mirth before sadness took over in the span of a milli-second.
“You-you don't recognize me…?” her voice cracked as fake tears swelled up in her eyes. She mustered up a sulky, hurt pout and directed it straight at him.
Sesshomaru's eyes widened, taking in the face that strongly resembled a sad little girl who just got her favorite teddy bear/best friend taken away, and his resolve was shot in record time. Panic flashed in his face as he scrambled for a way to calm the girl down.
“W-wait a second,” he hissed under his breath, though the sharpness was offset by the underlying panic.
The girl mentally snickered, her demeanor flashing its evilness for a nano-second.
Sadly- or fortunately depending on your view- Sesshomaru was ignorant to that very important reaction.
Sucks for him…
Teary sapphire eyes turned doe-like as the girl looked up at him, crushed. A slight whimper forced its way out of her throat.
Outwardly, Sesshomaru's eyes just widened, but inwardly he was cringing at the sight. He was getting desperate. “Y-yameru this instant.” He ordered harshly, although desperation and alarm underlined his tone.
A scared gasp was heard and a look of petrified fear crossed the girl's face as her lip trembled.
The fine hairs on the nape of Sesshomaru's neck rose in horror.
He's seen that face before…
He was very, very familiar with that look…
…It was the very same look Rin wore right before…
Sesshomaru nearly mentally whimpered himself that second
… it was the face Rin always wore before she blew up in a bawling tearfest…
His eyes strayed to the school ceiling while made a mental prayer.
…Kami help him…
--
Kagome almost exploded in laughter as she stared at Sesshomaru.
His face!!
The face he was making was priceless!!
He was the epitome of a dog with his tail tucked between his legs, desperate to flee to safety.
And yes, pun intended.
If she knew this was how it was going to turn out when she wore the stupid uniform she would have brought a camera.
Kagome froze.
Her cell phone had a camera…
Kagome smirked. And she had the perfect chance to whip it out while Sesshomaru was currently `distracted'.
--
`Cla-click'
Sesshomaru stiffened at the sound and his eyes slowly traveled down to the direction from where it came from, the sensation of impending doom riding upon him.
When he saw the strangely familiar smirk on the previously upset girl's face he knew something was wrong.
When his eyes locked with the even more familiar sight of sapphire eyes with deviousness churning like a whirlpool in them his stomach dropped.
And then the feeling of wrongness and doom washed over him like a flood when his eyes connected with the glaring lens of a camera phone.
--
“Ka-go-me…” Sesshomaru gritted out forcibly.
Kagome grinned cheekily at the perturbed growl that ruptured from her friend's throat. “That's my name… don't wear it out!” she said in a playful, sing-song voice.
Ignoring the severity of the situation at hand, she pressed some buttons on her cell and a thoughtful look crossed her face.
“Hmm, I think I like it… what do you think?” she asked, showing him a picture off her cell screen.
Sesshomaru's eyebrow ticked as he stared at the phone blankly.
It was the picture of him of course, making the most uncomfortable face of pure fear, desperation, and dismay he'd ever made in his life.
Not bothered by his lack of reaction Kagome shrugged turned the screen back to her as she gazed at the photo with slight satisfaction. “I don't know… I think I might put it as my wallpaper…” she trailed off purposely, forcing down a snicker.
The Inu-youkai's fingers twitched as he glared at the little phone. “Delete it. Now.” He demanded curtly.
Kagome just blinked slowly at him, her eyebrow raised as a lofty smile drifted on her face. “Now why would I do that?” she drawled out teasingly.
Sesshomaru scowled and quicker than a flash he snatched the phone and deleted the picture.
Well, he tried.
Once he selected delete, the message of `Photo Protected. Enter Code.'.
Golden eyes flashed furiously as he looked up to meet dancing blue eyes. “Oh, I didn't tell you? My phone automatically locks all pictures I take. Pretty nifty ain't it?” Kagome gave him a huge grin.
The grin was wiped off when she felt the spike of you-ki and saw the ominous acid green glow emitting from his finger tips. “Oi wait-!”
Her shouts were cut short as she watched her precious phone melt right in front of her. “I can't believe you just demolished my phone…” Her eyes were wide with incredulity.
Sesshomaru whipped the melted goop from his hand with a flick of the wrist, and smirked at the gape Kagome gave him.
Until the gape promptly turned into a sly smile. “Ano ne, at least I back up everything on my phone… including pics…” Wedged between the tips of her middle and index fingers of her other hand was a memory card.
She waved it in front of him.
Sesshomaru's eye twitched and he reached out to snatch that too, but Kagome wasn't dense.
She whipped it away from him right before he could grabbed it and quickly tucked it in one of the places he wouldn't- or maybe he would…?- dream to fish it out of.
Right inside her bra…
Sesshomaru's hand froze as he stared at her wide-eyed.
Silence ensued as they just stared at each other, not making a move.
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity long of an awkward minute, Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed and he pulled back his hand, straightening.
“You're unbelievable…” he muttered darkly, before turning on his heel and stalking away, slamming his locker close on the way.
Kagome stared after him in open astonishment and confusion. “Nan da …?”
What she did wasn't so bad to warrant that kind of reaction was it?
Kagome stepped forward and called him back. “Oi! Wait! Sesshomaru?! What the hell?!” She made a move to follow after him.
She would have if she didn't hear his voice cut through the air, sending everyone else in the hall to silence.
“Do. Not. Bother.”
Kagome blinked but stopped nonetheless, speechless as she watched him walk away.
Too shocked and caught up at Sesshomaru's exit, no one noticed a certain miko's eyes dimming slightly or how her feet dragged slightly when she walked to her locker to get her stuff and finally go to homeroom.
--
People cleared the way as Sesshomaru stormed through the hallway, the dark brooding look on his face warning enough for them to stay out of the way, lest they wanted to feel the tortured pain of acid on them…
His fists clenched and jaw set tight, Sesshomaru pointedly ignored those around him, even Onigumo who saw him and yelled out a greeting to him, waving him over.
Onigumo blinked slowly as he watched his best friend storm right past him as if he wasn't even there, letting his arm drop to his side. His eyes narrowed in confusion and slight annoyance. “The hell is up his ass…?”
Once he was out of sight, whispers of rumors traveled in the halls as they stared in the direction the pissed off Taiyoukai went.
Onigumo's eyes narrowed even more, this time in disgust at the rumors he heard.
Did you see that?”
Word is he got into a fight with his girlfriend, that Higurashi chick…”
“…They were going out…?”
Onigumo rolled his eyes at the stupidity of some of his `fellow' classmates.
Maybe he didn't want to `do it' with her…”
Maybe shedidn't want to `do it' with him…”
She probably told him she got knocked up or something, and now they're fighting about it.”
Iie, I think it was cause she was cheating on him. Who would blame her? He might be the best looking guy, but his people skills are just crap.”
