InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny: By Land ❯ Beneath the Rocks ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:
Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.

-------------------------
Written for Challenge Destiny: By Land. Originally posted June 28, 2011.


Title: Beneath the Rocks
By Land #8 Buried Treasure
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: Adventure/Angst
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 250
Summary: Inuyasha attempts to rescue Kagome
Warnings: Language
----------------------

“No! Kagome!” Inuyasha cried again as he lunged towards the pile of rock and dirt he knew was in front of him. It was pitch black, the flashlight having been buried in the falling rocks. “Fuck!” he exclaimed as he realized just how much of the cavern was buried in rock.

“Kagome! Can you hear me?! Damn it wench, answer me!” He cursed as his claws swiftly dug into the dirt and rock. He used his strength to toss boulders aside as he forced a path into buried cavern.

All he could think was that it was all his fault. She had tried to warn him but he hadn't listened and now the most important person in his life was trapped, buried under all of these rocks, possibly even-

“No!” he snarled, claws digging even faster. Inuyasha forced his thoughts away from that thought as he doubled his efforts, tossing rocks left and right, uncaring of where they might land. “She's not, she can't be! I just have to move these rocks, unbury her and she'll be fine. You hear that wench? You're gonna be fine, damn it!”

He gave no thought to the sweat running down his face or the small cuts he received as the shifting rocks fell towards him. He simply kept digging, knowing that the most important person, the greatest treasure in the world, was buried somewhere in this mess and he had to save her. Failure is not an option!


Converting /tmp/phpYFQlKA to /dev/stdout