InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Antagonists Unite ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antagonists Unite
By: DarkCrystalis
also edited by Jon04CTSV
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Due to popular request, I will now put in character “Point-Of-View” notes so people know who is talking in what sections of this story.
XxXx
Chapter Nine
The Day of the Dance
Rin's POV
It's been almost two weeks since the announcement of the dance ticket sales, and slowly, we're nearing the end of October, which is when the Music assignment is due. Surprisingly, me and Sesshoumaru have been working on it together in class, and actually making progress—but who cares about the assignment? The dance is tonight, at seven! I'm really excited—I'm looking forward to hanging out with Kagome, Sango, and Ayame!
Did I tell you that Inuyasha asked Kagome to the dance? Isn't that the weirdest thing? He barely even knows her, but she's been crushing on him since the first day of classes in grade nine. They didn't start talking until the beginning of this year, but for her to be asked out by her crush for two or so years was so cool! I'm really happy for her and all—I hope they'll start dating afterwards, although Inuyasha can be arrogant and cocky sometimes, from what I've gathered about him.
He used to date that Kikyou girl—the one that went to the movie theatre when I went with my friends— I'd say he made a bad judgment call by doing that, but we all know he got over her. Anyway, something tells me that Kagome loves his personality—even when he's over-the-top,—which is probably a reason why she's attracted to him in the first place.
A part of me wishes I could be her—no, not to date Inuyasha,—but to be able to have a crush on a guy and then be asked out by him a long time later. It's sort of like being hopeful for something for a really long time, and then one day your wish comes true. I know that didn't make much sense, so think of it this way: a small child wishes for a fire truck for Christmas in September, and then gets it a few months later on Christmas day. I want to know what it feels like; to like someone for so long, and think that all hope is lost, but then, seconds before I lose all belief in my happiness, I'd get asked out to a dance.
Maybe I am a typical girl after all, but everyone has wants—mine are just a little more unoriginal than others. A small, teensy, weensy part of me wishes that Sesshoumaru will ask me out to the dance, but I know he won't. Why would he ask out a shy, quiet, and boring girl like me when he has piles and piles of girls fawn over him?
I feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment with my lack of likable qualities, and stop my thoughts. Pulling out the neon orange coloured ticket from my pocket; I look at it, and re-read it for the millionth time.
DANCE, DANCE, DANCE! ($5.00)
September 22nd
Bring your friends, boyfriends, or girlfriends to enjoy the hip hop, techno, RnB and other music genres—the fun starts at 7pm sharp and goes until 11pm, so don't be late!
Refreshments and snacks can be bought (not provided free of charge)—$1 for chips, or $1 for drinks! (Fruit punch juice will be free of charge)
See you there!
Boyfriends, huh? I wish I had a date…
Shaking my head, I sighed lightly. I need to stop thinking like this—I don't need a stupid date, anyway; boys are just troublesome.
I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my brother knocks on my bedroom door, waiting for me to respond.
“Come in, Koji!”
“You're going to that dance thing tonight, right?”
“Yeah, how come?”
“Uh, do you need a ride, or something?”
I began to contemplate this, but decided that I'd be just fine walking home. I don't live far from the school, and I can probably get a ride from Kagome, or something.
He smiled at me, and then began to admire my outfit. I actually put some effort into how I look today; I wanted to stand out a little for the dance, for some odd reason…I was glad that he approved of my clothing choice, even if he didn't outright say it.
“No, I think I'll be okay. The dance ends at eleven, so I'll be home before eleven thirty for sure.”
Koji nodded his head, and then turned to leave, but then spun around at the last second, and ran over to me. Hugging me, he whispered in my ear, “Be careful,” before disappearing from my sight.
I wondered why he was being so emotional all of a sudden, but decided not to question it. He's my brother, and my sole protector; he has every right to worry for my safety.
XxXx
At 6:00PM, The Day of the Dance in the Taishou Manor
Sesshoumaru's POV
Sighing, I have a feeling that I won't be looking forward to tonight; I have to start getting ready for the retarded school dance. I've been to some of the other ones, and they were all pretty crappy. The only reason I'm going is `cuz all my buddies will be there, and it'll be nice to see them—we haven't really hung out much lately. Besides, it's not like there's anything to do at home, but part of me keeps saying there's an explanation for my attending the dance tonight.
