InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Calming Violence, forever mine [sesshoumaru] Part 2 of Calming Violence ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ch 6: Emotions, emotions, emotions
Shaking your head you look at Rin, "Why don't you go get changed then meet me at the table for breakfast?" beaming at you she nodded rushing out the door Silva following. After everyone else left you got out of bed and walked into the bathroom not bothering to knock. He stood near the basin tying his kimono top into place, reaching for his armour as you walked over. "Sesshoumaru?" you ask stopping a few feet back, ever since he hit you, you never got too close until sure of your welcome. It hurt to feel the need to have permission to touch and talk to him but you had to it kept the peace between you.
"Yes Devani?" he made your name sound like a prayer, smiling you blush before stepping closer to him holding out your right hand to help him with his armour. Letting his hand drop away from the heavily weighted armour he side stepped so that he was no longer facing the armour and basin but facing you. Your hair slide forward, becoming like a golden shield for his intense gaze, as you lifted the heavy armour. His fingers caressed your cheek gently as he brushed it back making your breath catch and your pulse speed up. Bitting your bottom lip you turn to him, armour cradled between your hands.
"Sesshoumaru, my love what were you and the others talking about?" you asked in a small voice not wanting to anger him. Going down to one knee so you didn't have to reach up, you both found out you had a hard time lifting the heavy armour after you helped him dress the first time. "Lord Yusuke has sent his messenger again and he refused to wait for us to wake. He acts above his station and holds information about the next gathering for peace talks," he said anger leaking into his voice. But this was a pointed, justified anger so it was alright. "So what was he here for last time?" you asked.
Standing a sudden grin on his face he says "He, Lord Yusuke, offered his daughter, Yumi, to me as my mate," your face darkened, anger brewing up, tension running up and down your body. Laughing, full, head back and delighted he looked back at you "Don't worry my sweet, I told him I couldn't and wouldn't take his daughter as mine because I am already mated and don't wish to leave the woman I am with," he said taking one of your hands away from the ties of his armour. Lifting your hand gently to his mouth, putting the lightest of kisses on it. Turning your hand over you run your thumb over his bottom lip.
Letting out a shaky breath you take your hand back and concentrate on the many ties that held his armour in place. Your throat felt tight as tears burned your eyes. The thought of losing Sesshoumaru hut, it usually did but lately you'd been rather moody, it was odd. "Devani what's wrong?" he asked biting your bottom lip you shake your head. "You need to go meet the messenger and I must tend to Rin we don't have time to discuss my moods," you say finishing the last tie, stepping back you continue "besides I'm fine," before turning to leave the room only top have him, grab your arm, painfully.
Your breath caught in your throat as he pulled you to him, one hand locking behind your back the other putting a painful grip on your chin forcing your head up to look at him. His golden eyes were full of concern, gentle as his hands were rough. "Tell me," he barked sighing you divert your eyes as you say "I'm...I'm scared," voice small, uncertain and full of pain. "What? Why?" he did something with the hand on your chin that made you gasp before he released it laying his hand gently on the side of your face. "I'm scared you'll stop loving me, desiring me and that you'll find another who is all the things you wish I was," you whisper still not look at him.
"And that would be?" he asked closing your eyes you pull away from him, reluctantly he released you, you could feel his confusion. Shaking your head picture a green kimono with blue and red flowers and a yellow obi, when you open your eyes you were dressed in the thick fabric. "I need to go, Rins waiting and I believe the messenger will loss patience with us soon," you say turning and this time he let you leave.
Sesshoumaru Pov
Standing there after she left you frowned, what did she mean? Why did she think you'd stop loving her, wanting her? Was it because of the fight; that you lost it because she'd never be just yours? Shaking your head you leave your room to go meet Yusukes messenger, outwardly you looked calm, cool and collected, you'd mastered blank faces but inside you were at a loss. Did Devani think you'd be tempted else were? Sighing you put those thoughts away before entering your study, Shade, Yusuke's messenger was already sitting, posture perfect. Pale blue hair, eyes and creamy pink/white skin with a height of 5'8 marked him as he was: an ice demon.
"Shade," you greet sitting down face set as you watched him, "Lord Sesshoumaru arrived at last," he said voice full of scorn. "Yes well I had other matters to discuss with my mate, now what is it your here for Shade?" your voice empty when in your mind you wondered what Yusuke would do if you took his head. "Arr, yes this 'mate' my lord requests that I meet this lady, he was most insistent, you did after all refuse the hand of his daughter," he said. His tone telling you that neither he, nr his lord believed you to be taken, or if so you planed to be rid of her like the last four mates you'd taken. "Very well, we'll see her but first are there any other matters to discuss?"
"Lord Yusuke's instructions were quite clear Lord Sesshoumaru, I am to meet this 'mate' of yours then we will discuss other matters," he said his hand straightening his top. "Very well... I believe she and Rin are in the banquet hall, shale we," you say standing. Following you down the hall Shade took in every detail as you say telepathically to Devani {Honey, the messenger and I are coming to see you,}. You felt her confusion before she asked {Why?} {Neither he or Yusuke believe me to be mated, you're still in the banquet hall right?} You ask. {Yes, I'll see you soon the,} and with that she closed her mind to you.
Entering the banquet hall which was empty except for Devani and Rin who sat in their seats on the head table, looking up Devani smiled at you, part lust, part passion and all love. Giving a small smile back you watch her stand and walk towards you after saying something to Rin, stoping you turn slightly to look at Shade who'd stoped and was watching Devani with distaste. "A human, Sesshoumaru? We all thought you better than that," he scorned, glaring at him you reply "She is more than meets the eye Shade." "My love what are you doing here?" she asked stoping beside you, close enough that you could feel the line of her body like a warm hand.
