InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Lust ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Again thank you for the comments. I do read all of them and consider them when I am writing my chapters. I wanted to address one of the reviews. Inu_luver17, I wanted to say that there are several reasons Inuyasha hasn't said much. First of all, most of his memory was blurred after his injury, and he is slowly gaining his memories back. Secondly, what would you say in some of the situations he is in? He has to choose what he says carefully as what he says effects his life greatly. And lastly, Naraku told him to not tell anyone about the things he agreed to. I hope that clears up the reasoning behind his mostly silence. I think you will be happy to know that this chapter contains the most dialogue of any of the other chapters I've written, so enjoy! Also, I take criticism very well, so if you have anything you want to talk to me about, please feel free to leave a comment about it! I also don't have a proof reader, so sorry for any minor grammatical errors!
 
Chapter 5: Confessions
 
Kagome was quick to notice Inuyasha's tear, and she reached up to wipe it away. Inuyasha reacted sharply and quickly turned his head away from her hand. She retracted her hand slowly.
 
“Inu-“ she started, looking up at him, a slight disappointment hinting in her voice.
 
“It's nothing, I am fine,” he answered more harshly than he wanted.
 
She giggled and smiled at him. “Inuyasha, I've known you long enough to know when things are not fine. You can tell me what's wrong. I won't judge you Inuyasha.”
 
He felt confidence in her words, but he decided to ignore her comment for the time being. He had far too much on his mind to really give her an honest or loving answer, and he didn't want to talk angrily to her. He already felt guilty enough.
 
After a while of travel, Inuyasha grew tired of moving, so he found a clear spot between the trees and landed softly, with Kagome still gently wrapped in his arms. He set her down, and she stretched her legs. She turned back to Inuyasha and walked slowly over to him, resting her hand on his heart and looking up to him, smiling.
 
Inuyasha's heart was already pounding from running, but feeling Kagome's hand on his heart only intensified his heart beat. She seemed satisfied with the way he reacted to her touch. She turned away from him, playfully teasing as though she was walking away. She turned and looked over and smiled seductively at him.
 
“Kagome?” he questioned.
 
She turned to him suddenly, pouncing onto him and knocking him to the ground. She fell gently on top of him, his arms guiding her down safely. He quickly turned over, putting her on the bottom. He needed to say something to her, so she could at least somewhat understand what he was feeling without directly telling her any details of the story. He was sure this was a loop hole in Naraku's agreement.
 
"Kagome, I need to ask you something important," he breathed, soft and low, his voice horse and dry. She nodded slightly, and he continued, "What if you had to ask the person you cared about the most to sacrifice the very thing that would solidify your love for them?" He did his best to hold back his tears, but his voice betrayed his efforts to keep his sadness hidden.
 
Kagome squirmed gently below him, attempting to find comfort on the hard ground below her. He could tell she was thinking cautiously at his words. She was looking up into his eyes, and his own were frantically searching her's for a sign of her answer. Her gaze was unmoving, and the growing silence between them was building unbelievable anxiety in Inuyasha.
 
Finally she spoke, very slowly, and it was evident she was choosing her words carefully, “Inuyasha… I know that if someone really loved you, they would willingly sacrifice anything to keep you,” she smiled slightly, “Now stop all of this nonsense and tell me what has been bothering you so much!”
 
Inuyasha's lip was quivering slightly, but this time is wasn't because of a great sadness. His heart had warmed remarkably, and his eyes began to water slightly. Before he could think, his lips crashed down onto Kagome's in passion and desperation.
 
He could tell he caught Kagome by surprise, because she had tensed at his sudden action, but as he continued the kiss he felt her relax and begin to kiss him in return. He needed and wanted this moment more than anything else in the world, no matter what the price was.
 
He backed away from her slowly, smiling contently as he looked at her swollen lips. She was panting slightly from the kiss, and Inuyasha thought she looked more beautiful than ever. He brushed the few strands of stray hair from her face, and she smiled up at him.
 
“Inuyasha,” she spoke first, almost breathless, “You have no idea how long and badly I've wanted you to do that.” She giggled slightly. Inuyasha's heart swelled with pride, and he smiled confidently down at her.
 
“Now Inuyasha, tell me what's the mat-“ She was interrupted by his needy lips once again. Inuyasha wanted to savor every moment he had with her. He wanted to claim her right there, before Naraku could have her. But the constant tingle that the shard in his heart emitted prevented him from forgetting the deal he made. As he broke the kiss, he looked deep into her eyes. He wished he could tell her why he was in pain, but he remembered what Naraku had said: “If you tell the others about this agreement, I will kill them all…” He couldn't risk telling her even if Naraku had just been bluffing. He needed Kagome as his mate, but he needed her alive more than anything else.
 
“K-Kagome,” he stammered, his eyes had begun to water yet again, “I can't tell you what happened to me, because doing so would put your life at risk.”
 
She smirked slightly, “Inuyasha, I've put my life at risk to help you time and time again. I don't care what the cost is! Don't you understand that I love you Inuyasha? I would put my life at risk again and again if that's what loving you means. I understand the risks of being your lover Inuyasha. I've accepted them a long time ago. Now tell me what is bothering you!”
 
Inuyasha's heart was being torn in two. On one side he wanted to confide in her, tell her everything that was bothering him, claim her as his, but on the other, he wanted to save her life, but consequently give up her to not only another man, but someone as evil and diabolical as Naraku. It made him sick to his stomach thinking of that monster anywhere near his Kagome. He paused that thought. His Kagome.
 
His frustration with the situation grew too much for him to hide. He buried his face into her shoulder and cried harder than he had since his mom died so many years before. He felt her soft gentle hands caressing his back, and it soothed him slightly, but the tears poured out with seemingly no end.
 
She whispered softly into his ear, “It's ok Inuyasha. I am here for you, and I always will be. You don't have to suffer alone anymore.” Instead of consoling him, her words made him cry even more. He wanted her to understand it all. He didn't want to have to make the decision alone.
 
The next words she spoke would shock Inuyasha more than any words could. He was still adjusting to the idea of Kagome loving him, but when she spoke again, he had to take a moment to make sure he comprehended her words correctly.
 
“I want you Inuyasha. I want you to be my first, and only. I would be more than honored if you would claim me as your mate.”
 
He felt himself growing harder at her words. A part of him hoped Kagome wouldn't feel it, but the other part wanted her to know how much her words excited him.
 
He moved away to look at her once again, a salacious smile across her face. He took one look into those flashing brown eyes, and he had finally come to a decision.
 
He spoke with a slow confidence in his words, and he knew this was the right choice, “Kagome… I…”