Hai, I remember seeing that Naraku dude checking her out, maybe they hooked up?And did you see her this morning? I wouldn't mind getting some of that, and now that Sesshomaru is out of the picture…
Onigumo just snapped, and he slammed his fist into the locker, stunning the gossiping students into silence. He ignored the pain shooting through his knuckles. “You better shut your traps if you know what's good for you.” He snarled out fiercely, glaring at anyone who locked eyes with him.
He stepped forward threateningly. “And trust me… you don't want to see me get angry.” He growled out.
Onigumo stiffened as someone put their hand on his shoulder, and he whipped around, teeth bared. “Wha-?!” he froze and his mouth snapped shut when he came face to face with a wide-eyed Meitori who stumbled back in surprise.
He reached out and grabbed her upper arm to balance her. “Chikuso! Gomen Mei-chan! I didn't know it was you, really!” His face of genuine concern and worry was a total 180 compared to his previous one of `fuck with me and die',
Meitori's face of surprise relaxed as she gave him a smile. Faintly, she smelt the aroma of blood and her eyes trailed over to the hand on her arm and the smile faded a little. “It's fine, Gumo-kun.” She said softly, pausing slightly as her eyes flickered to him and back to his hand again. “You're bleeding…” she murmured.
Onigumo followed her gaze, blinking as he didn't realize he was hurt. He shrugged, giving a slightly cocky smile. “Didn't even feel a thing...”
Her lips quirked up again, and she shook her head softly. “It should still be cleaned and wrapped up…” Her hazel eyes searched into the crowd and she saw the apprehensive faces of the students.
Knowing what she had to do, Meitori rested a hand on the one on her arm, gently removing it off but not letting go. Giving the hand a squeeze, she pulled back and tugged him away from the crowd. “C'mon Onigumo… we better get to homeroom or we'll be late… we can ask the teacher for some gauze too…
Temporarily forgetting his previous situation, a cheesy grin spread out on his face as he let Meitori drag him away. “Fine, fine, fine… let's get this hell day over with…”
His reply was a light laugh.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Homeroom--
Eyebrows were raised and eyes narrowed in concern as a group of three watched their friend walk in homeroom with a blank look on her face.
They stared as she plopped down in her seat, dropping her bag with a loud `thud, noticeably missing her usual exuberance she usually retained.
Miroku was the one who spoke his concerns. “Is something the matter…?”
At first they thought she was just going to ignore them, but after some pause her head turned towards the houshi, her eyebrows furrowed as if she didn't know what was going on.
“I think Sesshomaru hates me…” Was all she said before turning back and looking forward blankly.
Kikyo, Sango, and Miroku shared a look, but didn't push her any further.
They doubt they could get any more from her anyhow.
--
Outwardly, Sesshomaru looked calm as he sat in his desk, still looking graceful as he sat slumped with his elbow propped on his desk, cradling the side of his face.
Inwardly, his mind was a madhouse
--
(You fucking baka! Why did you do that!?Why?!?She probably thinksyou hate her, and damn I don't blame her!!)
Mentally Sesshomaru clenched his jaw, restraining himself from taking any action of violence. #Do not dare blame this on me… if you did not make that obscene comment this would have never happened. `#
(Don't blame it on me either you prick! All I did was say something! I didn't think anything could faze the unfazable Lord Sesshomaru!) The mockery couldn't be mistaken from the tone of his beast's voice.
If you looked closely, Sesshomaru's left eye twitched ever so slightly. #That is not even a real word…#
(As if. I. Care!) his beast roared back.
Sesshomaru crossed his arm and scowled. #Well you should. How else should I react when I am less than half a foot away from a woman's breasts and hear you scream in my head `Oh! Oh! Afew inches more and score baby score!!'#his tone was as blunt as it was flat.
His beast only groaned in exasperation. (What?!It was the first time we've ever seen Kagome look like that. She looked sexy, and you knowit. Those perfect, round `ahem'besides,I've said worst thingsbefore and I've never got a reaction like that from you.)
#……………# Sesshomaru opened his notebook and started to jot something down.
(Did you hear me?!?)
Sesshomaru closed his notebook, and slipped it in his backpack, before settling in his seat to wait for the bell to ring.
(Oi!! You yarou!! Stop ignoring me this instant!! Ughh)
The corner of Sesshomaru's lips lifted ever so slightly.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--First period—
As soon as it was the last ten minutes of the period and class was done, Sesshomaru was pelted with questions.
“What happened this morning?”
Sesshomaru turned to see Kikyo staring at him coldly. Behind her, Kagome's head was bobbing slightly; dark blue wires ran up to her ears as she listened to music. He frowned. “I do not see why I have to answer your questions.”
Kikyo scowled. “Because it is rude not to. Now tell me.” Her tone was chilly and curt. Her gray eyes pinned him with a serious stare.
Sesshomaru turned his nose up into the air, “And the only reason I do not act rude to you now is because I actually respect you. You will do well not to lose that respect.”
Kikyo set her jaw. “Do I now?” she repeated.
Sesshomaru would have answered if his attention wasn't pulled to something else.
“Ano, Higurashi-san?”
Kikyo followed Sesshomaru's line of sight to see a guy standing in front of Kagome's desk.
Sesshomaru frowned at the boy.
Completely oblivious to the attention that was currently on her, Kagome cracked open an eye and pulled out an ear bud. “Unh?” she murmured.
Kagome looked over at the newcomer as he smiled at her. He wasn't completely unfortunate looking, with bright hazel eyes and fluffy brown hair. “You don't have a date to the festival Friday, do you?” he asked, hope in his voice.
Sesshomaru stiffened, already knowing what he wanted. Kikyo looked on curiously.
Kagome blinked, and answered before she realized her mistake. “Ano, actually iie, I don't have a date Friday. Why?”
Unfortunately for her, the room went quiet as she said that, so her words echoed into the room.
The brunette grinned at her. “Ano ne, would you like you go with me?”
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows, but shook her head. “Iie, arigatou though.” She declined politely.
The boy blinked at her, disbelief crossing his face as the grin faded. “Nani? Why?” he stuttered.
Kagome mentally sighed, but gave him an apologetic smile. “Ano ne, for one I don't even know you. Two, I'm not going to the festival.”
Sesshomaru's eyes drew together at the news. Wasn't she helping with the preparations for thing...? Why wouldn't she go?
Kikyo's eyes narrowed. “Kagome's going to the festival.” She told the boy matter-of-factly.
Hope flared in the boy again. “So does that mean you'll go with me?”
Kagome quickly tossed a glare at Kikyo. “Iie, because I'm not going at all.”
The boy looked confused. “But Kikyo-san just said-“
“It doesn't matter what Kikyo said, because I. Am not. Going.” She gritted out.
Kikyo stared at her. “Hai, you are.”
Kagome stared back. “Iie. I'm not.”
Kikyo's eyes flashed. “Hai you are.” She forced out slowly.
