InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis
also edited by Jon04CTSV
XxXx
Chapter Seven
I've decided to ignore him; it's the best solution I can come up with.
I don't want to see him, and I doubt he wants to see me again, so, in desperation, I've decided to pretend I'm not seeing him right now.
Right.
So, he'snot standing there with his golden eyes staring into mine at this very second—he's so not, with a strange look across the near albino-white plains of his face.
…I'm doomed.
Instead of acknowledging him I bow my head, and leave the restaurant before he can say anything. I still have resumes I have to hand out to other places before I go home; I need to do this quickly before Koji suspects something.
As I push the doors open, I step out into the bright sunshine of the afternoon. My feet make quick paces as I make my way to the next store or restaurant.
I can hear the light pinging of the bell nearby me, signaling that someone else had also left Wilamina's. I'm not sure why I'm avoiding Sesshoumaru, but being near him is giving me a strange, unknown feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I don't want to find out what it is.
Entering the music store which is next door, I take a deep breath to steady myself. I'm about to approach the desk when a voice from behind me calls out Hey.”
Drat.
I turn around, and give him a shaky smile, but don't say anything.
For a moment, we're left to stare at one another in a slightly uncomfortable silence. However, the emptiness between is doesn't last long, because we're almost immediately interrupted by a saleswoman.
Hello guys, and welcome! My name is Sheryl; is there anything I can help you with? Her smile was overly bright and made me feel sick to my stomach, but I swallowed the feeling.
I was wondering if you were accepting resumes…” I started, but then realized how weak I sounded. If I want to work somewhere, I have to be more forward than that!
Pulling a resume out from underneath my shirt, I watched as she gave me a look that clearly said `What the hell?'
I nearly blushed, but I somehow managed to keep it down.
I'd like to work here, if there are any open positions, I find myself saying, and feel much better all of a sudden.
Sorry, we're not hiring right now, she replied, looking coldly at me. Perhaps we will in a couple months, during the busy Christmas season. If you give me your resume I'll file it, and we might get back to you when we need people to hire. Although Sheryl's words were professional, her tone was cold and dispassionate.
Basically, she hated me.
Thank you, I mumble politely before exiting the store again.
Looking for a job was much harder than it looked, but its even worse when you've got someone like Sesshoumaru trailing behind you.
Hey? he said to me again, and I stopped as I left the music store.
I looked over at him and nodded my head, sighing. It looks like he's going to be following me for the next little while
After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, he spoke to me.
What are you doing? Handing out resumes?
I nodded my head again, feeling a bit like a toy; constantly repeating movements over and over.
Yeah, I'm looking for a job, I mumbled.
He looked at me strangely, a look of confusion clearly on his face.
Why are you hiding papers under your shirt? I don't understand…”
This is when I begin to explain that my brother doesn't want me to work, but I'm looking for work behind Koji's back, handing out resumes to places which may or may not be hiring.
Oh, right. WellI'm sure you'll find the job you're looking for, he said to me awkwardly.
I'm sure I will.
Another stretch of silence reigned over us, and I felt uncomfortable as I walked into the next store. It happened to be a grocery store, and silently, a part of me wished I'd lose him in one of the aisles.
Not likely.
Once I spot a man behind the customer service desk, I begin to rush over to him before someone else can ask him a question.
Hello, my name is Rin, and I'm looking for a job here if there are any available positions…”
Great, I'm the manager here of this location, and we're actually hiring right now! Do you have a resume for us?
For the third time today I pulled out a resume from underneath my shirt, and once again I was given a strange look. He then produced an application form for me to fill out, and I stood, patiently filling out the annoying questions with the pen given to me.
Sesshoumaru stood back a small distance from me, and waited.
So, her name is Rinright, Iknew that
...Okay, so maybe Ididn't.But her name doesring a bell
No, it doesn't. God, Ican't even lie to myself.
After I gave him the filled application, he smiled at me, and said he'd get back to me soon. I feel good, finally having found a place that is hiring. Maybe I'll be able to get the job—I just hope that Koji doesn't find out
I left the grocery store, and sat on the bench nearby the door's entrance. I wiped the sheen of sweat on my brow, and sighed.
Now what do I do?
Did you read over the Music assignment due in October? I blurted this out, not knowing how else to start a conversation. As you should know by now, I'm not the chatty type.
“Music assignment?”
For a moment, I thought he was fooling me, but when I saw that he closed his eyes as he thought, I sighed.
Yeah, the one with making up a rhythm of eight bars…”
His eyes peeked open, and stared into mine. Umm, yeahwhat about it?” -Liar.