After showering, I shrug my shoulders and throw on a pair of designer dark blue jeans, and match it with a white, short sleeve button up shirt. These cost me more than a minimum wage full-time worker's monthly pay cheque, you know—not including the pristine white DC SHOE CO USA shoes and Calvin Klein boxers, I might add.
Once my hair is blow dried, brushed and nearly glistening, I walk out of my bedroom and downstairs.
“I'm taking the S2K, dad,” I call over my shoulder as the keys jingle before I put them in my pocket. “I'll be home at a reasonable hour—before twelve, I imagine.”
He doesn't verbally reply; instead, I watch him wave his hand in my general direction, not bothering to look my way.
Then, I leave my house, sliding into the leather seats of my custom coloured S2000. Inside the car, the original engine has been ripped out and replaced with a LS6, making the car purr deeply. With other major modifications done, such as a centrifugal supercharger, wet nitrous oxide system, full cat-back exhaust, ported heads, forged internals, and extensive dyno tuning, the Asian car was anything but a ricer-type of vehicle; it was a mean racing machine, hence the license plate “1 MEAN S2K”.
There were outer modifications done to the car as well, including eighteen inch rims powder coated a `gun metal' colour, darkly tinted windows, and the custom coloured yellow and black outside, making the car sexy, sleek and powerful.
As he roared down the driveway, he grinned—he knew, without a doubt, that he had the sweetest ride in school. He was Sesshoumaru Taishou after all—he always had to have the best of everything.
XxXx
7:00PM At the Dance…

Rin's POV
Sweaty palmed, head pounding, heart racing, knees shaking, hands twitching, ears roaring, I finally made my way into the neon-lighted, music blasted, person packed dance room of our high school. I've been waiting for this day all week, but now that it's finally here, a part of me wants to turn around and run away in fright. I'm not a social person, I don't get along well with others, and I certainly don't dance—but then again, my friends, Kagome, Ayame, and Sango will be here, so that's something to look forward to.
Only a few seconds after I entered the decorated gymnasium, I was practically thrown around left and right from the crowd which surrounded the dance floor. I tried really hard to call out my friends' names, but it was nearly impossible to hear anything at all with the music blasting loudly from the speakers near the end of the gym.
The walls were covered in neon lights which swirled in random shapes here and there, none of the lights stopping in one place long enough for me to figure out what the figures were. Near the end of the gym were the huge speakers stacked on top of one another as a single DJ was busying away, grabbing CDs and organizing the order of songs which would be played some time later tonight. Occasionally, he'd yell through the wireless mic about free gift giveaways to the “best dancer”, or other dancers/people, in attempts to get everyone who was sitting on the sidelines on the dance floor.
I watched in amusement as I saw Kagome dance with Inuyasha in a far away corner, Sango and Miroku dancing close by. I saw Ayame talking to Kouga as they sat on the sideline benches which surprised and angered me a little all at the same time, but at least he wouldn't be bothering me anymore if he had his sights set on someone else.
Shippo, the class clown of all the grade eleven students was dancing with a girl I couldn't recognize, but I felt happy for him—he was a sweet guy from what I knew about him, and I think he deserves a nice girl who can appreciate him.
However, I can't help but feel a little bummed out—where's Sesshoumaru? I don't want to bother my friends when they're busy with their dates, and I'd feel a bit like a third wheel if I just waltzed in there and began talking to them…
Maybe Sesshoumaru has a date as well? Nah, that's not possible. According to his previous statements, no one is good enough to go out with him. Hm, so where is…
Dressed in his white shirt and baggy jeans, he walked in minutes late, uncaring of the strict time guidelines. None of the bodyguards—there for the protection of the students—at the front of the dance room dared to block his entrance, for they knew the possible consequences if they did.
Our eyes met across the dance floor, and he hungrily took in my body while I stared back, suddenly feeling bold and far from shy. However, the second I realized what I was doing, I quickly looked away and backed off to the refreshments. Fruit punch was the main beverage, along with cans of soda and water in huge crates off to the side.