Kagome stared at her incredulously. “Iie, I'm not. Why would I go to a dance if I don't have a date?! You'll be with Inu-chan. Mei-chan most likely with Onigumo-kun if he gets the balls to ask, and Go-chan with Miro-kun since we told him to ask for the dare!”
Kikyo tilted her head. “So you'd go if you'd have a date.” She stated coyly.
Kagome threw her hands up. “Sure, I guess would!” she said loudly, giving up on the argument. There was no sense in it.
All of a sudden it was quiet again, and Kagome slowly lowered her arms. Kagome then looked around the room to see everyone staring at her and some guys smirking and grinning. “Oh fuck…” she muttered out as she realized just what she'd done.
As soon as she said that, whispers started to erupt from the other students.
Sesshomaru scowled at them, not liking the feeling that pooled at his stomach when he saw most of the guys staring after Kagome.
It wasn't jealousy was it?
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Third period; Music—
“Oh, my, Kami… ahhhahahhahhahha!!”
Kagome's eye twitched as she stared at Inuyasha while he doubled over in hysterics as soon as his eyes landed on her.
“Hahahhahhah, you hahah actually hahahahh look like haha an onna!! Hahahh, so weird!! Hahh!”
Kagome's eyes narrowed slowly. “Maybe cause I am an onna…” she said flatly, eyebrow ticking ever so slightly.
Inuyasha ignored her as he continued in his loud bout of hysterics. “Gah hahaha stomach hahahahh hurts so hahaha much hehehh.”
A crowd started to form around the two, and Kikyo looked uneasily between her cousin and boyfriend.
The cause of her uneasiness?
The look of irritation growing her cousin's face as her foot tapped impatiently.
It took five minutes for Kagome to finally snap and pretty much attack.
She leapt for Inuyasha, who remained oblivious until her felt a force bring him down, sending to the ground in a heap of silver hair and swirling amber eyes with just two bumps on the head a few minutes later.
Pushing herself up, Kagome dusted herself off before glaring down at Inuyasha. “I'm only going to warn you once. If you don't shut your stinkin' mouth I'm gonna make your southern bells ring with unimaginable pain. Got it?”
Instinct took over as Inuyasha curled into a protective ball and nodded his head. “G-got it.”
Kagome grinned cheerfully and bounded away to her seat.
--
--Later in class--
Kagome glared at the girl in front of her, flirting and twirling a strand of hair in her gaudy manicured nails as she let out a fake giggle.
This one was the fourth one only this period to have done this too!!
Done what you ask?
Ask Sesshomaru to the festival and dance.
It was just so annoying to watch them make absolute fools of themselves, parading around like common whores and just seeing them all over him in general made her want to puke.
And if she ever did, she knew just where to aim at…
Scoffing, Kagome rolled her eyes and looked away as she saw the girl arch her back provocatively, as if to shove the view of her most-likely push up water-bra clad breasts right into Sesshomaru's line of view.
If she watched anymore she would be scarred for life.
Apparently, the girl overheard the scoff, seeing as she was only a couple seats away - Kagome had made sure to put Inuyasha and Kikyo between them…
Did you say something?” the girl said nasally, glaring harshly at Kagome.
Kagome sat back into her seat lazily, and peered over at the other girl, who happened to be Yura. “Iie, actually, it was a scoff… I didn't actually say anything if you wanted to be technical”
Inuyasha - whose previous face was of one of a lifted nose in distaste and disgust—had to force down a snicker at that, instead biting his lips and letting out a muffled cough.
Kikyo however, hid a smile from behind her hand.
Yura sneered at her. “You just always have to be such a smartass don't you? Why don't you act normal for once?”
Kagome slowly raised an eyebrow at her. “Like you? Is that what you're saying?”
Yura smirked arrogantly. “That's right, you'd be much better off if you were like me. People would actually like you…”
Kagome's eyes narrowed, before she closed them and smiled. “Fine, excuse me for a moment… I'll be right back…” she drawled out languidly.
Kagome stood and walked over to Rin, who sat a bit away from them, before the younger of the two nodded with a grin and stood. They both headed towards Izayoi's office.
They rest of them all looked on in a mix of confusion and curiosity.
--
“Like, O-M-G Yura, like how's this?” `pop' Kagome smiled a flirty smile as she chewed a piece of bubble gum.
All of them looked in shock and appalled; save for Rin who was grinning cheekily.
Yura blinked before composing herself. She gave a smirk “It's a start…” she complimented, not even realizing Kagome was actually mocking her…
Kagome stood before them, wearing a smaller version of the school's uniform and looking similar to Yura. She sported a tight shirt that rode up and showed some stomach and a tiny skirt that only covered the cheeks of her butt.
All talk ceased in the room as wide eyes were turned at Kagome. It wasn't everyday that the girl who usually wore guys clothing was dressed up in a skimpy schoolgirl's uniform.
`Hot as fuck' ran through the minds of the male population currently occupying the room.
The guys that were in the room almost drooled as they basically eye-raped Kagome, their eyes roving up and down her figure shamelessly. The uniform left much for the imagination.
Kagome smirked. “A start eh? Well, I don't want to disappoint you…” Kagome linked her hands behind her back, standing innocently there with her back arched and breast propped up. “Ne guys, guess who I am…'Someone go out with me… please! I'm beggingyou…'” Kagome said mockingly before she let out a fake giggle, pouting.
Inuyasha only blinked once before he fell to the ground in a fit of laughter once again that day, tears falling from his eyes as he roared with laughs.
The class started up in a riot of snickers as they watched Kagome mock Yura.
Yura was turning red in the face as she realized it was all a ploy to embarrass her.
Wolf whistles coursed the room as guys stared on at Kagome.
Sesshomaru looked at them, and snorted in disgust.
The sound had Kagome snapping to him, and her whole demeanor changed. “Nani? Do you have something to say?” she said hotly, scowling.
Sesshomaru blinked, slightly caught off guard, before narrowing his eyes. “Hn.”
Kagome stared at him strangely before rolling her eyes. “That's all Mr. Big and Bad has to say? What a shocker.” Her voice was drenched with sarcasm.
Sesshomaru couldn't help the sneer cross his face. You look like a harlot.” There, he said it, plain and simple.
Stricken gasps echoed in the room, and Inuyasha froze in his laughter to stare at the two in astonishment.
Did his brother just…?
Yes… yes he did.
Kagome however was unaffected by it. Actually, she even rolled her eyes. “Sou ka? What was your first clue? The fact that I'm borderline mooning this entire class, or that I'm wearing a shirt that could be considered as an outfit on Playboy? She shook her head in amusement.
Sesshomaru just stood there, aloof. “For once, Nakasara is actually right…” and with one lingering gaze at Kagome, he turned on his heel and strode away.
Kagome gaped at him after him as he walked away, before anger started to fill her eyes and she began to mutter incoherent things under her breath.