"Devani this is Lord Yusuke's messenger, Shade, Shade this is my mate lady Devani," you say putting an arm around her waist, pulling her against you gently. "Welcome Shade, it's nice to meet you," she said resting her head on your arm "I wish I could say the same human," Shade said in that scornful tone of his. Sighing Devani says "I really wish people would stop calling me that," as Sorekaze, Kitto, Tokimune and Robin walked in. Kitto was one of the youngest members of your army and Robin had worked as a healer within your palace since way before you were born. "Milord we need Lady Devani for a few moments, one of the new men refuses my aid without her there," he said.
Robin was made up of all greens, white green skin, emerald green eyes and new leaf green hair, and he never wore anything but green and white. "What happened?" Devani asked pulling away already moving towards them, looking over her shoulder at you she says "I'll be back as soon as possible, could you get Silva or Marai to watch Rin, my love?" nodding you turn back to Shade "You'll have to excuse her, SILVA!" you yell. As the doors closed on Devani and the four men Silva came through the kitchen doors eyes a little wide. "You called my lord?" she asked. "Take care of Rin," you snap nodding she walked over to her "And tell Devani we're in my office when she gets back," you say walking away.
When you once again sat across from Shade he asked "How long have you and Devani been mated?" scowling you say "That is none of your business now what other business are you here on messenger." "Not very long I'd say and you don't intend plan to keep her at your side because other wise you'd have had a party, a celebration to mark the occasion of your 'marrige' as it were," he says. "I am not fond o parties but she and I agreed to wait until we were used to it and those in our land were used to having a Lady," you reply continuing "I am not your friend, I am not fond of you now Shade tell me what other business you need to discuss with me before I loss all patience."
"Very well, the next peace talks will be held at my lords palace in ten days time you, your 'mate', and six entourage are invited, Lord Seth and Lord Falcon will also be coming with their brides and people," he stoped talking as Devani opened the door. "Sorry about that, Jadea was being a sook again," she said with a small smile as she took her place at your side. "My lord also wishes that after these peace talks to hold a celebration of your marriage, a sort of coming out party for your mate," his voice was light but the look in his eyes was not. "That is most kind of Lord Yusuke," you say one hand going to rest on her thigh; you couldn't be this close to her and not touch. Her small hand found yours and squeezed it before she began to draw small circles on the back of it.
Devani POV
"Yes it is now, I must ask again how long have you been mated?" you didn't like Shade, not one bit, he was rude, intrusive and a major ass. Sesshoumaru did his version of a sigh, which to anyone else would have looked and sounded like his normal breathing. "Shade- he began but you cut him off with the bit eof your nails, frowning down at you he stops talking.”A little over four months," you say with a small smile that made Sesshoumaru's eyes soften and his heart jump. "You let your human wench do all your talking is it now? I'd heard rumours of you being pussy whipped but I didn't believe it to be true...until now," Shade said his voice full of distaste.
Standing abruptly you glare down at him, Sesshoumaru's hand still in yours but that was secondary now, now you were so angry you could feel your energy level rise rapidly. For the last week, no month or so strong emotions made your power level spike dangerously, but it wasn't all your power, you didn't know whose power you were tapping into but it wasn't yours. "You have been above and beyond rude, I don't mind being mistaken for a human but you've not only insulted me but my mat WHO is far above you a lowly messenger. You need to learn respect for others and to learn your place, if you do not begin to treat Sesshoumaru and myself in the correct manor you'll be going home in a body bag is that clear Shade?" you asked calmly, an under current of anger leaking into your tone.
There was a quiet knock on the door which took you away from Shade "Enter," you snap sitting down suddenly drained, dizzy and slightly sick in the stomach. Pyro and Vern entered, Vern glaring at Shade instantly not liking the demon, Pyro on the other hand only had eyes for you and Sesshoumaru as if Shade wasn't even worth his notice. "Milady, what has distressed you?" he asked his voice the most 'human' of the four of them. "Princess your energy spiked dangerously please tell us the problem," Vern continued angry eyes on Shade. He alway seemed to be pissed at people who hadn't done anything. "Thank you for the concern boys, Shade meet Vern and Pyro two members of my and Sesshoumaru's personal guard, boys Shade, Lord Yusukes messenger," you say quietly.
You put one hand on your stomach the other clutching Sesshoumaru's hand almost desperately to keep your breakfast down. "Vern, Pyro take Devani to our room and have Robin see her," Sesshoumaru said worry in his voice, nodding Pyro walked over offering you his arm like the guards did when Lokia still existed. "Go, Devani, I'll come up soon," he said or more reassured you, nodding you released his hand and stood taking Pyro's arm. "And that's why never mate a human, weak, stupid and emotion bound," Shade said and that did it. Lashing out with straight power you cling to Pyro's arm as Shade hit the wall with a painful thud.
I...am...not...human," you growl through clenched teeth swaying. "If you continue to treat Sesshoumaru and I as less than we are, you'll find out how not human I really am," you say before going out the door. Collapsing against Pyro you grown "What the hell is wrong with me?" as Vern took your other arm and together they helped you walk back to your room.

Odd man OUT
Stepping out of the room Robin looked up at Sesshoumaru, Silva, Sorekaze, Stephen, Tokimune, Marai and Rin all standing behind the worried lord. "Milord," he began closing the door "Lady Devani's pregnant,"...