“The juice is free, but the cans of soda and bottles of water are a dollar each,” a student announced with a name badge “Ray”. Underneath his name, in smaller letters, it read “Student Council” in bold type.
I felt a little stupid, forgetting to bring my money. All I brought was my dance entrance ticket, which I handed to the people at the door and received, in exchange, a stamp on my left wrist. Biting my lower lip, I realized that juice was my only option, even if I didn't trust it—after all, I'm pretty thirsty. So, unhappily, I grabbed myself a cup of juice and prepared to drink it, but am stopped a second before the liquid touches my parched mouth.
“Do you have any idea what contaminants might be in this cup of juice? You weren't even here when they made it—maybe someone spit in it earlier tonight for all you know,” Sesshoumaru stated matter-of-factly, tossing out the half-full plastic cup.
I felt myself sighing again, feeling awfully thirsty and in dire need of a drink. “I think the same way as you do,” I found myself muttering, but he heard me.
“Then why drink this?”
I chewed on my lip, not wanting to tell him I forgot my money at home, and then have him insist on buying me a drink. I hate it when people buy me stuff—the last thing I want to be is a charity case, or accept gifts from others; I can take care of myself.
“I…uh…felt like juice. The only other things available to drink were soda and water.” If the stammer had been withheld, the lie would have sounded half decent, even to my ears.
Fishing out a bill from his pocket, he purchased two drinks; a can of Pepsi and a bottle of water. I was going to stop him, but then he held up his hand.
“Who said I was buying you a drink in the first place? I happen to be very thirsty, thank you very much.”
I blushed bright red, and looked away, feeling at least twice as stupid as before.
After a moment's pause, he grabbed my hand as he stuffed the drinks in his pant's pockets.
“There's a juice vending machine in the school—let's go, and you can buy your fruit punch that you want so badly. At least this juice is guaranteed to be clean and cold.”
I started shaking my head “No”, but I could already feel him pulling me towards the exit of the dance hall. I was doomed—I'd lied, and now I would be humiliated a second time when I tell him I don't even have any money.
I stopped before we left the room, and blurted out that I lied and don't even have any sort of cash with me. Instead of a condescending remark like I expected, he handed me the can of soda.
“I don't drink soda anyway—I'm a water type of person.” He opened the bottle and downed half of it, a faint smirk on his lips as he did so. I looked at the can, but within seconds I was doing the same.
“Thank you,” I murmured as I tossed the empty can out. What else could I do? He'd bought it, and didn't like soda—I wasn't about to let it go to waste…
“Now you owe me,” he said cockily, grinning.
“I'll pay you the money tomorrow,” I replied, turning back to the dance floor.
“No, I want you to pay me back the money; I want to be owed in a more, shall I say, enjoyable way.”
I felt myself gulp, feeling as if I'd been thrown into a hole and couldn't crawl back out.
“I want you to dance with me tonight, and be my date.”
XxXx
Author's Note
NOTE: I APOLOGIZE FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE! I WAS AWAY FOR A 32 DAY VACATION with my family. I am back now, however, so I hope updates will be more frrquent.
Angel: I've noticed something lately; less people are reviewing, and that makes me sad.
Jonathan: I'm sure it's just temporary—as the story progresses, more people will probably review. Maybe the readers are too busy doing other things right now?
Angel: You're probably right. Anyway, looks like some action might be happening between Rin and Sesshoumaru…
Jonathan: Looks like some action will be happening between me and Angel…
Angel: -Laughing- You're such a piggy, but that's one reason why I love ya.
Jonathan: Ooohh, no kick this time?
Angel: Nah, I'm in too good of a mood—plus you picked up on all the mistakes I made through this chapter, how could I possibly be mad at you? And I'm looking forward to the ice cream on Wednesday that we're going to eat together…
Jonathan: Only looking forward to the ice cream, eh? Nothing else? I see how it is…
Angel: Bah, that's not what I meant and you know it. Thank you to the few reviewers from chapter eight; I hope you'll review on this chapter and the chapters in the future as they are written and posted; your support is deeply appreciated.
Jonathan: So click that purple button…
Angel: The pretty, almost shiny purple button, and…
Jonathan:Give us your love by reviewing—it motivates Angel to write, and me to edit!
Sincerely,
DarkCrystalis
and
Jonathan