Behind her, Yura stood there with a smug smile directed at Kagome; the fact the Sesshomaru said she was right wiping away all of her anger.
Sesshomaru saying someone was right, especially someone who he didn't like over someone he `supposedly' liked was a very big deal.
Hence the surprised looks radiating from the crowd behind them and the appalled looks on Kagome's and Sesshomaru's friends.
Souta took a step back, tugging on Kirara's hand. “C'mon Kira-chan… I don't wanna be anywhere near here when Nee-chan blows up… she's like a freakin' time bomb waiting to explode…”
Kirara's ruby eyes widened, but nodded readily. Souta was Kagome's Ototou—he knew best…
Inuyasha had a brisk look of fear on his face. He knew what Kagome was capable of-they all did. “Kuso…”
Behind him, Sango and Miroku nodded their agreement, too stunned to say anything. `We're dead…' they both thought simultaneously.
Kikyo only shook her head, already knowing how this was going to end…
Why was it that they felt the ominous feeling of an apocalypse coming?
One look at Kagome would tell them why…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Fourth Period--
Even though Kagome was obviously still in a bad mood as she walked out into the dojo with a frown plastered across her face, she couldn't help but give a small smile as one of her favorite teachers slipped an arm around her shoulders. “Konnichiwa Kaggie-chan!” he said jovially.
Ano sa…” Kagome murmured quietly as they walked together.
Touga blinked and peered down at her curiously. “What's got you down?” he squeezed her slightly in a comforting manner.
Kagome gave him a flat stare. She wasn't exactly down… she was downright pissed. It was like the calm before the storm. “Your son's an ass, and that's only sugar coating it. “She said bluntly.
Surprisingly, Touga was amused rather than offended. “Try living with him…” he joked, nudging her as he gave a cheeky grin.
A small grin broke out on her face. “Hah, now I know why Inuyasha fights with him so much.
A matching, yet fanged grin was her response and Kagome couldn't help but let out a loud laugh.
--
The bad idea about your sparring partner also being your friend?
The fact that some friends get into little arguments should be an obvious indicator, and that no matter what you do, the hostility, anger, sadness, or whatever else kind of emotion that happened to be spurred will be channeled into any kind of thing should also tip you off.
So if you have a squabble with said friend/sparring partner, you can be sure that sparring will definitely be an interesting experience.
--
“Otou-san, you cannot assume that I shall spar withher.” Sesshomaru spat with distaste.
Kagome happened to walk up to them at that exact moment, wearing a flat look. “Gee, don't I feel loved?” she muttered out, a hint of anger coating her voice.
Touga sniggered under his breath, but straightened up at his son's glare. He gave his son a stern look. “Gomen Sesshy-kun, but you two are the perfect pair, if I let you spar with anyone else there's a higher chance you might kill them on accident. That's an incident report I'm not jumping to fill out. And you know how much I hate paper work, they're so darn long.” Though his face was schooled into one of sympathy, his tone was amused, as well as his golden depth's called eyes.
Sesshomaru glared at his father a little longer, as if willing for him to change his mind. When there wasn't any indication of that happening, he gave a irritated sniff and turned on his heel to walk away. “Whatever, let us just get this over with…”
She shot him a deadpanned look. “Well don't sound so enthusiastic about it…” she drawled out sarcastically, crossing her arms but followed after him anyways.
Her answer was an indigent snort.
--
`clash'
`bang'
`clank'
`thunk'
Fifteen feet in between them, Sesshomaru and Kagome stared at each other carefully, panting heavily. Sweat rolled down both of their faces as the exertion weighed down at them.
It was only a minute until they were at it again.
They came at each other; jaw set, eyes narrowed, figures tensed, and swords upturned in the air ready to strike.
And strike they did.
Sesshomaru swept in gracefully, looking like a silver angel of death as he swung his sword down in an elegant arc as if it was his scythe.
Kagome parried it with her sword, and forced it to the side.
Unperturbed, Sesshomaru spun around to free his sword and attack her other side. He was relentless at his attacks, holding back nothing.
Kagome was the same, putting her all in this spare. Seeing what he was doing, she quickly maneuvered her sword to block it, continuing its arc so the sword was turned in a circle. She didn't have much time so it was all she could do, and the resulting block was weak against his strike. Her arms shook against the pressure as she tried to hold his sword back, her own pointed in angle to the floor as his pointed to the ceiling.
She breathed heavily against the exertion; she had to act quickly. She might rival Sesshomaru at swordplay, but Sesshomaru was bigger and a demon; overall he had the advantage in the strength department while hers was skill.
Gritting her teeth she made a split second decision. She slid her sword so that his blade met the hilt of hers, and weakened her stance. As the swords came down, she wrenched her sword around; throwing Sesshomaru's off where it would have cut her down if she didn't leap out of the way in time.
Now on equal ground, they went through the routine of attacking one another again and again.
Eventually the battle became more heated and heated, the attacks harsher and harsher. The sharp clanks of their sword rang in the dojo louder than anyone else's, causing other spars to pause to watch them warily.
Seeing them pause, Touga turned over curiously to see what was happening. His eyes narrowed but he didn't make a move to stop the pair just yet.
Sango and Inuyasha, who had been sparring with each other, shared an uneasy look.
The same went with Kikyo and Miroku, and Kikyo grew concerned for her cousin.
Grunts escaped the both of them with each collision, and they glared at the other, fiery sapphire and molten gold clashing, and some believed there to be sparks flying as their glares met…
And not the good kind of sparks either…
Their swings became wild and brash as their anger poured into their spar.
The angrier of the two also swung the sloppiest of attacks.
And right at this particular moment, Kagome was the angrier of the two…
Baring her teeth, Kagome swung at him hard, letting out a grunt for her efforts. The swing was predictable, brash, and uncoordinated.
Meaning what? It was easily deflectable.
Too bad Sesshomaru didn't exactly register that…
He came down on her harder than usual as an attempt to end this spar, but still expecting to feel the usual resistance she always gave when their swords struck.
He didn't…
Kagome's arms gave out against the intense pressure and she sucked in a deep breath as she saw the sword coming down on her. Somehow she just knew Sesshomaru wasn't going to pull back in time—the sword descent had yet to slow.
She tried to evade it, jumping back to get out of its path.
She was a second too late.
“Nuh-yahh!!” Kagome gasped out, wincing as pain pounded into her. Her jaw was clenched tightly and it took all her strength not to scream out.
The sword slashed down on her, delving a little deeper than shallow into her shoulder and dragging down and across her chest, making a diagonal, jagged line of red in its path.
Realizing what was happening Sesshomaru froze, and pulled back before anymore damage could be done. His eyes went wide, and concern came flooding in like tsunami. The sword slipped out of his hands and he stepped forward.
Touga's face twisted in fury at what had just occurred, and briskly strode over to the two.
Said two didn't notice the destruction approaching them.