Wellwe're partners for it and alldon't you think we should start working on some of it? This must be a big assignment if she's giving us almost a month to complete it…”
I could see him contemplating this, and I was glad that he was listening. Many of my previous homework assignment partners had beenlets just say, uncooperative.
No, was his stoic reply.
Well, so much for previouspartners being uncooperative
Did you have plans today? I understand if you do…”
Nope, no plans; I just don't feel like working on it.
“…Oh.
This left them in yet another silence, to which Rin wanted to growl.
Well fine, I'm going home now. See you later.
Before I left, I whispered a quiet Thank you in the wind.
Walking off in the direction of my house, I was surprised when he didn't pursue me, or call my name, but I ignored those thoughts. But then again, since when is Sesshoumaru like the typical type of male? Even if I haven't known him for long, I know he's different from everyone else—as cliché as that might sound.
Instead of thinking about Sesshoumaru, I begin to devise lies to tell Koji, which will tell him where I've been for the past hour
XxXx
Well, I'm an idiot. I was clearly invited to do the homework assignment with Rin—right, that's her name,—but then I had to go and be my original smartass self, and decline. I could have spent more time with her, and I fucked it up. Not only that, but I could've gotten a good portion of this annoying assignment out of my ass.
Way to go.
Something confuses me, though; when she thanked me, did she mean for earlier—from the fight,—or was it for something else? Maybe she was being rhetorical, as in, thank you for nothing?
God, maybe I'm over-analyzing—I'm such a loser.
Wait, no I'm not; I'm the cool, calm and collected jackass with the expensive cars and cheap girls drooling all over me
goodie.
As she disappeared, I stayed in place, not moving. I watched her walk away, not turning back to look at me.
I feel weird; girls never walk away from me. In fact, half the time I can't get them off my back—this just goes to show how different she is from everyone else. I know, cliché—and so it may be, but that's who and what she is.
So why am I treating her like dirt, when she doesn't deserve it?
I find myself giving up on my internal questions, and instead decide to call up Inuyasha and the others to see what they're doing.
How is Kouga?
There was laughter on the other end from Inuyasha and Shippo, but I swear I can hear someone growling
He'srecovering, I guess you could say, Inuyasha replied, snickering.
That's too bad—tell him I hate his guts, and if he gets in my face he'll get an even worse pounding.
More growling ensued once Inuyasha passed on the message, and I couldn't help but have a smirk befall my face.
Where are you guys right now?
We didn't leave the arcade, but we're probably going out for some food. Want to join us?
Mentally, I rolled my eyes, and wanted to shoot him. Didn't he listen to a word I just said?
Obviously not, I was just curious.
There was a pause on the other line before his half-brother replied. “Okay, wellKouga didn't really do anything wrong, so I don't see why you guys were fighting in the first place…”
I had to resist the strong urge to pound my head against the nearest wall. If I didn't do something, Rin would have probably been dragged out of the arcade, unwillingly, with that idiotic, filthy
“…Sesshoumaru?
I sighed.
What?
We're leaving now, I'll talk to you later.
Yeah…” I hung up before he did, and began the walk back to my car.
It was only now that I realize that I haven't eaten yet—which was the original reason why I left my god damned house.
Damn her, but most of all damn stupid Kouga.
Now, fuck thinking about those two—its time I spent some time giving attention to my stomach.
XxXx
Author's Note
Angel: It's been ages, hasn't it? Did you think I'd give up? Did you?
Jonathan: No, but I bet they're currently thinking I wish she'd be quiet…”
Angel: I'm ignoring your previous comment. All I can say is that the past few weeks were spent on final exams and assignments worth ranging thirty to forty percent of my final mark. They're all done now, though! Even if I might go to summer school, it won't be as intense as this semester was.
Jonathan: Okay, no one cares; all they want to know is if postings will be regular again
Angel: You're begging to be kicked, you know that?
Jonathan: I'll be quiet.
Angel: Also, thanks so much for all the reviews! I was so excited when I saw them! At one point, I was really depressed, and didn't want to write for this story anymore (school was seriously stressing me out), but seeing your reviews made me feel inspirational, and want to write chapter seven. Thank you so much, everyone!
Angel: I'm also sorry about the really, really crappy chapter (this chapter). I think it's awful, but it's the best I could come up with. I've also had serious writer's block for the past few weeks, so
Jonathan: No problem—we'll work together on the next chapter, and hopefully it'll go along much smoother.
Angel: I like that suggestion, Jonathan! Anyway, I hope at least some people found humour, interest, or something other than disgust in this chapterI really did tryPlease review and let me know—and be honest; brutally, if you must.
Until chapter eight!
Sincerely,
-DarkCrystalis
And
-Jonathan