Instead, when Kagome felt the cold burning metal of the sword leave her body her legs gave out and she crumpled to the ground, grasping at her chest. The wound wasn't life threatening, she could tell, but it didn't mean it didn't still hurt like- --fucking HELL!!— “Mother freaking kusoTakishi!! Watch where you freaking swing that thing!!” she spat angrily, glowering at him the best she could through the stinging pain that ran through her veins. Her jaws clenched as she shoved down the urge to let the tears pool in her eyes.
The concern faded completely and Sesshomaru stopped in his tracks, his eyes narrowing furiously as anger took over rationality. “Do not place the blame on me miko. If anyone is at fault, it is you for being so weak and careless. Any person with any kind of skill could have stepped out of the way and out of harm. It is common sense to get out of the path of an oncoming sword.” He hissed harshly, baring his own fangs out in a snarl.
Kagome sneered at him, and ignored the fact that blood was pouring from her chest. “So I'm ningen, sue me. Not everyone is as perfect as you Takishi. I apologize for not having the demonic speed and intellectual you possess, oh, great, master.” She bit out. “Anything else you'd like to add to my list of flaws?” she retorted with cutting sarcasm.
Sesshomaru however hn'ed. “You are also a snobby immature child who needs to grow up. You are a self-centered know it all whom believes herself as perfect as well, but I assume you know that already too, hm?” he said coldly.
Kagome glared frostily up at him, her eyes narrowing. Her chest heaved painfully but it was blissfully ignored by the adrenaline that pumped through her. “Is that so?”
“Indeed.” He bit out, staring down at her coolly.
Kagome clenched her bloody fists. “Then why even bother being my friend?” she retorted in a mixture of confusion, fury, and sadness, but mainly fury.
Her response was a mere snort. “Friend? Whoever said I was your friend? I merely tolerated you because I believed you to be better that that, but clearly I was mistaken.”
Kagome gritted her teeth as she stared at him. “Well, I guess you could say that works both ways then. I thought under that façade of ice there was an actual person… now I can see who you truly are, a frigid, selfish, arrogant prick who loves no one, cares for no one… but himself. She shook her head, obviously disgusted, and struggled to stand up shakily.
Unconsciously Sesshomaru went over to help her, the rational part of his mind remembering that she was injured.
Kagome gave him an impressive human version of a snarl and sent out a warning flare of purification that stopped him midstep. Kagome glared at him through hooded, blue-gray eyes of mixed fury, pain, and hurt, but mostly fury. She repeated the very words spat at her this morning. “Do. Not. Bother.” She turned on her heel to stalk out of the dojo.
Sesshomaru stared after her, astonished by her rant.
Was that really how she felt about him?
He didn't have long to dwell on that thought as he was struck in the gut, and Sesshomaru let out a cough as the wind was knocked out of him. Sesshomaru glared up at his attacker. “Otou…” he breathed out harshly.
Touga stared down at his son in calm fury. That `calmness' was greatly offset by what happened next. “What the HELL is wrong with you?!?” his baritone voice roared deeply through out the dojo, and even echoed slightly.
It made most of the students jump in fright… they've never seen the usual happy-go-lucky sensei lose his temper.
And from what they were witnessing at that moment, they could only think `Thank Kami…'
Sesshomaru bared his teeth at Touga. “What ever do you mean, Otou?” he gritted out.
Touga stared at him incredulously, before his fury came back with a vengeance. “I never thought you as reckless, pup. You should know you limits, or better yet Kagome's! Though she is a formidable opponent, she is only ningen and you are youkai! She could have been killed!!!” he bellowed at Sesshomaru.
Sesshomaru stared at his father indifferently. “You saw it with your own eyes Otou. She walked out of this dojo with her own two feet. She did not die, and it is also apparent that she was not seriously injured either.”
Touga gave his son a dangerous glare. “She was injured nonetheless you imbecile! She was bleeding! How can you be so sure of yourself that she has not collapsed right behind that door, and is now laying in a pool of her. Own. Blood?!” Other than his slight widening of a fraction of his eyes in panic, silence was his response. “Exactly!!” the older inu berated hotly. He closed his eyes in a futile attempt to calm down.
Touga's darkened golden orbs shot open to deliver a freezing glare. “Not yet she hasn't been seriously injured. But it's just a matter of time if you two do not fix this. Until then, do not dare to take a step into my dojo.
Sesshomaru's eyes widened minutely. “You are banning us?” he asked, his tone revealing his shock.
Touga glowered at him, giving him a serious look. “Did I stutter?” he drawled out darkly, before turning to stride to his office briskly.
Sesshomaru watched his father leave, his eyes glued in amazement.
He'd never got banned from the dojo… ever…
Eyes finally narrowing in quiet anger, Sesshomaru turned the other way and left the dojo silently.
No one was stupid enough to stare after him, and the door slammed to signal his departure.
As if that was a signal, whispers erupted like a forest fire.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Seventh Period--
Kikyo fidgeted nervously in her seat in 7th period.
Why?
It could be the fact that she hadn't seen Kagome since the dojo incident.
And frankly, she was worried shitless.
“I hope she's okay…” Kikyo whispered unconsciously, her tone a mix of concern and morose.
“Who?” a voice said in a whisper in front of her.
Kikyo's head snapped up to the voice to see Meitori gazing at her, head cocked and hazel eyes churning with concern. After the weekend she spent with the gang, she decided to start sitting next to them in the classes they actually had together.
Sneaking a glance at Sesshomaru to see him busy with some work, Kikyo decided it safe enough. “Kagome…”
No one noticed Sesshomaru's grip on his pencil tighten so much it cracked slightly.
Kikyo continued, oblivious to the youkai. “You heard about what happen in the dojo earlier. I haven't heard from Kagome since then, and she was injured so…” she trailed off, eyebrows knitting together as she worried.
Meitori laid a comforting hand on Kikyo's arm. “Ano ne, she's probably skipping school to take some time to calm a little. She's a miko, so her wounds should heal faster than normal. Most likely she just doesn't want to stick around because of obvious… reasons…” Meitori trailed off at a sudden sound that reached her ears.
`kla-crack'
Kikyo, Meitori, and Onigumo snapped around to stare at Sesshomaru. On his desk laid his poor pencil snapped in half.
Slowly, as if detecting their stares, his golden blocks of ice called eyes slowly trailed up to lock eyes with the three of them. He glared, baring his teeth slightly.
Gulping, the three whipped around in their desks and stared directly to the front of the room, their backs stiffened straight, not daring to chance a look behind.
They actually liked being alive. Becoming dead didn't exactly appealed to them at the moment…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Next Morning--
It was like a repeat of the previous day; people stared and Kagome scowled.
The differences were that Kagome was back in her regular clothes and was scowling for an entirely different reason than yesterday. In return, people didn't stare at her because she was hot- ok well, the guys were a completely different story as they were remembering her entrance to the school yesterday—but really, most were staring because of the pure rage she was exulting and the fact that she was limping slightly.
She was truly a maelstrom ready to strike, a tornado following its path of destruction. Anything in her way beware, because she wouldn't hesitate to kick their ass.
Of course, some were stupid enough to not realize the death intent rolling off her in waves, in spite of the fact if you looked closely her miko aura around her cackled because of her emotional haywire moment.
Those stupid people were basically any guy who saw her in her in the `girl' uniform, and mostly ningen with the occasional not-so-smart youkai.
--
By the time Kagome was making her way to her lockers, Inuyasha leaned against his leisurely, his eyes closed and arms crossed as he regarded his girlfriend. “Ne Kikyo-chan, do you think Kags is actually gonna come today?” he murmured gruffly.
Next to him Sesshomaru was rummaging through his own locker. At the mere mention of the miko his eyes flickered to his younger sibling ever so slightly before going back to his previous activities, a slight frown on his face.
He was wondering the same thing.
Silence was his response and he lazily cracked open an eye to peer at Kikyo. “Oi, Kikyo?” it wasn't until then that he heard the impatient tapping of feet and the stiff form of his girlfriend and he realized something was off.
The person on topic had arrived just on time to hear the hanyou's question. “Why don't you ask me yourself?” the voice was blunt, and although there was a bit an amusement coating her tone, there was a hint of anger as well.
Inuyasha froze and slowly opened his eyes fully before turning his head to the direction of the voice even slower.
Kagome stood before him, staring at him expectantly. Well… that answered that question…
Thankfully, Inuyasha knew that the anger wasn't directed at him…
More like the youkai that paused in his rummaging to tense slightly at the arrival of the miko. Turning his head, he drank in her image, now dressed normally. His eyes softened a bit, though no one noticed.
Rolling her eyes at Inuyasha's failure to respond, Kagome stepped forward to her locker, shoulders braced and tensed and trying to hide the slight limp the pain caused her.
Always one for observing even the tiniest of things, Sesshomaru noticed instantly and his jaw locked.
Kagome silently opened her locker to get some binders and to stuff her skateboard in as per usual. When she was done she shut the locker and looked over to her cousin and boyfriend.
She gave a tight smile and a nod of farewell. “I'll see you two in class later…” she muttered simply before she turned to walk away.
With the atmosphere so tense and awkward, Inuyasha and Kikyo could only nod dumbly before turning to Sesshomaru to see him watching Kagome leave with an unknown emotion churning in the depths of his eyes.
For the entire time the little miko didn't acknowledge him at all, nor did she spare him even a single glance.
It did not make him happy one little bit.
Kikyo stared after Kagome before glancing at Inuyasha. “She's hurting…” she murmured under her breath unhappily.
Inuyasha shrugged trying to act nonchalance, a little bit too keen to his brother's presence right next to him. “It's barely been a day since…” he trailed off. He didn't need to finish the sentence since they all knew what he was talking about.
Kikyo's eyes dropped to the ground and scowled slightly. “I didn't mean just physically… I meant emotionally too…” she spoke softly, before shaking her head lightly. “Let's get going to class…” she murmured, and grabbing his hand to hold in a rare show of affection.
As they left, Sesshomaru's fist could be seen clenched slightly, even though the rest of his body seemed relaxed and not the least bit fazed.
This needed to be amended, and soon…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Lunch--
Kagome dragged her feet as she headed over to the cafeteria, rubbing her temple out of habit whenever she was annoyed, frustrated, and overall exasperated.
In every class she already had at the least one guy asking her out to the dance and festival.
And every time she said no.
At the time she thought no meant no, but apparently that wasn't it.
From what she could tell, no actually meant. `Keep asking me and making a complete pathetic fool of yourself and maybe I'll say yes'.
And lets not forget that she had to endure sitting next to a mute Taiyoukai, who she was just positive was staring at her, if the burning sensation on the side of her head was any indication.
It didn't help that the burning gaze became brutal whenever a guy came around to ask her out, over, and over again…
Flashback—
Homeroom
Kagome sat at her desk in homeroom, her head buried in her arms in an attempt to catch some `z's before First period
Sadly the attempt was wasted.
“Oi sweetheart, got a date to the festival yet?”
Kagome twitched as she heard the muffled snickers from her left. -Oh my Kami…--Lifting up her head, she cracked an eye open and glared at thethirdimbecile who dared to interrupt her; the kid was decent to say the least, with floppy blue cat ears, blue medium-length messy hair, andemerald eyes, but sadly she was in a not-so-good mood…If I say hai,you'llgo away,right?”She was being a bitch, she knew it, but she wanted sleep dammit and she would get it one way or another.
Not bothering to look at the shocked face she knew was on the teen's face, she plopped back down to her enticingpillowcalled arms and snuggled into them with a contented sigh.
Kikyo, Sango, and Miroku stared at her in a mixtureof amusement and incredulity.
--
1stPeriod
“Ohayoubeautiful… how ya doing this fine morning?...”A deep voice broke into her thoughts as she tried to finish her workhistory work.
She was getting sick of this. Not breaking stride, she sparedthe kid a small glance before she continued to write as she spoke. “This is a fine morning? Gomen, I couldn't tell, I just saw your face.” She snarked, rolling her eyes.
Next to her, Sesshomaru growled silently, and turned to send a cutting glare at the boy.
Kagome's retort and the addition with Sesshomaru's glare sent the kid running without another peep.
Kikyo coughed slightly, a small amused smile on her face as she shook her head softly.
Her cousin was one of a kind alright. And Sesshomaru wasn't your run of the mill youkai either…
--
3rdperiod
It was like a damn routine, over and freaking over again they came. They were relentless in their attempts to take her out.
So she wears a damn skirt and now they're all chasing her like dogs with a piece of meat? Are they mental? Weren't there other females willing to have a date in this school or was it just her? And to make it clear, she was not willing to have a date.
It was thirdperiod when she finally snapped at the poor unsuspecting soul who dared asked her out once again.
“NeHigurashi-san, you never reallymade a clear answer about the festival… would you like to go with me-?”
All the while the teen was speaking, Kagome was twitching and two seats down from her Sesshomaru was scowling, his burning gaze boring into her. Finally the little string holding together what little sanity Kagome held snapped and all hell broke loose.
Jumping, she chucked the folder she previously held down to the ground and snarled at the boyquite impressively, ignoring the sharp pain in her chest at the sudden movement.“Iie means iieyou freaking baka! I would have thought this whole school would get the message by now that I'm not taking a date to the damn festival!! Why?! Because I just don't freaking feel like it! Is that clear?!”
Her chest was heaving heavily as everyone stared at Kagome as if she grew a second head. A tiny spark of fear ran through them as they witnessed Kagome in a fit of fury. “The next person who comes up to me and the words `festival' or `date' comes out of their trap, I will run a freakin' sword through your gut without a moments hesitation. Understand?!” she pinned a wild glare at every guy in the roomwho nodded without a second thought.
At this, Kagome gave a placid smile and sat down in her seat calmly, the epitome of serenity wile half the class stared at her in disbelief at the sudden mood change that occurred.
--End flashback
Kagome finally reached the cafeteria and made a beeline for the line. She ignored the looks that she got from most in the room, no doubt from her little explosion earlier.
Once she got her lunch- oden of course-, she begun to walk towards the exit, only shaking her head and shrugging when Kikyo gave her a strange look and motioned her over.
Her eyes told the story for her and Kikyo nodded in understanding.
She just wanted to be alone for now, a moments peace if you will. She made her way outside of the humongous school and picked a sakura tree with a generous amount of shade. After getting settled she pulled out her ipod and turned it on, and before you knew it she became lost in the recesses of her mind, unconsciously spooning the oden into her mouth as time passed.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
­­--Before 6th period--
Kagome's jaw clenched as she was pushed into a wall while she was making her way to Totosai's class, her eyes were clenched tightly. The wound on her chest throbbed painfully.
Kami, did this day just sucked.
She cracked open an eye to see her attacker and she groaned. -This day just keeps on getting better and better…-- she thought sarcastically.
“You've got to be kidding me…” Kagome's tone was exasperated.
Glaring at her with vehement ruby eyes was none other than…
Kagura…
Said person scowled not so prettily. “Unh, it's me ama. I'm here to make you pay.” Her voice was filled with pent up anger and vengeance as she glared at the blue-eyed teen.
Kagome blinked slowly, the sentence registering in her mind. Seriously?
“For what?” Kagome said incredulously, and somewhat impatiently. If this was gonna be some petty argument, it could wait till later. Unless, if it turned out to be an all out fight…
Well, that was a different matter altogether, she wouldn't mind having a go at the snobby demoness, but only for a good reason though. Contrary to popular belief, Kagome didn't fight just for the hell of it.
But a fight between herself and Kagura might turn out to be a wonderful stress reliever for all she knew…
Kagura's eyes narrowed dangerously. “For what?!?” she repeated in a high pitched screech, disbelief coating her voice at the fact Kagome didn't know what she done `wrong'.
Kagome winced at the volume, but nodded anyways.
Ok, sure… so she called her out and embarrassed her on the first day of school. So what?
She really needed to resort to physical violence because of a petty thing like that? If everyone did that, she'd never get a break.
Kagura's voice cut into her thoughts. “Because you stole Sesshy-kun from me you whore!!” it was a half whine, half scream.
Kagome's mind went to a halt.
Nan da…?!
That's what this is about…?
Kagome couldn't help the loud laugh that just escaped her. She really couldn't…
“Ahahhahhahahhah!!” Tears started to build up in the corners of her eyes.
Kagura growled under her breath, and slammed Kagome into the wall in rage. “Urusai you slut!”
Kagome sobered quickly at the name, and her eyes narrowed into slits. The day was getting to her, and she was tired of the shit being thrown her way and being pushed around. She was done with it and the pain in her chest only helped to irritate her more. “Number one, I suggest you look in the mirror before you go off calling people whores and sluts hun, cause you're borderline prostitute. “ The miko offered a mocking smile to the Kaze manipulator.
Kagura's face twisted in fury and opened her mouth to retort, but Kagome was yet to be finished.
“Number two… I didn't steal anyone. Just because Sesshomaru won't even touch your possibly and most likely STD ridden self with a ten foot pole, doesn't automatically make it my fault…” Her mocking smile turned into an equal one of fake sympathy.
She ignored the slight pain as the Kaze witch's nail pierced the skin on her shoulders.
“And number three You are a crazy ama, plain and simple… damn I think you're just as crazy as that sick fuck Naraku…” she retorted as if it was nothing, shaking her head in pity.
Kagura twitched. “Are you finished?” she said shortly.
Kagome had a thoughtful face. “Hmm I don't know… lemme think, I'm sure I can come up with something else…” her voice was actually sincere as she said that.
Kagome's eyes lit up. “Ne Kagura, how was your Saturday night last week?” she asked, with a smirk. “Anything interesting happen?” she began to snicker gleefully.
Kagura's blood-red eyes widened in morbid horror, before the narrowed furiously and she bared her fangs and removed one of her hands to pull it back.
Still deep in thought, actually trying to think of another jab and still snickering, Kagome didn't really notice.
Smirking, Kagura swung her hand down, hard.
`SMACK'
Kagura cackled in glee at what she had just done. “How'd you like that, ama?”
Kagome's head whipped to the side, and her face went blank.
At first, nothing happened. Then slowly, the miko's head turned back, and her eyes narrowed darkly at the other girl.
Kagome became a ticking time bomb waiting to go off as her anger fueled her miko ki, letting it rise.
Goosebumps spread out on Kagura as she felt fear building up in her stomach. And suddenly, her mind registered the pain as the hand still in contact with Kagome started to smoke.
Squeaking, Kagura leapt back from Kagome, cradling her hand against her chest protectively.
Kagome smiled innocently at her. “How'd you like that, ama?” She mocked darkly. Her smiled turned to a devilish smirk.
Kagura stared at her with disbelief. “You could have killed me you psycho!!”
I thought you wanted to play…?” Kagome stalked towards her and pulled back her own fist. She was about to swing when a clawed hand caught her fist.
A deep voice cut through the air. “Fighting when you have just returned from suspension is not such a bright idea.”
Kagome's head snapped to the side, and her eyes narrowed before scoffing. She snatched her wrist back. “Piss off Takishi and stay outta my business.” She snarled.
Sesshomaru stared at her, his amber depths swirling as he gazed silently at her. “Are you well?” he muttered quietly, not only meaning from what just happened earlier, but from yesterday as well.
“What's it to you?” she retorted instantly.
Kagome then stared back once she registered what he just said, surprised at the question and slightly mesmerized at the heated gaze turned her way, and the fact that there was concern in them threw her off. And what else was that in his eyes…
Sorrow…? And regret…?
It was as if time stood still as a message was conveyed between the two, but soon Kagome shook her head furiously to shake herself out of it. She pinned a half-hearted glare on the male youkai. “I thought I said not to bother.” She snapped weakly, still affected by what she saw. “So don't.” she added for good measure.
“Kagome, wait-“ Sesshomaru reached out slightly, but pulled back just as suddenly.
She ran a searching gaze over him, an indecisive look in her eyes. “Why? We're not friends, remember?” she bit out shortly.
He could have protested, could have rebuked her statement but Sesshomaru stayed silent, not making any move or indication to speak or to do something. For once, he was at a loss at what to do.
Kagome let out a sharp breath and closed her eyes for a moment before she turned around sharply.
Sesshomaru stared after her as she stomped away angrily. His face held no emotion but his eyes told a different story. A mixture of sadness, exasperation, and frustration could be discerned if one searched deep enough.
“Oh, arigatou Sesshy-kun for saving me from that crazy ama!” Kagura gushed shamelessly as she latched onto Sesshomaru's arm.
His eyes bled red and he shoved her off him. Growling, he spoke. “Dare to touch my person again, and you shall not live to regret it.” His voice was curt and authoritative.
Kagura pouted as Sesshomaru strode in the opposite way Kagome went.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--6th period
All during the class, Kagome ignored the world around her. She was still stuck on what happened earlier…
Was she mistaken with what she saw…?
Did she really see regret in those golden hues of his? And sadness? And not to mention concern?
What was with that? Didn't he say she wasn't a friend to him?
But earlier, it seemed like he wanted to say something, to get something out, but he didn't-couldn't?
But either way, she wouldn't know for sure.
But what she did know was that Sesshomaru wasn't someone of many words; hell, you'd be lucky if he even spoke to rather than just stare down silently.
And now?
Maybe this whole ordeal was just some big overreaction after another.
She couldn't even claim to be that angry anymore… the look in his eyes just melted most of it away and made her rethink things… made her ask herself some questions.
For example, why were they even fighting in the first place?
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--7th period--
“I deleted the picture…” Kagome mumbled quietly, her words slightly muffled as she buried her face onto the crook of her arms.
She'd reached a decision. Was she really going to let some little photo ruin their friendship and destroy everything they did?
No, and even if she wasn't at total fault, she'll make this right.
It was worth it…
Next to her, Sesshomaru froze at the sound of her voice, slightly stunned-but not showing it of course-at the fact that she was speaking to him without the usual edge of hostility.
And then the comment finally registered in his mind, and he turned to her in very well hidden disbelief.
She did nothing wrong, and yet she's attempting to fix it? After everything that happened yesterday?
“You didn't have to…” Sesshomaru muttered softly, staring ahead. It wasn't even why he was angry at her. And now, it seemed like such a petty reason to have a big argument about.
“Didn't I?” Kagome lifted her head and peered at him curiously.
Sesshomaru didn't say anything at first, gazing at her curiously, searchingly. As if trying to believe she was actually doing this. He turned his head away, staring ahead again and not looking at her as he opened his mouth. “My actions yesterday morning… and in the afternoon…” pausing, he tried to find the right wording. “I'm… I didn't mean to…” he trailed off, his forehead crinkling in slight confusion.
Kagome smiled softly, understanding what he was trying to do. “It's ok…” She got the feeling that he wasn't one to say sorry very often, if not at all. “No hard feelings…” she clarified cheerfully.
Sesshomaru's head turned, and he gave her a ghost of a smile.
Kagome however gave him a pointed look. “You still owe me a phone though…” she muttered.
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes amusement and shook his head softly, chuckling silently. “Hn…”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Day Before the Festival--
Kagome stood on a high stack of chairs, feet spread out to keep her balance. Her hand shielded her eyes from the blinding sun rays as she squinted, keeping an eye on the preparations for the festival.
A thoughtful look was etched out on her face and she scowled suddenly. She brought up a speakerphone she lifted from her uncle's office. “Oi! Whaddya think you're doing?!? That goes over there, baka!!” she wildly waved an arm to the right.
The person she yelled at twitched and dropped the box of supplies for a Halloween booth to flick her off properly. “Oh urusai wench!! Why don't you stop mouthing off orders and actually do something to help?!” A heated glare was sent her way.
Kagome smirked. “Well Inuyasha, I am helping. I'm `supervising' and `organizing', so get off your lazy ass and get to work!!”
Inuyasha growled loudly, a warning sound. “Why I oughta-!”
He was interrupted by Kagome who whipped out a… photo? “Oh, I wonder what this is… oh lookie here! A photo of Inuyasha sleeping with a—gasp!, is that a teddy be-“
“Alright! Alright!! I'm fucking goin' already!!” Inuyasha said in a rush, his face an unnatural shade of pale and even sweating slightly. “And that's not even me!!” he shouted off before picking up the box he dropped hurriedly.
Kagome smirked evilly. “Maybe… but people won't know that when it's being passed around school…” she trailed of coyly.
Her answer was a simple and gruff “Feh!... Fuckin' ama…”
But she'd let that one slide this time.
Kagome looked down at the photo in her grasp, and snickered as her eyes landed on the sight of Inuyasha in his bed, clutching at a cute whittle teddy bear as he sucked his thumb and slumbered peacefully.
--Ahh… the pleasures of Photoshop…--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Words- 13,307
Vocab:
Ama-bitch
Taijiya- demon slayer
Houshi- monk
Miko- priestess
Oi - hey
Youkai - a demon, literally translates as a “spirit”, can be used as plural
Iie - no
Chikuso - 'Damn it!', 'Shit!', 'Son of a bitch!'
Hai - yes
Ohayo - good morning
Ano sa - a form of `hey'
Kuso - damn it
Nani? - what?
Urusai - shut up
Yarou - asshole
Ningen - human(s)
Ano ne - `well' or `um'
Ne - yet another form of `hey'
Yameru - stop
Sou ka? - Really?
Nan da - What the…
Onna- woman
Konnchiwa - hello / good day.
Arigatou (gozaimasu) - thank you (very much)
Unh (intonation going up) - yeah, yes; younger people uses this a lot, both women and men. Ara? - an expression of surprise; "huh?"; mostly used by women.
Hello everyone!! ^^
Sorrry for the long wait, once again… `sweatdrop' school is murder, literally.
Sooo, how was it?
Well, next chapter is the long awaited Halloween festival/dance. I've actually got many parts of it written out, they just have to be connected and filled in. But don't expect another update so soon though, I've got other fics to work on mind you.
I'm gonna try to get it out before Halloween actually comes though, so maybe there will be an update before the 31st… we'll see.
Also, I posted up some more drawings that are a lot better than my last ones… and I mean a LOT better hahah. They're remakes of the old ones, but these are just sketches. Check `em out at http://rainlily13.deviantart.com/just remove the space!
Remember to review!! It helps the muse!!
RainLily^^
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Review Replies—
A BIG Special THANKS to:
 
Sclarinet lover- ^^ Thankss!! I loved the truth and dare part, I came up with most of them, but I had to look up Meitori's heheh. My personal favorite was Inu's heheh. Thanks again for the review!!
 
Sesshyalltheway- hahah thanks!! ^^ That's awesome of you to say!! XD
 
Volleygirl07- Lol thanks!! Heheh, You know, I really wanted to have Onigumo do Sesshy's dare and play dress up with Kikyo or try out for the cheerleading squad, but I figured the one with Kagura would be the best lol.
 
Anime4mealways- Lmao!! Thank you soo much!! Hehe, oh wow I freakin' love Train!! He's so damn adorable!! Lol. Thanks again!! ^^
 
Alucard-Itachi- Hahah, I always thought Naraku was a creeper ^^ Thanks!!